Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    only thing that is weird with that order is, you live in southern california yet you ordered the heated seats... thats odd dont you think

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    That's an option my wife had to have. She's one of those types of people that feel constantly cold. Let's put it this way- adding the heated seats made the decision to go with my choice of car (Boxster over say, Cayenne) go over that much more 'smoothly'.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    AndrewSS said:
    only thing that is weird with that order is, you live in southern california yet you ordered the heated seats... thats odd dont you think



    No - the centre console looks empty without those two additional switches, right? And on a switch per $ its certainly good value when you consider how much you have to pay for the PASM switch or the Sport switch?

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Oh how I love that train of logic Dreamcar! LOL!!

    When I was at the dealer a week before I placed my order there was a gentleman there to take delivery on his 4th Porsche, his new 'daily driver'.

    2005 Porsche Turbo S $150K

    He was going on and on about how practicle the car will be for him to drive everyday as opposed to his 360 Modena he's been 'putting up with'. Sheesh! He lives in a completely different stratosphere than I.

    Anyway, right there with you buddy!

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Oh how I love that train of logic Dreamcar! LOL!!

    When I was at the dealer a week before I placed my order there was a gentleman there to take delivery on his 4th Porsche, his new 'daily driver'.

    2005 Porsche Turbo S $150K

    He was going on and on about how practicle the car will be for him to drive everyday as opposed to his 360 Modena he's been 'putting up with'. Sheesh! He lives in a completely different stratosphere than I.

    Anyway, right there with you buddy!



    Whatever. I bet he uses the same kind of toilet paper as us.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    Holminator said:
    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Oh how I love that train of logic Dreamcar! LOL!!

    When I was at the dealer a week before I placed my order there was a gentleman there to take delivery on his 4th Porsche, his new 'daily driver'.

    2005 Porsche Turbo S $150K

    He was going on and on about how practicle the car will be for him to drive everyday as opposed to his 360 Modena he's been 'putting up with'. Sheesh! He lives in a completely different stratosphere than I.

    Anyway, right there with you buddy!



    Whatever. I bet he uses the same kind of toilet paper as us.



    Sorry old boy...but I believe he uses Davidoff cleansing tissue for his rectum.


    Boxster Turbo???
    Built from factory or made by the dealer??

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Same boat ... 51, first Porsche on order, most spent on a car. If you want to get really practical about it, there's nothing on four wheels that is as much fun AND holds it's value as well, so its hardly wasted - look on it as investing in your happiness not spending!

    I've got an April build, May delivery, 987 Seal Grey/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, Bi-Xenon, Sports steering wheel, BOSE, Heated seats (drove Saabs for a while - can't live without them now!). Can't wait ... but I guess I'm going to have to.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    Same boat ... 51, first Porsche on order, most spent on a car. If you want to get really practical about it, there's nothing on four wheels that is as much fun AND holds it's value as well, so its hardly wasted - look on it as investing in your happiness not spending!

    I've got an April build, May delivery, 987 Seal Grey/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, Bi-Xenon, Sports steering wheel, BOSE, Heated seats (drove Saabs for a while - can't live without them now!). Can't wait ... but I guess I'm going to have to.



    Hi! Someone else out there, not only of similar vintage but also from Hampshire! I assume you are getting yours from Porsche Centre Bournemouth? My car, as well as Rich C's car are both in their showroom ready to go. Rich's seal grey is having its maiden voyage on 1st, mine arctic silver (matches what little hair I've got) on 3rd.

    Welcome to Rennteam! I'll send you a PM shortly.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...



    Welcome to you, as well. I've waited for mine for 18 months, as soon as I knew the new Boxster was coming. Don't worry - the 1st 17 months are the worst. I've now got 12 days to go.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...



    Welcome to you, as well. I've waited for mine for 18 months, as soon as I knew the new Boxster was coming. Don't worry - the 1st 17 months are the worst. I've now got 12 days to go.



    Thank for the welcome.
    I place my LOI last July, so the wait is excruciating.
    I am in sunny Lancashire, so there will be plenty of top-down opportunities


    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...



    Welcome to you, as well. I've waited for mine for 18 months, as soon as I knew the new Boxster was coming. Don't worry - the 1st 17 months are the worst. I've now got 12 days to go.



