Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    ...comparison in German Auto Zeitung.

    Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder(e-gear,P Zero Rosso, Ceramics)

    0-100km/h: 4.2s
    0-160km/h: 9.1s
    0-200km/h:13.8s
    Max: 314km/h
    Weight: 1720kg
    Track time: 1:39,0min

    Porsche 997 Turbo Cabrio(manual, LSD, PCCB)

    0-100km/h: 3.9s
    0-160km/h: 8.1s
    0-200km/h:12.3s
    Max: 310km/h
    Weight: 1640kg
    Track time: 1:38,0min

    Gallardo with better traction, 997 Turbo more demanding on(or near) limit... Steering more precise in 997 Turbo... 997 Turbo stiffer strcture as a cabrio then Gallardo Spyder... Gallardo is more soulfull but, 997 Turbo is way better car overall according to AZ.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    No doubt about that, I'd take the lambo anytime!!

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    I'd go with the 997TT, but not in this brown color...yawk..

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Per usual, your heart tells you to get the lambo/aston/ferrari, your head tells you to get the solid build/tech of the 911 Turbo.

    It's a tough choice, the 911 turbo coupe is just so damn good, but if you've had/driven a lot of 911s, you are just aching for a depature, albiet an almost assuradly inferior one.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Wow! That's impessive, I didn't expect to see the TT Cab beating the G-Spider in performance tests across the board.

    The Turbo Cab is getting great press, for a Cabriolet.

    EVO/ September/ Henry Catchpole - "All right, I was sceptical. So sceptical in fact that I drove the tiptronic first, just because I thought it would be that sort of car"..."It's nice to be proved wrong sometimes".. "Full throttle in the Turbo releases a sort of inexorable flood of speed. It is sensationally rapid, and awareness of this is only increased by taking away the roof that would noramlly be between you and the blurring countryside.".. "The the end of the day my cabriolet scepticism had melted into the slipstream. I'd still have a coupe but I won't look so scornfully on the 40 per cent of Turbo owners that choose the open air experience"...

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Any numbers for 430 spider?

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    I'd go with the 997TT, but not in this brown color...yawk..


    Well... I saw a metallic brown 930 the other day, even my wife was moved to comment how nice it looked.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Porsche all the way forget the lambo

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Wow, from the angle in that photo the Gallardo looks ridiculously large.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...comparison in German Auto Zeitung.

    Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder(e-gear,P Zero Rosso, Ceramics)

    0-100km/h: 4.2s
    0-160km/h: 9.1s
    0-200km/h:13.8s
    Max: 314km/h
    Weight: 1720kg
    Track time: 1:39,0min

    Porsche 997 Turbo Cabrio(manual, LSD, PCCB)

    0-100km/h: 3.9s
    0-160km/h: 8.1s
    0-200km/h:12.3s
    Max: 310km/h
    Weight: 1640kg
    Track time: 1:38,0min

    Gallardo with better traction, 997 Turbo more demanding on(or near) limit... Steering more precise in 997 Turbo... 997 Turbo stiffer strcture as a cabrio then Gallardo Spyder... Gallardo is more soulfull but, 997 Turbo is way better car overall according to AZ.



    Got tempted today when I spotted a new Gallardo Spyder sitting in the window of a nearby showroom.

    It looks stunning.



    What was also stunning though was the price tag: Pounds165,000

    A very well optioned TT Cab will cost you about Pounds115k here. So Pounds50k more! For that extra money you'd want a lot more than just looks, you'd expect the Gallardo to blitz the Turbo in every category.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...comparison in German Auto Zeitung.

    Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder(e-gear,P Zero Rosso, Ceramics)

    0-100km/h: 4.2s
    0-160km/h: 9.1s
    0-200km/h:13.8s
    Max: 314km/h
    Weight: 1720kg
    Track time: 1:39,0min

    Porsche 997 Turbo Cabrio(manual, LSD, PCCB)

    0-100km/h: 3.9s
    0-160km/h: 8.1s
    0-200km/h:12.3s
    Max: 310km/h
    Weight: 1640kg
    Track time: 1:38,0min

    Gallardo with better traction, 997 Turbo more demanding on(or near) limit... Steering more precise in 997 Turbo... 997 Turbo stiffer strcture as a cabrio then Gallardo Spyder... Gallardo is more soulfull but, 997 Turbo is way better car overall according to AZ.



