Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Changes on 07 Boxster S

Is anyone aware of changes in 07 other than the 3.4 mill? Colors? Options? Specs? Price? I just ordered one and have a hard time finding out a lot about the 2007.

Re: Changes on 07 Boxster S

I hear Cobalt Blue becomes a reg metallic color and Lapis becomes the special color. Read it elsewhere so take it with a grain of salt.

Of course, TPMS becomes std. $55,500 is what I see around ... I'm on the same boat: getting an 07 987S blue or meteor gray (or is it space gray? i confuse it with an e92 {BMW})

Quote:
    Christophorous said:
    I hear Cobalt Blue becomes a reg metallic color and Lapis becomes the special color. Read it elsewhere so take it with a grain of salt.

Confirmed by my Porsche dealer when I called in for a coffee and a chat the other day. It has been mentioned here that seal grey is being replaced by meteor grey, but I cannot confirm that. There is also a modification for access to oil / water filling in the rear boot by a separate flap, but not sure what the arrangement is. The other new option is the availability of the 997 turbo forged aluminium wheels. Don't know the price but I am sure they won't be cheap.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Confirmed by my Porsche dealer when I called in for a coffee and a chat the other day.

Be aware of huge collateral expenses when having a free coffee and a chat at your OPC

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Confirmed by my Porsche dealer when I called in for a coffee and a chat the other day.

Be aware of huge collateral expenses when having a free coffee and a chat at your OPC

Come in to my lair said the spider to the fly.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:

For the fly it's a once in a lifetime experience, some P-customers manage to survive the first encounter and return voluntarily

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:

For the fly it's a once in a lifetime experience, some P-customers manage to survive the first encounter and return voluntarily

This fly is normally safe, as I usually visit with Mrs Fly, a match for any spider, one sight normally sends them scuttling for cover as fast as all eight legs can carry them.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    This fly is normally safe, as I usually visit with Mrs Fly, a match for any spider, one sight normally sends them scuttling for cover as fast as all eight legs can carry them.

LoL we're way OT - what has all the spider talk to do with the Changes on 07 Boxster S

If the Cayman configurator is anything to go by, it looks like there's new 17" Boxster II wheels, PSE is available and Meteor replaces Seal.

Quote:
    GR said:
    If the Cayman configurator is anything to go by, it looks like there's new 17" Boxster II wheels, PSE is available and Meteor replaces Seal.

The 17" Boxster II wheels look the same to me. Strange though, PSE is only available with tiptronic

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    what has all the spider talk to do with the Changes on 07 Boxster S

I've got no idea.

Cayman wheels will be available on the 987 for about Pounds200 premium over the std 18s

seal grey dropped in a favour of meteor grey (slightly darker)

Wonder if they'll put the power socket back in the footwell ?

If you look at the web special on Porsche's website, you'll notice that in the picture of the front trunk it looks like they made a LOT more room up there. Can't tell if it's just a graphic or what though. It looks like they got rid of the boxed area where the CD changer and DVD player normally go. Perhaps they relocated things?

I heard somewhere else that TPMS is becoming standard in '07, but I have no idea if that's true.

Quote:
    eslai said:
    If you look at the web special on Porsche's website, you'll notice that in the picture of the front trunk it looks like they made a LOT more room up there. Can't tell if it's just a graphic or what though. It looks like they got rid of the boxed area where the CD changer and DVD player normally go. Perhaps they relocated things?

I heard somewhere else that TPMS is becoming standard in '07, but I have no idea if that's true.

I found a similar picture whilst flicking through the old 987S brochure (MY05/06). I just figured certain LHD markets don't get all the boxing in for the CD changer etc

Oh. Hmm...well that's odd.

Ordered 07 987S. Dealer has told me that TPMS is standard.

Based on my reading, US Government Regulations are requiring TPMS on most new 07 cars and all 08 cars

Quote:
    percymon said:
    ...I found a similar picture whilst flicking through the old 987S brochure (MY05/06). I just figured certain LHD markets don't get all the boxing in for the CD changer etc

If you do NOT Order PCM-navigation and/or CD changer you will not get the black boxes so the front trunk looks bigger then.

