Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    First Maserati which looks great... I dont like Quatroporte design, and Maserati Coupe / spyder doesnt look remarkable - someone who dont know cars will not not that Coupe is anything special. But interior is great, my friend got spyder cambiocorsa and I couldnt belive that menu on display had Slovenian language. This even BMW, Mercedes, Audi (which are very frequent brands here) doesnt have. And this V8 engine sounds really great. Only exterior design they had to improve and with new GranTurismo they did great job on this area. There are some similarities with RX8 at the front, but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car...

    Is price range already known ?

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Shakal wrote: "...but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car..."
    Really? Look at the 911 and you will see a car which doesn't have any similarities to other cars.
    The Maserati Gran Turismo looks very good but the 911 is the unbeaten design-champion. The original.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    farina said:
    Shakal wrote: "...but its hard to make a car which doesnt have any similarities with any car..."
    Really? Look at the 911 and you will see a car which doesn't have any similarities to other cars.
    The Maserati Gran Turismo looks very good but the 911 is the unbeaten design-champion. The original.



    Porsche`s design is evolution and not revolution. That means 998 problably wont look very different to 997, just a little more fresh. And because of this, Porsche`s design is more discernible than any other car. And this is reasion why Porsche doesnt have similarities with other cars, because they stick to their original design ; and all other manufactures changing design.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    I think we should wait till we can see the car in the flesh! The QP didnt look that great in the pics but in the flesh, it looked above and beyond!!

    Patience my friends

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    this looks really nice ...a perfect maserati style, agressive but classic, it's the perfect fusion between style and prestanda, and you have 4 seats if it's true that the car is almost 5 meter long!!!!!!! this is a MB CL bmw & and jaguar competitor.....
    I love it..... this is no sport car like 911, but a perfect GT car with comfort and style...

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    i guess its ok...i wish maserati would draw some inspiration from some of the stunning cars of the 1950's...the ag6 zagato comes to mind.. but then compared to the 70's- 80's fright pigs this is better

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Superb looking. Really highlights how aged the current Coupe looks...

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Ugly!!! Looks like the las car from Peugeot!!! And I have already see it for real and it is not a nice car. Looks cheap and bad made.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Ugly!!! Looks like the las car from Peugeot!!! And I have already see it for real and it is not a nice car. Looks cheap and bad made.



    Harsh words from someone who has seen the car in flesh...

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Ugly!!! Looks like the las car from Peugeot!!! And I have already see it for real and it is not a nice car. Looks cheap and bad made.



    Harsh words from someone who has seen the car in flesh...



    But where?

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Love the styling cues from the Birdcage. A bit boring though , no passion.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    xander71 said:
    where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????



    Let's just say that because of my job I got to see some of the new cars coming from Fiat group before they come out.... sorry can't tell you more.... I'll loose my job, just that the car is really not beautiful the whay that italian cars used to be..for me it is a dissapointment.. just look at the dimesnions of the wheel arches, are bigger than the tyres section (with time I will made a photosop to explain better) and the front end where the lights and nose look like they have been designed after a night in the pub!...and is the same opinion of fellow coleagues working with me. See it in Geneva next month and if you like it go on buy it!

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:
    where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????



    Let's just say that because of my job I got to see some of the new cars coming from Fiat group before they come out.... sorry can't tell you more.... I'll loose my job, just that the car is really not beautiful the whay that italian cars used to be..for me it is a dissapointment.. just look at the dimesnions of the wheel arches, are bigger than the tyres section (with time I will made a photosop to explain better) and the front end where the lights and nose look like they have been designed after a night in the pub!...and is the same opinion of fellow coleagues working with me. See it in Geneva next month and if you like it go on buy it!



    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    everyone who seems to have seen the car in person said that it was stunning and i am talking about important car dealers and people on this forum. you seem to be the first to disagree

    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:
    where have U seen the car....not even around Modena has anybody seen it..they keep it so secret.....??????