    Got tempted today when I spotted a new Gallardo Spyder sitting in the window of a nearby showroom.

    It looks stunning.



    What was also stunning though was the price tag: Pounds165,000

    A very well optioned TT Cab will cost you about Pounds115k here. So Pounds50k more! For that extra money you'd want a lot more than just looks, you'd expect the Gallardo to blitz the Turbo in every category.




    And instead it's THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Yup, the Turbo is certainly the intelligent place to put your money (well, in comparison anyway)

    ...Christmas can't come soon enough this year for me!!

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    The results are surprising - but I'd take the Gally any day. The engine not alone is intoxicating. It's the closest thing I've heard to a CGT yet.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Spotted a Turbo Cabrio @ the Nordschleife yesterday, nice car, but I prefer the coupé


    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    I think those cars are purly bought by emotions, so design and feeling counts over quality.

    So - the one who like the Gallardo better will never buy a 911TT just because of a article and vis versa!

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    Per said:
    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per




    Yes! But it really depends On what you're looking to do w/ the car. If it's not just a nice day ride it also has to do everything else well too. If I was looking for a weekend car than I'd prefer the Lambo G-Spyder over a Turbo Cab but I already have a 2 seater weekend car so I need something that will give me the performance of a Gallardo or F430 but in a car I can use everyday without fuss/ can carry stuff in the trunk/ is easy to drive around traffic/ more reliable/ will get me from place to place without a lot of stares & can take my wife & kids along too so for me specifically that's why I decided against the G-Spyder in favor of a Turbo Cab. Plus I like the idea of having the weekend car the more hardcore type being the coupe, the car that I can really enjoy the convertible is better to be the car that I use everyday where I spend the most amount of time in and therefore most amount of time top-down. My point being it's not just about which sounds better - Lambo would win in this regard imo, for some people there's other factors.

    btw: Beautiful car ! What color is that? Looks like black metallic or is it jet black?

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    Per said:
    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per



    what a beauty - read 69bossnine's relevant post on this thread:

    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=370760&page=0&fpart=2&vc=1

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Per said:
    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per




    Yes! But it really depends On what you're looking to do w/ the car. If it's not just a nice day ride it also has to do everything else well too. If I was looking for a weekend car than I'd prefer the Lambo G-Spyder over a Turbo Cab but I already have a 2 seater weekend car so I need something that will give me the performance of a Gallardo or F430 but in a car I can use everyday without fuss/ can carry stuff in the trunk/ is easy to drive around traffic/ more reliable/ will get me from place to place without a lot of stares & can take my wife & kids along too so for me specifically that's why I decided against the G-Spyder in favor of a Turbo Cab. Plus I like the idea of having the weekend car the more hardcore type being the coupe, the car that I can really enjoy the convertible is better to be the car that I use everyday where I spend the most amount of time in and therefore most amount of time top-down. My point being it's not just about which sounds better - Lambo would win in this regard imo, for some people there's other factors.

    btw: Beautiful car ! What color is that? Looks like black metallic or is it jet black?



    Thank you. Yes, it's black metallic.

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    Per said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Per said:
    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per




    Yes! But it really depends On what you're looking to do w/ the car. If it's not just a nice day ride it also has to do everything else well too. If I was looking for a weekend car than I'd prefer the Lambo G-Spyder over a Turbo Cab but I already have a 2 seater weekend car so I need something that will give me the performance of a Gallardo or F430 but in a car I can use everyday without fuss/ can carry stuff in the trunk/ is easy to drive around traffic/ more reliable/ will get me from place to place without a lot of stares & can take my wife & kids along too so for me specifically that's why I decided against the G-Spyder in favor of a Turbo Cab. Plus I like the idea of having the weekend car the more hardcore type being the coupe, the car that I can really enjoy the convertible is better to be the car that I use everyday where I spend the most amount of time in and therefore most amount of time top-down. My point being it's not just about which sounds better - Lambo would win in this regard imo, for some people there's other factors.

    btw: Beautiful car ! What color is that? Looks like black metallic or is it jet black?



