Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

$4M Lamborghini Veneno at Geneva

Surprised there was no thread about it here yet. 750hp, 275lb lighter than the Aventador, lots of aero work obiously. The front end, specifically the lights, remind me of the Audi R18. Seems like a better version of what the Reventon should have been, but the price is just dumb. They are going to make 3 of them and claim they are all sold already. One really has to have more money than sense to buy something like this for $4M.

Re: $4M Lamborghini Veneno at Geneva

It's all ready for the next "Batman" movie....

Too much Batman for me...unless I want to become Batman.
    The front is actually OK, the interior too but the rear is hideous.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Yes, just too much. I wonder who they think the target audience is...

Not difficult to find just 3 buyers.

The shape somehow generates an unpleasant feeling for me. And very rightly so since Veneno means venom in Spanish.

--

"Form follows function"

well that looks bad, really bad. 

RC:

Funny that you like the front, I think it's even worse than the rear. Smiley
    Front lights remind me a lot of the Le Mans racecars from Audi, just horrible. Rear spoiler is way too much, the "gills" of engine bay are impressive, but the whole car is hideous.

Should have called it Lamborghini Vomito instead. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Not a bad design at all, but the most important thing, does the form follows function. Do all the tweaks work or for "beauty"?

--

sportcars-history.com

Rossi:
    RC:

Funny that you like the front, I think it's even worse than the rear. Smiley
    Front lights remind me a lot of the Le Mans racecars from Audi, just horrible. Rear spoiler is way too much, the "gills" of engine bay are impressive, but the whole car is hideous.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley Made my daySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Couldn't agree more!

It's the Mazda Furai with sharp edges and acute angles instead of flowing lines and curves. 

I think the 3 Vomitos will find Doha their new home - with annual summer vacations in marbella/st tropez 

2 Sold to US customers. 1 remains in Lamborghini museum.

What a horrible busy car this Vomito.. a waste of an anniversary car.

I would have made a clean concept like car to represent the core values of what makes a Lambo so special and than I would have made 5 special cars with a theme for each decade.. you know Lime green Muira for the 60s, bright red Countach for the 70s, violet purple Diablo for the 90s... etc. My anniversary car would have looked something like this and played with the colors and interior trim for each of the 5 cars of the 5 decades it celebrates.

Anyways, I hope they realize that this Vomito will go into their history books for all time... such a waste of an opportunity.

Atzporsche:

I would have made a clean concept like car to represent the core values of what makes a Lambo so special and than I would have made 5 special cars with a theme for each decade.. you know Lime green Muira for the 60s, bright red Countach for the 70s, violet purple Diablo for the 90s... etc. My anniversary car would have looked something like this and played with the colors and interior trim for each of the 5 cars of the 5 decades it celebrates.

Anyways, I hope they realize that this Vomito will go into their history books for all time... such a waste of an opportunity.

I still think this is the best lamborghini concept they've ever done. It's a shame it never made it into production. Guess the brand was more concerned with making stuff like the Vomito, rather than remember where it came from and how good they were at just that. 

Anyways if the Veneno is the future of the brand and represents where their design language is going then we're in for a world of dissapointment from Lamborghini. I like the Aventador but it's inches away from being over designed. I fear for the future of lamborghini design. 

the 4Million i'd rather put them into a boat and a house in florida or bahamas. i would have tons of million i would never get this car. Looks like they want to go on the moon. Well this is not for me. Sorry

--

997 GT3,Cayenne S, Cooper S & VW Cross Polo

Sometimes, I wish there was a 'like' button on RennTeam.

Enmanuel:
    Atzporsche:

I still think this is the best lamborghini concept they've ever done. It's a shame it never made it into production. Guess the brand was more concerned with making stuff like the Vomito, rather than remember where it came from and how good they were at just that. 

Anyways if the Veneno is the future of the brand and represents where their design language is going then we're in for a world of dissapointment from Lamborghini. I like the Aventador but it's inches away from being over designed. I fear for the future of lamborghini design. 

When the concept was created back in something 2006 for the anniversary of the Muira, Lambo boss said that they will NEVER do a retro version ever.. they are in the business for the future. All the more sad that they didn't decide for this special occasion to put out just a few beautifully round smooth Lambo's with a 2013 date on it... how special would these be in 20 years? It would nicely offset with their modern counters and serve as a true reminder to the past, the anniversary.

Lambo are like an addict in denial. They do nothing but retro. The only issue is that the retro design the keep reworking is the extremely angular Countach. You can trace elements of it's design through every successive V12 they have made. It's time they moved on and rediscovered classic design instead of constantly going for cliched angular cars that are designed to shock rather than beguile. Why they keep ignoring the beautiful curves of the Miura which is almost universally acknowledged as Ground Zero for the super car is a mystery. The transverse layout of the Miura allowed far more compact packaging which should be very attractive now with the desire to reduce weight and cut emissions. Modern engineering should be able to overcome the shortcomings of that particular design.

The first generation Diablo models now look ridiculously dated and will not prove to be the lasting design icons that the Miura and first generation Countach Periscopa were. I think the Aventador is set to suffer the same fate as it to is heavily over styled. The original Murcielago will age far more gracefully IMHO as it is a much simpler and purer design.

100% agreed It would do them a whole lot of good to tie their great past into the future more.

couldn't have said it better myself. 

Rossi:

Or Lamborghini Venerial... 

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part I) Thread Closed 9/24/20 12:47 AM
    watt
    582768 2849
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/30/20 9:03 AM
    rhino

358483 1279
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/10/21 2:32 PM
    Joost
    86649 1085
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 5/8/21 9:11 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    44832 342
    Porsche Sticky ROAD TEST: New 992 Carrera 4S 3/3/21 10:57 PM
    Wonderbar
    35439 336
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/19/20 6:12 PM
    Leawood911
    33242 380
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/6/21 4:40 AM
    4trac
    16566 342
    Porsche Sticky Porsche extends the Taycan model range (Taycan 2WD) 2/1/21 12:42 PM
    Leawood911
    4470 29
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 7/27/20 2:13 AM
    DJM48
    564240 5257
    Porsche Cayman GT4 5/4/21 4:46 PM
    Topspeed
    404447 3586
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/25/21 4:04 PM
    Topspeed
    357830 3916
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/29/21 7:24 AM
    GnilM
    354527 3494
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/28/21 12:26 PM
    W8MM
    315770 3252
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/8/20 7:51 PM
    DJM48
    310045 2646
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/28/21 8:05 PM
    Topspeed
    217555 1542
    Porsche Tesla Roadster 9/23/20 8:22 PM
    bluelines
    188896 4279
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 2/11/21 9:22 AM
    Itsme
    161196 1379
    Others Alfa Romeo 4C 9/23/20 10:22 AM
    RCA
    138266 792
    Porsche 992 GT3 5/7/21 4:00 AM