Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Autocar 0-100-0




    Big Guns

    Lamborghini Gallardo:
    0-30mph: 1.71mph
    0-60mph: 4.13secs
    0-100mph: 9.02secs
    Reaction time: 0.31secs
    100-0mph: 4.32secs
    Overall: 13.65secs

    Lamborghini Murcielago:
    0-30mph: 1.80mph
    0-60mph: 4.00secs
    0-100mph: 9.00secs
    Reaction time: 0.49secs
    100-0mph: 4.41secs
    Overall: 13.90secs

    Mercedes CL65 AMG:
    0-30mph: 2.22mph
    0-60mph: 4.51secs
    0-100mph: 9.02secs
    Reaction time: 0.32secs
    100-0mph: 4.67secs
    Overall: 14.01secs

    Aston Martin DB9:
    0-30mph: 2.09mph
    0-60mph: 5.05secs
    0-100mph: 10.21secs
    Reaction time: 0.28secs
    100-0mph: 4.42secs
    Overall: 14.91secs



    The Supercars

    Ferrari Enzo:
    0-30mph: 1.79mph
    0-60mph: 3.52secs
    0-100mph: 6.69secs
    Reaction time: 0.21secs
    100-0mph: 4.08secs
    Overall: 10.98secs

    Porsche Carrera GT:
    0-30mph: 1.63mph
    0-60mph: 3.72secs
    0-100mph: 7.31secs
    Reaction time: 0.22secs
    100-0mph: 4.10secs
    Overall: 11.63secs

    Pagini Zonda C12S:
    0-30mph: 1.84mph
    0-60mph: 3.74secs
    0-100mph: 7.52secs
    Reaction time: 0.27secs
    100-0mph: 4.05secs
    Overall: 11.84secs

    Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren:
    0-30mph: 1.71mph
    0-60mph: 3.82secs
    0-100mph: 7.70secs
    Reaction time: 0.21secs
    100-0mph: 4.10secs
    Overall: 12.13secs






    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Nicely done Ferrari.


    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    I can't say I'm happy about the SLR's performance I'd have though it would at least beaten the Zonda. Enzo well what did you expect? The CGT, hmm, slightly questionable, but the thing that worries me most is what a Zonda with 700bhp would do to ALL these cars.

    As for the big guns, well the Gallardo is surprisingly quick, levelling the CL65, on 9 seconds to 100mph, and the Murcie a bit disappointing, it couldn't beat the CL65 to the ton! At least not badly to 100mph, liek it should have done for its specs.

    DB9, well not a fan, but 10.2 to the ton isn't bad at all, but an SLK55 will beat it to 60mph though


    Last thing, CF if the CGT is not living up to your high expectations then why not revise your supercar order? Perhaps 3 other cars? SL65, Gallardo, and 420M?

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Disappointing:
    Mercedes SLR
    Murcielago
    Carrera GT

    In Time:
    DB9
    Mercedes CL65

    Well done:
    Ferrari Enzo
    Zonda C12
    Gallardo

    J.Seven

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Hi all

    You may be dissapointed at the CGT performance, but this is mainly a Porsche addicts forum, so our expectantions were really high. I knew from a start that the Enzo would be faster in a test like this. Honestly, i thought that the CGT would very slighty better, around 7.00 or so (0-100), but once again, please realise that the Zonda is just a bit slower, but is totally disgraced around Nurburgring.

    Keep your hopes up.
    A test like this doesn't mean much nowadays.

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Some other figures from the autocar article.. (including the ones above to put them in order)

    Caterham R500 Evo: 6.92 / 10.73 (0-100, 0-100-0)
    Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 5.03 / 10.89
    Enzo: 6.69 / 10.98
    Ford Focus Rally Cross: 4.74 / 11.10
    CGT: 7.31 / 11.63
    Zonda S: 7.52 / 11.84
    Ruf CTR: 6.71 / 11.85 (16 years old! if only it had brakes!)
    SLR: 7.70 / 12.13
    Ruf R Turbo: 8.50 / 13.10
    911 GT3: 9.20 / 13.46
    Gallardo: 9.02 / 13.65
    Murchielago: 9.00 / 13.90
    TVR T350 T: 9.95 / 14.00
    CL65: 9.02 / 14.01
    DB9: 10.21 / 14.91
    M3 CSL: 10.82 / 15.25
    NSX Type R: 11.41 / 16.20
    Boxster S: 13.00 / 17.65
    Alfa 147 GTA: 14.10 / 18.76
    Civic Type R: 16.02 / 20.93

    Note that the Enzo had a 0.01 second faster reaction time than the CGT, so the driver was obviously trying harder in the Enzo!!

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    0-100mph Suzuki GSX-R 1000 in 5.03? half the time of a sequential tranny M3 CSL?
    my hat off the the rider in the test, cause thats just an incredible launch if stock, takes some big "cojones" not to flip it

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    I noticed that the photos which have the Enzo/CGT/SLR/Zonda in look fake.. and the small photo of all the cars together you cant see those 4, so I dont think they were tested on the same day.

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    CF said:



    Porsche Carrera GT:
    0-30mph: 1.63mph
    0-60mph: 3.72secs
    0-100mph: 7.31secs
    Reaction time: 0.22secs
    100-0mph: 4.10secs
    Overall: 11.63secs






    Maybe the CGT test driver was not used to the low-inertia characteristics of the engine, and failed to get a good launch?

    After what I've learned through conversations with several CGT pilots, I'd speculate that one has to be fairly familiar with the CGT's launch feel to get good times. More so than with other cars with more engine inertia. Higher rotary inertia can negate small mistakes in coordinating gas and clutch application.

    The difference in drivetrain repsonse between the CGT and almost all other cars can be a disadvantge in this kind of fast learning-curve test using unpracticed pilots, yet be quite rewarding in long-term use by actual owners.

    AutoWeek got 7.06 0-100 mph and some other testers at the same event in Italy got 6.8 seconds for 0-100.



    The 6.8 result came from a VBOX (Racelogic) GPS-based measurement system, while AutoWeek used a Correvit (Corrsys-Datron) optical-correlation sensor.

    Here's a shot of the Correvit in action by AutoWeek:


    Does anyone know which kind of measurement technology was used in this Autocar comparison? Was it the same sensor package in all cases, and if the same driver was used for each car?

    Sensor systems matter because they can all be set for different "roll-out" characteristics. If one were to use different roll-outs for different cars, this would invalidate any close comparisons.

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    some other testers at the same event in Italy got 6.8 seconds for 0-100.



    Which magazine was that?

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:

    Which magazine was that?



    probably cristopherus!

    just kidding guys!!!

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    CF said:
    Which magazine was that?



    I reported in this previous post.

    I'm now pretty certain that the 12.2 1/4 mile time was really supposed to be 11.2 instead. Either the reporter quoted it to me incorrectly, or I mis-copied it in my notes.

    The magazine should be in print in a few more days and we'll see how the test article reads in final form.

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    Martin Tyler said:
    Some other figures from the autocar article.. (including the ones above to put them in order)

    Caterham R500 Evo: 6.92 / 10.73 (0-100, 0-100-0)
    Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 5.03 / 10.89
    Enzo: 6.69 / 10.98
    Ford Focus Rally Cross: 4.74 / 11.10
    CGT: 7.31 / 11.63
    Zonda S: 7.52 / 11.84
    Ruf CTR: 6.71 / 11.85 (16 years old! if only it had brakes!)
    SLR: 7.70 / 12.13
    Ruf R Turbo: 8.50 / 13.10
    911 GT3: 9.20 / 13.46
    Gallardo: 9.02 / 13.65
    Murchielago: 9.00 / 13.90
    TVR T350 T: 9.95 / 14.00
    CL65: 9.02 / 14.01
    DB9: 10.21 / 14.91
    M3 CSL: 10.82 / 15.25
    NSX Type R: 11.41 / 16.20
    Boxster S: 13.00 / 17.65
    Alfa 147 GTA: 14.10 / 18.76
    Civic Type R: 16.02 / 20.93

    Note that the Enzo had a 0.01 second faster reaction time than the CGT, so the driver was obviously trying harder in the Enzo!!



    The Caterham is the fastest of the 2 or 4-wheeled vehicles 0-100-0 and one of the least expensive too. I drove one recently (not a 500R, but it was 225hp and 1,200 lbs) and it's quite an experience for a road-legal car. Much faster than a GT3 around the track here (for less than 1/2 the price)...

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    I noticed 360CS was a "no show"

    Just rationalizing my decision to cancel the 360Cs and
    buy the Gallardo I guess?

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    In Antwort auf:
    CF said:
    Ferrari Enzo:
    0-30mph: 1.79mph
    0-60mph: 3.52secs
    0-100mph: 6.69secs
    Reaction time: 0.21secs
    100-0mph: 4.08secs
    Overall: 10.98secs

    Porsche Carrera GT:
    0-30mph: 1.63mph
    0-60mph: 3.72secs
    0-100mph: 7.31secs
    Reaction time: 0.22secs
    100-0mph: 4.10secs
    Overall: 11.63secs




    Now that's for all you disbelievers out there saying, the Enzo can't keep the pace! Shame on you, get down on your knees and do penance for your blasphemy!


    (But CGT is still the better looking car ).

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    Grant said:
    The Caterham is the fastest of the 2 or 4-wheeled vehicles 0-100-0 and one of the least expensive too. I drove one recently (not a 500R, but it was 225hp and 1,200 lbs) and it's quite an experience for a road-legal car. Much faster than a GT3 around the track here (for less than 1/2 the price)...



    It's amazing that Colin Chapman's design (albeit heavily updated), even today, is still the one of the premier examples of lightweight performance. As relatively simple cars, I'd be curious to see how they do in endurance races.

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    Justin said:
    It's amazing that Colin Chapman's design (albeit heavily updated), even today, is still the one of the premier examples of lightweight performance.



    The solutions and advances that guy came up with in racing was incredible, from venturi tunnels to fully active suspensions. IMO one of the two greatest, more ahead of its time, minds the industry has seen, and you can guess who the other one is (Hint: its not Enzo)

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    Justin said:
    It's amazing that Colin Chapman's design (albeit heavily updated), even today, is still the one of the premier examples of lightweight performance.



    The solutions and advances that guy came up with in racing was incredible, from venturi tunnels to fully active suspensions. IMO one of the two greatest, more ahead of its time, minds the industry has seen, and you can guess who the other one is (Hint: its not Enzo)



    I guess you must mean Chris Bangle!

    He's keeping people from buying BMW's, leaving more room on the road for Porsches!

    fritz

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    0-100mph Suzuki GSX-R 1000 in 5.03? half the time of a sequential tranny M3 CSL?
    my hat off the the rider in the test, cause thats just an incredible launch if stock, takes some big "cojones" not to flip it



    Carlos,

    Not speaking Spanish, I couldn't possibly know what big "cojones" are.

    Whatever they are, they must be pretty heavy to keep that front wheel on the ground.

    Could they be a symptom of the genetic defect mentioned in another thread?

    fritz

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Could they be a symptom of the genetic defect mentioned in another thread?
    fritz



    You know, I think we may be onto something here, an increase in eyesight may be the next cardenal sign, those who can't read this from up close don't have the gene mutation... and other things as well

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Loving the porsche

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    To put things in perspective, Autocar included a Jaguar R3 F1 car in their 0-100-0 test in sept 2002. The same car that Eddie Irvine finished 3rd at Monza with that year. The car was driven by Jaguar test driver Andre Lotterer in the test.

    Here are the (amazing) numbers:

    Jaguar R3:
    0-30mph: 1.50 sec.
    0-60mph: 2.71 sec.
    0-100mph: 4.02 sec.
    Reaction time: 0.20 sec.
    100-0mph: 1.68 sec, pulling 2.5g
    Overall: 5.90 sec.

    What impresses me the most, besides the braking, is that 60-100mph only takes 1.31 sec.

    T

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    The 6.8 result came from a VBOX (Racelogic) GPS-based measurement system, while AutoWeek used a Correvit (Corrsys-Datron) optical-correlation sensor.

    Does anyone know which kind of measurement technology was used in this Autocar comparison? Was it the same sensor package in all cases, and if the same driver was used for each car?





    Autocar used the V-Box data logging system in the 2002-test, I haven't recieved the latest issue yet, but I suspect that they used the same system there.

    T

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    CF said:

    Porsche Carrera GT:
    0-30mph: 1.63mph
    0-60mph: 3.72secs
    0-100mph: 7.31secs
    Reaction time: 0.22secs
    100-0mph: 4.10secs
    Overall: 11.63secs




    Here are the figures for the 911 Turbo with power kit from the 2002 test for comparison:

    911 Turbo w/power kit:
    0-30mph: 1.58 sec.
    0-60mph: 3.79 sec.
    0-100mph: 8.43 sec.
    Reaction time: 0.31 sec.
    100-0mph: 4.28 sec.
    Overall: 13.02 sec.

    T

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    You know, I think we may be onto something here, an increase in eyesight may be the next cardenal sign, those who can't read this from up close don't have the gene mutation... and other things as well



    Carlos, I have a 175% eye sight vision sharpness (no kidding). What does this mean? Oh well...

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Interesting figures (TT with power kit). They confirm that the X50 accelerates quicker than the gallardo

    Re: Autocar 0-100-0

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Interesting figures (TT with power kit). They confirm that the X50 accelerates quicker than the gallardo



    SPORT AUTO tested the Gallardo at 8.4 seconds from 0-100 mph. Comparison: the "old" 996 GT2 (MK I) does 0-100 mph in 8.2 seconds. What really disappoints me is the Murcielago, the old Diablo GT did 0-100 mph in 8.7 seconds and the Gallardo seems to be faster from 0-100 mph.

    More figures for comparison (0-100 mph acceleration):

    Mercedes SL55: 9.4 sec
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo : 12.5 sec
    BMW M3 CSL: 10.8 sec
    BMW M3: 11.4 sec
    Mercedes SLK 32 AMG: 11.0 sec
    Porsche GT3 RS: 8.8 sec
    Porsche GT3 MKII: 9.7 sec
    Porsche GT3 MK I: 10.2 sec
    Audi RS6: 11.3 sec
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale: 9.7 sec
    Ferrari 360 Modena: 10.5 sec
    VW Golf R32: 16.6 sec
    Honda S2000: 14.8 sec
    Honda NSX-R: 11.2 sec
    BMW 645i: 12.4 sec
    Mercedes ML 55 AMG : 16.9 sec

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    629689 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    389506 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 7/4/21 12:06 PM
    nberry
    91572 1094
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/28/21 4:07 PM
    pgouveia
    49468 354
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    37436 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34919 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/2/21 4:14 PM
    lexs4
    21731 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5755 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    447855 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    373833 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 6/22/21 5:42 PM
    Topspeed
    373442 3917
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    336303 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    312779 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    282857 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    239509 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    163666 1379
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/31/21 11:32 PM
    bvineyards
    150207 2840
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    139628 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    113318 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/30/21 4:07 PM
    WhoopsyM
    96736 735
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM
    BjoernB
    80163 1221
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    78586 209
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    67380 824
    Lambo Aventador and SV 7/10/21 1:17 AM
    4trac
    67163 697
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    64574 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    46738 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 7/22/21 6:55 PM
    Topspeed
    38435 480
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    35217 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    35197 615
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 7/31/21 9:40 PM
    Gladstone
    30010 1117
    269 items found, displaying 1 to 30.