Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1 Turkey

First time I can remember that noone has made a single comment on a GP race.
    I personally found it boring - other than Hamiltons minor incident it was pretty straightforward.
    My impressions:
    Massa: Can this guy win anything if he isnt on pole? He's a strange driver. He is a good driver, but for some reason he is not at all someone I'd put my money on for this championship.
    He's like a one-trick pony; "Fast qualifying. Take pole. Win."
    Only trouble is he cant repeat that recipe enough time to win the championship, and he doesnt seem to have what it takes when he isnt on pole.

Raikkonen: "Close- but no cigar" should be his motto. His lack of ability to deliver (be it his fault, unlucky circumstances or poor team effort) is getting tedious, only surpassed by his on-screen personality - or lack thereof.

Alonso:
    I've called him a girlieman from day one - but I fear that real girliemen would be offended by now.
    He spends so much time complaining, pissing and moaning, feeling misunderstood, not given enough attention etc etc that even 12 year old spoilt girls would go "get a grip".
    He may still win the championship, but he has already lost the respect of most F1 fans.

Hamilton.
    Champion of most peoples hearts by now - whether he wins the championship or not.
    Has proven he is more than a lucky rookie, but a mega talent.
    Sadly, he has also proven that he is not nearly as innocent as he wants people to believe.
    I'm personally getting sick of his goody-two-shoes style.
    His clean-cut, WASP bording school appearance covers up a professional, experienced and tactically shrewd and calculating young man, who knows exactly what he wants. His conflict with Alonso proves that beyond any reasonable doubt.

By the way, I talked to my secret sources...Here's an inside tip, but dont tell anyone:
    Adrian Sutil will go off the track in the next race.

Re: F1 Turkey

I fully agree with you.

Last question: How will be the Champion?

My guess-Hamilton or Kimi...

Hamilton was trained on how to drive, how to behave, what to say, etc... from a very early age. His performance only reflects excellent preparation.

Kimi and Alonso, on the other hand, have abundant raw talent. My insider (a Formula 1 team director) tells me if either Kimi or Alonso had Lewis' 'training/sponsorship' they'd have raised the bar beyond imagination.

On personal character: Kimi is said to be very cool and recklessly attempting to push each car/design to the limit; Alonso very arrogant and very competent; and Hamilton merely behaving as he was programmed (not much of a character).

Do you really think that just because the others weren't sponsored by McLaren at a young age that they did not have the same training? I don't buy that. Afterall, all these guys been at the top of their categories since a young age, and they would just the same have been trained to behave and drive the same way Hamilton has.

Anyway, it was a pretty boring race to me too. One thing is abundantly clear to me though, and that is that Alonso is now comprehensively outdriven by his young team mate. In fact I can't really remember when he out drove Hamilton in a race anymore. Must have been a few months!

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Do you really think that just because the others weren't sponsored by McLaren at a young age that they did not have the same training? I don't buy that. Afterall, all these guys been at the top of their categories since a young age, and they would just the same have been trained to behave and drive the same way Hamilton has.

Anyway, it was a pretty boring race to me too. One thing is abundantly clear to me though, and that is that Alonso is now comprehensively outdriven by his young team mate. In fact I can't really remember when he out drove Hamilton in a race anymore. Must have been a few months!

I think what Oxonian is trying to say is that Hamilton was pretty much sponsored, trained and protected by this team, while the other kids' parents truggled with paying for training and quite possibly not getting teh same quality education as Hamilton did.

Frankly, I agree with Dr. Phil and find his goody-two-shoes demeanor sickening. I much prefer the ice-cold stare of the Iceman, the flamboyant whine of the stumpy Spaniard and the sheer aggressiveness of the legendary Big chin.

Quote:
    WAY said:

According to an F1 team director, the depth and breadth of preparation that Hamilton received through the sponsorship is beyond what most other F1 drivers receive.

He believes that Hamilton has LESS talent than either Kimi or Alonso. The latter two, he believes, display sheer genius every now and then.