    Let's just say that because of my job I got to see some of the new cars coming from Fiat group before they come out.... sorry can't tell you more.... I'll loose my job, just that the car is really not beautiful the whay that italian cars used to be..for me it is a dissapointment.. just look at the dimesnions of the wheel arches, are bigger than the tyres section (with time I will made a photosop to explain better) and the front end where the lights and nose look like they have been designed after a night in the pub!...and is the same opinion of fellow coleagues working with me. See it in Geneva next month and if you like it go on buy it!


    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    LB said:
    everyone who seems to have seen the car in person said that it was stunning and i am talking about important car dealers and people on this forum. you seem to be the first to disagree



    As you said, the people you are talking about have to SELL the car, whereas ed_moree doesn't.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    You are right Rossi, I'm not a seller so for that I can say what I think about the car.

    And one more think, if the car is so stunning I would like to see how many of you will change your 911, Merc, BMW, or Aston for it? Or maybe your Lambo or your Ferrari to trade it in and get the Maserati? Don't think so.... I have the feeling that neither of you will do it.....They have to tell you that the car is good looking because they want to make a profit with it. Me I'm just saying what I think about the car and the impresion that give me. Try to not see the Maserati logo on the car and see if you like it then!!! That is the way you should see it!!! Hope you got my point.

    Also I can tell you that I have seen this car almost one year and a half ago for the first time so I even had the time to get used with it, and it still look like a Peugeot.... sorry....

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    You are right Rossi, I'm not a seller so for that I can say what I think about the car.

    And one more think, if the car is so stunning I would like to see how many of you will change your 911, Merc, BMW, or Aston for it? Or maybe your Lambo or your Ferrari to trade it in and get the Maserati? Don't think so.... I have the feeling that neither of you will do it.....They have to tell you that the car is good looking because they want to make a profit with it. Me I'm just saying what I think about the car and the impresion that give me. Try to not see the Maserati logo on the car and see if you like it then!!! That is the way you should see it!!! Hope you got my point.

    Also I can tell you that I have seen this car almost one year and a half ago for the first time so I even had the time to get used with it, and it still look like a Peugeot.... sorry....



    I understand you perfectly ed_moree, to be honest I'm no fan of the new GranTurismo either. But as I haven't seen it in flesh so far, I will wait with my final judgement. At least from the first pics this car doesn't convince me, I would choose a DB9 or even a CL anytime.

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Probably at the same performance area Carrara S X51.

    I like the design very much btw!!



    No, as I said, performance are slightly worse than current Gransport, same hp but more weight.
    And first version is 405 hp with auto box only, a year later will come the 450 hp version with new cambiocorsa.



    i year Later!!!

    Re: new maser coupe is here!

    Styling is very subjective - we all have different tastes and opinions, but that's O.K.

    I personally think it looks good. An evolution of Maserati's latest successful designs. Hopefully, its performance will do it justice. It should certainly provide MB's CL class with some competition.

    IMO the Quattroporte is the finest looking 4 door made. If you don't like it, then you probably won't like this one.


     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 10/25/21 12:29 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    479567 1291
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/18/21 10:58 PM
    Leawood911
    174780 1150
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 10/14/21 6:25 PM
    bluelines
    68523 382
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/26/21 8:39 AM
    Porker
    61975 646
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    47865 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/26/21 3:26 AM
    Leawood911
    47366 447
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    13075 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    470902 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    387868 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/20/21 6:01 PM
    Topspeed
    383259 3919
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    349467 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 10/8/21 11:41 AM
    xpto
    319104 2647
    Porsche 992 GT3 10/22/21 10:59 AM
    reginos
    271054 3051
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    252951 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    168649 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    119089 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    103407 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/9/21 1:11 PM
    CGX car nut
    94416 1231
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82863 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    72842 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    72651 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    51457 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/26/21 11:17 PM
    Leawood911
    49585 1221
    Others Bugatti Chiron 10/16/21 4:53 PM
    crayphile
    43112 486
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    40588 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    39447 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30795 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    27733 370
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 10/25/21 8:03 PM
    WhoopsyM
    27417 785
    Porsche GT4RS 10/26/21 7:33 PM
    WhoopsyM
    27233 434
    256 items found, displaying 1 to 30.