Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Will U.S. 430 have launch control?

i have heard that the f430's in america will not come with launch control

Re: Will U.S. 430 have launch control?

I need to Know PLEASE

That's true, no American F430's will have LC, the rest will....

Will there be any possible way to have LC

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    That's true, no American F430's will have LC, the rest will....

Sorry NO launch control in US cars.

Quote:
    f430 red said:
    Will there be any possible way to have LC

Buy a Stadale.

You might consider importing a Euro 430 and deal with a myriad of other headaches.

ow much more will it cos to import

Quote:
    f430 red said:

euro fcars are always much cheaper (no US warranty for starters and some fcar dealers won't even work on them for money!). wait a little while and they will be readily available. however, with the dollar sucking wind these days, that may not be the case this time. nick's right, get a stradale if you want launch control. afterall, the optional ceramic brakes and 19" wheels, shifting software, tachometer, optional carbon fiber bits, rear aerodynamics, side sills, gas filler cap, and a host of other things are straight from the stradale which you can get for a fraction of what you'll pay for an f430 "at market". as well, since they're all 04s, warranty will be similar as well. that said, launch control is kind of stupid and very hard on the clutch. if you want a drag racer, there are probably much better and cheaper options. then again, this use of launch control is orgasmic:

http://videos.eserver.com/Ferrari_Stradale1.mpeg

however, the 430 will likely be more refined than the stradale if that's your thing. i intend to drive nick's 430 when it arrives back to back against my stradale - if i still have it then to see what the turn in, rigidity, body roll, etc differences (major diff between 360 and stradale) turn out to be. i'm sure the 430 is considerably faster with it's extra torque though. honestly the wrong gear can be a PIA in the a stradale when exiting a corner owing to the poor torque (like the GT3).

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    f430 red said:

euro fcars are always much cheaper (no US warranty for starters and some fcar dealers won't even work on them for money!). wait a little while and they will be readily available. however, with the dollar sucking wind these days, that may not be the case this time. nick's right, get a stradale if you want launch control. afterall, the optional ceramic brakes and 19" wheels, shifting software, tachometer, optional carbon fiber bits, rear aerodynamics, side sills, gas filler cap, and a host of other things are straight from the stradale which you can get for a fraction of what you'll pay for an f430 "at market". as well, since they're all 04s, warranty will be similar as well. that said, launch control is kind of stupid and very hard on the clutch. if you want a drag racer, there are probably much better and cheaper options. then again, this use of launch control is orgasmic:

however, the 430 will likely be more refined than the stradale if that's your thing. i intend to drive nick's 430 when it arrives back to back against my stradale - if i still have it then to see what the turn in, rigidity, body roll, etc differences (major diff between 360 and stradale) turn out to be. i'm sure the 430 is considerably faster with it's extra torque though. honestly the wrong gear can be a PIA in the a stradale when exiting a corner owing to the poor torque (like the GT3).

Nice video......but I DOUBT that was with the LC on, WAYYYYY to much wheel-spin for LC. I've seen my freind use the LC and the tires only spin a little....and that's the point.

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    f430 red said:

Nice video......but I DOUBT that was with the LC on, WAYYYYY to much wheel-spin for LC. I've seen my freind use the LC and the tires only spin a little....and that's the point.

duh, you're right. preventing wheel spin is exactly what it's designed to do.

Optimal acceleration is achieved with a little wheelspin, but perhaps that is too much. How do you account for the popping noise, if it's not LC? TC?

Quote:
    Justin said:
    Optimal acceleration is achieved with a little wheelspin, but perhaps that is too much. How do you account for the popping noise, if it's not LC? TC?

rev limiter

I'm curious why you're so anxious to have the launch control. Seems pretty unnecessary for a car like that. I don't consider it a dragster and most track driving does not require a quick getaway from a dead stop...

Quote:
    Grant said:
    I'm curious why you're so anxious to have the launch control. Seems pretty unnecessary for a car like that. I don't consider it a dragster and most track driving does not require a quick getaway from a dead stop...

for getting away from the inevitable bank robbery that follows any owner's realization of the maintinence costs

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:

for getting away from the inevitable bank robbery that follows any owner's realization of the maintinence costs

guess you missed this thread which is surprising since it's on the same page as this one:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...0&fpart=all

i would like to have launch control so i know that i could kick many cas on the streets asses and its also very fast

Quote:
    f430 red said:
    i would like to have launch control so i know that i could kick many cas on the streets asses and its also very fast

and it's also good for eating your clutch quickly. the largest # of times i've heard it can be used on a single clutch is 20. the first thing i was asked by dealers when selling my stradale was "how many times did you use LC?" (answer was zero since i don't buy these kinds of cars for their drag racing abilities). so, even if the number is 20 (most agree it's much less), each street drag race will cost you $225 minimum.

But the F430 has a newer clutch model that should prevent just that and should last much longer, i belive the proof of that is the reason they test the cars LC in TV reviews that much this time ( for stradale they just pointed it out). Also the new LC software is much better.

Quote:
    janus said:
    But the F430 has a newer clutch model that should prevent just that and should last much longer, i belive the proof of that is the reason they test the cars LC in TV reviews that much this time ( for stradale they just pointed it out). Also the new LC software is much better.

like most of the f430 save for the motor, the clutch is likely from the stradale. i fail to see how the wearing of the clutch via intentional slippage at the hands of LC is going to be rectified by a new clutch unless it's way thicker (not a smart idea) or made of different material (would be way too expensive to make a ceramic).

This is a quote from another site ''The new transmission has a twin plate clutch design, yet it offers reduced clutch inertia, meaning quicker, smoother gear changes'' They reduced the engine height with it but I don't know maybe it is also more forgiving on the clutch, i just hope someone will try to use it after they get their cars.

Quote:
    janus said:
    This is a quote from another site ''The new transmission has a twin plate clutch design, yet it offers reduced clutch inertia, meaning quicker, smoother gear changes'' They reduced the engine height with it but I don't know maybe it is also more forgiving on the clutch, i just hope someone will try to use it after they get their cars.

Correct. The F430 uses that improved twin plate clutch. By using two plates, Ferrari managed to make the clutch much more comfortable as in case of the 360. For instance starting from standstill especially whilst car/clutch is cold, is a PITA with the 360 (especially reversing the car). The clutch opens and closes and with it the revv is going up and down, giving the impression you can't drive properly. Well, there's absolutely no such thing in the F430. I tried it several times, crawling, reversing, back and forth, it just behaves like an automatic tranny, just without moving on its own. Simply great, this is really the first time when you can recommend the F1 without any hesitation.

But back to topic I really don't think, that this improved clutch copes better with LC-starts. Anyway I don't care, as I'm absolutely with Ben: you don't need LC at all, it's just a gimmick with an extra LC-button in the cockpit to make some connections to Formula 1. But there is absolutely no use for such things in a road car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/23/24 11:21 AM
    RCA
    581371 1761
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    377770 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    251904 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 2/22/24 5:12 PM
    GT-Boy
    210229 291
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    41490 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    2263 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

840824 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    725344 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM