Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    First official video: BMW X6

    Wouldn't mind having one of these (the 3.5d) as a family car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFL4pJLYqNA

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Cool find temm, thanks

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Pictures to follow shortly, but according to those with access there's a "database error" in the BMW Mediapool

    Aren't you up kinda early btw?

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Cool find - Only 2 seats at the back!?

    Re: First official video: BMW X6



    Awesome car, I really like this design (in flesh reportedly it looks even better) and perfect engine for this car - 3000 ccm twin turbo diesel. Perfect car for small familly...

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    moto said:
    Cool find - Only 2 seats at the back!?



    Yes, this is a "coupe" remember, so it follows the BMW tradition of two rear seats like the 3-series coupe and the 6-series.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Aren't you up kinda early btw?



    I'm up every night around this time . When the baby wakes up that's it for me can't go down as fast as he does .

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    hmmm... I might consider one for carrying the family... looks like the sportiest SUV (looking and handling wise) on the market.

    Is it just me or it doesn't look as big as a X5 would really be nice it its smaller.

    You can really see the active roll bars at work in the cornering shots.

    When is it due out again? any price rumors?

    BTW: good find Temm, thanks!

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    hmmm... I might consider one for carrying the family... looks like the sportiest SUV (looking and handling wise) on the market.

    Is it just me or it doesn't look as big as a X5 would really be nice it its smaller.

    You can really see the active roll bars at work in the cornering shots.

    When is it due out again? any price rumors?

    BTW: good find Temm, thanks!



    Carlos,

    it is not so tall as the X5 and little wider. I will drive it first time in april 2008. I seriously think to buy one.

    AM

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    hmmm... I might consider one for carrying the family... looks like the sportiest SUV (looking and handling wise) on the market.

    Is it just me or it doesn't look as big as a X5 would really be nice it its smaller.

    You can really see the active roll bars at work in the cornering shots.

    When is it due out again? any price rumors?

    BTW: good find Temm, thanks!



    It`s a little longer , wider and lower than X5

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    When is it due out again? any price rumors?




    It will a 2009 model (fall 08) as far as I know, expect prices slightly higher than the X5, like the price diff btw 5-series and 6-series.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    When is it due out again? any price rumors?




    It will a 2009 model (fall 08) as far as I know, expect prices slightly higher than the X5, like the price diff btw 5-series and 6-series.



    X6 will be available in Germany in mid april 2008.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    wow, thats big then! though being lower and wider, its going to look very impressive in real life I assume.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    I kinda like it already.

    But I must say that gear changink button looks like the worst idea ever. Looks like a lever put you must press on it!!

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:...
    Is it just me or it doesn't look as big as a X5 would really be nice it its smaller.



    Hi Carlos!

    Th X6 is not really an SUV. It's what's called a crossover vehicle - between a sedan and an SUV. Mazda, Nissan, GM, Ford have some very successful ones. I'm sure this X6 will be great.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:...
    Is it just me or it doesn't look as big as a X5 would really be nice it its smaller.



    Hi Carlos!

    Th X6 is not really an SUV. It's what's called a crossover vehicle - between a sedan and an SUV. Mazda, Nissan, GM, Ford have some very successful ones. I'm sure this X6 will be great.



    The X6 sits higher than the average car, it has four wheel drive and weigh 2 190KG. It's an SUV, period. Don't eat into BMW's marketing gimmicks.



    OFFICAL PICTURES

    http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsGallery.aspx?AR=229641&EL=-1&IM=147911

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    It remains me of the Bentley GT Continental.-concept and the size.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    wow, thats big then! though being lower and wider, its going to look very impressive in real life I assume.



    Friend who works for BMW told me that in real life X6 looks much better than on pictures, because design is very special and aggressive.


    And copy/paste about dimensions fron Autocar magazine - like I already said, but here is more specific data:

    Design and dimensions
    "Based on the X5's platform, the X6 shares its wheelbase but it's longer, by 23mm at 4877mm, and wider, by 50mm at 1983mm. The sloping roof and a lower ride height make it 86mm lower than the X5, at 1690mm."

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Wouldn't mind having one of these (the 3.5d) as a family car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFL4pJLYqNA



    I was really surprised to see that "Xdrive 35d" spot at 1:00. First because I've never seen a sign like it on any BMW, second because it just looks stupid and third because the 3000ccm twin turbo diesel in the X5 is now called 3.0sd.. Maybe as the 2500 engine is gone they will add a 3500

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    When is it due out again? any price rumors?




    It will a 2009 model (fall 08) as far as I know, expect prices slightly higher than the X5, like the price diff btw 5-series and 6-series.



    Last "semi-official" price I heard was considerably lower (only ca 30k NOK/5k USD/3,5 EUR), but as everybody was surprised how low it was your price might be more correct

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    janus said:
    I kinda like it already.

    But I must say that gear changink button looks like the worst idea ever. Looks like a lever put you must press on it!!



    Do you mean the changers on the steering wheel or the lever in the middle console? The actual gear stick is absolutely fantastic (comes on 5-7-X5-X6), much better than the old one (which you still get on the 1-3-X3). And the steering wheel ones are that way so you can drive with one hand on the wheel. Worked well for me .

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    The X6 is only a nicer copy of ssangyong acyton. Not really a new concept.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Wouldn't mind having one of these (the 3.5d) as a family car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFL4pJLYqNA



    I was really surprised to see that "Xdrive 35d" spot at 1:00. First because I've never seen a sign like it on any BMW, second because it just looks stupid and third because the 3000ccm twin turbo diesel in the X5 is now called 3.0sd.. Maybe as the 2500 engine is gone they will add a 3500



    They got different names for this engine. For example, in X3 and X5 is called 3.0sd, but in 3 or 5 series is called _35d (335d, 535d).

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Avoe said:
    The X6 is only a nicer copy of ssangyong acyton. Not really a new concept.




    LMAO!!! Funny but true.

    Re: First official video: BMW X6

    Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Wouldn't mind having one of these (the 3.5d) as a family car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFL4pJLYqNA



    I was really surprised to see that "Xdrive 35d" spot at 1:00. First because I've never seen a sign like it on any BMW, second because it just looks stupid and third because the 3000ccm twin turbo diesel in the X5 is now called 3.0sd.. Maybe as the 2500 engine is gone they will add a 3500



    They got different names for this engine. For example, in X3 and X5 is called 3.0sd, but in 3 or 5 series is called _35d (335d, 535d).



    I know, just thought it was strange not to keep with the established naming codes. Makes sense to call it the _35d in the 3-5-6 as these cars often carry model designations at the trunk and it's necessary to show the difference. But on the X_ it makes a lot more sense to call it a 3.0sd. Guess they needed to differentiate it from the "ordinary" X_-series cars .

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    758658 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433187 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259515 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256678 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80460 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5300 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    870236 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805055 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    385569 1526
    Porsche GT4RS 4/17/24 4:12 PM
    nberry
    383918 1451
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    366718 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    365175 797
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/21/23 8:09 AM
    the-missile
    287496 550
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/11/24 12:32 PM
    Ferdie
    285285 668
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    258734 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    236535 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    224474 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    219335 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    166567 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    138548 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    115367 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    107321 685
    Others Valkyrie final design? 4/28/23 2:45 AM
    Rossi
    99227 219
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    83542 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    74878 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    53017 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 3/16/24 9:27 PM
    WhoopsyM
    24646 237
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    20919 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    19188 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    16447 120
    129 items found, displaying 1 to 30.