Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    sergini said:
    Rc ...it's possible that PAG introduce 997 GT3 and 997 GT3 RS at the same time?
    or maybe a GT3 S ??



    I doubt it.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Thanks for the great info, RC. As always, I really appreciate it. RENNTEAM is the BEST

    And I agree with zzboba, I don't think the Turbo S is necessary at this point, but oh well.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    RC,
    You're the man! Thanks for that awesome info!
    Same strategy as the Carrera then, which is fine as it seems to be working allright.
    And then I presume one year later, an X50 powerkit will be made available for the Turbo S! Never happy, those costumers!



    once upon a time... the "turbo" badge was just enough. a statement of its own. (and the "S" was just a hyper-special at the end of the model run.)

    now PAG continues what they first did with the boxster and then with the carrera.

    A: "i own a turbo"
    B: "oh. the S?"
    A: "erm, no"
    B: "boo"



    Waiting for the Carrera GTS

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55.....however, also suspect depreciation costs of a $210Kish 430 Coupe w/CCM, sport seats, engine bay cf, nav, etc (i.e., appropriate equip, not a base flippable 430) driven 15K mi/yr will easily rival those of an appropriately-equipped $155K 996TTS also driven 15K mi/yr.....



    Both driven 15K you might be right. Depends on a lot of things. Under that though - Both at 12k& 10k the Ferrari holds it's value better. At 5k no question. Under 5k you're probably owning the F430 for free and if mint you're making money on the trade in. Right ? Ka-Ching !

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Both introduced (first cars availabe to dealers) to the GERMAN market at the SAME TIME in June 2006. Now hush hush to your dealer and get your checkbook ready.





    Any word on TCab and TSCab release (presumably simultaneously and in the USA around the same time, as well )?



    Thanks RC.
    They are launching in 997 sequence then. The Turbo cab/Turbo S cab will be out a month or 2 after the coupes.

    Glad I already have my Turbo S cab deposit down and 1st at my dealer.



    Strad, didn't 997S Coupe come out in 8/04 and Cabs in ?3/05?....that's more like a 6-8 mo Coupe vs Cab delay.....makes much more sense to launch a 997TTSCab in early Spring '07 when SF/LA/NYC are all entering their best open-top driving weather....



    Yes but look at how fast they launched 4 Cabs after the 4's. I think they'll launch the Turbo cabs as soon as they're capable. Again they're launching the 4 cabs in the fall/ winter. Don't think that would stop them from launching the Turbo cabs in late Summer. Besides I gotta tell you driving a convertible in this weather is even nicer then in June and July. The last few weeks have been perfect convertible weather in NY.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55.....however, also suspect depreciation costs of a $210Kish 430 Coupe w/CCM, sport seats, engine bay cf, nav, etc (i.e., appropriate equip, not a base flippable 430) driven 15K mi/yr will easily rival those of an appropriately-equipped $155K 996TTS also driven 15K mi/yr.....



    Both driven 15K you might be right. Depends on a lot of things. Under that though - Both at 12k& 10k the Ferrari holds it's value better. At 5k no question. Under 5k you're probably owning the F430 for free and if mint you're making money on the trade in. Right ? Ka-Ching !



    What's going to be interesting to see is how much of a resale value hit CCM, sport seats, engine bay cf, etc. entail....some ?$30Kish worth of options prob won't hold up well in resale mkt....recall that 360 didn't have this kind of potential MSRP basis variation....and buyers of 430s w/>5K miles typically ain't cash-rich folks....

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    ARMD009 said:
    you said "PCCB is already on-board" on the reg turbo ???




    Turbo S only!

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Both introduced (first cars availabe to dealers) to the GERMAN market at the SAME TIME in June 2006. Now hush hush to your dealer and get your checkbook ready.





    Any word on TCab and TSCab release (presumably simultaneously and in the USA around the same time, as well )?



    Thanks RC.
    They are launching in 997 sequence then. The Turbo cab/Turbo S cab will be out a month or 2 after the coupes.

    Glad I already have my Turbo S cab deposit down and 1st at my dealer.



