Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster - 987 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Please forgive me...

.. for it has been 4 years since my last Porsche.

Today I have made amends....

So far, signs are good :)

For the record it's a manual... after my PDK tests and further thoughts think it suits this car better, plus the sports shifter, sports exhaust and a few other toys.... the winter is going to be fun!

Re: Please forgive me...

Great looking Speedster. This car is already a classic - no worries, this is a keeper! 

Well done! Safe trips!

I saw and drove a Spyder for the first time a few weeks ago. Its soft top is quite weatherproof in spite of the trouble to take it off and put it on again. It handles very well but it lacks speed on the straights.

--

"Form follows function"

,,you are forgiven, my child.

Say 4 Hail Mary's and a Glory Be..and enjoy your car!

Rich C (UK):

.. for it has been 4 years since my last Porsche.

Today I have made amends....

You had a V8V right, do you still have it? Smiley

better keep that top onSmiley

I like the Spyder ! congrats, hope you enjoy the car a lot.

Beauty! Enjoy.

D

--

"When you design a car around the customer's wishes, you get cup holders. When you design a car around innovative thinking, you get a Porsche."

Many congrats  We need more pics  

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Nice going, Rich!Smiley 

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

congrats, looks good.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Congrats Rich! looking foward to hearing your impressions after a few miles! 

--

Many congratulations Rich - terrific car! It would be great to meet up in a few weeks time when our Cayman arrives! Amazing co- incidence five and a half years ago our new Porsches arrived then only a short time apart......
    --

BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon : Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10 delivery)

Congrats !!! Starting clean must be a great feeling  

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Rich...Congrats and I believe Rev. Porsche has absolved you...

--
    2006 987S, Artic Silver, Cocoa, Cocoa Top 2006 Cayenne S Lapis Blue New York

Congrats! One of my current Porsche favourites!

--

997 GT3 RS

Thanks guys, will try and get some more pictures up soon.

Obviously had a couple of blats yesterday... impressions:

Feels a lot 'tighter' than I remember my previous Boxsters, I'm no expert driver (hard for a man to admit ;) ) but the lighter weight, suspension changes and LSD do make a difference, even to me.

The short shift is great - lovely quick mechanical gearchange

The seats - FANTASTIC - I've a long standing back problem and these are just great, really grippy, not too tight (I've quite broad shoulders) and even the gf likes them - although getting in and out is NOT graceful.

Lovely sound from the sports exhaust, though do like it being switchable, like the Sports Chrono, so you can just pootle along when you want to

The main comprimise is the roof, yes it's noisier, and above 80mph it does flap a bit on the side windows - but not as bad as I thought it might be - a worthwhile comprimise given what the removed weight adds. OK, I missed the leccy roof yesterday, I would have had some roof down time between showers, but overall I'm happy

And aesthetically... great looking car, glad I got the wheels painted - never been a fan of black wheels, but with the silver lip, coloured crests, and the black Porsche badging it just sets it off great

As you can probably tell, I'm more than happy to have found the Porsche Religion again. Yes the V8V was great, but never quite bonded with it the same as the Porsches, which I feel a lot more comfortable with throwing around the lanes where I live. And I was looking at some other 'exotica' but still didn't feel as comfortable and get the same out of them...

So, will take some more pics in the wild, but here are a couple more gratuitous ones from collection day:

Great move Rich - many congrats..

I would have preferred 'Speedster' or 'Spyder' type side decals rather than the 'Porsche' ones which are a bit 80's IMvHO... That would be easy to change though and all in all this car is a serious machine...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

BTW Rich, when I get my GTS, we should meet up as I often pass through Mortimer Country on my way to Symonds Yat East ( a favourite retreat resort of ours)

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=Symonds+Yat+East&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&...

or on our way to South Wales..? 

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Congrats! great car,and perfect white/black combo!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Fantastic car, congratulations

Congrats, looks lovely  I went out on the track in one today with a race driver.. very impressive! Extremely well composed, yet comfortable - made for a fun couple of laps.

--

2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

Very nice! Great choice, congrats.

Rich C (UK):

The seats - FANTASTIC - I've a long standing back problem and these are just great, really grippy, not too tight (I've quite broad shoulders) and even the gf likes them - although getting in and out is NOT graceful.

