Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

Porsche Macan price and release date : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/macan/64159/porsche-macan-price-and-release-date

i like it

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Don't like the rear, but like the lower price.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

Spyderidol:

Porsche Macan price and release date:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/macan/64159/porsche-macan-price-and-release-date

Smiley SmileySmiley

from the rear shot they missed on wider flared rear end wings and those tires are thin. lighting is just like the Lincoln spec care on their thread.

little less happy after that view of the Lincoln

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

CPA4S:

from the rear shot they missed on wider flared rear end wings and those tires are thin. lighting is just like the Lincoln spec care on their thread.

little less happy after that view of the Lincoln

I noticed a few discrepancies as well:
    - The roofline drops deeper on the rear window and the car shouldn't be as tall as it looks in that rendering.
    - The tailgate in the spyshots is also more rounded like the Cayenne's but this one looks flatter.
    - The exhaust pipes on the development prototypes aren't integrated into the rear valence like on the Panamera Sport Turismo concept or the facelifted Cayenne mules but they are in the image.

More notably, I'm also pretty sure that Porsche won't integrate the black strip connecting the taillights on the production model but we'll see two separate light units on either side of the car.

Only five months until November, but I'm wondering why the mules have been off the radar for a while. Fits in with the very blatant lack of information coming out of Porsche lately. Smiley

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

i think the Larson pictures are more accurate rendition of the final product. as i pointed out before, he nailed the 991 drawings

--

I dont understand why they dont just draw a picture of a Cayenne and reduce it,yes angry

Spyderidol:

I dont understand why they dont just draw a picture of a Cayenne and reduce it,yes angry

Ask and ye shall receive.

rulesdontapply

--

2012 Porsche Cayenne S

...and there we have the "new" McCann! (BTW - Was the design department on a sabbatical?)

blueflame:

Today at the swiss border - two mules on their way back to Stuttgart in front of me - great sound !!!kiss

Blueflame

1366920127969Foto.JPG

Very interesting, anyone else notice the ROUND brake light Smiley That is completely new for Porsche.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather (Canada)
    1991 BMW 318i Brilliantrot/Black Leather (Germany)

Ex: '89 525i, '74 280E, '87 325is, '86 325e, '05 FF, '85.5 944

That's a dummy light unit; the real ones are horizontal light strips and can be seen on some of the more recent mules.

rulesdontapply

--

2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Early prototypes usually got round rear lights. Later, they recieve lights, which will be on production car...

Spyderidol:

...and there we have the "new" McCann! (BTW - Was the design department on a sabbatical?)

It's what they call family resemblance. Often your little brother looks like you. Why complain? Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    Spyderidol:

It's what they call family resemblance. Often your little brother looks like you. Why complain? Smiley

Or, when it comes to industrial products like cars, Corporate Identity.
    In my view it is preferable to having different products in the same manufacturer's range given random key styling features, as is so often the case with some Japanese and other car brands.
    Apple is another company which, very successfully, strives to maintain a Corporate Identity as its products are introduced and evolve. Nothing wrong with that. 

--

fritz

Yes, completely on board with "corporate identity/family resemblance", however, I think this is more like "mini-me".

(and to make matters worse, "Big-me" is nothing special to look at in the first place).Smiley

fritz:
    In my view it is preferable to having different products in the same manufacturer's range given random key styling features, as is so often the case with some Japanese and other car brands.

And in some brands, Korean and others, you have random key styling features on the same vehicle!  Smiley  On some Hyundai models you can see Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar styling cues on the same car!  Smiley  Smiley  A consistent styling theme leaves the positive impression that you know what you are doing.  Smiley

GM Austin:
    fritz:

And in some brands, Korean and others, you have random key styling features on the same vehicle!  Smiley  On some Hyundai models you can see Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar styling cues on the same car!  Smiley  Smiley  A consistent styling theme leaves the positive impression that you know what you are doing.  Smiley

Of course, it is also possible to get the CI concept wrong as Maybach did. I used to see one frequently for a while, and every time I drove past it I'd shake my head because the front-on view made me think of Hyundai rather than a premium brand. Smiley

--

fritz

GM Austin:
    fritz:

However, on the new Mercedes A-class I saw KIA styling cues (or was it Hyundai)  and I was disappointed. Mercedes once was a regal car.

