Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

EV0 997 Turbo Article Scans

Doesn't really tell us anything that's not already known, but I thought I'd post it anyway

Re: EV0 997 Turbo Article Scans

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the scans, even if I can't see the same pictures again and again, this is already pathetic that various car magazines all over the world are using the same pictures and try to make readers believe that they actually testdrove the car and took the pictures themselves.

I wonder if this is one of the reasons why AMS didn't publish any 997 Turbo story yet.

Anyway, to get to the point: have you guys noticed that every article, although the pictures are the same, states something different about performance and weight? This is absolutely weird. I still find the first article in CARandDRIVER to be the most trustable regarding the details but we get confusing information from our sources too, so it might be a "game" Porsche is playing to keep the real specs for the final press release. I don't know why they're doing this because it not only creates confusion but also frustration but I really hope that this marketing coup ends soon, so we can enjoy real specs and maybe finally a real review.

And finally, I find it also strange that almost all car magazines claim "summer" as a release date, maybe it has to do with the US start? I don't know...May, June...and now what? August? It is time for the press release, guys.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Thanks a lot for the scans, even if I can't see the same pictures again and again, this is already pathetic that various car magazines all over the world are using the same pictures and try to make readers believe that they actually testdrove the car and took the pictures themselves.

I wonder if this is one of the reasons why AMS didn't publish any 997 Turbo story yet.

Anyway, to get to the point: have you guys noticed that every article, although the pictures are the same, states something different about performance and weight? This is absolutely weird. I still find the first article in CARandDRIVER to be the most trustable regarding the details but we get confusing information from our sources too, so it might be a "game" Porsche is playing to keep the real specs for the final press release. I don't know why they're doing this because it not only creates confusion but also frustration but I really hope that this marketing coup ends soon, so we can enjoy real specs and maybe finally a real review.

And finally, I find it also strange that almost all car magazines claim "summer" as a release date, maybe it has to do with the US start? I don't know...May, June...and now what? August? It is time for the press release, guys.

Yes,

I doubt the car mag. writers are so universally sloppy with the numbers (even though they have that reputation ), I agree I think it's intentional on the part of Porsche, it keeps specific numbers from entering the mind: "0-60 in 3.... "

Release in the "summer" allows lots of leeway-June, July, August, September....

I am still skeptical of superior Tip accel. times, but I'll say no more.

12 days to 2/16, but who's counting?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Anyway, to get to the point: have you guys noticed that every article, although the pictures are the same, states something different about performance and weight? This is absolutely weird.

One explanation for that could be the fact that the long, dark arctic nights tend to lead to a lot of alcohol being consumed, and we all know the effect that has on peoples' ability to assimilate and remember facts.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Anyway, to get to the point: have you guys noticed that every article, although the pictures are the same, states something different about performance and weight? This is absolutely weird.

One explanation for that could be the fact that the long, dark arctic nights tend to lead to a lot of alcohol being consumed, and we all know the effect that has on peoples' ability to assimilate and remember facts.

Or maybe it's just the cold itself, inducing hypothermic encephalopathy? JJJJJari, wwwwwie ssssschnell, 0-100?

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Or maybe it's just the cold itself, inducing hypothermic encephalopathy? JJJJJari, wwwwwie ssssschnell, 0-100?

Well, you're the madicine man, so you can tell us: Would a high blood-alcohol level promote or inhibit the onset of hypothermic what-you-said?

Thanks for posting the more info the better. I can't wait for articles on how it drives.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Well, you're the madicine man, so you can tell us: Would a high blood-alcohol level promote or inhibit the onset of hypothermic what-you-said?

Unfortunately it would promote it (in other words, don't rely on alcohol to survive bitter cold conditions), BUT the high blood-alcohol level would make you suffer a little less.

Quote:
    RC said:

Yesterday i was at my dealer..and he tell me again that the first turbo will not be here in May...he tell not before June..

but the next 2 weeks will be two really interesting weeks!

ciaoo

I think the new turbo is fantastic looking, and can't wait to get mine. But was anyone expecting a more "agressive" all around look from porsche on their new turbo? I certainly was, the car looks great, but when you look at what techart / gemballa / and ruf have done in the ways of aerodynamics, you'd think mabey porsche would make it just a tiny bit meaner? anyone feel the same?

_________
    2003 996TT Black/Black Techart GTS 560 Hp
    2006 Gallardo SE Charcoal

Quote:
    zeroHero said:
    I think the new turbo is fantastic looking, and can't wait to get mine. But was anyone expecting a more "agressive" all around look from porsche on their new turbo? I certainly was, the car looks great, but when you look at what techart / gemballa / and ruf have done in the ways of aerodynamics, you'd think mabey porsche would make it just a tiny bit meaner? anyone feel the same?

_________
    2003 996TT Black/Black Techart GTS 560 Hp
    2006 Gallardo SE Charcoal

Tuners always have a way of making their products extra flashy (especially Gemballa!).

I think Porsche spiced up the image while staying true to their production values (not to derivate from the base form too much).

I dont think that styling will seem as important once you press your right foot all the way down.

Its going to be the quickest, fastest, best handling Porsche Turbo ever. Thats good enough for me!

Thanks for the scan.

I wonder if the black one that is in every picture next to the yellow one the PDK version?

I see it in every article but not a close up picture .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

686993 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    320501 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 12/7/22 4:53 PM
    Porker
    217961 1266
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 12/4/22 12:10 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    203278 439
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    186444 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    129648 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    57673 68
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    521664 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    477291 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    473542 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    230633 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 12/7/22 5:03 PM
    WhoopsyM
    230165 1468
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    200173 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    196367 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/7/22 10:22 PM
    CGX car nut
    191000 1866
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    190618 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    163667 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    160984 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    157079 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    143618 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    140527 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    138602 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    137854 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    136421 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 12/6/22 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    127754 1561
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    107460 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    106523 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    104249 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    79337 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31671 438
    172 items found, displaying 1 to 30.