Lovely sound from the sports exhaust, though do like it being switchable, like the Sports Chrono, so you can just pootle along when you want to

A great spec car, Rich, with some of the "nice to haves" we would have liked on the Cayman - I would have loved those sport bucket seats, but they are a £2,000 extra and SWMBO would not got on with them - it is her car after all!! Smiley Same with the 19" Spyder wheels in black, look amazing but again £1,500 extra on the Cayman and with 19" wheels PASM is probably necessary to make the ride more comfortable - another £1,000..... Sports exhaust - we probably wouldn't get the full aural benefit with a coupe - and another £1,400.....Smiley

--

BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon : Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10 delivery)

Just a quick update for those of you who are interested. Had the chance to take the roof off today for the first time. Actually it's pretty damn simple, the only issue I had was, because it's been sat in a cold garage, the materials we stiff and I had a bit of a game trying to work out how to fold the roof to fit in the holder in the boot, that plus the dealer forgetting to give me the instructions! One word of warning, remember the cracking plastic rear screens on the 986s, well didn't dare roll the rear piece of the roof up to fit in the holder, just laid it in the boot. Once out the experience with the roof down is sublime, and those seat, best I've ever had, I know they are an expensive option on other models, but do consider them. Whilst out it got a bit grey, so ensured I parked undercover. Sure as eggs are eggs it then started raining. So time to put the roof back on - in a poorly lit carpark. I needn't have worried. Less than a minute later I had the main part of the roof on and was ready to go, if you're in a situation where you may want to take the roof on and off there's no need to put the rear screen in. So, all in all, loving it. Yes, there's a compromise with the roof, but it's not anything like what I thought it would be.... DC, JohnH, (and anyone else) definitely on for a meet up :D

If it were an auto you could always drive along with a sturdy umbrella

Ship that car here to Florida as it is not raining and I will make sure that I take it out and practice taking the top on and off.  I will get the bugs our for you!  Congrats...

Looking great Rich  Love the wheels in black  Of course we're interested ... more pics would be great  

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Congratulations, lovely car! I am very glad to hear that the roof layout doesn´t seem to be much of a hassle once you get used to it. It does seem to get noisy beyond 100 mph but, of course, on British roads you won´t do that speed.

Rich C (UK):
    DC, JohnH, (and anyone else) definitely on for a meet up :D

Our dealer telephoned to say that our Cayman S has arrived !!SmileySmileySmiley Frustratingly my first ferry refit starts tomorrow in Portsmouth, so I've had to delay taking delivery until Friday 19th November. Smiley

Definitely up for a meet thereafter Smiley  - I think you'd be underwhelmed if I turned up before that in my Toyota Yaris!! Smiley

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Spyder in the mean time and the roof isn't as bad as some have portrayed.  SmileyReally envious of those sport buckets - I'd love them but if you want to learn some new language get SWMBO to try them out when we meet! Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10 delivery) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

Hey, how about joining the Aston guys in your area for a meet. I have been reading pistonheads aston section lately and it is very lively and they seem like a great bunch. Quite a roster.  They recently had a nice meet and were planning another for today but could not get a quorum.

Why not approach them for a general enthusiasts meet. I don't see why it has to be segregated by marque and Rich speaks martinese. I really like seeing all different types of cars and hearing them too. Give it a shot. And a nice place to visit on the ride would be this place Bramley's   

Who wouldn't want to hang out with these

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

681211 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    314998 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/27/22 12:22 PM
    DJM48
    212014 1251
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/9/22 4:37 PM
    Joost
    197658 434
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    181137 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    123187 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/25/22 8:11 AM
    M3ike
    52323 67
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    516022 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    471420 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    467122 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    225144 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    223351 1446
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    194844 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    190801 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/27/22 2:59 PM
    Leawood911
    185634 1863
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    184826 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    158652 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    155434 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    151729 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    138147 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    135224 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    133411 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    132650 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    131215 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 11/23/22 5:52 PM
    Enmanuel
    121985 1553
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    102224 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    101515 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    99065 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    74184 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31446 438
    176 items found, displaying 1 to 30.