Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    430 scud order

    Placed the order today (Rosso Mugello, grey strips, grey wheels, grey fabric on the seats):
    -Brake Calipers in Rosso Corsa (asked if they can be painted in car's color)
    -Alcantara Trim Interior (Nero)
    -Underdoor Moulding and Wheel Arch in Black Alcantara
    -Colour on Request for Standard Stitching (Grigio Scuro)
    -Carbon Steering Wheel with Upper Crown and LEDs
    -4 Point Safety Harnesses
    -Road Legal Roll-Bar
    -Radio Bluetooth
    -Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
    -Space Saver Wheel Kit (undecided, probably not)

    Open for suggestions and comments.

    Re: 430 scud order

    very nice
    i would have gold wheels, blk alcan/red tech material interior, red stiching, cf rear - delete space saver ,radio ,tyre pressure thingy,

    Re: 430 scud order

    I would reconsider rosso mugello, it is too dark...

    Re: 430 scud order

    Congrats !

    I am a little lost about Rosso Mugello: I thought it was the new red which is supposed to be unavailable, and that its name was actually Rosso Mondial.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Radio bluetooth???? Plan to conduct business while racing? I really don't see a need for it considering the sound of the car and the anticipated reason for owning the car.

    The gold wheels might be something to consider. As I understand it, they are ultra light and state of the art for wheels.

    The tire pressure monitor is a must.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Actually Nick tire pressure monitor it's a bad idea if you want to track a car.

    So if I would want to do that I will cut almost all options inluding the alcantara leather. You forgot that I've seen the car, both versions, stripped and leather. And frankly I don't like the mid center part without the radio. Same goes for the leather: I add it because I liked the car more with alcantara than without anything.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Ziggy, I've seen Rosso Mugello and I like it a lot. It's simple as that

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Placed the order today (Rosso Mugello, grey strips, grey wheels, grey fabric on the seats):
    -Brake Calipers in Rosso Corsa (asked if they can be painted in car's color)
    -Alcantara Trim Interior (Nero)
    -Underdoor Moulding and Wheel Arch in Black Alcantara
    -Colour on Request for Standard Stitching (Grigio Scuro)
    -Carbon Steering Wheel with Upper Crown and LEDs
    -4 Point Safety Harnesses
    -Road Legal Roll-Bar
    -Radio Bluetooth
    -Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
    -Space Saver Wheel Kit (undecided, probably not)

    Open for suggestions and comments.




    You have to ditch the spare tire.. The whole concept behind the Scud is reduced weight by shaving a lb here a lb there, high-tech carbon fiber & you're going to throw weight back into the car w/ a spare, don't do it imho. As Ferrari said about the Scud - 'whatever doesn't add to the performance of the car, doesn't go on'...Plus that trunk space is useful till you put a spare in there. IMO the spare is opposite what the 430 is all about and even more opposite what the 430 Scud is about.....

    The other change I already mentioned, a Rosso Mugello car would look better w/ black or even silver calipers, you're clashing w/ the Rosso Corsa calipers. You're getting a lot of grey (stripes, wheels), then the black calipers would look good, the color Rosso Corsa for the calipers is coming out of left field. Don't want to come off snooty but trust me on this, once you've been on a lot of runs w/ your Ferrari and around Ferrari's all the time you're going to see my point. I understand you're not keeping the car but imho that's an even bigger reason for not getting the two different color reds. Trust me... But very happy for you, congrats! Can't wait for you to get your car!! Good luck!!!!!!!

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Congrats !

    I am a little lost about Rosso Mugello: I thought it was the new red which is supposed to be unavailable, and that its name was actually Rosso Mondial.



    Rosso mondial is the current Formula 1 colour, which seems not to be available for the road cars. Rosso mugello is a dark red, that reminds me of the old version of rosso corsa. Early Ferrari often have such a dark red. In Frankfurt there was a F430 in that colour.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Congrats !

