Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    The redesigned German Car Fans website is up today, and I found these spectacular images there, hope they haven't been posted before.

    This is what you should have gone for RC, grey is for wimps

    Beep beep!

    T
    /uploads/30472-cayenne_roadrunner_1.jpg

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    2
    /uploads/30474-cayenne_roadrunner_2.jpg

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    3
    /uploads/30475-cayenne_roadrunner_3.jpg

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    RC, CF... Doesn't this remind you of something?...
    --Pierre

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    These images popped up on another forum a few days ago.

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Haha, this must be the FIFTH thread with the roadrunner. All previous 4 got deleted

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Big roll cage.

    J.Seven

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    RC & CF,

    Any specs on this bad boy?

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Cayenne Turbo, stock engine, stripped-out (lighter weight), 4 bucket seats (aka GT3 seats), full rollcage, etc.
    --Pierre

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Hey Pierre, are you that guy that posted a videos of a 911 turbo on the snow doing some donuts and stuff about a year ago???

    Woshhhh...

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    I feel like I came too late to the party. I can't open Temm's attachments.

    What did I miss?

    fritz

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    paulorangelmelo said:
    Hey Pierre, are you that guy that posted a videos of a 911 turbo on the snow doing some donuts and stuff about a year ago???


    Yes, he's the man
    And now he forgot about us, flat6-ers

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    fritz said:
    I feel like I came too late to the party. I can't open Temm's attachments.

    What did I miss?

    fritz



    I try to explain: the pictures were made on Porsche factory grounds. Porsche doesn't want to see these pictures on the net (yet) and they're not approved for publishing. I think you know how things work.
    We drove this Porsche last time in Leipzig and it was a blast. But please try to understand that we want to have a good relationship with Porsche and therefore we sometimes have to make compromises. It is for our best and for the best of the information flow of this forum. I know it sounds like censorship but sometimes there is a reason for something not to be published. We're a private forum and not a commercial forum which makes money with sensational pictures, information, etc. We sacrifice a little bit of sensation for trust. Our Users trust us and I hope Porsche trusts us. This is a very good relationship to provide as much accurate information as possible to the sake of everybody.

    And now I stop this bla bla bla...

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    RC,

    Thanks for the straight answer. You just confirmed what I had already guessed.

    I can also go along with your explanation. There are plenty of forums out there which are strong on sensationalism and weak on facts, so they don't get my trust either.

    fritz

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    RC, didn't you mention, that Porsche would NEVER build a Club Sport version of the cayenne, because it makes no sense??

    i think its a question of time until Michelin builds the Pilot Cup in 20"...

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    I didn't know that.....sorry

    T

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    RC said:
    I try to explain: the pictures were made on Porsche factory grounds. Porsche doesn't want to see these pictures on the net (yet) and they're not approved for publishing. I think you know how things work.




    Christian, I don't get it. The pics that were posted in this thread were taken by someone else, obviously during a visit of the factory. So if Porsche lets the Roadrunner hit the track when visitors are around, they're fully aware that it can (and will) be seen and photographed.

    It's of course your forum and your choice to censor them...

    Greetings,
    --Pierre

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Foud this in germancarfans.com:

    In Antwort auf:

    Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner
    Photos courtesy Titchati.be
    04-24-2004


    From a www.carpassion.com member. Translation:
    "This Cayenne Turbo was optimised by the internal education department of the Leipzig Porsche factory. It has 4 seat shells (like a racing car), a roll-over bar and is lighter than the normal car. The sound of the V8 is a pleasure for every fan. The car is used as "taxi" for demo laps at the Porsche test course there. Basically this would be the Porsche-equivalent of the BMW Ringtaxi."

    For those of you who read German, here's the original message at carpassion: "Der Cayenne Turbo wurde von der Abt. Berufsausbildung der Porsche AG "optimiert".

    Er hat vier Einzelsitze (Rennschalen), einen Käfig und wurde gewichtsmäßig deutlich reduziert. Der Sound lässt jeden V8 Fan auf die Knie fallen, einfach irre.

    Das Fahrzeug steht im Werk Leipzig und wird dort für Demorunden auf der Prüf- und Einfahrstrecke genutzt, also für "Taxifahrten"."

    Cheers,

    Chris





    Adnan

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    In Antwort auf:
    mumbasic said:
    Foud this in germancarfans.com:

    In Antwort auf:

    Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner
    Photos courtesy Titchati.be
    04-24-2004


    From a www.carpassion.com member. Translation:
    "This Cayenne Turbo was optimised by the internal education department of the Leipzig Porsche factory. It has 4 seat shells (like a racing car), a roll-over bar and is lighter than the normal car. The sound of the V8 is a pleasure for every fan. The car is used as "taxi" for demo laps at the Porsche test course there. Basically this would be the Porsche-equivalent of the BMW Ringtaxi."

    For those of you who read German, here's the original message at carpassion: "Der Cayenne Turbo wurde von der Abt. Berufsausbildung der Porsche AG "optimiert".

    Er hat vier Einzelsitze (Rennschalen), einen Käfig und wurde gewichtsmäßig deutlich reduziert. Der Sound lässt jeden V8 Fan auf die Knie fallen, einfach irre.

    Das Fahrzeug steht im Werk Leipzig und wird dort für Demorunden auf der Prüf- und Einfahrstrecke genutzt, also für "Taxifahrten"."

    Cheers,

    Chris





    Adnan



    Right, and if somebody hit or make some Scratch in that car, i will kill them
    This car was a lots of work...

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    rsv said:
    RC, didn't you mention, that Porsche would NEVER build a Club Sport version of the cayenne, because it makes no sense??





    Porsche never built a Cayenne Clubsport version, one reason why these pictures aren't cleared for publishing. This is no "official" prototype.

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    pierre said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    I try to explain: the pictures were made on Porsche factory grounds. Porsche doesn't want to see these pictures on the net (yet) and they're not approved for publishing. I think you know how things work.




    Christian, I don't get it. The pics that were posted in this thread were taken by someone else, obviously during a visit of the factory. So if Porsche lets the Roadrunner hit the track when visitors are around, they're fully aware that it can (and will) be seen and photographed.

    It's of course your forum and your choice to censor them...

    Greetings,
    --Pierre



    Pierre, I wish it was that simple but it isn't.

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Adnan, the information from germancarfans is not quite accurate.

    Re: Porsche Cayenne Roadrunner

    Quote:
    paulorangelmelo said:
    Hey Pierre, are you that guy that posted a videos of a 911 turbo on the snow doing some donuts and stuff about a year ago???




    Yep!... I pleade guilty.
    And Brunner, I haven't forgotten F6. It's just I'm currently very busy, and there was way too much 'noise' there recently.

    Greetings,
    --Pierre

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    629689 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    389509 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 7/4/21 12:06 PM
    nberry
    91572 1094
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/28/21 4:07 PM
    pgouveia
    49470 354
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    37436 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34919 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/2/21 4:14 PM
    lexs4
    21734 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5755 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    447865 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    373837 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 6/22/21 5:42 PM
    Topspeed
    373444 3917
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    336304 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    312779 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    282879 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    239510 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    163667 1379
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/31/21 11:32 PM
    bvineyards
    150211 2840
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    139628 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    113318 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/30/21 4:07 PM
    WhoopsyM
    96736 735
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM
    BjoernB
    80163 1221
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    78586 209
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    67380 824
    Lambo Aventador and SV 7/10/21 1:17 AM
    4trac
    67163 697
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    64576 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    46738 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 7/22/21 6:55 PM
    Topspeed
    38436 480
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    35217 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    35197 615
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 7/31/21 9:40 PM
    Gladstone
    30012 1117
    269 items found, displaying 1 to 30.