Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    FULL info here: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=296318&an=0&page=0#296318

    Front.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Turbo front picture.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Hi RC, thanks for the pics!

    Is it just me or does the current Cayenne look better?

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hi RC,

    Is it just me or does the current Cayenne look better?



    Personally, I think the facelifted version looks more attractive because the design seems to be more "fluent", don't know how to explain it in English.
    Still...the body is almost the same, so I guess the real design "breakthrough" comes with the Cayenne successor which is rumored to be more Porsche-like and less SUV-like.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Cayenne S front.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Cayenne V6 rear.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Cayenne Turbo rear.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Cayenne S rear.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    @RC

    Thank you


    But damn : Cayenne S only 0.2 sec faster while V6 is 1.0 sec and Turbo is 0.5 sec faster

    Why only 0.2 sec


    And no words about faster tiptronic



    Any more news RC ?
    Gregor

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    More news? Isn't this enough?

    Cayenne V6 front.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Comparison: Cayenne Turbo and Cayenne V6 front look.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    The new cars are looking stunning.

    HP increase of the Cayenne is great, 8.1 sec from 0 to 100 km/h is fair enough for the six-pack. Think this car will attract many new buyers and old ML and X5 clients.

    Thanks RC for fast information!

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    nice job Porsche!

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    The new cars are looking stunning.

    HP increase of the Cayenne is great, 8.1 sec from 0 to 100 km/h is fair enough for the six-pack. Think this car will attract many new buyers and old ML and X5 clients.

    Thanks RC for fast information!



    My pleasure.

    Btw: I still think that the V6 isn't powerful enough to be a "true" Porsche but I also think you're right, it will sell much better now. However: a DIESEL is still missing and as much as I try to understand Porsche's decision against a Diesel Cayenne, I can't stop thinking about it.
    I'm a hardcore Porsche fanatic and I would really be interested in a Cayenne Diesel (how about a V10 Diesel with 400 HP or so? ) but Porsche apparently is afraid they "shock" their customers. I highly doubt it, I even think that a Diesel could help the Cayenne to sell much better, especially in Europe.

    The Cayenne S now finally sounds like a nice deal to me, still not a very impressive power upgrade but for this kind of money, I would choose the Cayenne S over the new BMW X5 4.8i.

    Oh, I forgot to add something: apparently Porsche has a powerkit ready too for the Cayenne Turbo, introduction (if it comes) should be autumn 2007. Rumored power: 540-550 HP, top speed aprox. 280 kph.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    I definitely like the new design better for both the Cayenne & the Turbo.
    I can see that the tacky cheapskates will still be able to buy a Cayenne and stick on the "S" emblem. (still don't know how they can take this car in for service without a bag over their head)

    Any word yet on U.S. pricing?

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Hi!

    I've made a little maths:

    V6 : +16% hp + 24% Nm = 1.0 sec faster
    CT : +11% hp + 13% Nm = 0.5 sec faster

    and CS is nearly in the middle (regarding hp and Nm) of them:

    CS : +13% hp + 19% Nm = but only 0.2 sec faster


    Due to the law of series the Cayenne S must be about 0.7 sec faster instead of 0.2 sec.


    Could be that the Cayenne S has now the triptronic as standard ? This would result in a 0.6 sec faster acceleration ( 7.2 --> 6.6 ).


    Any comments


    Best Gregor

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Sidney1-

    If you've ever driven the std. Cayenne then you'll understand why the performance was bumped up the most... it's a dog!
    I imagine they re-geared the car so that it has more quickness to 100kph. Anyone who hasn't driven it is in for a rude surprise. (even my c.s.r. at Porsche thought it was a horrible car)

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Any pics of the interior?

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    @SoCalHoosier

    Glad that Porsche did 1 sec for the V6 but I'm disappointed about the 0.2 sec on the CS.

    Even BMW 4.8i with only 355 hp and 475 NM did 0-100 in 6.5 sec - and that with automatic transmission


    If 6.6 is not done by auto transmission the triptronic time will be about 7.0 sec : That's 0.5 sec slower than BMW with a more powerful engine build in than BMW


    Porsche - what happened ?
    Gregor

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Thanks RC!

    Great information and photos. I'm surprised with the chassis inovations. This facelift is definitely more than skin deep. That stuff about greater axle articulation off-road was pretty interesting.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    I like the facelift, except for the front turn indicators on the S and V6. It doesn't look right. Should be horizontal as well

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Hi RC,

    completly agree. The Cayenne should have a Diesel. As you stated a high power V10 machine would help dramatically to sell this boy toy in Europe.

    I know many X5, ML Drivers which would change over to Porsche immediatley. Next to the consumption, the high torque is a good reason for a Diesel in such a car. Even myself, I would consider getting one.

    Regarding the Cayenne and CayenneS - yes - I agree, too. I never driven the Standard Cayenne, but 8.1 sounds ok for me. But - I've driven one of the first CayenneS and had to say what a brick. Didnt like it at all. So you may be right, that even the update is not fast enough for a Porsche!

    L@rs

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    The facelift is actually how the Cayenne should have looked from the start three years ago. Design-wise, the car is still no masterpiece but definetely better looking than the first Cayenne generation.
    It is sad that as a loyal Porsche customer, early buying is actually punished...always. This is one thing I do NOT like about Porsche, first buyers should be awarded, not "punished".

    I'm not sure however if this facelift helps the Cayenne to achieve better sales figures.
    Why not? Well, the Cayenne still weights too much, is still consumes too much fuel (especially the Turbo) and the missing Diesel is a real dealbreaker in most european countries, especially in Germany.

