Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    The Vantage N400 includes a number of technical improvements as well as enhancements to its standard range of color and trim specifications. These include a power upgrade to the 4.3L V8 engine, lifting peak power to 400hp and peak torque to 420Nm . It also comes with a sports pack consisting of lightweight graphite-finished aluminum wheels, up-rated springs and dampers and a new rear anti-roll bar. There also a revised side sill design, new bonnet and side strake meshes, clear rear lamp lenses and a bright finish grille. Inside, the car picks up satnav, Bluetooth and heated seats.

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Looks awsome!

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Now they just need to bring it into a roadster

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Nice wheels! Don't like the rear lights though. JCParki, maybe you can trade yours in for this to get around the battery issues.

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    The Vantage N400 includes a number of technical improvements as well as enhancements to its standard range of color and trim specifications. These include a power upgrade to the 4.3L V8 engine, lifting peak power to 400hp and peak torque to 420Nm . It also comes with a sports pack consisting of lightweight graphite-finished aluminum wheels, up-rated springs and dampers and a new rear anti-roll bar. There also a revised side sill design, new bonnet and side strake meshes, clear rear lamp lenses and a bright finish grille. Inside, the car picks up satnav, Bluetooth and heated seats.



    I like it a lot. And more important:"Aston Martin develops and tests all of its road cars extensively on the Nϋrburgring Nordschleife circuit and the Vantage N400 recently broke the eight minute benchmark around the legendary 14-mile circuit."

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    The Vantage N400 includes a number of technical improvements as well as enhancements to its standard range of color and trim specifications. These include a power upgrade to the 4.3L V8 engine, lifting peak power to 400hp and peak torque to 420Nm . It also comes with a sports pack consisting of lightweight graphite-finished aluminum wheels, up-rated springs and dampers and a new rear anti-roll bar. There also a revised side sill design, new bonnet and side strake meshes, clear rear lamp lenses and a bright finish grille. Inside, the car picks up satnav, Bluetooth and heated seats.



    I like it a lot. And more important:"Aston Martin develops and tests all of its road cars extensively on the Nϋrburgring Nordschleife circuit and the Vantage N400 recently broke the eight minute benchmark around the legendary 14-mile circuit."



    Kreso,

    Does not the standard V8 Vantage in the SA Supertest (not the Prodrive) already laped the NBR faster than the R8 (by 1s, 8.03 vs 8.04), both on cup tires ?

    It is quite an achievement given the deficience in power (381 vs 420 BHP) and in layout (front-engined vs rear-engined).

    I fully trust the SA Supertest times but nevertheless I was quite surprised.
    I would be interested in your input on this ?

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Ziggy,
    I recently had a chance to drive V8 Vantage and to my huge supriese I like it a lot. If offers amazing traction and stability... It just feels right for me. Excellent chassis setup(standard one) is a key for that excellent Ring time(8.03min). Weight distributon is 49/51 and with just enough power is another key element for track like the Ring.
    N400 version time is 7.57min(!) and that is amazing achivement IMHO. Honestly, I am thinking hard about N400...

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Ziggy,
    I recently had a chance to drive V8 Vantage and to my huge supriese I like it a lot. If offers amazing traction and stability... It just feels right for me. Excellent chassis setup(standard one) is a key for that excellent Ring time(8.03min). Weight distributon is 49/51 and with just enough power is another key element for track like the Ring.
    N400 version time is 7.57min(!) and that is amazing achivement IMHO. Honestly, I am thinking hard about N400...



    7:57 would be indeed amazing ! The only thing still missing are the ceramic brakes, otherwise through the regular enhancements it becomes more and more desirable.

    Besides it even looks better in coupe form than the spider, whose wheelbase looks slightly too short IMHO.

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Now they just need to bring it into a roadster



    They do:
    "The Vantage N400 will be available in three new exterior colours; Bergwerk Black, Lightning Silver or Karussell Orange, with either Sportshift automated manual or conventional manual transmission and in either Coupe or Roadster forms."

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Ziggy,
    I recently had a chance to drive V8 Vantage and to my huge supriese I like it a lot. If offers amazing traction and stability... It just feels right for me. Excellent chassis setup(standard one) is a key for that excellent Ring time(8.03min). Weight distributon is 49/51 and with just enough power is another key element for track like the Ring.
    N400 version time is 7.57min(!) and that is amazing achivement IMHO. Honestly, I am thinking hard about N400...



    Kreso,

    I feel the same way, indeed when I test drove one while ago I really enjoyed it. Although some people complain about its handling and steering feed back, I personally thought the handling and steering feed back was excellent.

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    What the standard car lacks is the low end power and torque for normal road driving. Otherwise it is an absolutely fantastic car! I wonder if the N400 fixes that issue?

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    well it depends if they have moved down the torque peak.
    Values relative to the standard car are not that different (+20bhp +10 Nm of torque).
    All will depend on where this torque is available in terms or revs

    Re: Aston Vantage N400 @ Frankfurt

    Price over the regular ones in the US?

    UK seems to be over 15% premium, but it includes some interior goodies...

    New DB9 too!

    Looks like Pounds92k for the coupe.. but with sat nav, amonght other things, std.

    480 cars produced - half coupes, half roadsters...

    >>Car Magazine Link<<

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Numbering/naming scheme as per the article seems a bit hokey pokey and childish.

    Great cars though, Aston really listed to what owners wanted with their V8 vantages, and delivered.

    DB9 seems like a purely cosmetic revision of a Sports pack db9

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Aston factory commisions an external agency to call every Aston buyer after delivery. Can be a bit annoying as it goes for half an hour, but great for factory feedback. I guess their volume is small enough to be doing this. So Moogle you gonna get this instead?

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Quote:
    WAY said:
    Aston factory commisions an external agency to call every Aston buyer after delivery. Can be a bit annoying as it goes for half an hour, but great for factory feedback. I guess their volume is small enough to be doing this. So Moogle you gonna get this instead?



    Maybe, I hope they announce pricing soon.

    My car will be around 128kUSD with 5k discount. I'm willing to go up to 150 for this new car (maybe with a 1000USD discount). not a penny more though.

    As the car gets more expensive, It becomes less 'tossable' which is a terrible way to say that I want to drive it everyday without worrying too much about where I leave it,etc.

    Re: New DB9 too!

    When will the N400 available for customers ??

    Thanks

    Blueflame


    Re: New DB9 too!

    Is there a spy pic of the N400 ???????

    Thanks

    Blueflame

    Re: New DB9 too!


    Re: New DB9 too!

    Thanks

    Blueflame

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Heard from AMOC that it will be a very limited run in Q1 2008. Pricing is around 94000 GBP, which equates to about a 5k GBP premium over a similar optioned non N400 car.

    This will equate to an approximate 10k USD premium over the standard car when it hits the USA.

    There will be 240 Roadsters and 240 coupes worldwide and thats IT.

    Best,
    Tom

    Re: New DB9 too!






    Re: New DB9 too!

    I want one ..............

    Thanks for the pics

    Blueflame

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Not correct. Bez said 124 pieces will be built.

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Fugly color, are these the same wheels as the DB9 sportpack?

    Another angle.

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Yes.

    Re: New DB9 too!

    What's the price for germany incl. Mwst./Tax ?

    Thanks

    Blueflame

    Re: New DB9 too!

    Quote:
    blueflame said:
    What's the price for germany incl. Mwst./Tax ?

    Thanks

    Blueflame



    As I said, it will be approx 94000GBP in the UK, so it should be easy to extrapolate an approximate price in Germany

    Much better than the overpriced BS special editions that Porsche comes out with that nobody asked for.

    I'm very glad that Aston has apparently listened to their customers and come out with another great car.

    Let's just hope that dealer's won't charge an additional premium... they should be smart enough to know that there probably isnt too much room for that given all the 07V8s that are sitting unsold.

    Here is another pic of the interior. Note the centre fascia is NOT carbon but spun aluminum


     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    748190 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt
     
     
     
     
     
    451527 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 9/23/21 1:19 AM
    watt
    166688 1104
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/17/21 8:59 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    65527 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/22/21 6:38 PM
    Pilot
    54354 521
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    46503 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    42968 380
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    12002 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    465248 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    384907 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    381362 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    347385 3252
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    337648 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    317060 2646
    Porsche 992 GT3 9/17/21 4:41 PM
    lexs4
    262631 2975
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/23/21 7:14 AM
    BjoernB
    250064 1570
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    167485 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    143259 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    117994 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    101901 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM
    BjoernB
    92253 1221
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82029 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    71357 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    71182 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    50600 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 9/14/21 1:11 PM
    BjoernB
    47183 1165
    Others Bugatti Chiron 7/22/21 6:55 PM
    Topspeed
    41932 480
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    39717 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    38493 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30423 394
    269 items found, displaying 1 to 30.