Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    What I find ridiculous is the 305 rear tires! what is this 2fast2furious? how can a 355HP car "drag" 305 rear tires!!, but the worst part is that its the AWD version!! this is darn silly... can you spell U.N.D.E.S.T.E.E.R. now? please, form follows function... form follows function... form follows function... form follows function... form follows function...

    And the 44mm wider for what? its the same viscous coupling multiplate center differential of the 996 set at the same constant 5% front torque and up to 35% maximum (not a bad system BTW)... and aside from the AWD its the same exact specs as the C2/C2S so again doesn't seem to be following function again, but unless pictures are really being misleading here, it doesn't seem like they have achieve much visual difference either.

    I don't get it

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    What I find ridiculous is the 305 rear tires! what is this 2fast2furious? how can a 355HP car "drag" 305 rear tires!!, but the worst part is that its the AWD version!! this is darn silly... can you spell U.N.D.E.S.T.E.E.R. now? please, form follows function... form follows function... form follows function... form follows function... form follows function...

    And the 44mm wider for what? its the same viscous coupling multiplate center differential of the 996 set at the same constant 5% front torque and up to 35% maximum (not a bad system BTW)... and aside from the AWD its the same exact specs as the C2/C2S so again doesn't seem to be following function again, but unless pictures are really being misleading here, it doesn't seem like they have achieve much visual difference either.

    I don't get it



    Good point about the wider wheels, don't get it either.
    Forms follow funstion for Rennteamers, for normal costumers, funstion follows bling bling!
    I can prove it! Best selling 996: the 4S (coupe and cab) and bear in mind Carlito that this model is only three years old (I think the 996 4S was introduced in erly 2002)

    Think of these two new cars to the 997 what the 996C4 was to the 996 C2, except for the extra width and fatter tyres which, from a performance point of view are an aberration I agree, but most costumers won't care, they'll like the fatter tyre and the fat arse!

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    True, very true. I keep forgeting that everyonce in a while

    It would be interesting to see what the weight is now due to this 44mm wider and these tires/wheels.

    Back in my day, the C4 was only 50kg heavier than the RWD, since thats practically what all the AWD weight and thats all the C4 had different than the C2, no added stuff just for looks

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    I prefer the C2S IMO, i don't like the larger rear end I tend to like the proportions of the C2 better. 8)

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I prefer the C2S IMO, i don't like the larger rear end I tend to like the proportions of the C2 better. 8)



    I have one allready....

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    hehehe don't torture me like that beltar! at least i only have 4 more days to go until i'll be "Enjoying a 997S without roof..."

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    So the car we saw a few months ago was then a real C4S. RC didn't you say to the nth degree that it wasn't?

    Anyways, by the sounds of RC's description of the new 997 Turbo, we've got a lot of disappointment to look forward to.

    The Cayman seems to be more the way to go now.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Given what we have here, it seems that the only logical reason to choose a C4 or C4S is if one intends to drive it year round in a climate with bad winter weather. Of course, I'm not sure what that leaves in its wake as a reason to choose the no doubt soon-to-be-announced C4S cabrio.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    It's exactly what I expected. I don't know why anyone thought the Turbo TYPE body would come out before the actual Turbo.
    305's ? Man, those are monsters. I probably looks dynamite. I am one of the few that was a little disappointed when the C2S was released after all the talk about going back to a "wide-body". I thought it would look better a little wider. .73 inch on each side should be noticeable.
    Wonder when/if the cab comes out and will cab versions be before the Turbo ?

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    RR4 said:
    So the car we saw a few months ago was then a real C4S. RC didn't you say to the nth degree that it wasn't?The Cayman seems to be more the way to go now.



    Possible... And I admitted that I can't exclude it is a C4S and even if so...we still don't know it because we had the same problem we have now: to tell the difference by pictures. I'm pretty sure that when seeing the C4S live, there will be somehow a visible difference at first look, especially when seeing it next to a 997 Carrera S for example. But this remains to be seen, so far I haven't seen a C4S live (and I never claimed that).

    Regarding the Cayman: you compare a Boxster Coupe to the 911 Turbo? You can't be serious.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    bgarrett said:
    Given what we have here, it seems that the only logical reason to choose a C4 or C4S is if one intends to drive it year round in a climate with bad winter weather. Of course, I'm not sure what that leaves in its wake as a reason to choose the no doubt soon-to-be-announced C4S cabrio.



