Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    ...is on sale from today.

    Euro 130.600,00 in Germany with Mwst.

    0-100km/h: 5.5s
    Max: 250km/h(limited)
    2605kg

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    thanks!

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    500ps and 1000nm?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    So the only question is...
    When will Mike_S get his?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Good lord what a price. That is bound to cost a fortune in countries where cars are taxed based on displacement and weight.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Good lord what a price. That is bound to cost a fortune in countries where cars are taxed based on displacement and weight.



    Your comment is well, strange, specially if we compare its natural competitor Cayenne Turbo S...

    Euro 132.774,00 with Mwst. Germany

    0-100km/h:4.8s
    Max: 280km/h
    2355kg
    358g/km CO2 emission

    BTW, Audi Q7 V12 TDI CO2 emission is 298g/km...

    With same equipment level CTS is about Euro 12K more expensive...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    True the Cayenne Turbo is in the same price range but a whole lot more faster and nimble.

    Predicted sales for the Q7 V12 in 2008: 12 cars.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Good lord what a price. That is bound to cost a fortune in countries where cars are taxed based on displacement and weight.



    Your comment is well, strange, specially if we compare its natural competitor Cayenne Turbo S...

    Euro 132.774,00 with Mwst. Germany

    0-100km/h:4.8s
    Max: 280km/h
    2355kg
    358g/km CO2 emission

    BTW, Audi Q7 V12 TDI CO2 emission is 298g/km...

    With same equipment level CTS is about Euro 12K more expensive...



    I would be interested in how the Q7V12 feels (throttle response, vibrations of the engine, sound, power delivery over the rev range). However, if I had to choose between CTS and Q7V12 I would probably go for the CTS. Having said that, I am not a SUV customer at all. So everything is just theory in my case

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Owning an 04 CTT and a 4.2 Q7, I don't see how the Q7 will come even close in driving feel and interior quality...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    True the Cayenne Turbo is in the same price range but a whole lot more faster and nimble.

    Predicted sales for the Q7 V12 in 2008: 12 cars.



    You want win any bet...

    Just Audi Moscow ordered 45 Q7 V12...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Good lord what a price. That is bound to cost a fortune in countries where cars are taxed based on displacement and weight.



    Your comment is well, strange, specially if we compare its natural competitor Cayenne Turbo S...

    Euro 132.774,00 with Mwst. Germany

    0-100km/h:4.8s
    Max: 280km/h
    2355kg
    358g/km CO2 emission

    BTW, Audi Q7 V12 TDI CO2 emission is 298g/km...

    With same equipment level CTS is about Euro 12K more expensive...



    I would be interested in how the Q7V12 feels (throttle response, vibrations of the engine, sound, power delivery over the rev range). However, if I had to choose between CTS and Q7V12 I would probably go for the CTS. Having said that, I am not a SUV customer at all. So everything is just theory in my case



    Fully agree regarding SUVs in general!

    I am as you are very interesting to try Q7 V12 TDI just to see how it drives...

    For me of course RS6 Sedan!

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Good lord what a price. That is bound to cost a fortune in countries where cars are taxed based on displacement and weight.



    Your comment is well, strange, specially if we compare its natural competitor Cayenne Turbo S...

    Euro 132.774,00 with Mwst. Germany

    0-100km/h:4.8s
    Max: 280km/h
    2355kg
    358g/km CO2 emission

    BTW, Audi Q7 V12 TDI CO2 emission is 298g/km...

    With same equipment level CTS is about Euro 12K more expensive...



    I would be interested in how the Q7V12 feels (throttle response, vibrations of the engine, sound, power delivery over the rev range). However, if I had to choose between CTS and Q7V12 I would probably go for the CTS. Having said that, I am not a SUV customer at all. So everything is just theory in my case



    Fully agree regarding SUVs in general!

    I am as you are very interesting to try Q7 V12 TDI just to see how it drives...

    For me of course RS6 Sedan!



    A man of exquisite taste!

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Owning an 04 CTT and a 4.2 Q7, I don't see how the Q7 will come even close in ... interior quality...



    Are you serious ? The quality and feel of the pebbly plastic on the panels and doors of the Cayenne are worse than on the pre-1990 model year 986 and 996 , if that's possible.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Cayenne TURBO, all leather and alcantara, gorgeous...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Will this be available in the U.S. ?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Most likely not. Audi are already in the process of building their image in the US, Diesel is very unpopular and the car is slower than the 66% cheaper and more agile Cayenne Turbo. Marketing the car in the US wouldn't be worth the very handful of cars they would manage to sell in there.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    That is very expensive. I think the biggest issue is, it is a big leap in price from the next cheapest Q7. Based on prices of the CTT S and Q7 4.2 here, would it be accurate to say that the V12 TDI is double the price of the next most expensive Q7? And 75% more than a ML63! I think Emperor is just about right. Outside of Russia and China where SUV and new money is in abundance, Audi will sell 12 of these. Mike S will be one of the buyers outside of Russia and China.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Hard to say right now. Chances are slim...

    BTW, regarding prices... CTS is with SAME equipment level Euro 20K more expensive in Germany then Q7 V12 TDI...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Most likely not. Audi are already in the process of building their image in the US, Diesel is very unpopular and the car is slower than the 66% cheaper and more agile Cayenne Turbo. Marketing the car in the US wouldn't be worth the very handful of cars they would manage to sell in there.



    Depends on the price Audi will set for the US. If I am not mistaken, the CTTS is just as expensive in Europe.

    Anyway, Kreso, what's the gas mileage on this car?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Most likely not. Audi are already in the process of building their image in the US, Diesel is very unpopular and the car is slower than the 66% cheaper and more agile Cayenne Turbo. Marketing the car in the US wouldn't be worth the very handful of cars they would manage to sell in there.



    Depends on the price Audi will set for the US. If I am not mistaken, the CTTS is just as expensive in Europe.

    Anyway, Kreso, what's the gas mileage on this car?



    Kraftstoffverbrauch (1999/100/EG)
    städtisch 14,8 l
    außerstädtisch 9,3 l
    insgesamt 11,3 l
    CO2-Emissionen 298 g/km
    Emissionsklasse (94/12/EG) EU4

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Most likely not. Audi are already in the process of building their image in the US, Diesel is very unpopular and the car is slower than the 66% cheaper and more agile Cayenne Turbo. Marketing the car in the US wouldn't be worth the very handful of cars they would manage to sell in there.



    Depends on the price Audi will set for the US. If I am not mistaken, the CTTS is just as expensive in Europe.

    Anyway, Kreso, what's the gas mileage on this car?



    Kraftstoffverbrauch (1999/100/EG)
    städtisch 14,8 l
    außerstädtisch 9,3 l
    insgesamt 11,3 l
    CO2-Emissionen 298 g/km
    Emissionsklasse (94/12/EG) EU4



    That's comparable to the V6 Cayenne, I reckon. Not bad at all!

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    don't mean to stir up anything but isn't this board about sports cars like?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    hugo said:
    don't mean to stir up anything but isn't this board about sports cars like?



    True. However, every enthusiast needs a daily driver .

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    hugo said:
    don't mean to stir up anything but isn't this board about sports cars like?



    ...and what about Cayenne board then? Oh yeah, it is Porsche...

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Will this be available in the U.S. ?



    Most likely not. Audi are already in the process of building their image in the US, Diesel is very unpopular and the car is slower than the 66% cheaper and more agile Cayenne Turbo. Marketing the car in the US wouldn't be worth the very handful of cars they would manage to sell in there.



    Depends on the price Audi will set for the US. If I am not mistaken, the CTTS is just as expensive in Europe.
    /quote]
    Exactly. The car is 130k in Europe and it's going to be such as much in the US but in dollars. Further more the depreciating value of the dollar means that Audi wouldn't any money on the car since they would be selling so few of them in the US. It's just not worth it. Barely any of the three big German manufacturers markets or sell their diesel cars in the US.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Discover said:
    So the only question is...
    When will Mike_S get his?



    I forgot I had a deposit down for one

    Have they released final images of what the production model will look like Kreso? With soaring diesel prices, it will be far less attractive then what the V10 Touareg TDi was when it was first launched.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:
    So the only question is...
    When will Mike_S get his?



    I forgot I had a deposit down for one

    Have they released final images of what the production model will look like Kreso? With soaring diesel prices, it will be far less attractive then what the V10 Touareg TDi was when it was first launched.



    http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2009-q7_v12_tdi/

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    I'm not an SUV fan, but I like it.

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:
    So the only question is...
    When will Mike_S get his?



    I forgot I had a deposit down for one

    Have they released final images of what the production model will look like Kreso? With soaring diesel prices, it will be far less attractive then what the V10 Touareg TDi was when it was first launched.



    http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2009-q7_v12_tdi/



    Thanks Kreso!

    I don't know if it will be a design flaw, but to have the exhaust tips sitting so flush and close to the bumper could be irritating with a diesel. The surrounds are going to be covered with black soet (sp?)!

    Have they released official hp/nm figures?

    Re: Audi Q7 V12 TDI...

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Cayenne TURBO, all leather and alcantara, gorgeous...



    Regardless of the leather appointments, the car's interior is nothing to write home about. I like the Q7's interior better but then again it may be that I'm sick of looking at my Cayenne's interior.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    612905 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    247192 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 8/10/22 7:55 AM
    GnilM
    138344 1117
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/2/22 7:50 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    134622 408
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 8/10/22 1:37 PM
    Topspeed
    115478 532
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    52244 1
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM
    Topspeed
    540011 3587
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/28/21 3:25 AM
    WhoopsyM
    450825 3507
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    447458 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/17/21 5:18 PM
    Rossi
    413595 3256
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    401788 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 8/1/22 9:33 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    386795 3694
    Porsche OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 9/29/21 1:59 AM
    watt
    313422 1587
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    161893 1446
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 2/10/22 9:08 PM
    Topspeed
    159946 772
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    131906 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    129301 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 8/5/22 9:15 PM
    CGX car nut
    118160 1765
    Porsche GT4RS 8/10/22 8:01 AM
    GaussM
    110666 993
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    97112 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 4/12/22 9:24 PM
    blueflame
    95502 520
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    92550 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    82098 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 7/13/22 8:06 PM
    blueflame
    75640 485
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    75615 593
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    74269 722
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    70378 443
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 8/9/22 8:10 PM
    WhoopsyM
    51675 1200
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    45156 335
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    44652 640
    205 items found, displaying 1 to 30.