Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    1 / 4 mile time ?

    in all the hoopla i haven't seen a 1/ 4 mile time for the tt with tip and 6spd. guess it's a u.s.thing. any one seen this bit of minituia? thanks.

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    roadtrip said:
    in all the hoopla i haven't seen a 1/ 4 mile time for the tt with tip and 6spd. guess it's a u.s.thing. any one seen this bit of minituia? thanks.



    From the "Product Information Porsche 911 Turbo":

    997TT(man/tip) / 996TT(man/tip) / 996TTS(man/tip)

    Top track speed km/h 310 (310) 305 (298) 307 (300)
    mph 192.6 (192.6) 189.5 (185.2) 190.8 (186.4)
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h s 3.9 (3.7) 4.2 (4.8) 4.2 (4.5)
    Acceleration 0-60 mph s 3.7 (3.4) n/a n/a
    Acceleration 0-100 mph s 8.4 (7.8) 9.3 (10.4) 9.0 (9.7)
    Acceleration, 0-1,000 m s 21.5 (21.1) 22.5 (23.3) 21.8 (22.7)
    Acceleration, 1/4 mile s 11.8 (11.6) 12.5 (13.2) 12.3 (12.8)
    Flexibility (80-120 km/h / 62-124 mph)
    in penultimate gear s 3.8 (3.5) 4.8 (5.5) 4.9 (5.6)

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Do you have those numbers for the 997 Carrera S?

    TIA

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Do you have those numbers for the 997 Carrera S?

    TIA



    Sorry, the best I could do was to find the thread where you might be able to get it from.

    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post217259

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    This question is connected with something very strange to me. Here we have 4, 5 Turbos and last weekend was the second round of the drag championship... So the 997 TT gave a very fast time of 11.66!!! It made at about 10 starts and all of them were below 12.0 seconds...

    Which is even more annoying is the fact, that the track has a disadvantage of 0.3 sec. at this type of cars (little denivelation and surface). Noone has a reasonable explanation on this...

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    Boyko23 said:
    This question is connected with something very strange to me. Here we have 4, 5 Turbos and last weekend was the second round of the drag championship... So the 997 TT gave a very fast time of 11.66!!! It made at about 10 starts and all of them were below 12.0 seconds...

    Which is even more annoying is the fact, that the track has a disadvantage of 0.3 sec. at this type of cars (little denivelation and surface). Noone has a reasonable explanation on this...



    Do you know, manual or TIP?

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Tip, at about 3000 km, which were made for about a week after delivery...

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    looks good in yellow...

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    Boyko23 said:
    This question is connected with something very strange to me. Here we have 4, 5 Turbos and last weekend was the second round of the drag championship... So the 997 TT gave a very fast time of 11.66!!! It made at about 10 starts and all of them were below 12.0 seconds...

    Which is even more annoying is the fact, that the track has a disadvantage of 0.3 sec. at this type of cars (little denivelation and surface). Noone has a reasonable explanation on this...


    with SC ?

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Damn, that's fast for a production car.

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    Boyko23 said:
    Tip, at about 3000 km, which were made for about a week after delivery...



    Hmmm. Bulgaria is changing fast.

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

    with SC ?


    Yes, with SC, but as the driver said when you use the brake pedal at the start and rev at about 4k RPM, the SC don"t start - you have to release the gas pedal and then force it again, which in a drag race is useless... I mean the overboost is at its maximum nevertheless...
    Actualy here I uploaded the exact start when the car gave 11.66:

    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/bc75fdd7-77c8-48cb-9606-c1dbecbbdd0d.htm

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    That is fast....Very fast

    Re: 1 / 4 mile time ?

    the car besides you is 4WD?

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 1/2/22 1:35 AM
    Leawood911
     
     
     
     
     
    517672 1294
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 1/22/22 9:42 PM
    Enmanuel
    187682 1158
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 1/9/22 7:08 PM
    Wonderbar
    75871 401
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 1/22/22 12:34 AM
    watt
    74225 761
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 1/3/22 7:55 AM
    Rossi
    56673 531
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    50796 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    14143 29
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    1258 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    478086 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    393740 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/25/21 12:31 AM
    WhoopsyM
    388946 3949
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    354583 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/27/22 9:01 PM
    CGX car nut
    325761 2651
    Porsche 992 GT3 1/26/22 4:50 PM
    BiTurbo
    297434 3321
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    257961 1587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    170349 1379
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    121782 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    106090 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 12/22/21 7:10 PM
    Topspeed
    98065 1246
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    84039 209
    AMG AMG GT R 1/12/22 6:30 PM
    CGX car nut
    77075 828
    Lambo Aventador and SV 1/14/22 2:22 AM
    BiTurbo
    76806 699
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 1/21/22 3:48 PM
    WhoopsyM
    57830 1436
    Others Bugatti Chiron 1/13/22 11:07 PM
    kudryavchik
    45613 507
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 1/8/22 5:39 PM
    kudryavchik
    44112 1574
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 12/15/21 8:04 PM
    Topspeed
    42775 533
    Porsche GT4RS 1/23/22 1:51 PM
    GnilM
    42449 740
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    31963 394
    Ferrari 488 Replacement 4/17/21 8:28 PM
    Rossi
    28599 370
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 7/21/21 6:22 PM
    Topspeed
    27846 592
    246 items found, displaying 1 to 30.