    Ask 996C4S Cab buyers. Year round driving in some climates that would otherwise have you leaving the Porsche at home during the Winter and stuck in a coupe during Spring and Summer.
    In the NorthEast an all wheel drive cab would be perfect for me. But after I take delivery of my 997SCab I'm going to wait for the TTcab.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    MKW said:
    RC, since the 997 Turbo is also supposedly +44 mm and calculations show the C4S's wider 305/30-19 rear tire to be what the Turbo needs to keep at same 26.2" tire diameter, then are we basically seeing the 997 Turbo here, with the addition of the wing, intercooler's intake scoops/ exit slats , higher exhaust pipe exit point and more aggressive front fascia ?




    Well, you said it...

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    bgarrett said:
    Given what we have here, it seems that the only logical reason to choose a C4 or C4S is if one intends to drive it year round in a climate with bad winter weather. Of course, I'm not sure what that leaves in its wake as a reason to choose the no doubt soon-to-be-announced C4S cabrio.



    Ask 996C4S Cab buyers. Year round driving in some climates that would otherwise have you leaving the Porsche at home during the Winter and stuck in a coupe during Spring and Summer.
    In the NorthEast an all wheel drive cab would be perfect for me. But after I take delivery of my 997SCab I'm going to wait for the TTcab.



    Ask UK drivers, they are the most hardcore drivers I know when it comes to open top driving!
    I live in Scotland and trust me, there is NO summer here, and yet, so many 996 Cabs ans Boxster, and they don't top down when it's sunny, they take it down when it's not raining!
    So no problem for driving a cab in winter top down, full heat on, seat heated, windshot and off we go!

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    RC, since the 997 Turbo is also supposedly +44 mm and calculations show the C4S's wider 305/30-19 rear tire to be what the Turbo needs to keep at same 26.2" tire diameter, then are we basically seeing the 997 Turbo here, with the addition of the wing, intercooler's intake scoops/ exit slats , higher exhaust pipe exit point and more aggressive front fascia ?





    Well, you said it...



    That's it ??? If I want smooth and discrete , that's what an Aston Martin is for . The Turbo ( " top " ) as they say at the factory always looked feisty/nasty vs it's siblings , from 1976 - 1998. The 996 Turbo started the trend toward conservative . With the " retro " trend on the 997, shouldn't the 997 Turbo have returned to that " look " ?

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    It is perfectly logical that Porsche braught out a C4 and C4S nearly identical to the C2 and C2S. It is NOT the old 996 C4S ! Before you had the 996 C2 ,996 C4 and only much later the 996C4S .
    I do question the extra 44 mm! I need AWD as I will be driving on snow ,so I will buy the 997 C4S , I would prefer the C2S, but.. I am sure It will be a great car.
    The price increase might be a bit much for only AWD...a larger rims and tyres that I don' t realy want anyway...

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Guys, I'm also a little bit disappointed , but some of you are right... In the past Porsche always revealed the Turbo and afterwards the wider bodys followed... I agree with STRADALE.

    What I don't really get is... why are some guys of you "crying" about the highspeed an acceleration? You often take a comparision between the 997 4S and the 996 4S but these car was/is the nicest 996, but also the slowest... or am I wrong?!

    I don't want to step anybody here or even "attack" one. The mind is free and I'm really glad that we all have a differnt taste. My girlfriend likes the Cayenne Turbo very much and smiles everytime, when she reads what "problems" we discuss.

    Slowly I'm going to like the 997 4S more and more, let's wait for some more pictures... I'll have a look to it on the IAA in Fankfurt and then I'll deside which car I'll order.

    By the way here is a link to official Porsche informatons:
    http://www2.uk.porsche.com/english/gbr/home.htm

    and I'm glad that I've joined this forum...

    RC, Ron (Houston), Franch and Carlos from Spain (I hope I didn't forgot one )... all of you do a great job here! Keep going on! I will go on recommending this forum and I already have recommended you to my dealer!

    Greetings

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    If I remember correctly, RC mentioned few weeks ago in one his posts and I agree 150% that Porsche is probably trying intentionally to make the 911 boring and redundant (model wise) so people will be ready for something new and radical when the 911 replacement shows up.
    When the new model comes out (possibly the legend's replacement) people won't critisize Porsche as much as they would say 'oh yeh, it was about time for something new and different'.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    If I remember correctly, RC mentioned few weeks ago in one his posts and I agree 150% that Porsche is probably trying intentionally to make the 911 boring and redundant (model wise) so people will be ready for something new and radical when the 911 replacement shows up.




    Ron,
    When the new GT3 comes out, I'll make you eat your own....!!!

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    If I remember correctly, RC mentioned few weeks ago in one his posts and I agree 150% that Porsche is probably trying intentionally to make the 911 boring and redundant (model wise) so people will be ready for something new and radical when the 911 replacement shows up.
    When the new model comes out (possibly the legend's replacement) people won't critisize Porsche as much as they would say 'oh yeh, it was about time for something new and different'.



    No, Porsche is just trying to maximize the profit. Nobody in the business world is so silly to create now something rediculus only to be able in the future to correct it.
    No, it is just creating as many as possible models with the lowest amount of development costs. That's what Wiedekind is doing and all financial experts are giving him right.

    AM

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Fanch you mentioned before:

    "Powerkit will be available for both 2WD and 2WD models (standard and S)."


    YOu think a powerkit will be available for the standard C2 and C4???


    Why someone pay for the powerkit when he can give the same ammount of money and go for the S version where he will be offered a lot more in terms of equipment???


    Im really interested because i would go for it!

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    mumbasic said:Nobody in the business world is so silly to create now something rediculus only to be able in the future to correct it.



    Well, Chris Bangle comes to mind

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Fanch you mentioned before:

    "Powerkit will be available for both 2WD and 2WD models (standard and S)."


    YOu think a powerkit will be available for the standard C2 and C4???




    Dillinger,
    I must done a typo, I meant powerkit is confirmed for C2S and C4S.
    For C2 and C4, no powerkit to my knowledge.
    Well, yes actually, but they are the C2S and C4S.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    If I remember correctly, RC mentioned few weeks ago in one his posts and I agree 150% that Porsche is probably trying intentionally to make the 911 boring and redundant (model wise) so people will be ready for something new and radical when the 911 replacement shows up.




    Ron,
    When the new GT3 comes out, I'll make you eat your own....!!!




    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    well leave the GT3 alone, this will remain more pure...the issue i think here is to produce more model variations, for individual tastes, and more like model "packages"

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    mumbasic said:Nobody in the business world is so silly to create now something rediculus only to be able in the future to correct it.



    Well, Chris Bangle comes to mind



    BMW is selling more cars then ever. Isn't that success?

    AM

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    BMW is only selling more cars because they include Mini sales and SUV sales.

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    BMW is only selling more cars because they include Mini sales and SUV sales.



    If you were to say, exclude SUVs from Lexus's US sales , they would fall WAY down the list of the top US " luxury " marques. Last I checked, MBZ is building an X3 sized SUV called the MLX and you know that the new G SUV is basically a luxed out version of the M/R class platform seating 7 and aimed above Range Rover . Jag dealers are screaming for a crossover for the US too, as no one with kids is walking in the doors. VW wants a 4th SUV off the Touareg/ Cayenne/Q7 platform for Bentley .... and how about rumors of a MINI SUV.. oh brother . .. gotta win some kind of " unclear on the concept " award there

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    any new brochure scans?????????????????????????????????????

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    mumbasic said:Nobody in the business world is so silly to create now something rediculus only to be able in the future to correct it.



    Well, Chris Bangle comes to mind



    BMW is selling more cars then ever. Isn't that success?

    AM



    Not unless we knew that BMW wouldn't sell even more if it weren't for Chris Bangle

    Re: C4 & C4S Brochure Scans

    The X5 X3 and Mini aren't ugly Bangled designes. The premise of the argument was that Bangled designed BMW's are selling well.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    606763 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino
     
     
     
     
     
    378442 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 6/8/21 7:15 PM
    JR-550
    89386 1087
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/12/21 3:30 PM
    WhoopsyM
    47045 344
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    36286 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    34158 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 6/16/21 6:24 AM
    GnilM
    18729 389
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    5157 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    575379 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    431195 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    368598 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 5/27/21 6:14 PM
    Topspeed
    368441 3495
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    330132 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    311544 2646
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    241857 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    232642 1542
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    162608 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138919 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 6/17/21 5:11 PM
    bluelines
    135716 2601
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    111117 1225
    McLaren F1 2/25/21 11:33 AM
    RCA
    77833 207
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 5/19/21 5:19 PM
    Leawood911
    75702 1167
    AMG AMG GT R 11/19/20 11:47 PM
    Topspeed
    66108 819
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/20/21 3:21 PM
    CGX car nut
    65224 683
    Porsche 991 Speedster 9/3/20 4:29 PM
    Topspeed
    61245 878
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    45662 596
    Others Bugatti Chiron 6/9/21 6:51 AM
    Jean
    37658 479
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    34697 615
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 5/30/21 9:51 PM
    waiting for PDK
    33985 522
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 3/21/21 5:01 PM
    Topspeed
    29343 385
    270 items found, displaying 1 to 30.