Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    And to those who would read too much into GM ensuring the 650+ hp is backed by some electronic torque limiting nannies in the lower gears (euro sports cars with that much 7000 rpm power have no where near the same tire melting low end torque except for AMGs , which spin their tires mercilessly at a standing start throttle stomp ) ,just do a search on Rennteam and see all the angst this group of uber Porsche enthusiasts have written about the new 997 GT2 STILL not having tail-saving yaw control ( PSM) , which even the F430 comes standard with, and which like the Z06 , can be 100% switched off, which you still can't do on Porsche models which DO come with PSM.

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    ....

    They also have a new automatic transmission coming. Its not a PDK or DSG. It is a new 7spd that uses British(!)patented technology for less power loss and quicker/smoother shifts.



    Jim,

    Where did you hear about this news? Could this be the Zeroshift finally making it into production?

    Zeroshift

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Yes - it is Zeroshift.

    GM has licensed it and it will first be offered in the Corvette.




    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:This is going to be one hell of a performance bargain at $100K+. Nothing will touch it for the money.


    Certainly, nothing can touch the Z06 for $65k, but for $100k, I think a well spec'd Noble among other smaller specialty cars might be pretty close (and offer a more rewarding driving experience)...



    I'm not so sure the well spec'd Noble is going to be able to keep up with the Blue Devil. It just edged a standard Z06 in a Car and Driver test (running on Pirelli PZero Corsa tires). No doubt, the Noble is one potent package!
    Download the lap times:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/...he-911-gt3.html

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Yes - it is Zeroshift.

    GM has licensed it and it will first be offered in the Corvette.








    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Kudos to GM. This car will make a mockery at all comers. For about the price of a very nicely optioned 9974S you can mix it up with the very elite in the super car world. I find it funny that this very well educated forum would doubt the skill level of some who would explore this car and its possbilities. In the right hands this car will DOMINATE and make other car manufacturers re-think their idea of HP and car. Itll only make the other cars we love that much better. Porsche are you hearing this!

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Yes, that will be great. However, only the cars with a certain horsepower should have access to the high-end exhaust notes . Imagine a Civic sounding like a Zondo, driving past you at 40 mph .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    In 20-30 years , our children ( or grandchildren ) will be driving non combustion engined " sports cars " where external loudspeakers in the rear fascia will broadcast ones choice of hundreds of digitized exhaust sounds from any car from the past , now that the US Supreme Court has listed CO2 as a pollutant a couple weeks ago . They'll drive to work to the screech of a vintage 2007 Ferrari, drive home to the thump of a prehistoric 1969 Chevelle SS396 .



    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric



    That's something we will definitely miss: the sound of an otto . Thus I am in favor of sound files .

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:This is going to be one hell of a performance bargain at $100K+. Nothing will touch it for the money.


    Certainly, nothing can touch the Z06 for $65k, but for $100k, I think a well spec'd Noble among other smaller specialty cars might be pretty close (and offer a more rewarding driving experience)...



    I'm not so sure the well spec'd Noble is going to be able to keep up with the Blue Devil. It just edged a standard Z06 in a Car and Driver test


    What I meant by well-spec'd is adding additional turbo boost (fairly easy and inexpensive to stay under $100k) - not hard to get to between 500-600hp and 2,400 lbs...

    Re: More information on the Blue Devil

    Quote:
    95jersey said:


    Please say it ain't so...

    I don't mind if I have to drive an electric car, but leave it what it is...electric



    There's a request by advocacy groups for the blind to engineer hybrid vehicles with a subtle " ding -ding " warning tone when they are running in near silent battery mode, as a several blind pedestrians ( who stop and listen for approaching cars before crossing) have now stepped right in front of them and been hit . Heck , I've grabbed my younger daughter a couple times when she was about to step off a curb right into a hybrid gliding by silently and a neighbor was " bumped " and bruised her hip by her husband in their driveway by their then new Prius because he assumed ( wrongly ) that there would be enough rolling noise of some sort as he backed away.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    613543 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    247861 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/10/22 7:55 AM
    GnilM
    138972 1117
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/2/22 7:50 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    135338 408
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 8/10/22 8:51 PM
    WhoopsyM
    116217 538
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    53043 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    540726 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    452833 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    448070 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    414209 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    403408 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 8/1/22 9:33 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    387562 3694
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    314111 1587
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    162575 1446
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    160551 772
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    132536 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    130515 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 8/5/22 9:15 PM
    CGX car nut
    119611 1765
    Porsche GT4RS 8/11/22 5:28 AM
    Targa Tim
    111485 1009
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    97698 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    96098 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    93141 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    82687 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 8/11/22 5:33 AM
    GnilM
    76300 487
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    76208 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    74855 722
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    71043 443
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 8/9/22 8:10 PM
    WhoopsyM
    52865 1200
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    46325 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    45746 335
    205 items found, displaying 1 to 30.