    Thank for the welcome.
    I place my LOI last July, so the wait is excruciating.
    I am in sunny Lancashire, so there will be plenty of top-down opportunities





    Well we've booked our two weeks holiday in North Yorkshire end June / Early July, one week on the Moors and one week in the Dales, so hopefully some sunshine "up North" please!
    And thinking about The Wait I think the last 12 days are the worst

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    I'm the other side of Winchester so Bournemouth is quite a distance - Reading and Guildford are both a lot closer - so as my office is near Reading I chose that one.

    I don't even have a build date yet so I have no idea when in May I will get mine, although I was told late April was a possibility.

    Noticed someone able to order chrome tailpipe - I tried that for mine and they said I couldn't yet back in late January when I had to firm up the options. Looks like I will have to retrofit mine.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    I'm the other side of Winchester so Bournemouth is quite a distance - Reading and Guildford are both a lot closer - so as my office is near Reading I chose that one.

    I don't even have a build date yet so I have no idea when in May I will get mine, although I was told late April was a possibility.

    Noticed someone able to order chrome tailpipe - I tried that for mine and they said I couldn't yet back in late January when I had to firm up the options. Looks like I will have to retrofit mine.



    I'm lucky in a way, several of the options I would otherwise have had weren't available when I had to finalise my order such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Chrome plated tailpipes and centre console painted in exterior colour. Those would have put another Pounds1,000 on the tag!
    Once I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove the tailpipes, get them chromed and then refit.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    I'm lucky in a way, several of the options I would otherwise have had weren't available when I had to finalise my order such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Chrome plated tailpipes and centre console painted in exterior colour. Those would have put another Pounds1,000 on the tag!
    Once I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove the tailpipes, get them chromed and then refit.



    Is the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System an option already available to order with a new Boxster? I did not see this on the booklet I have with most of the items you can order.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    Steven Martins said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    I'm lucky in a way, several of the options I would otherwise have had weren't available when I had to finalise my order such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Chrome plated tailpipes and centre console painted in exterior colour. Those would have put another Pounds1,000 on the tag!
    Once I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove the tailpipes, get them chromed and then refit.



    Is the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System an option already available to order with a new Boxster? I did not see this on the booklet I have with most of the items you can order.



    No, not yet. It is not listed in the info I have. It's coming, but know not when

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    The S/S tailpipe was added to my order on 3rd February.
    This for April build, so you may still get it if you ask now.


    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    boothy said:
    The S/S tailpipe was added to my order on 3rd February.
    This for April build, so you may still get it if you ask now.





    Does adding an option after you placed your order delay the build time at all?

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    The S/S tailpipe was added to my order on 3rd February.
    This for April build, so you may still get it if you ask now.





    Does adding an option after you placed your order delay the build time at all?



    If there is still no build week set on your order then I beleive you can change anything you want. After that the order is locked and no changes can be made.

    Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

    Quote:
    Steven Martins said:
    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    The S/S tailpipe was added to my order on 3rd February.
    This for April build, so you may still get it if you ask now.





    Does adding an option after you placed your order delay the build time at all?



    If there is still no build week set on your order then I beleive you can change anything you want. After that the order is locked and no changes can be made.



    No delay when I did it, as no build date had been confirmed.
    Just ask and see what they say.
    OEM fit is Pounds166, I was quoted' approx.' Pounds250 as aftermarket fit by OPC.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    576608 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    356559 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    85847 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/4/21 8:01 AM
    bluelines
    43235 328
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35033 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    32659 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/14/21 2:39 PM
    watt
    14852 299
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4101 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    560806 5257
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/20/20 8:24 AM
    schmoell
    533298 4260
    Porsche Cayman GT4 4/13/21 10:04 AM
    996FourEss
    400749 3585
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/13/21 8:01 AM
    BjoernB
    355264 3915
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/27/20 4:06 PM
    Topspeed
    352164 3486
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/5/20 9:55 PM
    DaveGordon
    312332 3242
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    309530 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    215161 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    182227 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    160234 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    137937 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 4/14/21 9:14 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    108366 2034
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    105260 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    76984 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 3/15/21 7:26 PM
    Enmanuel
    69384 1151
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    64454 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 3/15/21 3:59 PM
    Topspeed
    63314 679
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    56273 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    42884 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/21 3:42 PM
    RCA
    36279 476
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    33512 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    28530 385
    271 items found, displaying 1 to 30.