Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Stradale - I found one

    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Don't let your taste be tarnished by relativity, the F430 is a wonderful car by every strech of the imagination, but its greatness does not lie in its scarcity. That is falsely fabricated...





    Find a new 430 at msrp anywhere in the US and I will buy it for you. And if you can't you owe me a dollar. See if its scarcity is "falsely fabricated"....... Take the bet?



    Stradale, after months of searching, I have a very good lead on a new F430 at MSRP. I'm going to follow up and check it out in the morning, I'll let you know which dealer to send the check to....and to help you out a little, I'll cover the cost of shipping to Florida. Thank's bud, you're the best.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    I may beat you to it and get it for just a bit more than MSRP.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Here is where people start running... fast...

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Don't let your taste be tarnished by relativity, the F430 is a wonderful car by every strech of the imagination, but its greatness does not lie in its scarcity. That is falsely fabricated...





    Find a new 430 at msrp anywhere in the US and I will buy it for you. And if you can't you owe me a dollar. See if its scarcity is "falsely fabricated"....... Take the bet?



    Stradale, after months of searching, I have a very good lead on a new F430 at MSRP. I'm going to follow up and check it out in the morning, I'll let you know which dealer to send the check to....and to help you out a little, I'll cover the cost of shipping to Florida. Thank's bud, you're the best.



    Now I'd PAY to see Stradale's face if you really get a 430 at MSRP .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Okay, just let me know the details when you have them even though the bet was w/ Hurst.

    ps: If it doesn't happen, I expect my $1 then from you too.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Okay, just let me know the details when you have them even though the bet was w/ Hurst.

    ps: If it doesn't happen, I expect my $1 then from you too.



    I bet FSU will like you very much very soon .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    [
    Stradale, after months of searching, I have a very good lead on a new F430 at MSRP. I'm going to follow up and check it out in the morning, I'll let you know which dealer to send the check to....and to help you out a little, I'll cover the cost of shipping to Florida. Thank's bud, you're the best.



    with respect, i don't believe it. that said i hope you prove me wrong!

    ignacio

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    FSU-997S, help a brother out here

    Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    FSU-997S, help a brother out here

    Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?



    A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Are you buying it or a regular customer? If it is your position that by calling around a dealership is selling YOU a 430 they have sitting on the floor for MSRP; dream on. NO way.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    FSU-997S, help a brother out here

    Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?



    A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .



    Well, this is all fun and games, of course, if Stradale feels generous, I won't be one to decline

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    FSU-997S, help a brother out here

    Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?



    A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .



    Well, this is all fun and games, of course, if Stradale feels generous, I won't be one to decline



    I know I wouldn't .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    FSU-997S, help a brother out here

    Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?



    A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .



    Well, this is all fun and games, of course, if Stradale feels generous, I won't be one to decline





    Just as I wont decline that $1 you're going to send me.

    So what's the deal anyway, are we waiting for FSU to confirm he found a new car at msrp? How long do we wait?

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    He's choosing among a few cars on the lot as we type .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....



    Oh, man. How's that for disappointment.

    Hey, Stradale! If I find a 430 at MSRP here, will you buy it?

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....



    Oh, man. How's that for disappointment.

    Hey, Stradale! If I find a 430 at MSRP here, will you buy it?




    "here" as in Europe? No bet.

    FSU - I'll send a courier for that dollar bill today. At least you're honest.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....



    Oh, man. How's that for disappointment.

    Hey, Stradale! If I find a 430 at MSRP here, will you buy it?




    "here" as in Europe? No bet.

    FSU - I'll send a courier for that dollar bill today. At least you're honest.



    Is it even worth it for you to pay a courier to get $1?

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    i'm still wondering why this is in the 997 Turbo section

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....



    It so happens that FSU-997S is a Ferrari dealer and he and I were in cahoots all along to swindle Stradale out of some MSRP $$.
    We would then, subsequently split the yields and buy lesser, mortal cars (probably Porsches? ).

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....



    It so happens that FSU-997S is a Ferrari dealer and he and I were in cahoots all along to swindle Stradale out of some MSRP $$.
    We would then, subsequently split the yields and buy lesser, mortal cars (probably Porsches? ).



    Should've called me. I could ship a new 430 there from Europe and sell it at MSRP .

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.



    I want to be sure I understand your post. Are you saying your dealer has a four year wait for the Turbo and most of the buyers are speculators?

    What are they drinking or smoking in FL? One of the last cars I would buy as an investment is a Porsche. I believe dealers are playing the car up because it is clear now that the Turbo is a GT and not a drivers car. They are trying to raise its prospects.

    Also, a four year wait is pure baloney. In S. California if I wanted to spec out a car I could have it by early 2007.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.



    I want to be sure I understand your post. Are you saying your dealer has a four year wait for the Turbo and most of the buyers are speculators?

    What are they drinking or smoking in FL? One of the last cars I would buy as an investment is a Porsche. I believe dealers are playing the car up because it is clear now that the Turbo is a GT and not a drivers car. They are trying to raise its prospects.

    Also, a four year wait is pure baloney. In S. California if I wanted to spec out a car I could have it by early 2007.



    Clearly, he's saying the four year wait is for the F430.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.




    4 year wait for the F430?

    Problem being the F430 isn't going to be in production for another 4 years,,,,,, is sold out for the rest of it's production cycle and the new car will be in even more demand than the 430 is currently so the problem.

    ps: A $47k premium for a used F430 so you can understand why I said you couldn't find an avaliable new one at msrp. And it's basically the same give or take no matter where in the US you look but that's what I was trying to tell you guys when a few didn't believe me.

    I will sell you my F430 at the end of 2007 though when the 430CS comes out. Figure $30k-$40k premium (depending on milaege probably 5 or 6k miles in a year) over msrp split between myself and my dealer.

    Re: Stradale - I found one

    4 years worth of allocations spoken for a new F430, or its replacment.....

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    690523 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 2/4/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    323299 1204
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/4/23 12:13 PM
    DJM48
    221836 1345
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206417 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187708 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/20/23 10:57 PM
    Pilot
    133110 58
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58497 68
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    484036 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 2/1/23 7:03 AM
    GnilM
    479784 3807
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    234359 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232326 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202321 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198460 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 2/4/23 3:54 PM
    cnc
    197380 2063
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    192644 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165209 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162224 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158330 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    144880 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 2/3/23 10:38 PM
    blueflame
    142652 526
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139688 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138712 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137173 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 2/4/23 1:10 AM
    WhoopsyM
    129743 1576
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108537 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107388 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105165 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80343 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32678 438
    Motor Sp. MotoGP 6/6/22 11:49 PM
    watt
    31756 328
    164 items found, displaying 1 to 30.