Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Monaco Supercars

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5LEOGDgL2I&mode=related&search=

    Lot of money in Monaco - the dude with 430 needs some lessons - maybe its a Ferrari owners thing - can't drive stick shifts!

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    those wheels on that 550 barchetta
    that must be a american citizen !

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Oh god...that 550 with red spinners was hilarious!

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    I wouldn't classify AC cobra's as under exotics... I see so many replicraps of them here it's not even funny.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    I've no idea what the population of Monaco is but I am guessing that they have a lot of expensive cars for such a small place! Think every other person owns one or something!

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    I've no idea what the population of Monaco is but I am guessing that they have a lot of expensive cars for such a small place! Think every other person owns one or something!

    Volume 2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsU20Q-TlU&NR

    There are volume 3 and 4 as well - I am sure you will see them on youtude

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    I've no idea what the population of Monaco is but I am guessing that they have a lot of expensive cars for such a small place! Think every other person owns one or something!



    When I was in Monaco, I was staying at Hotel de Paris, just next to the casino. You see at least 30-40 exotics cars every hour. So it's easy to make this video in 1 day

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5LEOGDgL2I&mode=related&search=

    Lot of money in Monaco - the dude with 430 needs some lessons - maybe its a Ferrari owners thing - can't drive stick shifts!


    I wouldn't be so sure that it's a stick-shift. Starting an F1-tranny Ferrari from rest for the first time is not necessarily easier than using a clutch for the frst time.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    I thought filming and taking pictures of buildings is prohibited by law in Monaco... did you know that it has the better police officer per citizen rate in the entire world??? most roads and alleys are watched by the police 24 7 and they're strict when it comes to traffic law violations...all things said, it sure is a really nice place I'd love to have an apartment looking down the harbor

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    MarcusRay said:
    I thought filming and taking pictures of buildings is prohibited by law in Monaco... did you know that it has the better police officer per citizen rate in the entire world??? most roads and alleys are watched by the police 24 7 and they're strict when it comes to traffic law violations...all things said, it sure is a really nice place I'd love to have an apartment looking down the harbor



    I don't know how true that is. I was allowed to take pictures quite freely.

    They have 1 policeman per 6 citizens in Monaco

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I wouldn't classify AC cobra's as under exotics... I see so many replicraps of them here it's not even funny.



    Isn't one of the companies that replicates the Cobra based out of South Africa? That might explain things somewhat. I myself have only seen 2 or 3 replicas here in the US let alone a real one. With no roof, they don't exactly make the best daily driver

    As for Monaco, its about 4 square kilometers and essentially a giant resort for the rich and famous of the world. I've heard a statistic that there are over 400 Ferraris alone registered in Monaco

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I wouldn't classify AC cobra's as under exotics... I see so many replicraps of them here it's not even funny.



    Isn't one of the companies that replicates the Cobra based out of South Africa? That might explain things somewhat. I myself have only seen 2 or 3 replicas here in the US let alone a real one. With no roof, they don't exactly make the best daily driver

    As for Monaco, its about 4 square kilometers and essentially a giant resort for the rich and famous of the world. I've heard a statistic that there are over 400 Ferraris alone registered in Monaco



    That would explain a lot

    I know there is a company in Cape Town that builds replica Ford GT40's.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    They have 1 policeman per 6 citizens in Monaco


    Misleading statistic. Most residents aren't citizens. You're right though, there are a lots of police officers and cameras. Such a concentration of wealth would be bound to attract thieves otherwise. Not to mention turf wars between the various mafiosi...

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    They have 1 policeman per 6 citizens in Monaco


    Misleading statistic. Most residents aren't citizens. You're right though, there are a lots of police officers and cameras. Such a concentration of wealth would be bound to attract thieves otherwise.



    True; if I remember correctly Monaco has something like 5000 citizens and 30 000 inhabitants. They even have their own currency and language as well

    That said you're never far from a police officer if you're in Monaco

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    i must be getting old...best of the bunch imo 365/gtb-4

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    They have 1 policeman per 6 citizens in Monaco


    Misleading statistic. Most residents aren't citizens. You're right though, there are a lots of police officers and cameras. Such a concentration of wealth would be bound to attract thieves otherwise.



    True; if I remember correctly Monaco has something like 5000 citizens and 30 000 inhabitants. They even have their own currency and language as well

    That said you're never far from a police officer if you're in Monaco



    Don't they speak French?

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    They speak French and use the euro.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Yep, if you travel to Monaco you won't notice neither the language or the currency as its not in daily use. Even so it's important for Monaco to have them as an argument for their remained independence from France

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    I just checked and you're right about the language. I'm not sure the right to issue francs and now euros with the own design really counts as a true national currency, though.

    The #1 argument Monaco has for their continued independence is that French nationals living in Monaco pay French taxes. A typical example is the singer Johnny Hallyday (hugely popular in France, but I doubt you've ever heard of him ), who had to apply for Belgian citizenship first before he could move to Monaco.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    I just checked and you're right about the language. I'm not sure the right to issue francs and now euros with the own design really counts as a true national currency, though.