Quote:
    trk2005 said:
    Quote:
    percymon said:
    ...I found a similar picture whilst flicking through the old 987S brochure (MY05/06). I just figured certain LHD markets don't get all the boxing in for the CD changer etc

If you do NOT Order PCM-navigation and/or CD changer you will not get the black boxes so the front trunk looks bigger then.

maybe so in Gemrany but all cars in the UK are boxed in, even those without any form of audio upgrade

Yep, same here.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get my ride. November!!!

What options/color did you order? Ordering an 07 987S as well; from Carlsen.

Was set on Lapis Blue but they had to switch price tags with cobalt blue! Not too thrilled with that color. Might have to switch to Atlas Gray. With my luck they'll not offer that color :-(

Quote:
    Christophorous said:

Was set on Lapis Blue but they had to switch price tags with cobalt blue! Not too thrilled with that color. Might have to switch to Atlas Gray. With my luck they'll not offer that color :-(

Porsche have probably done you a favour. Lapis blue is an extremely soft paint compared to the other colours and as a consquence marks very easily. The used car buyer at my OPC told me he always marks down buy-in price for lapis cars as he knows that remedial work is almost always required to paintwork. Want a dark blue then go for midnight. Another tip from the same source, never go for the grey soft top. Becomes disfigured and unsightly very quickly.

My 99 is Lapis, and the only paint problems are not the fault of the paint, but either other cars rear-ending me or really nasty water dripping down in the garage in my office.

That being said, my new 07 is ordered (and built) in Midnight for a change. The Lapis has some really pretty purple shading in bright sunlight and after 7 years it's time for a change.

Re: Cobalt Blue

dreamcar: thanks for the tip!

My dealer also mentioned that the black top is the most durable.

I may just go with Cobalt with Metropol top. Need to see it in person though. Will stick to traditional (boring?) black interior

Re: Cobalt Blue

Quote:
    Christophorous said:
    dreamcar: thanks for the tip!

I may just go with Cobalt with Metropol top. Need to see it in person though. Will stick to traditional (boring?) black interior

I'd think about ocean (sea?) blue with cobalt, with maybe some aluminium highlights such as the roll bars and centre console to contrast with the all blue theme.

Quote:
    Christophorous said:

I went Atlas with Black, power heated seats, small carbon, sport chrono and shifter, bose, sport wheel (thin) and I am trying to get the new turbo wheels on the car.

Quote:
    X-TURBO said:
    Quote:
    Christophorous said:

I went Atlas with Black, power heated seats, small carbon, sport chrono and shifter, bose, sport wheel (thin) and I am trying to get the new turbo wheels on the car.

I also ordered PASM. I knew I forgot something. How bout you?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Christophorous said:

Confirmed by my Porsche dealer when I called in for a coffee and a chat the other day. It has been mentioned here that seal grey is being replaced by meteor grey, but I cannot confirm that. There is also a modification for access to oil / water filling in the rear boot by a separate flap, but not sure what the arrangement is. The other new option is the availability of the 997 turbo forged aluminium wheels. Don't know the price but I am sure they won't be cheap.

"...There is also a modification for access to oil / water filling in the rear boot by a separate flap, but not sure what the arrangement is."

i think they did that already, not sure, it was a recall they had or something.

Quote:
    X-TURBO said:

I also ordered PASM. I knew I forgot something. How bout you?

Still debating between Cobalt Blue & Atlas Gray, will get Preferred Package (PPA), Bi-Xenon, Sports Seats (P77) and Sport wheel also (435).

I'm also thinking of getting the 19" Carrera S wheels

Quote:
    Scotty A said:
    ... my new 07 is ordered (and built) in Midnight for a change. ...

What color interior are you getting with the Midnight Blue?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

690523 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 2/4/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    323296 1204
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/4/23 12:13 PM
    DJM48
    221835 1345
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206417 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187708 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/20/23 10:57 PM
    Pilot
    133110 58
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58497 68
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    484034 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 2/1/23 7:03 AM
    GnilM
    479784 3807
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    234359 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232326 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202321 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198460 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 2/4/23 3:54 PM
    cnc
    197375 2063
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    192644 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165209 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162224 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158330 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    144880 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 2/3/23 10:38 PM
    blueflame
    142652 526
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139688 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138712 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137173 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 2/4/23 1:10 AM
    WhoopsyM
    129743 1576
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108536 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107388 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105165 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80343 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32678 438
    Motor Sp. MotoGP 6/6/22 11:49 PM
    watt
    31756 328
    164 items found, displaying 1 to 30.