Now please don't shoot the messenger

There was surely a team order in the Ferrari team.

Raikkonen fastest lap was 0,600 seconds faster than Massa's fastest lap(second fastest lap of the race).
    Raikkonen did it on lap 57.It was a 58 laps race.

edit: I hate when people 1) rave about Hamilton and 2) say that guys like Sutil,Liuzzi or Kovalainen aren't doing well.
    Hamilton has an entire team devoted for him.I don't buy that crap about "treating both drivers equally".
    When he began in F3 he didn't won any races.But in his first year in F1 he suddenly beats a 2 time world champion...
    Put Hamilton in a weak car.You think he will be constantly in the points or beating his team mate? No of course not.

I'm very interested in what the agenda is behind Alonso's latest remarks toward the team. I dont think he is as stupid as he acts so his comments are obviously calculated to achieve a certain objective, question is what?! He is up to something for sure, I would love to know what.
    Imagine how the people in the McLaren factory feel about their so called 'star driver' after these remarks...

This is a more exciting subject than the absolutely boring race, although the result was good for the championship.

The most interesting thing about this race weekend was qualifying, with a four way battle for pole.
    The drive of the weekend IMO was watching Davidson put the Super Aguri 11th on the grid, being bumped out of Q3 by a narrow margin. You could tell that he was giving it all he had, especially through turn 8.

Speaking of qualifying, here's an interesting little story from James Allen, we live and learn

Quote:
    The Pole trap

Kubica's story is interesting; BMW believed the times in second qualifying.

I've long believed that some of the front-runners carry a Q3 fuel load in Q2 to give themselves a feel for how the car will feel in Q3, when they go for pole.

They don't lose anything by doing this because they are easily fast enough to make it through to Q3, even with the extra fuel and the upside is that by the time they do their dash for pole, it is their third lap in those conditions so they should have their eye in.

Most teams are in low fuel trim at that time.

BMW saw that Kubica was only 0.3s off the Ferraris and McLarens in Q2 and decided to gamble on a front row start slot.

They put just 12 laps of fuel in his car, but it didn't work because he was half a second slower than he had been in Q2, while Massa was only 3/10ths slower!

So then he realised that maybe Massa hadn't been so close in Q2 after all.

Thus he was a lamb to the slaughter on lap 12 when he pitted, as all the others overtook him. He ended up eighth, whereas Heidfeld, who started alongside him on a reasonable fuel load was fourth.

We live and learn.

The whole verdict:
    http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&PO_ID=40460

You're correct Phil. The race was a little bit boring, except for Hamilton's tire incident.
    I'm getting tired of Hamilton vs. Alonso Soap Opera. Alonso is a cry baby. He was saying the exact same things about the team when he was with Ranault. He just love throwing people under the bus.
    I really like Kimi. I always have. I just wish he were closer in the points race, to make it more interesting, because it doesn't look as though McLaren is ever going to be too far behind the Ferrari's (even if Ferrari does win the race). This will take too long for the Ferrari boys to catch up at 2 or 4 points per race to win the championship.
    By the way, all those that thought Vettel was so much better than Scott Speed - Scott usually gave Luzzi a good run for his money and Vettel wasn't even close.

Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:
    Scott usually gave Luzzi a good run for his money and Vettel wasn't even close.

Talking about that, I really am curious to see what Bourdais will do in F1

As I said before, It comes down to equipment. Does everyone honestly believe the Barricello is really a bad driver now that he's left Ferrari?
    Talking about that, I really am curious to see what Bourdais will do in F1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt

476053 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/18/21 10:58 PM
    Leawood911
    174642 1150
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 10/14/21 6:25 PM
    bluelines
    68349 382
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/20/21 2:36 PM
    Enmanuel
    61518 631
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    47680 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/21/21 3:15 PM
    CGX car nut
    46742 432
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    12975 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    470523 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    387505 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/20/21 6:01 PM
    Topspeed
    383021 3919
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    349262 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    318770 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/21/21 1:02 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    270395 3050
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    252744 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    168567 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    118952 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    103279 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM