Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Walker's daughter sues Porsche over the CGT crash

So apparently Meadow Walker is going to continue her lawsuit against Porsche despite the court victory. Jesus.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/paul-walkers-daughter-meadow-continue-lawsuit-porsche/story?id=38197750

[rolls eyes]

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

Well, the attorneys of the Rodas and Walker families want to get some money from Porsche. I get it, I really do but the Carrera GT is not a dangerous car (not more dangerous than any GT500 driving around in massive numbers and this car even has ESP...), the lack of ESP means nothing, you can't beat the laws of physics with ESP and it is no secret that it requires a good driver to handle any high powered sports car (at the time the Carrera GT came out, it was actually considered a hypercar).

I pity Porsche for having to deal with this crap but I also think that I understand the reasons behind this lawsuit, so I cannot blame the relatives/families of the deceased. I rather think that they have been ill-advised by their attorneys or the attorneys are just taking a shot to see if they succeed or not, I don't know.

The fact alone that the tires were nine years old should remind the families of the negligence of Rodas, sorry to say that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    nberry:

I have a rule. I don't give hot rides nor do I want to be a passenger for a hot ride. The same rule regarding airplanes. Several times attorney's offered to fly me to a deposition using their plane which they would pilot. I politely declined.enlightened

Smiley I also do not show off when I have other persons in the car. I once tried to impress my father in law and almost gave him a heart attack. My wife yelled at me for two consecutive days, I learned my lesson. This was over 20 years ago...don't worry.

Took the son (15) of a wife's friend for a ride in the GT500 last year and I had to listen to a complaint that he (the son) wasn't too impressed. What did my wife's friend expect? That I go sideways with her son on a public road? Smiley I am very careful when I have passengers in the car, especially when I drive the GT500 (which is a dangerous car, believe it or not).

I am also a very bad co-passenger, even with professional drivers. The last one was Lars Kern (Porsche test driver) and I know how good he is but he is young and he wanted to impress me, so I cannot say I really felt comfortable. Smiley

Flying in a private plane with someone? NEVER!

CR (my RT buddy) owns a helicopter and even offered me a free piloting lesson as a birthday gift once but I respectfully declined. Not my thing, sorry. Smiley

I am so happy my wife hates to drive and really enjoys to be driven (especially by me, she trusts me completely). One of her friends owns a Porsche and never lets her boyfriend drive, which must be very frustrating (for him). I couldn't be with a woman who wants to drive herself, this would be a huge problem for me because I want to drive. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Plus 100 to the above. I remember I agreed to ride pillion on a motorcycle. I tell you that was the first and the last time I would do that, he just showed me his stuff in a total nutty way. I love bikes and have had superbikes but no more on the back for me. Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

You're all a bunch of sissies...

angryindecision

RC:
    This is something I just don't get: Rodas was a driving professional. There is nothing more important than tires (and maybe brakes). I don't understand how he would drive around with 9 years old tires, this just doesn't make sense. I get it, they are expensive but if you cannot afford the tires, just sell the damn car. Smiley

All speculation on my part, but many CGTs are garage queens which can perhaps contribute to an owner neglecting to change tires frequently. And maybe also some overconfidence since he was a driving professional (who cares how old the tires are, I can control the car because of my skill).  Anyway, sad story.

I have tried to press with my finger some heat cycled R-comps that have been lying around in garages for a few years...hard as a rock.

pierre:

You're all a bunch of sissies...

angryindecision

I know. Smiley

Had a chance to do a tandem jump with one of these guys in Florida two weeks or so ago (the actual paratrooper I was offered to jump with was a Ranger, a once in a lifetime opportunity to jump with a SOCOM member) and I respectfully declined, so did my wife. The son of one of our friends started skydiving at age 15...to each his own I guess but this isn't really my thing. I'm more into cars and boats. Smiley

1460102541374DSC09152.jpg

--

Not to conjure up sad memories, but we have had a Rennteam forum member and his passenger die giving a ride on a racetrack after a series of unfortunate circumstances.  Ben was a great guy and several of us knew him personally in real-life as well.  

So I think that is why some may be more cautious about this than others.  

That said, I feel pretty safe sitting passenger with a professional driving on a race track, but in those instances the driver is usually only going 8-9/10ths as well.  

vantagesc:

Not to conjure up sad memories, but we have had a Rennteam forum member and his passenger die giving a ride on a racetrack after a series of unfortunate circumstances.  Ben was a great guy and several of us knew him personally in real-life as well.  

That said, I feel pretty safe sitting passenger with a professional driving on a race track, but in those instances the driver is usually only going 8-9/10ths as well.  

I agree about riding with a race driver on a track with other professional drivers. I rode with Hurley Haywood and Dave Murray. White knuckle rides but a blast.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

race buckets with 6 point seatbelt and helmets certainly will make one feel safer than just a 3 point on the street.

--

Whoopsy:

race buckets with 6 point seatbelt and helmets certainly will make one feel safer than just a 3 point on the street.

While 3 point belts are certified for use at Whole Foods, I don't think they got the Obama memo about 6pt belts and helmets for use in their parking lots yet.

rulesdontapply:

So apparently Meadow Walker is going to continue her lawsuit against Porsche despite the court victory. Jesus.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/paul-walkers-daughter-meadow-continue-lawsuit-porsche/story?id=38197750

Disgusting!! These Lawer scum are just taking advantage of the daughter.. She just won 10 mil from the idiot driver.. those leeches are going to try to continue to sue everyone until the daughter can say enough is enough. Pathetic job for some.. to sue Porsche is just insane, low and quite frankly really stupid. They will continue to lose and hopefully the daughter will put a stop to the madness and try to move on with her life, as hard as that will be, but this lawsuit BS certainly doesn't help. 

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Atzporsche:
    rulesdontapply:

Disgusting!! These Lawer scum are just taking advantage of the daughter.. She just won 10 mil from the idiot driver.. those leeches are going to try to continue to sue everyone until the daughter can say enough is enough. Pathetic job for some.. to sue Porsche is just insane, low and quite frankly really stupid. They will continue to lose and hopefully the daughter will put a stop to the madness and try to move on with her life, as hard as that will be, but this lawsuit BS certainly doesn't help. 

Lawyers (and those they represent) always go after the deepest pockets not the most wrong.

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

nberry:
    vantagesc:

I agree about riding with a race driver on a track with other professional drivers. I rode with Hurley Haywood and Dave Murray. White knuckle rides but a blast.Smiley

I have a trick to impress test drivers and professional drivers: Instead of clinging to something with your hand/arm, so the driver can actually see it, you have to press your feet to the ground in a way that you push yourself strongly into the seat. The driver won't notice it and will be impressed how you "take" it. Smiley Only downside: Some drivers tend to try harder to impress you when they notice no reaction, so this can be counter-productive. Don't ask how I know. Smiley Smiley

--

Mithras:
    Atzporsche:
    rulesdontapply:

Lawyers (and those they represent) always go after the deepest pockets not the most wrong.

And in this instance, it would appear, without too much regard for the best interests of their clients. 

--

fritz

RC:
    nberry:
    vantagesc:

I have a trick to impress test drivers and professional drivers: Instead of clinging to something with your hand/arm, so the driver can actually see it, you have to press your feet to the ground in a way that you push yourself strongly into the seat. The driver won't notice it and will be impressed how you "take" it. Smiley Only downside: Some drivers tend to try harder to impress you when they notice no reaction, so this can be counter-productive. Don't ask how I know. Smiley Smiley

Christian Hurley was racing Dave Murray around Road Atlanta. It's a big track with speeds up to 150mph. They both were in 911's. As a passenger he told me he was disengaging the stability system. My feet were planted but I still had to hold on. The speeds they were entering some of the turns were incredible since they were side by side when the entered the turns. For those who think they can drive, a ride with either one of these drivers will disabuse of the notion you are a good driver. They are phenomenal. Smiley I liked it so much I prevailed about Dave Murray to let me ride with him when he was racing another factory driver.Smiley

Walkers daughter collected over 10 million from the drivers estate. Not too bad.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

Consider the driver was 100% at fault, 10mil is already a bargain.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot

492520 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 11/8/21 7:43 PM
    Leawood911
    181160 1154
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/12/21 10:01 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    71765 383
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/25/21 6:30 PM
    watt
    67321 686
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 11/19/21 6:44 AM
    bluelines
    53306 529
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    49115 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13461 29
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/18/21 3:28 PM
    RCA
    535 0
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    474311 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    390082 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/25/21 12:31 AM
    WhoopsyM
    386289 3949
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    351755 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    321210 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 12/2/21 3:02 AM
    Grant
    278956 3126
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    254886 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    169402 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    120098 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    104536 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 12/2/21 11:59 AM