Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Quote:
    Visitors to the Atelier in Molsheim are always intrigued to see the Veyron's high-tech components being meticulously assembled into an automotive work of art. Watching the car coming together, coupled with an admiration for the technical beauty of its structure, gave the designers the idea of finishing the car in its pure material configuration - meaning no colour coating. The result is the EB 16.4. Veyron "Pur Sang", a two-tone study of pure materialness showing the car's true essentials: carbon and aluminium. The carbon monocoque holds the engine plus the passenger cell, while the polished aluminium panelling is enhanced by reflections in the sculpted bodywork.Interestingly, the rawness of the materials even more strongly highlights the dual character of this car: performance power coupled with cruising comfort, structure and body, dark and light. A closer look at the details reveals the technical logic behind this stylistic appearance. The sophisticated monocoque contains all the core structural components, including the W16 engine, the passenger cell, the crash box and the linkages to the wheels. It is this purpose-driven fundament that is visible as the centre of the car in clear-coated carbon fibre.
    Equally consistent is the use of the aluminium panelling. This lends shape and a unique body sculpture to the car, covering the wheels in a muscular and powerful expression by way of elaborately shaped fenders. Highly polished, these perfectly tensioned shapes strongly visualize the fascinating surface reflections that define every Veyron. The balanced graphic appearance is also visible when looking down onto the car from above. These qualities take on a distinct appearance - almost like that found in a Mondrian painting.
    As its pur sang label suggests, this individualised customer car shares the same kind of DNA as that of classic cars from the Bugatti past: the "Atalante", the Type 55, the Type 41 "Royal" all had an unmistakeable and characteristic graphic signature. It is this precise division of performance components and body panelling - in this form - that makes the EB 16.4. Veyron "Pur Sang" unique in the supercar world.
















    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Wow, sales really must be slow if they resort to this...

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    SKY IS THE LIMIT

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    The sum of its parts is far greater than the hole

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    I love the "chrome" paint with the raw CF finish! It looks awesome!

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Thanks for posting. A bog-standard Veyron in almost any colour would do me very nicely, thanks.

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    I'm not sure I would be very happy if I had just spent over a million Euros on a car and then some marketing knucklehead decided to produce something more exclusive .

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    There is always something more exclusive down the road...

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    There is always something more exclusive down the road...



    True, but not from the same manufacturer and in a span of a year .

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Veyron is a marketing debacle....after endless publicity, VW can only sell 150 of planned 300...just as US/EU (or esp NYC/CA/Lond) are likely heading into a high-end recession....VW needs to also try a Veyron Cab to sell some more units....perhaps free mtce ala BMW would help sales....

    About as absurd is VW's Lambo trying to sell a $1MM+ renovated 640...L still struggles to even sell fast-depreciating G/640s; or engineer competent egear/brakes.....

    Will be interesting to see how F will mkt Enzo 2.0 in terms of pricing/no. of units/global alloc....esp given EU (incl MC/Lond ) struggled to absorb Enzo 1.0 supply even at MSRP....

    Problem (perhaps not realized by mfrs who likely don't know their high-end custs very well) is many/most jaded car nuts who can easily afford any/all alleged supercars are often more impressed by real-world-relevant, daily-enjoyable, latest/greatest-tech cars like 599/CL63 than mfrs' attempts at alleged supercars....most of the alleged supercars are fairly compromised/underwhelming on public roads....and track nuts would prob rather get FXX/430C than any street-legal/compromised road car (and FXX sales are anemic, revealing how few wealthy track nuts exist globally)....

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I love the "chrome" paint with the raw CF finish! It looks awesome!



    No paint ey, just the polished material, probably with some clear coating on it, to prevent stains.
    -Joost-

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    right :}

    that's why you have to wait more than 1 year before you get your Murci/gallardo, because L struggles to sell? (at least in europe)

    that's why the Enzo's (1.0 ) were gone immediatly...

    hey man, get your facts straight first...

    People looking for a Veyron own already 10 run-of-the-mills mercs... no point in giving this as a reason for not being able to shift true supercars

    Quote:
    WBH said:
    Veyron is a marketing debacle....after endless publicity, VW can only sell 150 of planned 300...just as US/EU (or esp NYC/CA/Lond) are likely heading into a high-end recession....VW needs to also try a Veyron Cab to sell some more units....perhaps free mtce ala BMW would help sales....

    About as absurd is VW's Lambo trying to sell a $1MM+ renovated 640...L still struggles to even sell fast-depreciating G/640s; or engineer competent egear/brakes.....

    Will be interesting to see how F will mkt Enzo 2.0 in terms of pricing/no. of units/global alloc....esp given EU (incl MC/Lond ) struggled to absorb Enzo 1.0 supply even at MSRP....

    Problem (perhaps not realized by mfrs who likely don't know their high-end custs very well) is many/most jaded car nuts who can easily afford any/all alleged supercars are often more impressed by real-world-relevant, daily-enjoyable, latest/greatest-tech cars like 599/CL63 than mfrs' attempts at alleged supercars....most of the alleged supercars are fairly compromised/underwhelming on public roads....and track nuts would prob rather get FXX/430C than any street-legal/compromised road car (and FXX sales are anemic, revealing how few wealthy track nuts exist globally)....


