Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    i put down the order...not really...

    Yesterday i went to my dealer to put down the order..but..

    In the Porsche dealers order form on the PC there is no words of Meteor Gray..in the car configurator there is the code Q9 or Q7 if i remember right..but nothing in the dealers order form..
    So..tomorrow my dealer will contact Porsche Italia to know more..and more also on the Exclusive option..to know definitively if from August production there will be the availability of CGT seats,roll bar etc..
    He must also ask for the painted rims..
    from my point of view the rims of the Turbo are just painted partially Meteor gray,so why i must pay the painted rims if they are just painted?
    And again,the steering wheel with carbon insert is only multifunctional,but is not the "sport" version..so he must ask also if there is a steering wheel with carbon insert but no multifunction...

    he tell me that he think than on the order form they have now there is only the necessary to order first cars..then ,in a few days there will be all to order the car in production from August..
    First car he will receive in June will be CGT silver,with PCCB etc..really well optioned and expensive..

    He confirmed mine september delivery..six months of waiting..again


    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Please let us know about the availbility of the CGT seats. I would really like them. Please provide the code for that if its available!

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    manual or tip dario?

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    manual..

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Did you try the clutch at Geneva? 'Manly' I would say. It's not for those with a weak left leg! Back to the old days...

    "manly" clutch

    next time ask for the key and turn on the engine - you might find that the clutch seems a little easier to push in

    Re: "manly" clutch

    Powered/servoed clutch? On a Porsche? Is this a turbo thing?

    Re: "manly" clutch

    Dario, the waiting phase is the worst and best part both.....

    Re: "manly" clutch

    Dario .traditore !

    the sport steering wheel is unavaible with carbon iserts ..

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Dario, Meteor Grey is not available before August, earliest. This is what I heard lately, I don't know if this is accurate information.
    The CGT shells may not be available at all or a less expensive and heavier version WITH thorax airbags.
    Either way, they won't be available for the first half of the MY 2007 (all 997 Turbo are MY 2007 cars).

    I give you a little hint and I think I gave it before to you: if you want to get a car as soon as possible, order it NOW. The more you wait, the better the chance that you end up with a car end of this year or even later.

    I wouldn't trust your dealer too much regarding "promises" because most dealers don't know yet how many cars they get before the factory summer vacation and even shortly after. So there is a good chance that you end up with no car in Sept.

    I may be wrong, I don't know your dealer but as far as I heard, only slightly over 200 cars are available for the whole Germany before the factory shutdown in summer and even after the factory vacation, the availability of cars will be limited for a few weeks or even months.

    To give you another hint: some official Porsche dealers in Germany get only one car as far as I heard before the summer holiday. ONE. And this is actually the showcar they need to do the presentation for customers.

    So I wish you good luck but if you really want to get a 997 Turbo to your personal specs and with everything inside it, you better not hope for an early delivery.

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Thanks Christian..

    but..i don't whant to have the car before July but with options i don't like...

    My dealer tell me that he have one car before the factory vacation..maybe two..but not Meteor gray becouse as you said is from August production..and with PCCB and other options..

    Mine will be the first from the "second "slot..free to specs how i nedd..

    Is one year and half that me and my dealer are really "friends" so..i don't think he whant to take joke of me..or at least i hope..

    this week maybe i must know something more..

    ciaoo

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Dario, Meteor Gray in the GT3 material I picked up from Geneve is 'planned for 08/2006' so that matches what RC heard. I suppose they will introduce the colour at the same time for both models.

    I'm going GT3 but my dealer told me that if I ordered a TT on 28/2 for sure I wouldn't see my car before 2007. and there are only 7 in front of me. They say that they are going to be much rarer than the 996 TT.

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    John,thanks for the update..

    My 997 TT has the deposit down from May 2004... so i wait september only to have the Meteor gray,not becouse i have too much people in front of me..

    Sure..finally it seems that Porsche whant to sell the 997 TT in a good way,to try to save the resale value for his customer.....but i don't what to belive to much in this theory

    ciaoo

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    I hear what your saying, but I guess I was just damn lucky. I was able to spec my car out exzactly how I wanted, and the dealer tells me it's the very first car they're getting, perhaps they're selling me their demo car, but let me spec it out? Sometime around an April build with a June delivery.

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    zeroHero said:
    I hear what your saying, but I guess I was just damn lucky. I was able to spec my car out exzactly how I wanted, and the dealer tells me it's the very first car they're getting, perhaps they're selling me their demo car, but let me spec it out? Sometime around an April build with a June delivery.


    Congrats!

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    [I give you a little hint and I think I gave it before to you: if you want to get a car as soon as possible, order it NOW. The more you wait, the better the chance that you end up with a car end of this year or even later.



    I discussed with the company that imports Porsche here in Switzerland, and at the moment, they said they do not know how they are going to manage the huge demand and numbers orders received until now. The 997TT is selling like crazy

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    zeroHero said:
    I hear what your saying, but I guess I was just damn lucky. I was able to spec my car out exzactly how I wanted, and the dealer tells me it's the very first car they're getting, perhaps they're selling me their demo car, but let me spec it out? Sometime around an April build with a June delivery.



    Yes, dealers usually sell their "demos" configured to specs because most of them get only one car before the factory shutdown and there isn't really the need for a demo since the 997 Turbo sells pretty well right now.

    BTW: if your location is the US (Florida?), you won't see your car before July 8th.

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    I have seen the sample of meteor grey, it kinda looks like seal grey (a lot actually) but it is a bit darker,like slate (that brownish kind)...

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    My dealer just called me and informed me that i can place the final order till tomorrow...
    He also told me that i will receive my car on June (as i was 2nd on the waiting list) and that the car here in Greece with the taxes costs 190.000 euros.. (WITHOUT EXTRAS)
    so I asked him how much will it cost me if I wanted PCCB Sport Chrono, Automatic Gearbox (YES RC YOU WON), Sport Seats, and a Parking assist, and he told me that it would be about 218.000 euros..
    I canceled the order of the car, and now i am first on the waiting list for Gt3 RS.
    In the first sec of my conversation i tought to buy the automatic gearbox... (manual was not an option for me),

    But later I thought what are you ready to do.. to give 220.000 euros for an AUTOMATIC CAR ??

    Now my last chance to buy an other Porsche (AND NOT THE 2007 Gallardo) is the 997 RS. (as i will definetly sell my 997 2S cabrio).

    Lets see...

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    $220,000 Euro's for a Porsche?

    My god, they are going to be building at least 5000 of them per year if not more. Can you imagine the depreciation on this car? As JC would say;

    EPIC!

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    $220,000 Euro's for a Porsche?

    My god, they are going to be building at least 5000 of them per year if not more. Can you imagine the depreciation on this car? As JC would say;

    EPIC!



    You'd pay the same or even more for an F430. In Europe, to top it off!
    Nick, when will you learn that what counts isn't exclusivity? With somewhat bigger numbers comes the assurance, that we won't have glue coming out of the vents, staining the leather

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    $220,000 Euro's for a Porsche?

    My god, they are going to be building at least 5000 of them per year if not more. Can you imagine the depreciation on this car? As JC would say;

    EPIC!



    Did i mention that for my F430 spider I paid 280.000 euros ?!
    Taxes is the biggest problem here in Greece for cars above 2000cc ... Government earns SO MUCH money from good cars...
    And nowadays think that we have a reduction of 25%.
    Before 5 years cars were REALLY expensive...

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !



    Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !



    Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???



    No. But his Cayenne does

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !



    Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???



    Rossi the change holder in the center divider holds a Starbuck coffee cup perfectly.

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !



    Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???



    Rossi the change holder in the center divider holds a Starbuck coffee cup perfectly.



    That's great! Ands I'm serious

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will not tell you what I was offered for my 430 Spider. But here is a hint...biblical!

    Fortunately, though I put a great deal of emphasis on money value and return, I cannot drive around in any car with a pocket full of dollars and get the same enjoyment I get from driving the Spider. AS they say " LIVE BIG!"



    Now this IS a good post! Spoken like a true enthusiast! A Starbucks-posing, cup-holder-using entusiast, but an enthusiast nonetheless !



    Nick has CUP-HOLDERS in his Spider???



    Rossi the change holder in the center divider holds a Starbuck coffee cup perfectly.



    Well, I really do have to try this. You will be in serious trouble Nick, if I spill my coffee...

    Re: i put down the order...not really...

    Quote:
    Rossi said:


    Well, I really do have to try this. You will be in serious trouble Nick, if I spill my coffee...



    Well try to drink coffee in a F430 and you will bring back from the dead, Enzo Ferrari.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    628476 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    264062 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/2/22 12:14 AM
    watt
    158957 1176
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/30/22 10:36 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    149822 418
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/5/22 2:19 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    132524 577
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    67405 1
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 10/5/22 3:56 AM
    BONES
    3074 21
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    563108 3587
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    465736 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    429626 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    421267 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/5/22 3:08 PM
    Wonderbar
    410917 3724
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    176709 1446
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    176538 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    149532 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    145229 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/5/22 1:57 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    139437 1841
    Porsche GT4RS 10/4/22 10:59 PM
    M3ike
    133660 1127
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    113033 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    108654 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    106136 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    94649 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 9/25/22 5:17 PM
    blueflame
    89613 498
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    88993 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    87432 722
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    85485 443
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 10/5/22 3:36 PM
    WhoopsyM
    70975 1382
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    58093 335
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    58071 640
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    28916 418
    188 items found, displaying 1 to 30.