    I like how the facelift looks alike but considering the low resale value of my Cayenne Turbo (high fuel consumption, high theft rate, etc.) in Germany, I definetely won't sell my Turbo Powerkit to get the facelifted Turbo.
    As a new buyer, I'm not sure I would go for the facelift since in 2-3 years, a completely new Cayenne generation should be ready, rumors indicate a launch after the Panamera introduction.

    That said, I'm a little bit disappointed with the facelift.
    On the other hand, I don't think that anybody really is surprised that Porsche uses the same "old" facelift strategy, something I actually don't like about Porsche.
    A facelift should only include minor changes and changes under the hood, this facelift however is a major change.

    This evening, I'll post a picture with the new and old Cayenne one next to each other for comparison. You'll understand very fast what I mean.

    The next family car will definetely be something else.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Quote:
    RC said:
    The facelift is actually how the Cayenne should have looked from the start three years ago. Design-wise, the car is still no masterpiece but definetely better looking than the first Cayenne generation.
    It is sad that as a loyal Porsche customer, early buying is actually punished...always. This is one thing I do NOT like about Porsche, first buyers should be awarded, not "punished".

    I'm not sure however if this facelift helps the Cayenne to achieve better sales figures.
    Why not? Well, the Cayenne still weights too much, is still consumes too much fuel (especially the Turbo) and the missing Diesel is a real dealbreaker in most european countries, especially in Germany.

    I like how the facelift looks alike but considering the low resale value of my Cayenne Turbo (high fuel consumption, high theft rate, etc.) in Germany, I definetely won't sell my Turbo Powerkit to get the facelifted Turbo.
    As a new buyer, I'm not sure I would go for the facelift since in 2-3 years, a completely new Cayenne generation should be ready, rumors indicate a launch after the Panamera introduction.

    That said, I'm a little bit disappointed with the facelift.
    On the other hand, I don't think that anybody really is surprised that Porsche uses the same "old" facelift strategy, something I actually don't like about Porsche.
    A facelift should only include minor changes and changes under the hood, this facelift however is a major change.

    This evening, I'll post a picture with the new and old Cayenne one next to each other for comparison. You'll understand very fast what I mean.

    The next family car will definetely be something else.



    The V12 Diesel Q7 would probably do well for your needs.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Is this adventurous modern cowboy the key target audience?

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    I do not find anything exiting about this face lift.
    It does look slightly more aggressive because of the thinner front lights, and it looks....new... That's it ! The back is nothing then a slight change, not better, not worse.

    The power increase is good, the Cayenne S being now maybe more interesting then the Turbo ( cheaper, less fuel and fast enough for a family car)

    But I don't think it will sell well enough in the next 2/3 years, it not new enough and the new X5 will be much better looking.

    I have to change my wife's' X5... I don't know what to get yet.... need space for 3 children in the back... Cayennes s , don't think so. X5 diesel..maybe, Q7 V10..too big, GL... boring but maybe practical....

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    I do not find anything exiting about this face lift.
    It does look slightly more aggressive because of the thinner front lights, and it looks....new... That's it ! The back is nothing then a slight change, not better, not worse.

    The power increase is good, the Cayenne S being now maybe more interesting then the Turbo ( cheaper, less fuel and fast enough for a family car)

    But I don't think it will sell well enough in the next 2/3 years, it not new enough and the new X5 will be much better looking.

    I have to change my wife's' X5... I don't know what to get yet.... need space for 3 children in the back... Cayennes s , don't think so. X5 diesel..maybe, Q7 V10..too big, GL... boring but maybe practical....



    I think you may realize how much the design changed, when you see both cars next to each other. HUGE difference, believe me.

    The new X5 actually looks like...the old one. There isn't much difference at first look. I like the new X3 3.0sd very much, it is the first Diesel car I would be interested in. Maybe the Q7 V12 Diesel too, don't know.

    With three children, I would probably opt for the GL420 CDi, very powerful engine (V8 bi-turbo with 306 HP) and a lot of interior room.

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Hi all!

    Webspecial on Porsche site available now

    Cayenne Facelift


    All Cayennes will get the Sport-button known from 997


    Best
    Greg

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Thanks RC .

    So what's left for Porsche to introduce in Detriot and Geneva besides the GT2?

    Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

    Quote:
    Sidney1 said:
    All Cayennes will get the Sport-button known from 997




    As standard.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 2/19/24 6:03 PM
    watt
    562472 1759
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    372346 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    251256 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 1/2/24 11:19 PM
    Grant
    206111 290
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    37351 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 2/19/24 9:07 AM
    RCA
    1987 25
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    837590 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    717101 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM
    crayphile
    444755 1276
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    369444 1526
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    353592 797
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    334011 2401
    Porsche GT4RS 2/20/24 11:09 PM
    Grant
    333311 1415
    Lambo Aventador and SV 3/30/23 1:59 PM
    CGX car nut
    276422 724
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/21/23 8:09 AM
    the-missile
    256057 550
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 1/30/24 3:38 PM
    Enmanuel
    253038 645
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    229115 812
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    216804 488
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    204989 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    143598 101
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    133701 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    104582 144
    AMG Bought a muscle car... 3/26/23 3:31 PM
    WhoopsyM
    103964 303
    Ferrari [2022] Ferrari Purosangue (SUV) 4/15/23 5:20 AM
    watt
    98627 141
    Others Valkyrie final design? 4/28/23 2:45 AM
    Rossi
    95076 219
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    93330 685
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    87505 303
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 12/14/23 11:51 AM
    DuckieRS
    74844 186
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/20/24 4:30 PM
    Pilot
    73378 292
    Motor Sp. VW Group at Le Mans 3/14/23 7:37 AM
    Spyderidol
    41847 156
    134 items found, displaying 1 to 30.