Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    F430

    Hi,

    I've been looking at F430's and have a few questions.

    1. I noticed on the UK site that some of the cars are referred to as 'Ferrari F430 Europa'. What does the Europa mean??

    2. Also has anybody changed from 997 to F430 and what is your opinion after the intial 'honeymoon' period? Would you do it again?

    3. How much do you think a F430 will depreciate over the next 2-3 years? The cars I am looking at are circa. Pounds135k - what will it be worth in 3 years time?

    4. Anybody know if it would be possible to get a new F430 in the next 6 months at list price? i.e. any dealers with cancelled slots or cars?

    5. F1 or manual?? I would have always taken manual before the 430 but the manual cars seem a little more 'dated' now and I think F1 will be much more desirable come trade in time?

    Thanks!

    Wolvy

    Re: F430

    Concerning point 1 I can only assume it will be a left-hand drive?

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    I've been looking at F430's and have a few questions.

    1. I noticed on the UK site that some of the cars are referred to as 'Ferrari F430 Europa'. What does the Europa mean??

    2. Also has anybody changed from 997 to F430 and what is your opinion after the intial 'honeymoon' period? Would you do it again?

    3. How much do you think a F430 will depreciate over the next 2-3 years? The cars I am looking at are circa. Pounds135k - what will it be worth in 3 years time?

    4. Anybody know if it would be possible to get a new F430 in the next 6 months at list price? i.e. any dealers with cancelled slots or cars?

    5. F1 or manual?? I would have always taken manual before the 430 but the manual cars seem a little more 'dated' now and I think F1 will be much more desirable come trade in time?

    Thanks!

    Wolvy



    Hi Wolvy,

    1. Can't help out there, I'm just as dumbstruck as you there

    2. I still have my 997 and the 2 are in total leagues of their own. The 430 definately puts a bigger smile on my face when I drive it, but for everyday user friendliness the 997 is so much easier drive around.

    3. 430's are still holding their values pretty good here, don't know about the situation in Europe. I suppose there are so few here and the demand is still quite high.

    4. Once again, situation is probably different in Europe. I have another 430 Spider on order since last year March, so far I have still not received the car yet

    5. F1 definately, so smooth and fast. You can drive manual in many other cars, not many offer the this type of transmission. Plus on the resale side, it will be easier as about 80% of all F-cars now are ordered with the F1 gearbox.

    Hope this helps, I might be wrong in some aspects, if so someone please help me out

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Concerning point 1 I can only assume it will be a left-hand drive?



    exactly.

    Re: F430

    and european specs , not american specs

    Re: F430

    They're not left hand drive, but I wonder if they are European Imports and not full UK specs - doesn't seem to impact the prices they're asking though!!!

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    They're not left hand drive, but I wonder if they are European Imports and not full UK specs - doesn't seem to impact the prices they're asking though!!!



    A european non-UK RHD? Erm... Doesn't make sense...

    Re: F430

    You can order your car from a European dealer, and specify it as RHD. When the pound was stong a lot of people did this, but not so many now, also the manufacturers got wise and made the RHD option very expensive

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    You can order your car from a European dealer, and specify it as RHD. When the pound was stong a lot of people did this, but not so many now, also the manufacturers got wise and made the RHD option very expensive



    AFAIK Ferrari is so paranoid about dealers exporting the cars into other markets... so IMO it's very strange if you can order e.g. a F430 for germany with RHD.

    Re: F430

    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Why not consider both? Do you harbor demons that compel you to burn money?

    Re: F430

    Good resale value?
    F430F1, Rosso Corsa, Nero leather interior and CCMs(ceramic brakes). You can not go wrong with that combo!

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Good resale value?
    F430F1, Rosso Corsa, Nero leather interior and CCMs(ceramic brakes). You can not go wrong with that combo!



    Hmmm, why do I feel so familiar with this combo...

    Re: F430

    Stefan,
    Good taste is always good taste!
    BTW, Grigio Silverstone is nice color for incognito F430F1 look...

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Stefan,
    Good taste is always good taste!
    BTW, Grigio Silverstone is nice color for incognito F430F1 look...



    Yeah, grigio silverstone is very nice also.

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Good resale value?
    F430F1, Rosso Corsa, Nero leather interior and CCMs(ceramic brakes). You can not go wrong with that combo!



    Hmmm, why do I feel so familiar with this combo...



    Nothing wrong with Rosso Scuderia and with Crema interior and Bordeaux carpets - CCMs either

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Yes, if you're going to be worried about mileage your put on etc. etc. You're never going to enjoy the car 100%, look after the car though and just enjoy it. Worry about the $ later.

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Yes, if you're going to be worried about mileage your put on etc. etc. You're never going to enjoy the car 100%, look after the car though and just enjoy it. Worry about the $ later.



    That's what I meant ...
    If you buy such a car and configure it, so it has a good resale value, than I think you can never fully enjoy it.
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !
    I know Nick will think otherwise about it, I almost think that Nick only drives a F because of the resale value

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !



    My exact sentiments, that's why I am getting an F1 gearbox, CF grille, reverse sensors and racing seats in my F430 for me to enjoy myself!

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !



    My exact sentiments, that's why I am getting an F1 gearbox, CF grille, reverse sensors and racing seats in my F430 for me to enjoy myself!



    If that's make you happy ...

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Yes, if you're going to be worried about mileage your put on etc. etc. You're never going to enjoy the car 100%, look after the car though and just enjoy it. Worry about the $ later.



    That's what I meant ...
    If you buy such a car and configure it, so it has a good resale value, than I think you can never fully enjoy it.
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !
    I know Nick will think otherwise about it, I almost think that Nick only drives a F because of the resale value





    When I spec.d out my F430 my salesman advised me that the electric seats would have better re-sale but I wanted the racing seats (lots of reasons) so that's what I ordered. With the hault of all 430 racing seats for the rest of production it appears like the racing seats may actually increase the re-sale of my car now instead. Lucky,lucky.