    The #1 argument Monaco has for their continued independence is that French nationals living in Monaco pay French taxes. A typical example is the singer Johnny Hallyday (hugely popular in France, but I doubt you've ever heard of him ), who had to apply for Belgian citizenship first before he could move to Monaco.



    So what's the Monacoian language called then? Too lazy to look it up...

    Johnny Halliday recently decided to move to Switzerland, didnd't he?

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    The language is called Monégasque in French.

    As for JH: his ultimate goal was to live tax-free. That meant getting resident status in Monaco, but he had to lose his French citizenship first.
    So he applied for Belgian citizenship. I think he's got a 2-year waiting period before he can enjoy tax-exempt status in Monaco, which is why he's hanging out in Switzerland in the mean time.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Thanks for the explanation.

    JH must have a lot of sparetime...

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    I just checked and you're right about the language. I'm not sure the right to issue francs and now euros with the own design really counts as a true national currency, though.



    I have to agree with that, I was under the impression they still issued their own national currency as well on top of that.

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    The #1 argument Monaco has for their continued independence is that French nationals living in Monaco pay French taxes.




    I remember reading a report looking into why Monoca remained independent while all the other small states were taken over by France. The only difference they found was the strenght of the Grimaldi family. So getting a proper heir to the throne will be the deciding factor IMO.

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    A typical example is the singer Johnny Hallyday (hugely popular in France, but I doubt you've ever heard of him ), who had to apply for Belgian citizenship first before he could move to Monaco.



    My gf is french, so it would've been hard to miss him

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    elysium said:
    I remember reading a report looking into why Monoca remained independent while all the other small states were taken over by France. The only difference they found was the strenght of the Grimaldi family. So getting a proper heir to the throne will be the deciding factor IMO.


    The deciding factor was that the area around Monaco was not part of France. The Nice area only became French in 1860, as a "thank you" gift from the new King of Italy to Emperor Napoleon III (who had help him unite the numerous Italian principalities into one country).

    Ten years later, Napoleon III got his #ss kicked by the Prussians. After that, French nationalists were too focused on reclaiming the Alsace and Moselle region than on taking over Andorra or Monaco.

    Quote:
    elysium said:
    My gf is french, so it would've been hard to miss him


    Mine is American - I did not force her to listen to him, though.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Are you guys saying, Monacoan citizens don't pay taxes???

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Are you guys saying, Monacoan citizens don't pay taxes???



    Yes. A customer of mine is actually a resident of the principality. She pays no taxes here. There was a massive public uproar when she moved there (how dare she), but I guess it's hard to hold a grudge against a world-record holder . She simply stated what everybody else already thought - we pay too much taxes.

    From what she is telling me, all you need to do is hire/buy a place to stay and then apply. They usually conduct a series of interviews to see whether you are suitable to be residing there. Also, convicted felons can't apply.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Does the government have enough income with no taxes?

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    There is no personal income tax. There are, however, a corporate income tax and a variety indirect taxes (e.g. VAT). Moreover, the state gets additional income from local monopolies (e.g. telecom company, tobacco, and of course the casino.

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    The deciding factor was that the area around Monaco was not part of France. The Nice area only became French in 1860, as a "thank you" gift from the new King of Italy to Emperor Napoleon III (who had help him unite the numerous Italian principalities into one country).

    Ten years later, Napoleon III got his #ss kicked by the Prussians. After that, French nationalists were too focused on reclaiming the Alsace and Moselle region than on taking over Andorra or Monaco.



    I see, thanks for the info

    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Mine is American - I did not force her to listen to him, though.



    It was my own free choice! At least I think it was.. hmmm...

    Re: Monaco Supercars

    Back on to supercars in expensive cities. I have to take a video of Tokyo. Last night in a 6 KM drive I went past and I counted 18 Porsches, a few Ferrari's. Three Gallardo's and a few other nice motors.

    I have seen several SLR's near my home, the odd Enzo but only 2 Carrera GT's.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    480473 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/18/21 10:58 PM
    Leawood911
    174799 1150
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 10/14/21 6:25 PM
    bluelines
    68568 382
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/27/21 10:36 AM
    RCA
    62021 647
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    47881 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/27/21 3:38 PM
    WhoopsyM
    47520 451
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13081 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    470973 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    387894 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/20/21 6:01 PM
    Topspeed
    383281 3919
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    349503 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    319159 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/22/21 10:59 AM
    reginos
    271131 3051
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    252986 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    168657 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    119109 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    103418 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    94434 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82866 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    72880 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    72671 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    51473 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/27/21 3:56 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    49661 1222
    Others Bugatti Chiron 10/16/21 4:53 PM
    crayphile
    43120 486
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    40590 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39451 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30797 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    27736 370
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 10/27/21 3:43 PM
    WhoopsyM
    27481 790
    Porsche GT4RS 10/27/21 4:08 PM
    d997h
    27325 435
    256 items found, displaying 1 to 30.