    Strad, didn't 997S Coupe come out in 8/04 and Cabs in ?3/05?....that's more like a 6-8 mo Coupe vs Cab delay.....makes much more sense to launch a 997TTSCab in early Spring '07 when SF/LA/NYC are all entering their best open-top driving weather....



    Yes but look at how fast they launched 4 Cabs after the 4's. I think they'll launch the Turbo cabs as soon as they're capable. Again they're launching the 4 cabs in the fall/ winter. Don't think that would stop them from launching the Turbo cabs in late Summer. Besides I gotta tell you driving a convertible in this weather is even nicer then in June and July. The last few weeks have been perfect convertible weather in NY.



    Hope you're right on that optimistic timing scenario .....997TTSCab is more profitable to P than the Coupe, so they gotta get it out fast, right?

    Though w/997TTS, 997GT3, the Gayman and ?Cayenne face-lift, P has a lot of launches to fit into a short period....

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55



    Sure, they did. I wonder if they'll think twice when they take the hit trying to upgrade to 997TS.



    Know a few clowns who are planning to trade-in their 996TTS for an early blk/blk 997TTS@launch, w/plan to trade-in that 997TTS 8-12 mos later when they can order a 997TTS w/?DSG, more Exclusive options, etc.....perhaps these misguided folks view the expected resale value hits as justifiable costs of their car addiction....

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Both introduced (first cars availabe to dealers) to the GERMAN market at the SAME TIME in June 2006. Now hush hush to your dealer and get your checkbook ready.





    Any word on TCab and TSCab release (presumably simultaneously and in the USA around the same time, as well )?



    Thanks RC.
    They are launching in 997 sequence then. The Turbo cab/Turbo S cab will be out a month or 2 after the coupes.

    Glad I already have my Turbo S cab deposit down and 1st at my dealer.



    Strad, didn't 997S Coupe come out in 8/04 and Cabs in ?3/05?....that's more like a 6-8 mo Coupe vs Cab delay.....makes much more sense to launch a 997TTSCab in early Spring '07 when SF/LA/NYC are all entering their best open-top driving weather....



    Yes but look at how fast they launched 4 Cabs after the 4's. I think they'll launch the Turbo cabs as soon as they're capable. Again they're launching the 4 cabs in the fall/ winter. Don't think that would stop them from launching the Turbo cabs in late Summer. Besides I gotta tell you driving a convertible in this weather is even nicer then in June and July. The last few weeks have been perfect convertible weather in NY.



    Hope you're right on that optimistic timing scenario .....997TTSCab is more profitable to P than the Coupe, so they gotta get it out fast, right?

    Though w/997TTS, 997GT3, the Gayman and ?Cayenne face-lift, P has a lot of launches to fit into a short period....



    Wiedeking et. al. have their act together. . . .

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55



    Sure, they did. I wonder if they'll think twice when they take the hit trying to upgrade to 997TS.



    Know a few clowns who are planning to trade-in their 996TTS for an early blk/blk [Email]997TTS@launch[/Email], w/plan to trade-in that 997TTS 8-12 mos later when they can order a 997TTS w/?DSG, more Exclusive options, etc.....perhaps these misguided folks view the expected resale value hits as justifiable costs of their car addiction....



    VKSF,

    I'm not one of those "clowns" to whom you refer (I plan to keep my 996TSCab-unless one of my colleagues talks me into selling it to him ), but for those who want a new P car per annum, more power to them-again, the primary motivation to buy these cars is to enjoy life, not to use them as targeted assets for fortifying one's retirement portfolio.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55



    Sure, they did. I wonder if they'll think twice when they take the hit trying to upgrade to 997TS.



    Know a few clowns who are planning to trade-in their 996TTS for an early blk/blk [Email]997TTS@launch[/Email], w/plan to trade-in that 997TTS 8-12 mos later when they can order a 997TTS w/?DSG, more Exclusive options, etc.....perhaps these misguided folks view the expected resale value hits as justifiable costs of their car addiction....



    VKSF,

    I'm not one of those "clowns" to whom you refer (I plan to keep my 996TSCab-unless one of my colleagues talks me into selling it to him ), but for those who want a new P car per annum, more power to them-again, the primary motivation to buy these cars is to enjoy life, not to use them as targeted assets for fortifying one's retirement portfolio.



    Al, I'm a proud member of this clown club that is addicted to getting new P's (and other toys) every few mths....gotta get a launch version and then move on to a bespoke version a few mths later.....can't think of a more pleasurable&versatile daily commuter car (at any price) than the TurboS...

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    yeh, Blk/Blk launch car, then Polar Silver Turbo S Cab with DSG and other goodies

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:

    Al, I'm a proud member of this clown club that is addicted to getting new P's (and other toys) every few mths....gotta get a launch version and then move on to a bespoke version a few mths later.....can't think of a more pleasurable&versatile daily commuter car (at any price) than the TurboS...




    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    is Polar Silver an option (3,000), not in order guide US

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    it's the paint to sample or whatever it's called

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    I can't wait to see what this car looks like without the camo. 9 more months. This is worst than waiting for my son to be born.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I feel sorry for ppl that bought the 996 Turbo S this year, the depreciation is going to own you....



    Unless they build the 997 Turbos in small Ferrari like volumes , expect all current and future Turbos ( and other 911s ) to depreciate pretty much like any euro lux car , esp on this range leading model that those with the means are always upgrading to. Who wants last year's now superceded " best one ever " ?



    I suspect anyone w/a brain who bought a 996TTS knew (and didn't care that) it would depreciate like any other P/SL55.....however, also suspect depreciation costs of a $210Kish 430 Coupe w/CCM, sport seats, engine bay cf, nav, etc (i.e., appropriate equip, not a base flippable 430) driven 15K mi/yr will easily rival those of an appropriately-equipped $155K 996TTS also driven 15K mi/yr.....



    Both driven 15K you might be right. Depends on a lot of things. Under that though - Both at 12k& 10k the Ferrari holds it's value better. At 5k no question. Under 5k you're probably owning the F430 for free and if mint you're making money on the trade in. Right ? Ka-Ching !



    What's going to be interesting to see is how much of a resale value hit CCM, sport seats, engine bay cf, etc. entail....some ?$30Kish worth of options prob won't hold up well in resale mkt....recall that 360 didn't have this kind of potential MSRP basis variation....and buyers of 430s w/>5K miles typically ain't cash-rich folks....



    Disagree about the CCm part. CCM's have the greatest residual from all options.
    And will keep almost all it's cost. Anything adding so much to the cars performance AND looks does well.
    Agree CF in the engine bay will not translate well in the market.

    Re: 997 Turbo and 997 Turbo S

    Strad, the 430 resale value differential of $210K+ MSRP Coupes vs base $185Kish MSRP Coupes will be fascinating to watch over next few mths....
    I always trade-in cars, so I haven't had the comic value of moonlighting as a used car salesguy, but the stories I've heard from F salesguys are amazing...guys have stretched to buy used F's to point where they need to "borrow" toll money from the salesguy to get the car across the Golden Gate Bridge.....
    Clearly, the economic profile of used F buyers is typically very different from guys casually getting new 430s w/every toy they want....
    And I'm sure the used F buyer demographics in LA are even more interesting.....after all, SF is prob world's biggest mkt for new F's, but LA region(which has 3X population of SF region) is easily world's biggest mkt for used F's......

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    748063 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt
     
     
     
     
     
    451123 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 9/19/21 3:33 PM
    WhoopsyM
    166185 1098
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/17/21 8:59 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    65406 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/20/21 8:07 AM
    RCA
    54046 511
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    46467 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    42923 380
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    11974 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    464685 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    384771 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    381230 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    347153 3252
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    335852 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    316994 2646
    Porsche 992 GT3 9/17/21 4:41 PM
    lexs4
    262321 2975
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    249787 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    167392 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    143199 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    117895 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/20/21 2:33 PM
    crayphile
    101430 740
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM
    BjoernB
    92118 1221
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    81979 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    71309 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    71124 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    50537 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 9/14/21 1:11 PM
    BjoernB
    47159 1165
    Others Bugatti Chiron 7/22/21 6:55 PM
    Topspeed
    41891 480
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    39694 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    38422 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30388 394
    270 items found, displaying 1 to 30.