Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    The highlight of my life

    Last week on my way to school on what seemed to be a regular monday morning, I encountered 14 Porsches driving past me on the highway. At first I only saw two black Cayennes with a lot of equipment.. then these were followed by four 997 S it seemed.. then another four black 997s followed, these were however camouflaged.. next in line were two yellow 997s with what seemed to be the bodykit i've seen before on 997 GT3 spy pics... and lastly I saw another two black cars.. heavely camouflaged, they must have been the 997 Turbo because they looked exactly like the 997 Turbo spy pics.. oh man that definitely woke me up.. It took me a while to realize what I had seen, since I have seen every spy pic available I knew this was an amazing experience... i wish i had taken some pictures for u guys but they passed in like a couple of seconds..

    Re: The highlight of my life

    I remember seeing the Cayenne several months before it was announced in Venice (not the original but the copy in Cali). Three of them, also black in camouflage. The sound of the engine gave them away.

    Re: The highlight of my life

    That's so cool! A friend of mine did his internship in south afrcia, and mailed me: "hey Joost, I saw a hole row of black 911's with tape on them... so strange!" (he has no car knowledge, so didnt understand the tape) Later, when the 997 was released, I saw tons of pics of the 997 tested in South africa... and the lucky soab never realised what he saw!
    -Joost-

    Re: The highlight of my life

    Didn't they teach you at school to have a digital camera on you all the time?

    Oh man that would make my day too; the type of scene you see once in a life time .

    Re: The highlight of my life

    I had the chance to see a truck loaded up with 997s when they where still not in the dealers but that is even better!! I'd go stop one of the turbos and kick all the camo off and then take some pics

    Re: The highlight of my life

    THAT'S the highlight of your life?



    You obviously haven't been thru the birth of your child yet.



    You certainly haven't been thru the subsequent divorce either.


    Re: The highlight of my life

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    THAT'S the highlight of your life?



    You obviously haven't been thru the birth of your child yet.



    You certainly haven't been thru the subsequent divorce either.





    Give the lad a chance he was on his way to school!

    Re: The highlight of my life

    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Last week on my way to school on what seemed to be a regular monday morning, I encountered 14 Porsches driving past me on the highway. At first I only saw two black Cayennes with a lot of equipment.. then these were followed by four 997 S it seemed.. then another four black 997s followed, these were however camouflaged.. next in line were two yellow 997s with what seemed to be the bodykit i've seen before on 997 GT3 spy pics... and lastly I saw another two black cars.. heavely camouflaged, they must have been the 997 Turbo because they looked exactly like the 997 Turbo spy pics.. oh man that definitely woke me up.. It took me a while to realize what I had seen, since I have seen every spy pic available I knew this was an amazing experience... i wish i had taken some pictures for u guys but they passed in like a couple of seconds..



    There are a number of 997 Turbo spy pics out there. Which ones did your sighting resemble?

    Re: The highlight of my life

    hmm MMD im only 18 so.. i can imagine that that would be the highlight of anyone's life really.. anyway back to the topic.. well the turbo pics looked a lot like this one.. it had the wide openings at the side just beside the doors.. and the tail wing seemed to be holded there by 5 stripes running down at the rear side of the wing.. if that makes any sense to you at all... well it looked exactly like this one here..

    Re: The highlight of my life

    here's the second pictures.. sorry guys.. im quite new to the system of attaching pics and such

    Re: The highlight of my life

    Thanks. So the ones you saw were still very heavily camouflaged. Good luck with your studies, and ono day you'll have your own TT.

    Re: The highlight of my life

    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    hmm MMD im only 18 so..



    AtzPorsche, you're most welcome on this board.
    I believe MM thought u were older

    IMO it's great to have people of all ages in here...not just old farts like me
    Keep up the enthusiasm and thanks for your input!

    Re: The highlight of my life

    Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    hmm MMD im only 18 so..



    AtzPorsche, you're most welcome on this board.
    I believe MM thought u were older

    IMO it's great to have people of all ages in here...not just old farts like me
    Keep up the enthusiasm and thanks for your input!



    I was just joking about how life is full of "highlights." I certainly didn't mean to make fun of, or discourage you. Not realizing your young age, I messed up a little in my choice of wording, I apologise. If I were Bill Gates I'd buy the car for you, DARN!


    Re: The highlight of my life

    Thats okey MMD you thought I saw much older so....
    Damn, I wish you were Bill Gates!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    576640 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    356580 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    85867 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/4/21 8:01 AM
    bluelines
    43253 328
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35049 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32676 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/14/21 2:39 PM
    watt
    14883 299
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4117 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    560834 5257
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/20/20 8:24 AM
    schmoell
    533320 4260
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    400768 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355285 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352186 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312347 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309543 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215184 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    182246 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160248 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137951 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/15/21 1:06 AM
    Grant
    108488 2035
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    105274 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    76998 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 3/15/21 7:26 PM
    Enmanuel
    69399 1151
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    64468 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 3/15/21 3:59 PM
    Topspeed
    63326 679
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    56287 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    42897 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/21 3:42 PM
    RCA
    36295 476
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    33526 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    28543 385
    271 items found, displaying 1 to 30.