    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Quote:
    loe said:
    right :}

    that's why you have to wait more than 1 year before you get your Murci/gallardo, because L struggles to sell? (at least in europe)

    that's why the Enzo's (1.0 ) were gone immediatly...

    hey man, get your facts straight first...

    People looking for a Veyron own already 10 run-of-the-mills mercs... no point in giving this as a reason for not being able to shift true supercars

    Quote:
    WBH said:
    Veyron is a marketing debacle....after endless publicity, VW can only sell 150 of planned 300...just as US/EU (or esp NYC/CA/Lond) are likely heading into a high-end recession....VW needs to also try a Veyron Cab to sell some more units....perhaps free mtce ala BMW would help sales....

    About as absurd is VW's Lambo trying to sell a $1MM+ renovated 640...L still struggles to even sell fast-depreciating G/640s; or engineer competent egear/brakes.....

    Will be interesting to see how F will mkt Enzo 2.0 in terms of pricing/no. of units/global alloc....esp given EU (incl MC/Lond ) struggled to absorb Enzo 1.0 supply even at MSRP....

    Problem (perhaps not realized by mfrs who likely don't know their high-end custs very well) is many/most jaded car nuts who can easily afford any/all alleged supercars are often more impressed by real-world-relevant, daily-enjoyable, latest/greatest-tech cars like 599/CL63 than mfrs' attempts at alleged supercars....most of the alleged supercars are fairly compromised/underwhelming on public roads....and track nuts would prob rather get FXX/430C than any street-legal/compromised road car (and FXX sales are anemic, revealing how few wealthy track nuts exist globally)....





    Over here we have a 2 1/2 year waiting list before you can your LP640

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    loe said:
    right :}

    that's why you have to wait more than 1 year before you get your Murci/gallardo, because L struggles to sell? (at least in europe)

    that's why the Enzo's (1.0 ) were gone immediatly...

    hey man, get your facts straight first...

    People looking for a Veyron own already 10 run-of-the-mills mercs... no point in giving this as a reason for not being able to shift true supercars

    Quote:
    WBH said:
    Veyron is a marketing debacle....after endless publicity, VW can only sell 150 of planned 300...just as US/EU (or esp NYC/CA/Lond) are likely heading into a high-end recession....VW needs to also try a Veyron Cab to sell some more units....perhaps free mtce ala BMW would help sales....

    About as absurd is VW's Lambo trying to sell a $1MM+ renovated 640...L still struggles to even sell fast-depreciating G/640s; or engineer competent egear/brakes.....

    Will be interesting to see how F will mkt Enzo 2.0 in terms of pricing/no. of units/global alloc....esp given EU (incl MC/Lond ) struggled to absorb Enzo 1.0 supply even at MSRP....

    Problem (perhaps not realized by mfrs who likely don't know their high-end custs very well) is many/most jaded car nuts who can easily afford any/all alleged supercars are often more impressed by real-world-relevant, daily-enjoyable, latest/greatest-tech cars like 599/CL63 than mfrs' attempts at alleged supercars....most of the alleged supercars are fairly compromised/underwhelming on public roads....and track nuts would prob rather get FXX/430C than any street-legal/compromised road car (and FXX sales are anemic, revealing how few wealthy track nuts exist globally)....





    Over here we have a 2 1/2 year waiting list before you can your LP640



    Over here 3 lp640 are available in the showroom including the stupid Versace Model. 3 month if u want to order.

    Re: New even more exclusive Bugatti Veyron?

    Bugatti's idea with the Veyron is nothing else, except marketing; and then produce and sell tons of Baby Veyrons IMO...

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    748148 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 8/11/21 2:00 PM
    throt
     
     
     
     
     
    451257 1287
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 9/21/21 11:01 AM
    Leawood911
    166514 1101
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/17/21 8:59 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    65478 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 9/22/21 1:03 AM
    watt
    54137 512
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    46496 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    42953 380
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    11998 29
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    465082 3586
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 6/25/21 2:56 PM
    the-missile
    384876 3506
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 8/12/21 4:57 PM
    Topspeed
    381320 3918
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    347301 3252
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    337098 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    317024 2646
    Porsche 992 GT3 9/17/21 4:41 PM
    lexs4
    262511 2975
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 7/20/21 3:10 PM
    Topspeed
    249880 1567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    167435 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    143219 792
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 4/9/21 4:32 PM
    Topspeed
    117956 1225
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/22/21 1:28 AM
    Leawood911
    101740 749
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/5/21 4:30 PM
    BjoernB
    92203 1221
    McLaren F1 7/10/21 7:43 AM
    BiTurbo
    82017 209
    Lambo Aventador and SV 8/27/21 2:33 PM
    Topspeed
    71349 698
    AMG AMG GT R 7/8/21 3:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    71142 824
    Porsche Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan 11/23/20 6:10 PM
    Topspeed
    50575 596
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 9/14/21 1:11 PM
    BjoernB
    47169 1165
    Others Bugatti Chiron 7/22/21 6:55 PM
    Topspeed
    41905 480
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/24/21 6:30 PM
    Porker
    39705 531
    Porsche Olive 991.2 GT3 Clubsport 1/1/21 7:58 PM
    throt
    38461 615
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 7/7/21 8:38 PM
    Jim_in_Iowa
    30398 394
    269 items found, displaying 1 to 30.