Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    great vid and great looking car kreso, thanks!!engine sound is nice too.

    Quote:
    william said:
    sounds like DSG gearbox.


    sounds more like a standard auto box for me, gearchange sounds too slow for a dsg..

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    great vid and great looking car kreso, thanks!!engine sound is nice too.

    Quote:
    william said:
    sounds like DSG gearbox.


    sounds more like a standard auto box for me, gearchange sounds too slow for a dsg..



    I agree, I think it is manual.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Looks like they have changed the design of the rear lights lately, doesn't go all the way out to the edge of the fender anymore. Old on top, new below.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Yes, it does go all the way to the edges, they are using red tape to cover it! BTW, rear lights on new pics are the final one.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, it does go all the way to the edges, they are using red tape to cover it! BTW, rear lights on new pics are the final one.



    This is the current Audi-design for their rear lights. Just compare to those of the new TT, looks exactly the same!

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, it does go all the way to the edges, they are using red tape to cover it! BTW, rear lights on new pics are the final one.



    We probably mean the same KresoF1
    I'm thinking about the silver strip that has made an appearance on the latest photos, here indicated by the blue arrow.

    But I guess I will find out for real on friday

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Those "Silver strip" are actually reverse gear LEDs! Rear lights of R8 use the same elements as new TT lights just in different design...

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Is it going to be faster than any stock 996 TT tiptronic

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Is it going to be faster than any stock 996 TT tiptronic



    I would say probably close to it.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Ok, cool. Can't wait until friday.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Rear lights of R8 use the same elements as new TT lights just in different design...



    Cool, it is nice to hear that my car will have some elements same as R8 have

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Those "Silver strip" are actually reverse gear LEDs! Rear lights of R8 use the same elements as new TT lights just in different design...



    You're right, as usual, KresoF1. You can see it in the video, at about 1:00 when it reverses into a parking space.
    Why didn't I notice that before

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Here is a link:

    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/23/video-the-audi-r8-undisguised-and-unleashed/

    The best video yet! Recorded in USA... Can wait to get my R8!



    hey Kreso,

    according to the new AMS the R8 will not be availble with DSG or automated, only manual. do you know any different? cheers

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Yes, I also got I chance to read article in new AMS.
    True, new R8 will be available as manual only until new 7speed S-Tronic(DSG) is ready(early 2008). But, IMO it is not a bad thing. R8 is a true sportscar, not some kind of GT Coupe. And too many people are simply forgetting that S-Tronic(DSG) is closer in character to Tiptronic autobox then to manual...

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, I also got I chance to read article in new AMS.
    True, new R8 will be available as manual only until new 7speed S-Tronic(DSG) is ready(early 2008). But, IMO it is not a bad thing. R8 is a true sportscar, not some kind of GT Coupe. And too many people are simply forgetting that S-Tronic(DSG) is closer in character to Tiptronic autobox then to manual...



    Yeah right, R8 is no GT Coupé like SL55, DB9, Continental GT or ...



    ... 997tt.

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, I also got I chance to read article in new AMS.
    True, new R8 will be available as manual only until new 7speed S-Tronic(DSG) is ready(early 2008). But, IMO it is not a bad thing. R8 is a true sportscar, not some kind of GT Coupe. And too many people are simply forgetting that S-Tronic(DSG) is closer in character to Tiptronic autobox then to manual...



    Yeah right, R8 is no GT Coupé like SL55, DB9, Continental GT or ...



    ... 997tt.



    Yes, it's more likely to be a prissy, softie car, such as those overhyped 430s .

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, I also got I chance to read article in new AMS.
    True, new R8 will be available as manual only until new 7speed S-Tronic(DSG) is ready(early 2008). But, IMO it is not a bad thing. R8 is a true sportscar, not some kind of GT Coupe. And too many people are simply forgetting that S-Tronic(DSG) is closer in character to Tiptronic autobox then to manual...



    Yeah right, R8 is no GT Coupé like SL55, DB9, Continental GT or ...



    ... 997tt.



    Yes, it's more likely to be a prissy, softie car, such as those overhyped 430s .



    If you call the F430 a softie car, I guess you are a lookalike of the incredible Hulk.

    Well, I always thought you are a little bit "green".

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    pity, I would have preferred an electronic shifting system for this modern car. it would have given it an advantage on the Ps of this world...

    Re: New Audi R8 Video!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, I also got I chance to read article in new AMS.
    True, new R8 will be available as manual only until new 7speed S-Tronic(DSG) is ready(early 2008). But, IMO it is not a bad thing. R8 is a true sportscar, not some kind of GT Coupe. And too many people are simply forgetting that S-Tronic(DSG) is closer in character to Tiptronic autobox then to manual...



    Yeah right, R8 is no GT Coupé like SL55, DB9, Continental GT or ...



    ... 997tt.



    Yes, it's more likely to be a prissy, softie car, such as those overhyped 430s .



    If you call the F430 a softie car, I guess you are a lookalike of the incredible Hulk.

    Well, I always thought you are a little bit "green".



    I only turn green when one of these prissy cars rolls by. Then I get angry and crush it to bits. And after that, I take it to the recycling bin , to save the planet and protect the atmosphere from spontaneous combusting Ferraris. If everybody were like me, there'd be no more global warming .

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    690332 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 1/29/23 2:19 AM
    watt
    322878 1192
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 1/26/23 4:09 PM
    W8MM
    221671 1340
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/28/23 3:45 AM
    Spyderidol
    206321 465
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    187645 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/20/23 10:57 PM
    Pilot
    133025 58
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/30/22 2:30 PM
    GnilM
    58450 68
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    524178 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/25/22 1:02 AM
    CGX car nut
    483794 2663
    Porsche 992 GT3 1/31/23 2:38 PM
    RCA
    479168 3798
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 1/21/23 3:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    234195 1491
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    232223 774
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    202208 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    198339 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 1/31/23 5:27 PM
    Leawood911
    197053 2048
    Porsche GT4RS 12/30/22 1:28 AM
    JAMS
    192565 1194
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    165132 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    162182 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    158288 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    144841 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 1/3/23 10:08 PM
    blueflame
    141950 509
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    139651 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    138691 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    137158 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 1/13/23 3:57 PM
    Leawood911
    129531 1572
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    108506 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    107353 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    105137 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    80318 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    32650 438
    166 items found, displaying 1 to 30.