Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Here you go (courtesy of big bad wolfie on www.bm3w.co.uk):

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    2.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    3.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    4.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    5.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    6.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    7.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    For some reason when I attached the scans, the forum has resized them so the text isn't that legible. I have the original files if someone can host (about 1MB in total)

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Great, thanks very much, are they available at the dealers yet?

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Yep. Although I think that they are meant to be embargoed until tomorrow.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    For some reason when I attached the scans, the forum has resized them so the text isn't that legible. I have the original files if someone can host (about 1MB in total)



    if you save them on the computer you can see the original size

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    send them to me ill post the link ASAP
    outlaw_hawk@hotmail.com

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Outlaw_Hawk - thanks for the offer but there is no need. As Captain Bady has just said, if you click on the Attachment link above each picture you get to see it in full size.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Thanks for the info - So that is the reason for widebody: wider wheels and tyres. Interesting that a 4WD needs wider rear wheels than a 2WD... or could it be a 'design' decision from the marketing guys which is justified with wider wheels

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Are you sure you can trust this source?
    I would be pretty amazed if there were so little differences between the 4S and the 2S.
    I can't even see a difference in width, can you guys?

    And like the 996, the rearlights should be slightly different to fit the widebody ass, no?

    I'll wait for the official pictures.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Isn't it strange that those new C4's have the same performance figures as the C2's? As far as I know the 4's have always been slower than the 2's, no?

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Thanks Atlantis, here is the large size photos.










    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Wait a minute, viscous coupling AWD, 5% to front and up to 35% when needed? thats the exact same system as in the 996. There were rumors of a new active differentail AWD

    Drag is up compared to the RWD but Cd is listed as greater on the C4 than on the C4S, that can't be right

    They have lower acceleration and top speed than the RWD's according to the brochures. The C4S 0-60 is actually the same as the base 997.

    One thing is for sure, the extra 44m in width mentined is sure not visible in the photos in the 997, I'm sure it will be in person though.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    That is right carlos, sounds like 996 system, and I heard that Porsche was changing to the Swedish Haldex AWD-system used by Audi, VW, Volvo, Bugatti Veyron... either they did not or it is setup like the 996

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Wait a minute, viscous coupling AWD, 5% to front and up to 35% when needed? thats the exact same system as in the 996. There were rumors of a new active differentail AWD

    Drag is up compared to the RWD but Cd is listed as greater on the C4 than on the C4S, that can't be right

    They have lower acceleration and top speed than the RWD's according to the brochures. The C4S 0-60 is actually the same as the base 997.

    One thing is for sure, the extra 44m in width mentined is sure not visible in the photos in the 997, I'm sure it will be in person though.



    so it means that someone is playing with our emotions?

    I hope so anyway...

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    They have lower acceleration and top speed than the RWD's according to the brochures. The C4S 0-60 is actually the same as the base 997.


    Are you sure about this Carlos? It says 0-62mph in 4.8 secs for the C4S. That is the equivalent of 0-100kph, no? If so then the acceleration is the same.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    It's OK I cannot get to the delaer until tomorrow anyway!

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    if this 4S is true, I wonder what is the strategy of Porsche to do a 997 similar to the 996 4S, because if I am not wrong, the actual 996 4S is the most sold 996 ...

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    That is right carlos, sounds like 996 system, and I heard that Porsche was changing to the Swedish Haldex AWD-system used by Audi, VW, Volvo, Bugatti Veyron... either they did not or it is setup like the 996



    Its definately not the electronic Haldex, it says "viscous multiplate coupling" which is the 996's diff, not that its a bad AWD... but maybe they will introduce it in the 997TT?


    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    They have lower acceleration and top speed than the RWD's according to the brochures. The C4S 0-60 is actually the same as the base 997.


    Are you sure about this Carlos? It says 0-62mph in 4.8 secs for the C4S. That is the equivalent of 0-100kph, no? If so then the acceleration is the same.



    You are tottally correct Rami, I misread 0-60mph intead of 0-62mph (which is 0-100kmh), my fault

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    For 0-62 mph the UK Porsche website says:
    C2 5.0 sec
    C2S 4.8 sec

    According to the posted brochure the base 4 is 0.1 sec slower and the 4S is equal. I guess this is possible if you apply 'Porsche-rounding-mode' for the figure

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Drag is up compared to the RWD but Cd is listed as greater on the C4 than on the C4S, that can't be right




    Why not?

    Maybe the C4S sits a fraction lower to the pavement than the C4 when both are in standard form.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Is it Just me, or is everyone disapointed with the C4S? wheres the rear tailight? Different front end? Vents on rearend? Not what i was waiting for>

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Its definately not the electronic Haldex, it says "viscous multiplate coupling" which is the 996's diff, not that its a bad AWD... but maybe they will introduce it in the 997TT?



    I have no doubt that when the 997TT is introduced we'll see C2 and C4 with turbo wide body as well (may be in limited runs).

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Yes it is just you... we are all on fire for this new variant

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    For 0-62 mph the UK Porsche website says:
    C2 5.0 sec
    C2S 4.8 sec

    According to the posted brochure the base 4 is 0.1 sec slower and the 4S is equal. I guess this is possible if you apply 'Porsche-rounding-mode' for the figure



    Same for the Cad models thouh.
    997 Cab is 5.2 secs but 997S is 4.9 secs!
    And these are the factory figures!
    Never understood why?
    Maybe the added torque of the S model available at low rpm?

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    606677 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    372019 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/21 7:15 PM
    JR-550
    89296 1087
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    46986 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    36263 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34141 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 6/12/21 9:43 PM
    watt
    18600 384
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5151 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    575102 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    430185 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    368171 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 5/27/21 6:14 PM
    Topspeed
    368098 3495
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    329719 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    311515 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    239656 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    231922 1542
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    162565 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138899 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/15/21 7:30 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    133757 2537
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    110939 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77822 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 5/19/21 5:19 PM
    Leawood911
    75506 1167
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    66074 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    65196 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    61079 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    45589 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 6/9/21 6:51 AM
    Jean
    37632 479
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34688 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/30/21 9:51 PM
    waiting for PDK
    33839 522
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    29329 385
    271 items found, displaying 1 to 30.