Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The Black replace a yellow

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley YOuhouuuuu. What a beast. Fantastic car and really happy for the choice. i don't regret my change. My yellow GT3 will miss but the Turbo s is justSmiley Great for a daily car.

So lets share with you some pics down near the Diablerets or Col de la croix Swiss french Mountains. Staad is not far from here.

Diablerets station.

1378494488452IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0530.JPGIMG_0532.JPGIMG_0529.JPG

going up the col de la croix bringing us to Villars ski station. This road is used in winter for our Porsche driving school winter training

1378494647800IMG_0534.JPG1378494647857IMG_0539.JPG1378494647878IMG_0540.JPG

1378494861680IMG_0541.JPG

Arriving on top of it, we can enjoy the lovely Panamera, oups SmileyPanorama

IMG_0543.JPGIMG_0544.JPG

And last one that i do find nice to look at but also to listen to itIMG_0542.JPG

So that was it for today maybe some other, another time in another season and place. Smiley

--

997 GT3, 997 GT3 Cup; Cayenne S; Audi TT; Birel Kart; John Deer.

Re: The Black replace a yellow

Beautiful car, congrats!

Fantastic car and scenery!1378530807899n_man_in_love.gif

Being in the Swiss countryside with a Porsche Turbo S! 

If there is Heaven, this must be part of it.

Enjoy in good health wink

--

"Form follows function"

Magnificent car in wonderful settings, many thanks for sharing Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Very nice.. How are you finding it to drive after the GT3?

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Thanks to all of you.

The car is totally different then the GT3, you drive it differently, the front of the car is much more heavier then the GT3.

The GT3 is really focus on the race and track, once you have choose your way to go in a curve or line the car goes there and stay in the line you have chosen. the car has a light front and it's really precise.

The Turbo is more a GT with alot of horse power. i have the feeling that the turbo ask to be more agressif with it. You have to bring it where you want it to go. With the GT3 also but it was more easy, the car demand it less. The front of the turbo is really heavy and you feel it in the steering weehl. I remember Roland fron the Hanseat loved the car and could do everything with it but his car was not original anymore, so no comparaison. with the turbo all original, you have to drive it correctly and then you can enjoy it.

i haven't been testing it really to the 100% but i could see yesterday as i was taking my picture in the pass de la croix, that the car was, depending of the setting Sport, sport plus or normal that the car had his differencies. It's a nice feeling but for today, i still give the best point to the GT3 for drive, now let's give me some time to discover the Turbo.

--

Interesting.. I'm sure you'll have fun learning how to get the best from it.. Enjoy!

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Interesting.. I'm sure you'll have fun learning how to get the best from it.. Enjoy!

i'm also sure about it. for my need of today, the Turbo S is a fantastic car.

--

The understeer is an issue but you can learn to get around it, same goes to the turbo lag at certain rev figures.

Beautiful car indeed, thanks for sharing the photos. blush

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Many congrats on the car and many thanks for posting the amazing photos...kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Just come bag from a little trip to test the sound of the akrapovic pipe. Result is really good. i just feel that it goes with the car.

i will get around the understeer session, i'm sure i'll found a better way.

--

Cram:
    DaveGordon:

Thanks to all of you.

The car is totally different then the GT3, you drive it differently, the front of the car is much more heavier then the GT3.

The GT3 is really focus on the race and track, once you have choose your way to go in a curve or line the car goes there and stay in the line you have chosen. the car has a light front and it's really precise.

The Turbo is more a GT with alot of horse power. i have the feeling that the turbo ask to be more agressif with it. You have to bring it where you want it to go. With the GT3 also but it was more easy, the car demand it less. The front of the turbo is really heavy and you feel it in the steering weehl. I remember Roland fron the Hanseat loved the car and could do everything with it but his car was not original anymore, so no comparaison. with the turbo all original, you have to drive it correctly and then you can enjoy it.

i haven't been testing it really to the 100% but i could see yesterday as i was taking my picture in the pass de la croix, that the car was, depending of the setting Sport, sport plus or normal that the car had his differencies. It's a nice feeling but for today, i still give the best point to the GT3 for drive, now let's give me some time to discover the Turbo.

The affect of AWD. To some it is a feeling of numbness.

what I really momently miss the most from my GT3 is the Manuel gearbox.

--

You can substantially reduce understeer with a proper chassis alignment, which unfortunately is not the factory applied alignment and it might have a negative impact on tire tread and lifetime. Good 911 Turbo tuners usually know how to donthe job, I would however recommend Mr. Lieb from RUF for this job, he is also close (well, almost) to the Swiss border.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Cram:
    DaveGordon:

Thanks to all of you.

Turbo S is more about POWER Smiley congrats fir your brand new and beautiful toy Smiley

J.Seven

RC:

You can substantially reduce understeer with a proper chassis alignment, which unfortunately is not the factory applied alignment and it might have a negative impact on tire tread and lifetime. Good 911 Turbo tuners usually know how to donthe job, I would however recommend Mr. Lieb from RUF for this job, he is also close (well, almost) to the Swiss border.

yes I know, my team that is doing Porsche cup with me, they told me to do the chassis and they've done it before with good results. But I want first drive the car like it's and if I feel the need to do something, i'll. but anyway thanks.

--

J.Seven:
    Cram:
    DaveGordon:

Thanks to all of you.

Turbo S is more about POWER Smiley congrats fir your brand new and beautiful toy Smiley

J.Seven

Exactly, but also about pleasure. Thank's

--

Cram:
    J.Seven:
    Cram:
    DaveGordon:

Thanks to all of you.

J.Seven

Exactly, but also about pleasure. Thank's

For me power is pleasure Smiley I more the kind of guy who prefers the Turbo to GT3, but the perfect is indeed the GT2, 2RWD is the key Smiley. Anyway at the moment Turbo S is the best buy you can make, it offers performance from out of this world with a price of this world.

J.Seven

Great car.... amazing power! Enjoy it cram.... and take care on your license as rules are crazy in your country!

Love the fact it has an great exhaust..... means a lot if the car sounds good!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    629689 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

389507 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 7/4/21 12:06 PM
    nberry
    91572 1094
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/28/21 4:07 PM
    pgouveia
    49468 354
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    37436 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34919 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/2/21 4:14 PM
    lexs4
    21732 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5755 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    447859 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    373835 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 6/22/21 5:42 PM
    Topspeed
    373443 3917
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    336304 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    312779 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    282867 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    239509 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    163666 1379
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/31/21 11:32 PM
    bvineyards
    150207 2840
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    139628 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM