Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Well after months of much deliberation and countless hours of post searching/surfing and a series of posts requesting pics I have finally (I think) decided on my color and options choice for my special order 2009 C4s.

    Here it is:

    GT Silver w/Carrera Red Interior (may remotely consider AS with red or Meteor with Nat Brwn)
    Manual transmission

    Options:
    Short Throw Shifter - XCZ
    Adaptive Sport Seats - P01
    Park Assist System - 635
    Self Dimming Mirrors - 267
    Sport Chrono Pkg Plus - 640
    Thicker Steering Whl - XPA
    Bi-color Interior Instructions - 970
    Deviating Carpet - 24951 (dark gray or blk)
    Heated Seats - 342
    Floor Mats Dev. Carpet Color - 810
    Dynamic Corner Lights - 603
    Phone Prep Bluetooth - 619
    Univ Audio Interface - 870
    Bose Audio - 680
    Sport Exhaust - 176
    17 mm rear Wheel spacers
    5 mm front wheel spacers

    So what do ya think? Am I missing any special options? As I have a January build with a March delivery booking my order has to be confirmed with all options by early November.

    This is a 41 year dream come true for me and my first ever P car. I know some of you may not like the color combo but I am essentially buying to enjoy for many years and not thinking about re-sale as the primary motive.

    Welcome any thoughts and suggestions! A special thanks to all of you for helping me decide over the many months of contemplation.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Personally, I think the Bose audio is money better spent on another option or cash saved, as you are mainly paying for the cache of the Bose brand name and a slight change in audio with the additional speakers, but I'm not buying that you get that much better of a music listening experience, especially in a 911.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Minok:

    Not having experienced the Bose in a C4s I appreciate your input. Will have to try it before I buy it! Thanks.

    BTW, where abouts r u in the PAC NW? I am in PDX.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I have had 2 new facelift C2S the first had Bose the second hasnt and to be honest I dont miss Bose at all - cant really tell that much difference (I am no audiophile).

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    My suggestion, buy what you want, drive the hell out of it and enjoy the results!
    Good luck you won't regret it!

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Is sport exhaust now available? When is your build date?

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    hinckley said:
    Is sport exhaust now available? When is your build date?



    As from 02/09.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I would add:
    ventilated seats 541
    cruise control 454
    door pockets lighting CEF
    rear footwell lighting CEE
    black dials 022

    and if you are not a sound connoisseur save the cost of BOSE, the standard package is good enough for listening.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Congratulations on a great spec. and best wishes! These are cars, IMHO, worth waiting a lifetime to own! In response to your question, I have the GPS Navigation module for PCM in my '08 C4S and would not order a car without it. Whether you are on a trip, or just out in the country in an unfamilar area, it will always get you home or back to a main road/highway. I also understand that the system for your car is much improved.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Thanks gang for the input and the replies. I am now re-considering dropping Bose as I am mostly listen to AM radio and the occasional Ipod album on long drives. Not really an audiophile.

    Considered the NAV but prefer the portable system and it is far less expensive and easy to update.

    Regards.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    pretty good spec as is. have fun waiting.....it's part of the process.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I have a couple of questions... I thought the spacers front and rear are the same at 5mm? and why no PDK? have you tried it and not liked it? I am very succeptable of it, and I feel it is just a glorified Tiptronic, but have you tried it? plus it will highly impact your resale...

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Marawan:

    Never considered PDK as I have always preferred a manual.

    As for the spacers, the dealers offer a 17 mm spacer for the rear which I understand comes standard with the XRR wheel option. I also understand that you can install it with other 19" wheels.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I've always had manuals, and once a tiptronic... hated it... I know what you mean... but the performance difference with the PDK is tremendous... i feel purchasing a 2nd generation 997 without a PDK is just as good as buying a 1st generation 997... in fact an older 997 with X51 power kit (if you can find one) would be a fantastic manual... almost GT3 like... I drove one once...

    As for the 17 mm spacers, are you sure they are porsche factory parts??

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    mnalla said:
    Marawan:

    Never considered PDK as I have always preferred a manual.

    As for the spacers, the dealers offer a 17 mm spacer for the rear which I understand comes standard with the XRR wheel option. I also understand that you can install it with other 19" wheels.



    I don't believe that the 17mm (or 5mm) spacer comes with the XRR wheels. The wheels have a more aggressive offset. They also use 305mm tires vs. 295mm.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I will check with the local dealer on the 17 mm spacers and report back. I was told by one of the sales reps at the dealer that the XRR does have a wider offset but also includes 17 mm spacers in the rear and nothing in the front.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Good to welcome another member in the worldwide P-family. It goes without saying that YOU choose/spend/enjoy the way you build your car, yet if I'm allowed to comment let me say this. Go either for a sports-oriented spec or for a luxury (but conservative) touch, don't try in anyway to mix the best of those worlds apart. E.g. how could the heavy adapted seats with their heating system add value to the sheer driving pleasure guaranteed by your manual gearstick and your sports throw shifter. To my taste P-cars are always sports speced. In any case don't forget the Navi and the cruise control.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    I think XRR comes with 13mm spacers at the rear but that may just be in the UK????

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    mnalla said:
    Marawan:

    Never considered PDK as I have always preferred a manual.

    As for the spacers, the dealers offer a 17 mm spacer for the rear which I understand comes standard with the XRR wheel option. I also understand that you can install it with other 19" wheels.



    PDK is a manual it just doesn't have one of those old fashioned foot operated clutches.....

    Wheel spacers

    I believe that the 17mm rear wheel spacers come standard with the XRR Sport wheel on the C4S and C4 models because of the wider rear quarter panels.

    Re: Wheel spacers

    It was discussed somewhere on this forum that 17mm spacers are standard on the C4 and C4s, to take care of the offset rear fenders.
    I would keep the bose, i appreciate the sound quality while I am waiting for the wife... and engine is off!
    I would go for the Tel module 666 instead of the 619
    When I got my first 911 after 20 dreaming years, saving on few options was not an option for me!

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Hi
    I listen to AM radio a lot too. My first Porsche had terrible AM reception with the windshield antennae. I would recommend adding the AM antennae option. It is a very dramatic improvement in clarity. Plus, it is a free option! My current 2006 has the antenna mounted on the roof just above the rear glass. I believe the new 2009 will have it mounted on the right front fender.

    Congratulations and welcome to the P club.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Thanks all for the additional comments and suggestions.

    C2Nerves: How is the 666 different from the 619?

    schobydoby: Is the AM antennae the same as the rod version that sticks out of the roof? For 2009 I do not see a different version other than the roof mounted stick. Do you happen to know the option code details for 2009.

    Analysi...: I appreciate the sport versus lux perspective. For me this is a touring sports car that may see the track only a couple of times a year at best.

    Thanks.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    mnalla said:
    Thanks all for the additional comments and suggestions.

    C2Nerves: How is the 666 different from the 619?




    From what I know 666 not for USA; only 618 and 619 offered. But check it out with dealer to be sure.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    mnalla said:
    Well after months of much deliberation and countless hours of post searching/surfing and a series of posts requesting pics I have finally (I think) decided on my color and options choice for my special order 2009 C4s.

    Here it is:

    GT Silver w/Carrera Red Interior (may remotely consider AS with red or Meteor with Nat Brwn)
    Manual transmission

    Options:
    Short Throw Shifter - XCZ
    Adaptive Sport Seats - P01
    Park Assist System - 635
    Self Dimming Mirrors - 267
    Sport Chrono Pkg Plus - 640
    Thicker Steering Whl - XPA
    Bi-color Interior Instructions - 970
    Deviating Carpet - 24951 (dark gray or blk)
    Heated Seats - 342
    Floor Mats Dev. Carpet Color - 810
    Dynamic Corner Lights - 603
    Phone Prep Bluetooth - 619
    Univ Audio Interface - 870
    Bose Audio - 680
    Sport Exhaust - 176
    17 mm rear Wheel spacers
    5 mm front wheel spacers

    So what do ya think? Am I missing any special options? As I have a January build with a March delivery booking my order has to be confirmed with all options by early November.

    This is a 41 year dream come true for me and my first ever P car. I know some of you may not like the color combo but I am essentially buying to enjoy for many years and not thinking about re-sale as the primary motive.

    Welcome any thoughts and suggestions! A special thanks to all of you for helping me decide over the many months of contemplation.



    Good choice mnalla! Car configuration is also a question of taste...so on some things, if you like them you will be happy with it (i.e. color combo). And I am sure you will be happy with it.

    Not sure if you need corner lights...?

    Give the PASM Sport a try, with a test drive. I have it on my Carrera S (MY09) and love it!

    Beside....enjoy your car!

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    mnalla said:
    C2Nerves: How is the 666 different from the 619?




    With the 619, you only get a bluetooth connection so you may use the car handsfree system
    With the 666, you get telephone module with bluetooth SAP whereby:
    1-you get to control your phonebook from PCM,
    2-the inbuilt telephone module antenna takes over from your phone (saving your phone battery)
    3-your sim card stays in your phone
    I find it strange that 619 is not offered in USA. Are you sure? doesnt make sense.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    666 isn't used in the USA much. A large percentage of the mobile phone providers in the US do not use GSM as their technology, but use CDMA (I believe) and these other technologies do not use SIM cards. So built in phone or the bluetooth profile for using the phone's SIM card would be useless to a large number of mobile phone users in the US.

    I want to pick my phone carrier based on the signal availability where I normally drive around, and not on the technology they use to implement their network and if it works with my car, so the full hands free profile bluetooth prep is the one I went with. I'd LOVE to have gone with the SIM card 666 version.... unfortunately I live in the USA, where that would restrict me.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    Quote:
    Minok said:
    666 isn't used in the USA much. A large percentage of the mobile phone providers in the US do not use GSM as their technology, but use CDMA (I believe) and these other technologies do not use SIM cards. So built in phone or the bluetooth profile for using the phone's SIM card would be useless to a large number of mobile phone users in the US.

    I want to pick my phone carrier based on the signal availability where I normally drive around, and not on the technology they use to implement their network and if it works with my car, so the full hands free profile bluetooth prep is the one I went with. I'd LOVE to have gone with the SIM card 666 version.... unfortunately I live in the USA, where that would restrict me.



    I've looked into the US order guide and option 666 is not even listed.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    yeah you are right. I have the latest configurator and it's not there.

    Re: My 2009 C4s spec ... your thoughts pls!

    WHAT?!!! Cruise control not standard? It was standard on my Boxster! Thanks for the heads-up, though - I will confirm that with the OPC tomorrow when I go for the test drive. If it is not standard, I will add that, definitely - it kept me in check during all those highway drives dotted with speed cameras!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    583053 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    358562 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86669 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/8/21 9:11 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    44876 342
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35449 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    33257 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/6/21 4:40 AM
    4trac
    16575 342
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4472 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    564466 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    404708 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    357938 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/29/21 7:24 AM
    GnilM
    354727 3494
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    315943 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    310109 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    217651 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    189475 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    161234 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138277 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/7/21 4:00 AM
    CGX car nut
    119225 2267
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    106226 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77285 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 4/29/21 3:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    70999 1163
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    65006 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    64098 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    57144 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    43491 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/21 3:42 PM
    RCA
    36700 476
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34078 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/7/21 5:56 AM
    GnilM
    30501 462
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    28828 385
    273 items found, displaying 1 to 30.