    Thank you. Yes, it's black metallic.



    Its really right up my alley. I have a red/black dual leather in my F430. I'm ordering Basalt (Metallic) black for my TT Cab so when I saw your pick I was like wow! How do you like metallic black/have you also had straight black before too? Love how it looks on your G! What made you decide to get the metallic over black?

    Re: 997 Turbo Cabrio vs. Gallardo Spyder...

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Per said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Per said:
    Fire them both up and decide after that! The engine and the sound of the engine IS important if you are to spend a lot of money for a sports car.

    I'm sorry to say for you P fans but the amount of driving pleasure I get out of my G Spyder '07 EVERY time I drive it is so far from the feeling I had with all my 911's including the Turbo Cab. And isn't driving pleasure what you look for when you buy a convertible sports car?

    /Per




    Yes! But it really depends On what you're looking to do w/ the car. If it's not just a nice day ride it also has to do everything else well too. If I was looking for a weekend car than I'd prefer the Lambo G-Spyder over a Turbo Cab but I already have a 2 seater weekend car so I need something that will give me the performance of a Gallardo or F430 but in a car I can use everyday without fuss/ can carry stuff in the trunk/ is easy to drive around traffic/ more reliable/ will get me from place to place without a lot of stares & can take my wife & kids along too so for me specifically that's why I decided against the G-Spyder in favor of a Turbo Cab. Plus I like the idea of having the weekend car the more hardcore type being the coupe, the car that I can really enjoy the convertible is better to be the car that I use everyday where I spend the most amount of time in and therefore most amount of time top-down. My point being it's not just about which sounds better - Lambo would win in this regard imo, for some people there's other factors.

    btw: Beautiful car ! What color is that? Looks like black metallic or is it jet black?



    Thank you. Yes, it's black metallic.



    Its really right up my alley. I have a red/black dual leather in my F430. I'm ordering Basalt (Metallic) black for my TT Cab so when I saw your pick I was like wow! How do you like metallic black/have you also had straight black before too? Love how it looks on your G! What made you decide to get the metallic over black?



    Hi again,
    I really like the black metallic on the Lambo. I think the Lambo black metallic is a little bit more black that the basalt black on a Porsche. I didn't consider solid black on the Lambo this time because of that but I had solid black on my former 996 C4S Cab (I also had basalt black on my former 996 C4 Cab :-)) and that was awesome. A new washed solid black paint on a Porsche is so very black - and absolutely stunning. The basalt is a little easier to maintain regarding scratches, but I'm sure you could handle solid black too. In my opinion solid black on a Porsche is better because the Basalt Black is not totally black in my eyes. Let me know if you change your mind. :-) Congratualtions to your new P!

    /Per

    PS! I have done my Lambo (and also my last car: black MB SL55 AMG) with Zaino Car Polish and Zaino really make a difference especially on a black car. If you haven't tried it before I can really recommend it! DS!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    578432 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    357330 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86092 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/20/21 4:07 PM
    Wonderbar
    43984 338
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35187 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32871 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/20/21 11:02 AM
    Joost
    15299 310
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4297 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561538 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    401468 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355781 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352675 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312965 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309678 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215900 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    183040 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160377 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137998 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/20/21 4:06 PM
    WhoopsyM
    110991 2088
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    105566 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77103 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/16/21 10:24 AM
    rhino
    69906 1154
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    64615 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    63520 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    56421 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    42997 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/21 3:42 PM
    RCA
    36417 476
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    33708 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    28612 385
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/14/21 9:06 PM
    Grant
    28223 406
    273 items found, displaying 1 to 30.