--

"Form follows function"

Mercedes tried too hard to attract younger customers and the result is the new A class and the CLA. While I like what they did with the E-class facelift, I still think this is not Mercedes. Too stylish, too playful, I cannot explain it but I actually would prefer BMW any time over Mercedes if AMG wouldn't make such nice sounding cars, incl. the optional AWD.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

CPA4S:

i think the Larson pictures are more accurate rendition of the final product. as i pointed out before, he nailed the 991 drawings

The Autoexpress "photos" are not accurate. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

Mercedes tried too hard to attract younger customers and the result is the new A class and the CLA. While I like what they did with the E-class facelift, I still think this is not Mercedes. Too stylish, too playful, I cannot explain it but I actually would prefer BMW any time over Mercedes if AMG wouldn't make such nice sounding cars, incl. the optional AWD.

I agree, Mercedes has really lost their way with the styling.  Over-styled, like you suggest, and inconsistent across models.

New interior photos...

macan1.jpg

macan2.jpg

--

Looks like button overload to me, but the proof will be in the driving. We'll have to wait and see now as we have just taken delivery of our Audi SQ5, not a Porsche I Know but without any accurate information on the Macan we couldn't wait. What has been a pleasant surprise is the friendly nature of the local Audi dealer and salesman that couldn't do enough for us

The Cayenne plays in a different league...

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

Jonathanbr:

Looks like button overload to me, but the proof will be in the driving. We'll have to wait and see now as we have just taken delivery of our Audi SQ5, not a Porsche I Know but without any accurate information on the Macan we couldn't wait. What has been a pleasant surprise is the friendly nature of the local Audi dealer and salesman that couldn't do enough for us

And the engine is delicious, as i experience daily in our A6 tt.

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/ RR 4.4i

RC:

New interior photos...

macan1.jpg

macan2.jpg

No surprises.

- The dashboard looks a little dull to me; too flat and plain. Looks better in the sports cars since they're smaller but it doesn't translate well onto a bigger vehicle. At least the Cayenne's is more visually interesting with the curves created by the AC vents and general dash design.
    - Three instrument binnacles instead of five; maybe Porsche's pulling a 911-to-Cayman deal between the Cayenne and Macan.
    - The center console looks exactly like the wide one on the Panamera, only the console is elevated further and rounded off on the bottom to distinguish itself as a its own unit with two cupholders at its base.
    - The electric parking brake is now integrated directly behind the gear lever.
    - The buttons on the console and dash clock hint at a sports chrono package; if this is the case, then Porsche really is trying to create a "sports car" in the compact SUV section.
    - No adjustable air suspension controls like on the Cayenne; if anything, you get the little console switch like on the Panamera.
    - Not sure how I feel about that little drawer beneath the screen. It might create an awkward plain filler between the console and screen and compromise the general design, doesn't look to be all that big and useful and if it has to stay open in use, it'll obstruct the buttons directly in front of it [i.e. emergency lights].

I'm still very excited about the Macan and hope Porsche gets the recipe right with it. Five months to go.

rulesdontapply

--

2012 Porsche Cayenne S

i think it looks much cleaner than the current Cayenne; it don't like the vertical horziontal juncture on th Cayenne. anyway, this is showing leather stiched console, though the leather looks like a rough variety. also the air vents are more contoured into the design.

PDK - hope that can be confirmed  - least  the shifter has that PDK look. wish the wart on the dash was more imbedded.

also waiting - think i will hold on any new cars until i see this

--

Why is PDK so important to have? I picked up a M135i recently with the 8 speed auto, and quite frankly this gearbox (with the software that BMW has given it) is better than any PDK I've tried! Just as quick shifting, but smoother. I think ZF/BMW has proven with the M135i that PDK may not be the future after all?

Why do BMW fit DCTs on their sportier cars? 

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    576723 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

356735 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    85928 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/17/21 9:15 PM
    Pilot
    43491 333
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35073 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32698 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/21 6:06 AM
    BjoernB
    15040 306
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4135 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561037 5257
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/20/20 8:24 AM
    schmoell
    533424 4260
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    400963 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355416 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352293 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312494 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309571 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215363 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    182422 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160268 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137961 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/17/21 3:59 PM