My 997S was in a small fender bender last summer (in which the passenger-side front quarter panel had been dented, requiring a new quarter panel), and my dealer recommended a body shop that had a reputation for being very good. When I picked up the car from the body shop, the new panel looked like a good match. The nitpicker in me thought that the new panel was a little less glossy looking compared to its counterpart on the driver's side, but it wasn't that big of a deal (I could notice the glossiness difference only under certain light, like flourescent light).

Over the months, however, I thought that the new panel was a shade darker than the adjacent door panel, but I always dismissed the difference as being just my imagination. Indeed, in some light, at certain angles, the color/tint match seemed to be good. However, over time, I have come to conclude that it's not my imagination, and there, in fact, is a difference in color or tint (even though the body shop used OEM paint). While I understand that light reflects differently off of different planes, the difference I'm seeing isn't replicated on the other side of the car (i.e., between the door panel and front quarter-panel on the driver's side).

As a result, I'm having the body shop look at their work next week, but I'm not sure how much I trust them.

That was all a long preamble to this question: What is, hands down, the best body shop in Houston? I have a feeling my body shop is going to tell me that there is no difference. Of course, they have a financial incentive to say this. I want to take my car to a place that will give me the unvarnished truth and, if need be, rectify the situation.

Many thanks in advance for your help.