Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4878

    Good race for Audi and Porsche at Road Atlanta and season titles for Porsche at LMP2 and GT2.

    The Porsche/VW/Audi empire strikes back

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Good race for Peugot. They almost won the race their first time out on a track they've never raced before.

    I didn't even know they were going to be there until I turned on the T/V and saw it on track. I had to make sure I wasn't watching the European series .

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Heist said:
    Good race for Peugot. They almost won the race their first time out on a track they've never raced before.

    I didn't even know they were going to be there until I turned on the T/V and saw it on track. I had to make sure I wasn't watching the European series .



    Actually,Peugeot had the fastest car this year, but they managed to lose the 24h race at LM although they were favourites and they also lost the European LM series at the last race, after they dominated the previous rounds.

    Audi had the better luck and the better strategy in many races and I think the better drivers too.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Yes, the Penske Spyders were fantastic! Unfortunately some credible rumors point to Penske not racing with Porsche for 2009. Lets hope that these rumors are wrong.

    The Flying Lizard's #45 had problems with severe under steering. They changed the gearbox before the race and apparently they were having problems with the differential.
    This explains why the Ferrari came from a lap down and managed to overtake them.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    Yes, the Penske Spyders were fantastic! Unfortunately some credible rumors point to Penske not racing with Porsche for 2009. Lets hope that these rumors are wrong.

    The Flying Lizard's #45 had problems with severe under steering. They changed the gearbox before the race and apparently they were having problems with the differential.
    This explains why the Ferrari came from a lap down and managed to overtake them.



    What came out of the Highcroft Acura pre-race protest about the five Spyders using illegal fuel? Do you know anything?

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Nothing yet reginos.
    I'll let you know as soon as I learn anything.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    BTW - It is also (strongly) rumored that Dyson will not be racing the Spyders in 2009.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    BTW - It is also (strongly) rumored that Dyson will not be racing the Spyders in 2009.



    Are Penske/Dyson switching to other cars, or abandoning LMP2 altogether?

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    No one knows. One of the rumors point to Penske getting involved in the Toyota LMP1 project.

    I think they will both be back....maybe not with Porsche

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    The crash with Pilet near the end of race (coming down the hill towards turn 12) was spectacular, and very frightening. Luckily everyone walked away.

    Anyone who has driven Road Atlanta knows that parking a car there (intentional or not) is asking for big trouble. This is a very difficult and blind section of track.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Mellow Yellow said:
    The crash with Pilet near the end of race (coming down the hill towards turn 12) was spectacular, and very frightening. Luckily everyone walked away.

    Anyone who has driven Road Atlanta knows that parking a car there (intentional or not) is asking for big trouble. This is a very difficult and blind section of track.



    Actually I watched part of the race live on MotorsTV and also the highlights and I enjoyed it much more than F1. More action and the way the track dips and turns is fantastic. A real track unlike many F1 "artificials".

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    The latest (credible) rumor is that it is almost 100% (but not quite) sure that Penske will be back in ALMS for 2009, but likely not with Porsche.

    If this is true, it is a real shame for Porsche. The Penske outfit is second to none.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.



    Thanks for the detailed info!

    It is a case of this Highcroft Acuras being bad losers then!

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.



    Thanks for the detailed info!

    It is a case of this Highcroft Acura team being bad losers then!

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    No problem!

    A protest was lodged before the race and fuel was collected form the Spyders and sent to a lab for analysis. According to the Stewards, the race results will remain provisional until the fuel analysis is completed.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    It's not a competitive advantage if any team can use the same additive levels. Acura has no case here.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    No problem!

    A protest was lodged before the race and fuel was collected form the Spyders and sent to a lab for analysis. According to the Stewards, the race results will remain provisional until the fuel analysis is completed.



    I've been checking the IMSA and ALMS web-sites and the points for PLM have been awarded as of today.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    620861 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    256537 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/17/22 7:28 AM
    BjoernB
    147624 1123
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 8/18/22 7:54 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    142470 411
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 8/10/22 8:51 PM
    WhoopsyM
    123690 538
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    61147 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    550386 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    460156 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    456042 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    421677 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    410591 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 8/14/22 1:48 AM
    Wonderbar
    395957 3695
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    320490 1587
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    169505 1446
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    167299 772
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    140500 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    137099 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 8/18/22 8:02 PM
    CGX car nut
    127386 1772
    Porsche GT4RS 8/18/22 3:42 PM
    GnilM
    121017 1075
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    104234 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    102286 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    99883 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    88815 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 8/11/22 3:03 PM
    Enmanuel
    83183 489
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    82923 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    81580 722
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    79404 443
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 8/17/22 11:54 PM
    WhoopsyM
    60143 1206
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    52647 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    52382 335
    200 items found, displaying 1 to 30.