Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Car got keyed on Sunday

Well the car is only 6 weeks old and it got keyed on the wing with a cross and a few lines on sunday. It annoyed me so much but these things happen.
    I parked it on a quite street behind Oxford street but Guess someone didnt like me having that car. I suspect the postman who was emptying the mialbox infront of me, as he saw me get out of the car and he was still fiddling with the mail box as we got out of sight.

I think you have to except these things happen cos if you dont then the stress isnt worth it cos you no longer enjoy the car.

I did however curse the person who did it (whoever it was) to never own anything remotely as good as a porsche.

Re: Car got keyed on Sunday

Maybe the postman put a cross on your car to remind him where the mailbox was!

It's a real bummer when this sort of thing happens but at least you seem to have the right attitude about it.

Sorry to hear about that. I cant understand why people behave in this distructive manner instead of enjoying the sight of a beautifull car .

Some people have no respect. I had loads of people randomly stick their fingers up at me driving the 997. Pondlife!!

I think i will wait a bit then have it sorted out. cos i imagine fixing it and someone else doing that just after its fixed.

Sorry to hear about this.

If it's any consolation I usually find it's always the first sratch/dink/bump which is the worst. At least now you can relax about the car getting battle scars and enjoy owning it.

Mark

I am so sorry to hear about this...my car is 2 weeks old and I'm mortified about such behaviour...

Look at the bright side...you and the ones you love are all in good health, and this is really what matters in the end...

Hope you manage to repair the car to new...good luck

Sorry to hear about it. I caught a drunk kicking the doors of my Boxster. Is this just a British thing?

One thing for sure is that it was probably done by a guy who's got very little and is jealous. People like this certainly take the fun out of things. Get it fixed and you'll just have to be ultra careful to prevent it again. Good luck.

Quote:
    lawrence said:
    Sorry to hear about it. I caught a drunk kicking the doors of my Boxster. Is this just a British thing?

Are you serious? What did you do? I can't imagine what I would do in that position.

It seems like the UK is particularly vulnerable to such attacks. I have known a few people with nice cars in the UK to have them keyed, windows smashed and in one extreme case - SLASH the leather inside their Aston Martin. Absolute vermin.

I held on to him until the police arrived. He got fined Pounds100 of which I received Pounds10. Just a farce. The Dent Wizard did a very good job on both doors but it was still slightly visible. Its important not to let these things make you stop using your car or they win.

Sorry to hear that. Suuuuuucks. Like our cars have a "Vandalize Me" sign on them.

I think in the USA maybe the vandals will only do damage if they get the idea and a clean getaway opportunity at the same time. IOW, if a "normal" person gets a chance they'll key your car. If there's a chance someone will see them, or if they don't think of it when passing, they won't do it.

Of course there's a-holes with bad habits who are on the look out all the time.

Sorry to hear....this is one of the reasons I bought a Pounds2k Mazda 323 - for parking on London streets, etc...

London (and other major cities in the UK) are getting to be quite bad for crime like this.. sign of the times.
    Prashan

Quote:
    londondude said:
    Well the car is only 6 weeks old and it got keyed on the wing with a cross and a few lines on sunday. It annoyed me so much but these things happen.
    I

Really sorry to hear that. The second posted case of vandalism here in as many weeks. It makes you proud to be British (not)

I was reading in the Sunday papers about a guy who went to the rescue of a lady being mugged - and promptly got arrested and charged for assaulting the thug responsible. Unbelieveable. When are the authorities here going to wake up to the fact that rough justice is the only justice these single-celled lifeforms understand.

Im discusted! it is a UK thing, the mentality of people in UK repulses me.

Get the police to check the CCTV if it was the post man you can get him arrested, and he can pay to fix it!

Man that sucks, ignore those jealous pricks and enjoy the ride

Reading this makes me feel so angry. Complete and utter b*stards! If I caught somebody doing this to my car, I would beat the cr*p out of them. I make sure I always have a hockey stick in the boot of my car.

A postman hit my dad's Mercedes with his postal van a month ago. He was talking on his mobile phone and didn't see my dad's car waiting at a red traffic light. He drove straight into the back of my dad's car.

