Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

AutoBILD Sportscars - 991 Turbo S Comparison Test

Results:

Race Track (Sachsenring)

Porsche 991 Turbo S (street tires PZero) - 1:32,51 min.

Porsche 997 GT2 RS (UHP tires) - 1:33,51 min. (wow!)

McLaren MP4-12C (UHP tires) - 1:33,61 min. (interesting result...)

Lamborghini Aventador (UHP tires) - 1:34,84 min. (interesting...)

Audi R8 V10 Plus - 1:35,79 min.

Nissan GT-R (latest version) - 1:35,88 min.

Porsche 997 Turbo (PDK) - 1:36,86 min.

BMW M6 Coupe Competition Package - 1:37,93 min.

Acceleration time 0-100 kph (0-62 mph)

Porsche 991 Turbo S - 2.8 sec.

Audi R8 V10 Plus - 3.5 sec.

Nissan GT-R - 3.1 sec. (2.7 seconds my ass Smiley)

BMW M6 Coupe CP - 3.9 sec.

Acceleration time 0-200 kph (0-125 mph)

Porsche 991 Turbo S - 9.6 sec.

Audi R8 V10 Plus - 11.3 sec.

Nissan GT-R - 10.8 sec.

BMW M6 Coupe CP - 11.2 sec.

Acceleration time 0-300 kph (0-187.5 mph)

Porsche 991 Turbo S - 29.7 sec.

Audi R8 V10 Plus - 39.8 sec.

Nissan GT-R - 35.7 sec.

BMW M6 Coupe CP - 30.4 sec. (quite surprising...BMW can't let it go Smiley)

Braking Performance - 200 kph (125 mph) to 0 kph (mph)

Porsche 991 Turbo S - 127.7 m

Audi R8 V10 Plus - 128.6 m

Nissan GT-R - 129.4 m

BMW M6 Coupe CP - 143.6 m (ouch...)

The 991 Turbo S wins the comparison, AutoBILD Sportscars claims that the new Turbo S drives in it's own league. Smiley

Video from the test: http://www.autobild.de/videos/video-porsche-911-turbo-s-4422130.html

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Re: AutoBILD Sportscars - 991 Turbo S Comparison Test

IF M6 CP results are not a typo then this test example of M6 CP is producing at least 630ps.

KresoF1:

IF M6 CP results are not a typo then this test example of M6 CP is producing at least 630ps.

BMW, as always, couldn't resist to provide another "good" test car. Smiley The 0-200 kph time is also way too good (usually more around 12 seconds for a stock car). I bet that in Sport Auto, the test results will be different because BMW knows that SA dynos the cars. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Agreed. Just got that issue of AB Sportcars. That M6 CP is having at least 630ps. Just, despite latest M Diff it can not put it to the (dry)road.

I drove M6 GC(without CP and with standard brakes) and I must tell you that it is a pretty good sports limo. Would I taker it over say it RS6 Avant? No.

Not a fan of BMW M GmbH anymore since I drove the new M5. I don't know why. I would however consider the M6 Cab if I were into a powerful cab for "little" money (my wife also likes the M6 Cab a lot).

--

RC:

Not a fan of BMW M GmbH anymore since I drove the new M5. I don't know why. I would however consider the M6 Cab if I were into a powerful cab for "little" money (my wife also likes the M6 Cab a lot).

The M5 is not so bad, esthetically the nicest super-saloon IMHO. The M6 cab weighs another 150kg or so more and is rather wobbly. I would not get close to it. Anyway, I am not a saloon person, neither SUV. The car I hate (to see) most is the BMW X6......

I would only get a M6 Cab if my wife wants one too but last time I checked, she fell in love with the 991 Carrera S Cab. The car she test-drove had a price tag of almost 150k EUR, so the M6 Cab suddenly makes more sense (BMW dealers over here give huge rebates). broken heart

It didn't say the M5 is ugly, although you see a 5 series BMW at every corner in Bavaria, so it kind of gets boring fast. The M5 has serious traction issues (actually the comparison in AutoBILD Sportscars mentioned the same issues for the M6 Coupe CP) and unless you want to use a public street as a drift scenery, this car just sucks.

After a E55 AMG and lately a Panamera Turbo S, I decided to NEVER EVER get a sedan again. Just the wrong car for me. I need a family car, a SUV makes most sense (I live in Bavaria, family loves skiing, kids, lots of luggage, etc. etc. etc.) and I need a fun car for the weekends, this is where a sports car comes in. Nothing exotic (neighbors, friends, etc.) but something fast. 

So the Porsche/Porsche combo (Cayenne GTS and 991 Turbo S) makes a lot of sense from my point of view, I wish I could add a 991 Carrera S Cab (or Boxster S) and a GT3 to the game. 

I learned it the hard way, a lot of money went down the drain in the process.

Our next family car will be a Porsche Macan Turbo...I think because to be honest, I'm really not seeing the point of spending over 100k EUR for a family car anymore, even if I actually drive it more often than the weekend fun car. My wife loves to fly, so we barely do trips with the car (just weekends, when we drive more than 100 km), a Cayenne just doesn't make sense anymore, even if I love the Cayenne. 

Without kids and without having to care about my clients (business), my primary (and only) car would be the 991 Turbo S. Seriously.

--

Very impressive results.

Porsche has a winner with the TTS.

I am extremely excited to get my hands on it.

More than happy with my M6 cp. A gt car witch pulls strong on higways and still have a stealt factor. 100-200kmh around 7.5 secs is very likely for that car. I didnt correct the v-box result, and still needs more trie, just having 2500 km on the tacho, so wondering what is really possible.

It didn't say the M5 is ugly, although you see a 5 series BMW at every corner in Bavaria, so it kind of gets boring fast. The M5 has serious traction issues (actually the comparison in AutoBILD Sportscars mentioned the same issues for the M6 Coupe CP) and unless you want to use a public street as a drift scenery, this car just sucks.

I currently drive a '13 650i Coupe and it does have major traction issues to the extent that I decided not to buy a RWD/FWD ever again (and we don't even have rain).

This car also came with standard seats (dealer mistake, no thigh support!!!!!!!), not funny with a 120KG driver. Tried to order new seats from the local BMW dealer with no luck. Dubai BMW dealer couldn't do it and finally Niederlassung BMW of Dusseldorf told me its not possible. Will trade for 991TT.

Considered a trade to a new M5 (with thigh support hopefully) but thank God for your review RC.

Despite that, BMWs will always be my No.1 choice for rental cars. The best Navigation system I have ever used in terms of POI search and connected drive capability (google search).  

Finally!

Turbo S goes below the 30s mark

Any idea how much slower the standard Turbo would be up to 300 ? 3 ~ 5 seconds ?

The 991 Turbo S is an amazing package.

But Porsche is lately way too optimistic with their pricing. As a result, 991 Turbo S will probably depreciate in a similar way as McLaren 12C. I have seen a month old cars with a few hundred kms on them with 15% discounts. Which seems quite a lot to me, as currently 991 Turbo S is hot new stuff (witt positive reviews) and it should hold value for at least a few months after introduction.

mv:

But Porsche is lately way too optimistic with their pricing. As a result, 991 Turbo S will probably depreciate in a similar way as McLaren 12C. I have seen a month old cars with a few hundred kms on them with 15% discounts. Which seems quite a lot to me, as currently 991 Turbo S is hot new stuff (witt positive reviews) and it should hold value for at least a few months after introduction.

IMO every car depreciates with at least 15%, immediately after attaching number plates on it. More important is the depreciation level after one, two and three years. 

Boyko23:
    mv:

IMO every car depreciates with at least 15%, immediately after attaching number plates on it. More important is the depreciation level after one, two and three years. 

Regular cars do. Cars like 458, 12C (at least initially after introduction) - read direct 991 TS competitors - did not.

My guess that 991 Turbo S will depreciate heavily is mostly based on 997 Turbo PDK/Turbo S depreciation - which is very strong after 2-3 years. The fact it depreciates quickly after introduction kind of confirms it.

It will be very interesting to see how the upcoming 991GT3RS will compare with TTS.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

very impressive indeed - and maybe the RS will be faster on NBR - but everywhere else I don't think so....

RC:

Results:

Race Track (Sachsenring)

Somehow, this track test yielded strange results… Why should the 991 turbo S be quicker (by that kind of margin) than the GT2RS and the McLaren. That does not make any sense and is also not in line with the other existing tests (Sport Auto and AutoZeitung turbo S vs. GT3). Where the lap times taken in one event (i.e. on the same day/under similar conditions)? The times just don't make sense Smiley

Markus, the Sachsenring seems to favor the 991 Turbo S. Let's wait for the SA Supertest, I do not trust AutoBILD Sportscars too much, especially since I suspect that the track results were achieved by different test drivers. Still, impressive results for the Turbo S, I just wish Porsche would have gone the whole way, providing the Turbo S with 600 hp (I understand the reasons for not going for 600 hp but this doesn't mean I accept them ).

--

RC:

Markus, the Sachsenring seems to favor the 991 Turbo S. Let's wait for the SA Supertest, I do not trust AutoBILD Sportscars too much, especially since I suspect that the track results were achieved by different test drivers. Still, impressive results for the Turbo S, I just wish Porsche would have gone the whole way, providing the Turbo S with 600 hp (I understand the reasons for not going for 600 hp but this doesn't mean I accept them ).

I am also very impressed with the performance of the 991 turbo S Smiley

MKSGR:
    RC:

Results:

Race Track (Sachsenring)

Somehow, this track test yielded strange results… Why should the 991 turbo S be quicker (by that kind of margin) than the GT2RS and the McLaren. That does not make any sense and is also not in line with the other existing tests (Sport Auto and AutoZeitung turbo S vs. GT3). Where the lap times taken in one event (i.e. on the same day/under similar conditions)? The times just don't make sense 

Indeed. Any info of track temperature? Or humidity? Most likely the conditions did not enable these UHP tires to perform properly.

AutoBild SPORTSCARS' testdriver is racing driver Guido Naumann. He managed 98% of the laptimes on the Sachsenring. There are a few exceptions: the 911 GT2 RS was driven by Walter Röhrl, while the absolute record of a road-legal car (Geiger Corvette ZR1) belongs to Patrick Simon.

But the 12C, the Black Series, the 991 Turbo S, the R8, etc. laptimes are Herr Naumann's. :)

Indeed. Any info of track temperature? Or humidity? Most likely the conditions did not enable these UHP tires to perform properly.

22 Degrees C, clear weather, dry track (according to the track-sheet)

acrobat:

But not for all cars as Christian points out above...

MKSGR:
    acrobat:

And that's all true for Sport Auto and their laptimes as well.

Also, while Sportscars usually let Herr Naumann to manage laptimes, Sport Auto has Horst von Saurma and Christian Gebhart to do so simultaneously. Like the M135i vs A45 AMG comparison in one of the previous issues of Sport Auto: the BMW was driven by Gebhart, the A45 by Von Saurma.

acrobat:
    MKSGR:
    acrobat:

Also, while Sportscars usually let Herr Naumann to manage laptimes, Sport Auto has Horst von Saurma and Christian Gebhart to do so simultaneously. Like the M135i vs A45 AMG comparison in one of the previous issues of Sport Auto: the BMW was driven by Gebhart, the A45 by Von Saurma.

If you read the above posts the consensus view is clearly stated: the AB numbers do not seem to match. They are not consistent with the likely outcome in other tests.

MKSGR:

If you read the above posts the consensus view is clearly stated: the AB numbers do not seem to match. They are not consistent with the likely outcome in other tests.

Do not seem to match with what? Times from various drivers on the flat and much shorter Hockenheimring? Or the flat Contidrom, where AZ recently compared the GT3 and Turbo S and the second one was faster on normal P Zeros?

Sachsenring is like a mini-Nordschleife, it's a much more competitive track, therefore the results can be completely different as they were in other tests.

acrobat:
    MKSGR:

Do not seem to match with what? Times from various drivers on the flat and much shorter Hockenheimring? Or the flat Contidrom, where AZ recently compared the GT3 and Turbo S and the second one was faster on normal P Zeros?

Sachsenring is like a mini-Nordschleife, it's a much more competitive track, therefore the results can be completely different as they were in other tests.

The consensus view I mention above is formulated by people who know the Sachsenring and other tracks quite well Smiley These numbers don't make sense - just wait for the Supertest to get a more realistic picture. You will then understand our point.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    576758 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

356780 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    85940 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/17/21 9:15 PM
    Pilot
    43547 332
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35075 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32702 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/21 6:06 AM
    BjoernB
    15047 306
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4136 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    561117 5257
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/20/20 8:24 AM
    schmoell
    533445 4260
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    401032 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355490 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352345 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312562 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309581 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215465 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    182508 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160275 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137964 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/17/21 3:59 PM