Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread



    Re: AM Rapide

    LOL, how low can you go!?
    btw those doors are pure s-e-x!

    Re: AM Rapide

    Well it's nicely styled. The interior looks comfortable. But those rear doors, oh my god. With the TV screen in the front headrests at least children and young adults will be entertained. If you intend to place any "full sized" adults in the rear, at least advise them to wear "comfortable" clothing.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Stunning interior, especially the Glassroof is just awesome!

    DB9 Front looks a bit to old for me, its a pity that they didnt make any more fashy, modern front!

    Re: AM Rapide

    Doesn't look like the rear seats are usable for anything larger dan 1.70... You can't even take a few super models!

    Re: AM Rapide

    It seems harder to get into the back than my A5 - and that's a coupé!

    Re: AM Rapide

    Absolutly stunning car. Probably the most beautiful limo/sedan I have ever seen.
    The Panamera will look like a POS nxt to this.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Stunning interior, especially the Glassroof is just awesome!

    DB9 Front looks a bit to old for me, its a pity that they didnt make any more fashy, modern front!



    The DB9 is actually 5 years old(cam out in 2003) so IMO it doesn't look as stunning any longer. The Rapide would have been fine like it is if they would have introduced it in 2005. But now a decade later it's not exciting at all and will neither have performance to match the M5 or Panamera. AM should have done something to the head and tail lights but I guess they are a little lost without the magician Henrik Frisker.

    I think that people will be much more excited over the Panamera and up coming Audi A7 which will be out in 2009.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Stunning interior, especially the Glassroof is just awesome!

    DB9 Front looks a bit to old for me, its a pity that they didnt make any more fashy, modern front!



    The DB9 is actually 5 years old(cam out in 2003) so IMO it doesn't look as stunning any longer. The Rapide would have been fine like it is if they would have introduced it in 2005. But now a decade later it's not exciting at all and will neither have performance to match the M5 or Panamera. AM should have done something to the head and tail lights but I guess they are a little lost without the magician Henrik Frisker.

    I think that people will be much more excited over the Panamera and up coming Audi A7 which will be out in 2009.



    Can you say RS7?

    Re: AM Rapide

    Did George drive a production version or pre-production Rapide?

    Here's a couple of spy pics of the Rapide caught testing:
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080117.001/aston-martin-rapide-caught-undisguised

    Re: AM Rapide

    rear

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Did George drive a production version or pre-production Rapide?





    NO. KF posted link to pretty old article: AUTO BILD 22/2006 - 07.06.2006

    Re: AM Rapide

    Strange, I am pretty sure those spy pics were taken at a Danish gas station. I wonder what a mule AM is doing up here??

    Re: AM Rapide

    That guy looks like a giant, i think the new BMW is going to rule the high end sedan market.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    racerx said:
    That guy looks like a giant, i think the new BMW is going to rule the high end sedan market.



    BMW will always lose sales to things like the Maser/Aston. Aston will be in this segment, slightly more upscale and exotic.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Stunning interior, especially the Glassroof is just awesome!

    DB9 Front looks a bit to old for me, its a pity that they didnt make any more fashy, modern front!



    The DB9 is actually 5 years old(cam out in 2003) so IMO it doesn't look as stunning any longer. The Rapide would have been fine like it is if they would have introduced it in 2005. But now a decade later it's not exciting at all and will neither have performance to match the M5 or Panamera. AM should have done something to the head and tail lights but I guess they are a little lost without the magician Henrik Frisker.

    I think that people will be much more excited over the Panamera and up coming Audi A7 which will be out in 2009.



    x2

    Re: AM Rapide

    Since when has Aston tried to compete with ultra high performance cars? You are missing the point, I bought my V8 Vantage roadster BECAUSE you can have fun driving it without breaking the law at every corner while sitting in the best interior south of $300k.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The DB9 is actually 5 years old(cam out in 2003) so IMO it doesn't look as stunning any longer. The Rapide would have been fine like it is if they would have introduced it in 2005. But now a decade later it's not exciting at all and will neither have performance to match the M5 or Panamera. AM should have done something to the head and tail lights but I guess they are a little lost without the magician Henrik Frisker.

    I think that people will be much more excited over the Panamera and up coming Audi A7 which will be out in 2009.

    Correct! In 2005 with 450HP it would be a great car. In 2010 I think this kind of cars should have more than 550 HP to be on the same level.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    turbosteff said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The DB9 is actually 5 years old(cam out in 2003) so IMO it doesn't look as stunning any longer. The Rapide would have been fine like it is if they would have introduced it in 2005. But now a decade later it's not exciting at all and will neither have performance to match the M5 or Panamera. AM should have done something to the head and tail lights but I guess they are a little lost without the magician Henrik Frisker.

    I think that people will be much more excited over the Panamera and up coming Audi A7 which will be out in 2009.

    Correct! In 2005 with 450HP it would be a great car. In 2010 I think this kind of cars should have more than 550 HP to be on the same level.



    400-500HP is already too much power for most people. Bragging rights is another thing. These days it is more about reducing weight than reveling in horsepower wars.

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Did George drive a production version or pre-production Rapide?





    NO. KF posted link to pretty old article: AUTO BILD 22/2006 - 07.06.2006



    i'm sorry. Maybe this is brandnew... DBS Convertible

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    i'm sorry. Maybe this is brandnew... DBS Convertible



    Thx for the link. I just don't get the DBS' looks, too much like a tuned-up DB9 for my tastes. But I have to admit the cab looks better than the coupé.


    Re: AM Rapide

    Next to this the Panamera (and every other "4-door coupe" for that matter) is going to look

    Re: AM Rapide

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Next to this the Panamera (and every other "4-door coupe" for that matter) is going to look


    The side view is the weakest angle IMO.It reminds me of the stretched limos that are popular in the USA. The front and rear are normal but the middle part is out of place and spoils a coherent design.

    Re: AM Rapide

    The Rapide is nothing new. It's the same concept as the Virage-based Lagondas from the mid 90s.

    IMHO we can definitely tell it's a stretched DB9, but I do think it's gorgeous.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    572990 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/23/22 1:43 PM
    Rossi
    222180 1179
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/22/22 5:17 PM
    nberry
    111798 978
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/1/22 7:14 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108085 405
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    89309 531
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    31409 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    511764 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    427242 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    424123 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    387776 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    364636 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/23/22 7:31 AM
    Porker
    347458 3548
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    289408 1587
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    137465 772
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/25/22 7:26 PM
    bluelines
    134670 1388
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    110723 209
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    109710 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    107505 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 5/19/22 5:11 PM
    Leawood911
    92541 1644
    Porsche GT4RS 5/20/22 8:12 AM
    d997h
    83714 938
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    75831 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    74763 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    70152 533
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    61628 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/4/22 7:10 AM
    GnilM
    54506 472
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 5/19/22 11:01 PM
    Grant
    53950 721
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    53933 592
    Others Corvette C8 11/8/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    49803 442
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    26519 640
    AMG AMG plotting new SLR with hybrid power for 2018 launch 2/22/22 2:34 PM
    Topspeed
    24150 275
    225 items found, displaying 1 to 30.