    I am a little lost about Rosso Mugello: I thought it was the new red which is supposed to be unavailable, and that its name was actually Rosso Mondial.



    Rosso mondial is the current Formula 1 colour, which seems not to be available for the road cars. Rosso mugello is a dark red, that reminds me of the old version of rosso corsa. Early Ferrari often have such a dark red. In Frankfurt there was a F430 in that colour.



    The new F1 red will be available in some time (Ferrari has offered me the scuderia in this color, so it should come sooner or later available for everyone) The first car in that so called Rosso Mondial (the only one for Ferrari West Europe) will be delivered in Jan/08

    Re: 430 scud order

    nice one P! congratz

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Actually Nick tire pressure monitor it's a bad idea if you want to track a car.

    So if I would want to do that I will cut almost all options inluding the alcantara leather. You forgot that I've seen the car, both versions, stripped and leather. And frankly I don't like the mid center part without the radio. Same goes for the leather: I add it because I liked the car more with alcantara than without anything.



    does it actually work on track. i decided against it on my GT3 on the basis it does not add much value. hand held is just as good.

    Re: 430 scud order

    What I've heard from a friend is that the tire temperature goes so high that becomes out of range and the TPMS will start making annoying beeps.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Rossi: so you were there too in Frankfurt ... I don't know about you but I really liked that color!

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Rossi: so you were there too in Frankfurt ...



    Although, he spent most of the time at the Fiat booth (very attractive models there )...

    Re: 430 scud order

    Can we blame him?

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Can we blame him?



    Ahh, you have been there as well

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Congrats !

    I am a little lost about Rosso Mugello: I thought it was the new red which is supposed to be unavailable, and that its name was actually Rosso Mondial.



    Rosso mondial is the current Formula 1 colour, which seems not to be available for the road cars. Rosso mugello is a dark red, that reminds me of the old version of rosso corsa. Early Ferrari often have such a dark red. In Frankfurt there was a F430 in that colour.



    Thank you for the explanation.

    I could't find any picture of the Franfurt's F430 in Rosso Mugello (as most of the media understandably put their attention on the 430 Scuderia) but I guess it looks similarly to the Rosso Fiorano.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Can we blame him?



    Ahh, you have been there as well



    No you can't.

    Re: 430 scud order

    Do you guys mind posting a picture of what Rosso Mugello looks like? I've tried doing a search without luck.

    Re: 430 scud order

    I don't remember, help me here guys... the F430 that was in front of the light blue 430scud at Frankfurt was painted in Rosso Mugello?

    Re: 430 scud order

    Anyway, here are some pics of that car:

    Re: 430 scud order

    #1

    Re: 430 scud order

    #2

    Re: 430 scud order

    #3

    Re: 430 scud order

    ..

    Re: 430 scud order

    ...

    Re: 430 scud order

    ....

    Re: 430 scud order

    ......

    Re: 430 scud order

    Georges, do you have this pictures at a higher resolution? Send me a pers. message please.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    587795 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/22 4:41 PM
    Topspeed
    225555 1180
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 7/2/22 8:22 PM
    JoeRockhead
    116763 1058
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/2/22 7:50 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    111391 408
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    92069 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    32046 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    515448 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    430710 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    427580 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    391378 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    375505 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/28/22 3:43 PM
    Grant
    359879 3664
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    292058 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    139263 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/1/22 4:24 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138349 1411
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    112197 834
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    111845 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    109525 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 6/30/22 6:47 PM
    WhoopsyM
    96039 1716
    Porsche GT4RS 6/18/22 5:42 PM
    Grant
    87529 979
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    76991 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    75885 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    71666 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    62897 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 7/4/22 9:35 AM
    Ferdie
    56159 483
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    54950 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 5/19/22 11:01 PM
    Grant
    54875 721
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    50538 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    27428 640
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 7/4/22 5:40 PM
    Topspeed
    26543 997
    216 items found, displaying 1 to 30.