Thank goodness the damage was slight. My dad's Merc is an old 190E in mint condition and they are built like tanks. The van had a serious dent in the front bumper. It's a cr*ppy Leyland Daf post van.

Anyway, the postman tried to reverse and drive off. My dad stopped him by blocking his exit. Pretty brave considering that my dad is 73 years old with a serious cardiac problem.

Having got his details, my dad later contacted him and asked him to pay the Pounds690 it would cost to repair the car. The guy kept refusing to pay and then stopped answering his phone.

At this point, I got involved threatened to sue him, have the bailiffs come round to seize his property. If that didn't help, I told him I would get an attachment of earnings order so that Parcelforce would pay us what he owed or alternatively if he owns a property (he gave my dad his address) I would get an attachment order so that my dad gets paid when he sells the property.

I even threatened that I would have him declared bankrupt if he doesn't pay up. His home would be repossessed, credit cards cancelled with any debts becoming immediately due and payable.

I asked whether he was insured. He had been using his employer's van off duty for his own personal use. I assume he had no insurance for this. I told him that driving without insurance is a criminal offence in the UK so I would have the Police prosecute him. It's a strict liabilty offence. Getting a criminal record might result in his dismissal from his job which I later discovered he had only just started in December 2005.

He wet himself.

He paid for the repairs in full and even paid compensation for the cost of (1) getting an estimate for the repairs, (2) replacement number plates, (3) phone calls we had made, (4) petrol for taking the car to various garages for getting repair quotations plus (5) an extra amount in compensation for the inconvenience he caused.

The moral is... one has to be extremely tough with the kind of scum that live in the UK today. They don't care what they do to other people's lives, health, property etc. They only care about themselves. The only language they understand is when they are forced to comply because they know they can't get away with it and what they will suffer if they don't comply.

Sadly, I don't have much faith in people anymore. I don't automatically assume a person is good unless I learn otherwise. I used to but this proved to be naive on my part. I now assume they are selfish and careless unless they surprise me to the contrary. Very sad really but that is life today.

Quote:
    londondude said:
    I parked it on a quite street behind Oxford street but Guess someone didnt like me having that car. I suspect the postman who was emptying the mialbox infront of me, as he saw me get out of the car and he was still fiddling with the mail box as we got out of sight.

I think you have to except these things happen cos if you dont then the stress isnt worth it cos you no longer enjoy the car.

I did however curse the person who did it (whoever it was) to never own anything remotely as good as a porsche.

Very sorry to hear your story, makes me so mad

Had my car just 2 weeks and decided to pop in to the golf driving range.

At the range was a big car park with spaces galore; I started to feel a bit concerned about leaving my new pristine car in this dark back of nowhere range, until I saw, unbelievably, another brand new C2S in black, an absolute replica of my car with a big double parking space next to it.

So I parked up, only to find that the opposite side of the car had been keyed from the front wing to the back arch........A two week old car, what scum could do this and if it just happened, I would be next...it would be the ultimate prize for the dick head who did it....so I got back in my car and drove home and changed cars. I frequently pop into that range and have not seen that car since...but I keep my eyes open... I might catch the vermin that did it one day.

easy rider911. well done . arseholes!

A hockeystick in the back of the car? In holland, it is prohibited to have things like that in your car when not out there to hockey. Even worse; if you beat someone with it, they can sue you that you were there with the intention to do harm, and that is a crime... d*mn, law s*cks...
    -Joost-

No way Joost! The law in Holland is upside down!

I have a hockey stick in my car (don't know how I can fit it in my new 997S when that comes? LOL). In English law, a hockey stick is not an 'offensive weapon'. In the UK, it is perfectly lawful to own and possess it.

If I use it, I claim self defence. No criminal or civil liability.

Also, in the UK, the fact that an attacker 'threatens' me with harm is an 'assault'. If he actually hits me, that is a 'battery'. Either way, I can use reasonable force to defend myself, my family and even my property.

My attacker could only sue me in tort for civil liability for personal injury if I used excessive force (i.e. beyond what is reasonable). I would beat the cr*p out of him but I wouldn't break bones etc etc.

Your law favours the attacker too much. Victims must suffer badly where you are. That's terrible.

Hey - at the end of the day, I am a lawyer. I am not about to do something beyond what the law allows me to do but by G*d I will go right to the limit!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    The moral is... one has to be extremely tough with the kind of scum that live in the UK today. They don't care what they do to other people's lives, health, property etc. They only care about themselves. The only language they understand is when they are forced to comply because they know they can't get away with it and what they will suffer if they don't comply.

Sadly, I don't have much faith in people anymore. I don't automatically assume a person is good unless I learn otherwise. I used to but this proved to be naive on my part. I now assume they are selfish and careless unless they surprise me to the contrary. Very sad really but that is life today.

You really do echo me and I still like to give people a chance but this proves an absolute waste of time ..

Be nice and they'll kick you in the teeth ,, SIMPLE , sad but true..

throt..

Quote:
    twin turbo said:
    easy rider911. well done . arseholes!

Nooooo no , thats unfair on a ""arsehole"" ..

An ""arsehole"" can be noisy , but it would'nt harm your car.. ..

throt..

I can't help it but I really despise these people with a passion. I don't have a great deal of money and what money I do have, is through saving hard and going without.

For someone to do this maliciously does my box in and I honestly would bring back flogging.

It's commendable that you can move on after the incident and you probably have the right attitude. For me I just shake my head in bewilderment and trepidation.

Hey, I don't say I agree with dutch laws! Still, I keep a powdercoated aluminium bar in my car. I work for a coatingcompany, and can always say it is a demo model, so not there with the intention to hurt people
    -Joost-

Before I even opened this thread (and I didn't see your username)....I knew this was going to be somewhere in the uk! There's a breed of spiteful little sh!t that seems to be a part of British society. Don't worry, he's probably coming back as an ant in his next life; destined to be stepped on I remember seeing a Ferrari Testarossa (ok now I'm showing my age) in Cadogen Place Car park, where some little turd had keyed 'i was 'ere' across 3 body panels.
    Anyway, dependant on the type of scratch, there's some very slick airbrushing techniques that are available to fix this kind of thing, it may be more preferable to entire body panel respraying job (I'm working on the basis that it can't be buffed out)....Think of it as the paint equivalent of dentless repair....If I can find the site (it was an English company...there's a surprise), I'll post the web site. Your OPC probably has someone already because I don't think you're the first victim of this kind of vandalism. Best of luck

The only reason I don't have any such marks on mine is that I haven't taken delivery yet!

Several years ago one of my 911s (that I bought used) already had a few keying marks on it. I just took it all in stride. But with a brand new car!!#!$#$! I avoided it with another new 911 but shutter to think what I'll do when I finally pick up this one later this summer. I don't want to resort to what Jay Leno does,--merely drive it around and never park it anywhere but in your own garage!

If our sympathies can give you any relief,--here it is. Hang tough. Even with some scratches, it's an incredible car. And YOU own it. They must be satisfied to merely trash it.

Dan

Sorry to hear about your car getting keyed. There are a lot of jealous people in the world. What frustrates me is the fact that every time I hear about someone's high-end car getting keyed, it was done by someone that the owner didn't even know.

I agree with MES .With all the cameras we hear about in london maybe you could see it on video. I do not know the availability of such videos for laypersons but if you know a policeman who would be able to check it out??? Would love to catch one on film . good luck crg

londondude,

Sorry to hear of this senseless act. Must be some miserable, worthless...who did such a thing. I hope it's back as good as new very soon.

Years ago, after I just spent over 3k to repaint my car, some absolute scumbag keyed one side down to the metal. I guess it's a good thing I didn't catch them in the act.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

628119 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    263959 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/29/22 2:35 PM
    blueflame
    158404 1172
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/14/22 9:50 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    149670 417
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 8/10/22 8:51 PM
    WhoopsyM
    131251 538
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    67337 1
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 9/14/22 7:36 AM
    GnilM
    2575 18
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM