Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Papa's got a brand new bag

Mike, everything ok? Please drop us a quick update.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

Mike, everything ok? Please drop us a quick update.

He has a hard time configuring his 458... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

OOPS! Here are some pics. It is an MY06 build and is one of the last 5 ever produced (not sure which one). Car has 10 miles on the odometer and still has wrapping on the interior as from factory. Car has not even been PDI yet.

We knew it! Fantastic Mike! Finally, this beauty will be added to the garage....

You know we will be expecting way better pics than this one, don't you?

If you don't feel like that, you can fly me in, I'll join you on some testdrives and do all the picture work for you. How does that sound?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Congratulations Mike.

With the original packaging still on parts of the car it is almost in the too good to use category. Smiley 

Congratulations Mike, a CGT on its own is more than cool enough, but to bag a new one after production ended a couple of years ago, a black one at that, nice move!!!

Unless you plan on selling it to me it's a car you should always keep. Enjoy this piece of automotive art! Congrats

BTW, please tell me that it has the basla gear knob, not the CFRP one?
    I know the carbon fibre one would fit better with the interior, but the balsa is such a nice touch...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Thanks guys!

@Joost: I love trees

wonderful ! big congrats !

if only we could import cars more than 1 year old...........

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Many congrats Mike !! that is one great buy. to be honest I'm not sure if your should drive the car of just keep it with all the original wrappings and put it somewhere you could see it every day   In that condition its like a piece of art.

Congratulations Mike, you got yourself an incone

But I thaught you can not drive left hand drive cars in SA ?

What will you do ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Ok now you've done it Mike.  Carrera GT is my favourite car of all time!!!  Many congrats, what a great buy.  As for the ML63 trade in, I see on the other part of this forum that your dealer sucked you into trading it in for a Cayenne instead...oh wait, it's now a Panamera.  Does it ever stop with you Mike? 

Mike, let me just point out that this purchase pretty much tops all the ones we've been able to share and enjoy with you over the past years!  What a beast, you could not have made a better purchase, i cannot believe there would still be a CGT in 2010 for sale in NEW condition!! What a find and steal this is just amazing, you are very fortunate!!! 

I was secretly hoping a few would remain for another 20 years at which time i will have started a career and hopefully be able to buy one. You just brought my dream car!! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Mike, the CGT is fantastic. I always loved this car.
    My sincere congrats. SmileySmiley

And I'd drive the car every day no doubt about.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S (Jun 10) *  BMW X5 M

Wow - congrats. Smiley

Please, please drive this car - don´t use it as a collectors item.

We need more pics.

BlueflameSmiley

If  I were Mike, I would keep that CGT with all the wrappings on in the office, not drive it a single mile. Don't think anyone can find another virgin CGT anymore, this would be the last one. Like paintings and art, a CGT in virgin condition is going to worth many times more in the future.

He is rich enough that he can always find another CGT to buy and drive.

Whoopsy:

If  I were Mike, I would keep that CGT with all the wrappings on in the office, not drive it a single mile. Don't think anyone can find another virgin CGT anymore, this would be the last one. Like paintings and art, a CGT in virgin condition is going to worth many times more in the future.

Exactly my thoughts !!!, I was going to say this, but didn't want to make a debate about it....SmileySmiley

Looking to the factory plastics and wrappings, and no miles, this makes a piece of art and a true collection master piece....., this car in 30 years time, will sell for several millions at a sothebys auction or similar Smiley

But who can be so patience???? Smiley

Mike CONGRATS !!!!!, this is THE MASTER PIECE of your collection !!!!!! SmileySmileySmiley

--

Consdering that Mike can't drive this car on the road because it is LHD, I would suggest that hi intention was always to display this in the living room! Having said that, I think he should take off the wrappings.

Thanks guys! I was planning to drive it as I found a way to drive it on our roads legally It's amazing what you can do with some thorough research!

I'm still contemplating if I should leave it in this state or take off all the wrappings. I never bought this car to make profit off it in the future, although I do entirely understand the value of a such an example. You only live once and I'm sure I would kick myself in the groin for not enjoying it to the full, when I should have.

Whoopsy:

Agree 100%. It belongs inside the house on show, kept unused. Maybe a second one to enjoy. I think impossible to find another like you have. The CGT is the best Porsche ever made, to find an unused one in black is unbelievable.Smiley

vinnie:
    Whoopsy:

Agree 100%. It belongs inside the house on show, kept unused. Maybe a second one to enjoy. I think impossible to find another like you have. The CGT is the best Porsche ever made, to find an unused one in black is unbelievable.Smiley

+1, just like i said before Smiley

i say have it converted to pdk somehow and drive the sh... out of it.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Mike, you paid a big premium for it because it is unused.  So why now use it and destroy the premium you have paid?  Surely you can import a second one for the price of a 911 turbo and use that instead?

Mike S:

Thanks guys! I was planning to drive it as I found a way to drive it on our roads legally It's amazing what you can do with some thorough research!

I'm still contemplating if I should leave it in this state or take off all the wrappings. I never bought this car to make profit off it in the future, although I do entirely understand the value of a such an example. You only live once and I'm sure I would kick myself in the groin for not enjoying it to the full, when I should have.

Driving a CGT is very doable, there will always be another CGT for sale, or a car club with time share on CGT.

But finding another CGT in virgin condition is NEVER going to happen again. You will not find another one in pre-PDI condition, ever. Even Porsche won't have one like that in their museum, factory, anywhere.

Even if you do not consider selling it, it's still going to be a great center piece for your car collection.

Whoopsy:
    Mike S:

Driving a CGT is very doable, there will always be another CGT for sale, or a car club with time share on CGT.

But finding another CGT in virgin condition is NEVER going to happen again. You will not find another one in pre-PDI condition, ever. Even Porsche won't have one like that in their museum, factory, anywhere.

Even if you do not consider selling it, it's still going to be a great center piece for your car collection.

I agree. It must the the only one on the entire planet !!!! Never, ever will that happen again, and this makes it so special .
    On the other hand I understand Mike's reasons for wanting to drive it. He buys cars to enjoy them on the road, not in the garage.

Maybe you realy need to consider getting another one, used one, to enjoy on the road. Surely you can find one much cheaper then the one you got now. Here is one for sale in Switzerlland for about                  $ 440'000 and 8'000 km

http://www.autoscout24.ch/AS24Web/Detail.aspx?from=list&wl=1&lng=fra&id=6542174&qs=from%3dDefault%26zipcountry%3dCH%26make%3d57%26modellike%3dCarrera%2bGT%26cur%3dCHF%26sort%3dtopl%26total%3d7%26eftotal%3d7&page=1&row=1&toplisting_date=1

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

There we go - great!

After all the time still wrapped . Must be a hard decission keeping the wrapping on or going to smoke the pipes!

Black black... the perfect color combo IMO for the GT!!!! I cant wait to see the movies you are going to take

Congrats Mike.

Letting a car sit for years without driving is not good for it. That's why a lot of Ferrari owners get stuck with $10 - $15K maintenance bills for their low mileage garage queens. You owe it to yourself and the car to drive it.

Mike S:

You bought the entire South African road network? 

I hate to be a contrarian but MIke I am not sure this is a wise decision. The car has been sitting unwrapped for almost 5 years. Sitting that long could not be good for the car and it is out of warranty. Its technology is about 10 years old. Porsche will produce the 918 Spyder which is light years ahead in technology and performance and probably will cost you 1/2 of what you paid for the CGT. It also will be limited in production.

Why in the world would you buy this car? 

--

Nick, its the Carrera GT, by far his best car in the stable. It's still fine, just need new fluids and its good to go, it's not a Ferrari, common.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

628420 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    264049 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/2/22 12:14 AM
    watt
    158931 1176
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/30/22 10:36 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    149800 418
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/4/22 9:54 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    132320 572
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    67399 1
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 10/3/22 2:01 PM
    Grant
    2941 20
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM