Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration times

    A dutch carmag tested m3 v8 vs rs4

    Acceleration times:

    RS4 M3
    0 - 20km/h: 0.8s 0.5s
    0 - 40km/h: 1.7s 1.6s
    0 - 60km/h: 2.5s 2.4s
    0 - 80km/h: 3.8s 3.7s
    0 - 100km/h: 5.1s 4.8s
    0 - 120km/h: 6.8s 6.5s
    0 - 140km/h: 8.6s 8.3s
    0 - 160km/h: 11.0s 10.2s
    0 - 180km/h: 13.8s 13.1s
    0 - 200km/h: 17.2s 16.0s

    100-200 in 3th&4th: 12.1s 11.2s
    100-200 in 4th: 13.2s 14.0s
    100-200 in 5th: 16.0s 16.6s
    100-200 in 6th: 20.8s 20.7s

    Braking:
    100-0 in: 36.4m 33.8m
    200-0 in: 148.1m 141.9m

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration times

    That's very surprising.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    The M3 is certainly quick at 10.2 to 160km/h and 16.0 to 200km/h. Quicker than a 997 Carrera S...........just.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    I'll take the RS4. Four doors, better passenger arrangements for a sports sedan. Of course just my opinion!

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Don't forget that a 4 door M3 is going to be part of the model line up this time around. And the mules spotted on test (and posted on various BBs) have the front end from the E92 coupe fitted as opposed to the regular saloon/sedan from the E90 which IMHO makes the car look far more attractive and distinctive from the regular 3 series 4 door models.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    I'll take the RS4. Four doors, better passenger arrangements for a sports sedan. Of course just my opinion!



    Silver M3 sedan testing, available sometime next year:
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76639

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Expected numbers , since the RS4's AWD adds 300-400 lbs or more over an M3 with similar power outputs. It's as if the RS4 carries two larger adults in the back seat, at testing time !

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Expected numbers , since the RS4's AWD adds 300-400 lbs or more over an M3 with similar power outputs. It's as if the RS4 carries two larger adults in the back seat, at testing time !



    Yeah, the ricers who work at BestBuy are getting heavier these days....must not be getting the salads at McD's....

    They'll just need to move up from these little ricer-mobiles and emulate their rapper brethren....get a large SUV w/XXL wheels and XXL cupholders (and extra-dark tinted windows of course)....

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    WBH said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Expected numbers , since the RS4's AWD adds 300-400 lbs or more over an M3 with similar power outputs. It's as if the RS4 carries two larger adults in the back seat, at testing time !



    Yeah, the ricers who work at BestBuy are getting heavier these days....must not be getting the salads at McD's....

    They'll just need to move up from these little ricer-mobiles and emulate their rapper brethren....get a large SUV w/XXL wheels and XXL cupholders (and extra-dark tinted windows of course)....



    I was being kind in not actually defining " larger " in today's demographics .

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    WBH said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Expected numbers , since the RS4's AWD adds 300-400 lbs or more over an M3 with similar power outputs. It's as if the RS4 carries two larger adults in the back seat, at testing time !



    Yeah, the ricers who work at BestBuy are getting heavier these days....must not be getting the salads at McD's....

    They'll just need to move up from these little ricer-mobiles and emulate their rapper brethren....get a large SUV w/XXL wheels and XXL cupholders (and extra-dark tinted windows of course)....



    I was being kind in not actually defining " larger " in today's demographics .



    Need to consider the BestBuy culture to know the M3 buyer base.....

    Have been joking for years w/colleagues that the miracle of US innovation&capitalism (aside from the obvious financial/tech stuff) is that our food companies are exporting obesity to RoW rapidly and our iPods (and media/entertainment businesses) are rapidly exporting the inability to read/count...or at least the ability to "get by" w/o learning to read/count...

    Auto mfrs. need to take notice....and develop even bigger cars/SUVs for heavier dudes in US/China/EU (screw the tight-fit sport seats; what was so wrong w/bench seats? ) who can't read/count (need more "interesting", profitable leases/extended warranties ) but enjoy their rap music and XXL cupholders/food trays (staying obese is a full-time job ).....and want whatever car/SUV is in their favorite rapper's latest video....

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    omg i cant believe BMW screwing this up!
    why are they making 4 door M3 now?? oh yeah cause both the MB C63AMG and the RS4 4 door models will be able to keep up or be faster??? so what does that say about the 2door M3?!?! lol i guess we will see even more posers buying one of those little M3s..

    i wonder how they will feel when they are followed closely by a family of 4 in an AUDI...

    hahaha what happened to BMW? they used to be all about sporty rides in a way..

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    FYI this is not the 1st time that M3 comes in 4 door, last one being E36 M3/4 from 1997~1998. So pls save that "why are they making 4 door M3 now?? and BMW used to be all about sporty rides in a way....

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    omg i cant believe BMW screwing this up!
    why are they making 4 door M3 now?? oh yeah cause both the MB C63AMG and the RS4 4 door models will be able to keep up or be faster??? so what does that say about the 2door M3?!?! lol i guess we will see even more posers buying one of those little M3s..

    i wonder how they will feel when they are followed closely by a family of 4 in an AUDI...

    hahaha what happened to BMW? they used to be all about sporty rides in a way..



    Yeah......or, how does it make the 911S owner feel when THAT M3 speeds past.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Oh wow, BURN Devo!!! Anyway, this means very little to nothing (0-100 ish times) oh well. Anyone these days can make a car go very fast, I am interested in how it handles... and the braking times SHOW how well the car will handle.

    Seems to me that many individuals who have been saying that an RS4 is better need to rethink a few things. (Keep in mind, I don't think a RS4 is a good comparison for the M3...)

    I additionally don't think a 911 is a good comparison for the M3 either. In my own humble opinion, if I was on the track and I had an option (911 or New M3)... I would take the 911 every time (it's a sports car...a proper one). The M3 to me is a luxury but sporty 3 series.

    The M3 CSL is a different beast... but the M3 is for the people that want more power, but don't necassarily want a larger car to get it. Essentially most buyers of an M3 have considered a Porsche or AMG CLK or C class ... to that extent even a 545 (these days a 550) or a an E550 --- but bigger doesn't mean better. So what is a decent size and has alot of power and handles well but doesn't beat you up too badly when driving to work? the M3 or a porsche 911.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    0two9 said:
    Oh wow, BURN Devo!!! Anyway, this means very little to nothing (0-100 ish times) oh well. Anyone these days can make a car go very fast, I am interested in how it handles... and the braking times SHOW how well the car will handle.

    Seems to me that many individuals who have been saying that an RS4 is better need to rethink a few things. (Keep in mind, I don't think a RS4 is a good comparison for the M3...)

    I additionally don't think a 911 is a good comparison for the M3 either. In my own humble opinion, if I was on the track and I had an option (911 or New M3)... I would take the 911 every time (it's a sports car...a proper one). The M3 to me is a luxury but sporty 3 series.

    The M3 CSL is a different beast... but the M3 is for the people that want more power, but don't necassarily want a larger car to get it. Essentially most buyers of an M3 have considered a Porsche or AMG CLK or C class ... to that extent even a 545 (these days a 550) or a an E550 --- but bigger doesn't mean better. So what is a decent size and has alot of power and handles well but doesn't beat you up too badly when driving to work? the M3 or a porsche 911.



    I prefer the 911S to the M3; although given the choice between a base 911 and the E92 M3, I'd go M3.

    I find it funny how some members discredit the M3 just because it's not a PORSCHE. I am not saying that you are, but that sentiment has ben very prevelant.

    Personally, one of the virtues of the M was it's price point relative to the performance it supplied. Unfortunately, the new M is likely to approach 911 territory. If that happens, it's a no brainer, for me.

    Lastly, the M has been clocked faster than the 911S 0-100 mph.

    It's not a Porsche 911, but it's an impressive car, that deserves repect.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    I give it all the respect that it is due (to the point that I have one on order). However, I am begining to second guess myself, I guess. The new M3 is and will be what I expect it to be, however, is it better than just a normal C2? Body wise, I don't think so. Sound wise, I don't think so... it may be faster but will it do the same thing a 911 will do for me? I dunno, I will have to see. A 911 C2 and a M3 will cost about the same amount of money when they are released here in the states... so, I don't know where I stand. But yeah, I like the new M3.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Quote:
    0two9 said:
    I give it all the respect that it is due (to the point that I have one on order). However, I am begining to second guess myself, I guess. The new M3 is and will be what I expect it to be, however, is it better than just a normal C2? Body wise, I don't think so. Sound wise, I don't think so... it may be faster but will it do the same thing a 911 will do for me? I dunno, I will have to see. A 911 C2 and a M3 will cost about the same amount of money when they are released here in the states... so, I don't know where I stand. But yeah, I like the new M3.



    I also have one on order, and... am also second guessing my choice. I will have to see the car and read more comprehensive tests of the M. As far as the sound...from what I can tell, the M's V8 sounds better than the base 911 w/o PSE. It will probably be a different story from the cockpit, but that V8 sounds pretty impressive.

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    i think the RS4 which tested by Car mag. was convertable , and its heavier than the for doors around 150 Kg

    Re: First M3 V8 vs RS4 review wtih acceleration ti

    Numbers presented in the first post is for a 4-door Rs4. Those numbers are from a dutch carmag.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    479550 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/18/21 10:58 PM
    Leawood911
    174779 1150
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 10/14/21 6:25 PM
    bluelines
    68516 382
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/26/21 8:39 AM
    Porker
    61971 646
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    47852 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/26/21 3:26 AM
    Leawood911
    47363 447
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13073 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    470889 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    387851 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/20/21 6:01 PM
    Topspeed
    383252 3919
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    349459 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    319093 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/22/21 10:59 AM
    reginos
    271026 3051
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    252941 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    168649 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    119088 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    103402 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    94409 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82863 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    72840 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    72645 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    51455 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/26/21 9:25 PM
    Leawood911
    49562 1217
    Others Bugatti Chiron 10/16/21 4:53 PM
    crayphile
    43111 486
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    40586 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39445 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30793 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    27733 370
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 10/25/21 8:03 PM
    WhoopsyM
    27416 785
    Porsche GT4RS 10/26/21 7:33 PM
    WhoopsyM
    27218 434
    256 items found, displaying 1 to 30.