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Yes, if you're going to be worried about mileage your put on etc. etc. You're never going to enjoy the car 100%, look after the car though and just enjoy it. Worry about the $ later.



    That's what I meant ...
    If you buy such a car and configure it, so it has a good resale value, than I think you can never fully enjoy it.
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !
    I know Nick will think otherwise about it, I almost think that Nick only drives a F because of the resale value





    When I spec.d out my F430 my salesman advised me that the electric seats would have better re-sale but I wanted the racing seats (lots of reasons) so that's what I ordered. With the hault of all 430 racing seats for the rest of production it appears like the racing seats may actually increase the re-sale of my car now instead. Lucky,lucky.



    As long as you didn't order them in XS...

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Wolvy said:
    Hi,

    Someone on pistonheads said these are normal UK cars. Not sure - think I will have to ring one of the dealers and ask!

    Anybody answer my other points?

    Wolvy



    If you're concerned about resale value, go for the F1.
    And it's more fun either.



    I think you should buy a car for yourself and NOT for the "resale value"



    Yes, if you're going to be worried about mileage your put on etc. etc. You're never going to enjoy the car 100%, look after the car though and just enjoy it. Worry about the $ later.



    That's what I meant ...
    If you buy such a car and configure it, so it has a good resale value, than I think you can never fully enjoy it.
    When I buy a car, I choose the color and options that I want, and I don't buy a car for the one who will enjoy it after me !
    I know Nick will think otherwise about it, I almost think that Nick only drives a F because of the resale value





    When I spec.d out my F430 my salesman advised me that the electric seats would have better re-sale but I wanted the racing seats (lots of reasons) so that's what I ordered. With the hault of all 430 racing seats for the rest of production it appears like the racing seats may actually increase the re-sale of my car now instead. Lucky,lucky.



    Doesn't your US dealer just have the gentlemen's agreement that one rcvs MSRP back upon trading-in 430/599 in 6-12 mos to that dealer, for next latest/greatest F @MSRP???.....no matter mileage/color/options, etc (if mileage is >>5K mis, major dealers seem to get regular custs another new F sooner as needed )....and even airship cost can be added to sticker....


    F indeed provides a very cost-effective ownership expce in US to its repeat buyers, w/frequently refreshed samples of F's latest/greatest technologies....

    That said, even if I had to buy F in EU w/P/MB-like resale value, I'd spec it to my tastes (as I do w/the deprec-prone new P/MB I buy every yr in US )....after all, any F/P is a discretionary toy that becomes obsolete in a yr or so....and inevitably picks up stone chips/windshield chips and CCM/clutch wear&tear if enjoyed appropriately....no matter how carefully detailed/garaged/parked.....

    Re: F430

    Part of the enjoyment of a car is knowing that as you drive it is not burning a hole in your wallet. Whatever I buy, (and price is no object) it must hold its value compare to other competitors.

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Part of the enjoyment of a car is knowing that as you drive it is not burning a hole in your wallet. Whatever I buy, (and price is no object) it must hold its value compare to other competitors.



    I don't get it. If price is no object as you say, why do you care about it holding its value at all?

    David

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Part of the enjoyment of a car is knowing that as you drive it is not burning a hole in your wallet. Whatever I buy, (and price is no object) it must hold its value compare to other competitors.



    I don't get it. If price is no object as you say, why do you care about it holding its value at all?

    David



    Perhaps he means a $300K 599 or $250K 430 offers much cheaper ownership costs than a mere $150K 997TT that costs $50K in one-yr deprec costs vs the F's more affordable $0 one-yr deprec costs.....

    Sure, 997TT is prob much safer than 599/430 in any crash, but the budget-conscious always need to price risk of injury/permanent impairment vs rewards of awfully cheap ownership costs, (ironically) more upscale brand image, much sexier exhaust note and "fun".....

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Part of the enjoyment of a car is knowing that as you drive it is not burning a hole in your wallet. Whatever I buy, (and price is no object) it must hold its value compare to other competitors.



    I don't get it. If price is no object as you say, why do you care about it holding its value at all?

    David



    Perhaps he means a $300K 599 or $250K 430 offers much cheaper ownership costs than a mere $150K 997TT that costs $50K in one-yr deprec costs vs the F's more affordable $0 one-yr deprec costs.....

    Sure, 997TT is prob much safer than 599/430 in any crash, but the budget-conscious always need to price risk of injury/permanent impairment vs rewards of awfully cheap ownership costs, (ironically) more upscale brand image, much sexier exhaust note and "fun".....



    But who cares about such trivialities as depreciation if "money is no object?" Wouldn't you just buy what you want then?

    David

    Re: F430

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    . Whatever I buy, (and price is no object) it must hold its value compare to other competitors.



    So otherwise you won't buy a Ferrari !

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    690162 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 1/27/23 7:12 PM
    Porker
    322668 1191
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 1/26/23 4:09 PM
    W8MM
    221563 1340
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206217 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187604 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/20/23 10:57 PM
    Pilot
    133003 58
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58413 68
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    524012 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    483623 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 1/3/23 6:48 PM
    Grant
    478682 3792
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    233971 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232152 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202149 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198251 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 1/28/23 5:47 PM
    WhoopsyM
    196746 2038
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    192464 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165088 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162143 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158234 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    144813 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 1/3/23 10:08 PM
    blueflame
    141927 509
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139613 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138676 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137150 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 1/13/23 3:57 PM
    Leawood911
    129479 1572
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108475 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107323 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105115 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80311 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32631 438
    166 items found, displaying 1 to 30.