Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Panamera testing pics....








    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    I just love saying this... REPOST !

    Look at the thread below this one .

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Thanks for the enlargements. They indicate a far lower rear roof line. One that maight even be attractive.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Looking at the last picture and imagining the "camo" removed...it looks like a 4 door 997.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I just love saying this... REPOST !

    Look at the thread below this one .



    It's not. There are some new pics.

    993-style mirrors look somehow strange at this car BTW.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I just love saying this... REPOST !

    Look at the thread below this one .



    It's not. There are some new pics.

    997-style mirrors look somehow strange at this car BTW.



    You have a point. Can't say I really like it. We'll just have to wait for the camo to come off.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Those look like 993 door mirrors.

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    As RC has said before, we can't really critique the looks based on this heavily camo'ed model.

    However, I'm willing to guess that the final product will look something like a four-door 997, but with CGT headlights and a Cayman rear hatch-hopefully with the performance of the former and not the latter.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Looks good to at least me.

    If you follow the taped lines at the trunk and recognize the structure of rear spoiler, it does not look bad. Also the rear window and the hinge look okay.

    Indeed it has an overall stretched shape of a 997, a larger Cayman style rear with a refined larger spoiler. The front is not so clear. Some Cayenne/GT style front lights.

    Unfortunately, I do not have the time to do, but the spy pictures would allow you to draw quite precisely the rear shape and side lines of the car without the cameo.

    yah

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    i hope this is the final version, so i dont have to backtrack on my thoughts of this fright pig....what happened to the original version that actually looked good to where you might actually want one.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    hellgelb said:
    Those look like 993 door mirrors.

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...



    It looks like a giant laundry basket to me.

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    hellgelb said:

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...



    That is the same thought I'm having... Why else would they have the mesh and openings?

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    Butzi (Chef_jmr) said:
    Quote:
    hellgelb said:

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...



    That is the same thought I'm having... Why else would they have the mesh and openings?



    Now that's a really wild speculation You wouldn't expect to spot the fuel tank flap at the rear then

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    Butzi (Chef_jmr) said:
    Quote:
    hellgelb said:

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...



    That is the same thought I'm having... Why else would they have the mesh and openings?



    Now that's a really wild speculation You wouldn't expect to spot the fuel tank flap at the rear then



    Perhaps they developed a new fuel containment system... It's located under the rear seats & floors...

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Is that Roland Kussmaul at the wheel?

    Re: Panamera testing pics....

    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    Butzi (Chef_jmr) said:
    Quote:
    hellgelb said:

    The wing / box / mesh at the back is freaking me out; keep imagining it's disguising a rear engine...



    That is the same thought I'm having... Why else would they have the mesh and openings?



    Now that's a really wild speculation You wouldn't expect to spot the fuel tank flap at the rear then



    Now that would be cool: A front-engine/rear-engine dual V8 4-door sedan. How about a quad turbo version with two twin turbo's, front and rear, good for, say, 1200HP and 1600Nm torque.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt
     
     
     
     
     
    475575 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/16/21 4:08 AM
    Pilot
    174154 1141
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 10/14/21 6:25 PM
    bluelines
    68267 382
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/17/21 4:35 PM
    GnilM
    61115 625
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    47653 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/16/21 8:22 PM
    Wonderbar
    45650 394
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    12941 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    470367 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    387357 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    382859 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    349146 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    318589 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/17/21 4:47 PM
    GnilM
    269457 3041
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    252630 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    168502 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    118926 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    103233 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    94235 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82792 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    72532 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    72437 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    51374 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/15/21 9:29 PM
    Leawood911
    49222 1202
    Others Bugatti Chiron 10/16/21 4:53 PM
    crayphile
    42993 486
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    40499 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39364 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30757 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    27714 370
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    26464 592
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 10/15/21 8:02 PM
    WhoopsyM
    26426 750
    264 items found, displaying 1 to 30.