Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Does anyone know what it would take to put a 997 GT2 front apron/bumper on a 997 TT; would you just replace the existing arrangement and the assorted ducts or would it require more extensive body work? I like the slightly more aggressive air ducts on the GT2 without the fog lamps.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Ask Rami, he is going do it very soon

    .. with some other 'small' changes

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    My dealer ordered all the parts but my car will be at RUF till the end of January. When it's back it will go straight to the dealer so that he can take care of the GT2 front bumper install. So right now, I honestly don't know ... and neither do they since I will be the first (for them).

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Thanks Rami - I'll look forward to hearing your report; a parts list from your dealer would be very helpful once they finish the job. I assume that the radiators are different which may complicate the install a little, but all the major pieces must be identical as they just don't make that many parts to justify all the tooling costs.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Yes, I'd be VERY interested in getting the parts list and installation tips if possible. So, yes, I'm waiting eagerly to hear how it goes for you, Rami.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Have you guys thought about the aero changes (downforce) this implies? If you change the front end, you most likely need to change the rear. Unless, it's only for show and aero performance never matters...

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Have you guys thought about the aero changes (downforce) this implies? If you change the front end, you most likely need to change the rear. Unless, it's only for show and aero performance never matters...



    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.



    Are you sure Jason?
    I fear additions like that spoil the beautiful clean lines of the "standard" 911. The front bumper of the GT2 seems cleaner to me than the TT's, that's why I can imagine putting it on, but the rear?!? It makes the already busy TT look even busier I fear.
    -Joost-

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Same here ... I will also make changes to the rear of the car. I hope it will become clear in a month or so
    I'll make sure to keep the list for whoever is interested.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Thanks, another interested here.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Joost, that's why I said, "or something else like it." I haven't fully decided what yet but it'd have to be functional to a point where it'd work well with the front GT2 bumper. I'm not doing this on visual looks alone.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    hehe, Jason, I think I understand.
    You might want to check out the Gemballa GTR rear wing. I think it will add some downforce, but is not as obr]trusive as the 996 and 997 GT2 wings...
    -Joost-


    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.



    Are you sure Jason?
    I fear additions like that spoil the beautiful clean lines of the "standard" 911. The front bumper of the GT2 seems cleaner to me than the TT's, that's why I can imagine putting it on, but the rear?!? It makes the already busy TT look even busier I fear.
    -Joost-




    I agree. You guys should wait and think about it for several months.

    It could be like a gorgeous woman who starts thinking she needs her lips inflated or her boobs overfilled. It's unnecessary AND after the surgery she actually looks freaky, not more beautiful.

    Just trying to help... .

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Ohhhh! _THAT'S_ a nice front end. Better than stock TT. Niiiice. Forget what I said above.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.



    Are you sure Jason?
    I fear additions like that spoil the beautiful clean lines of the "standard" 911. The front bumper of the GT2 seems cleaner to me than the TT's, that's why I can imagine putting it on, but the rear?!? It makes the already busy TT look even busier I fear.
    -Joost-




    I agree. You guys should wait and think about it for several months.

    It could be like a gorgeous woman who starts thinking she needs her lips inflated or her boobs overfilled. It's unnecessary AND after the surgery she actually looks freaky, not more beautiful.

    Just trying to help... .



    MMD, considering Rami uses his at 160+ mph all the time, using GT2 aerodynamics is an extremely good idea.

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.



    Are you sure Jason?
    I fear additions like that spoil the beautiful clean lines of the "standard" 911. The front bumper of the GT2 seems cleaner to me than the TT's, that's why I can imagine putting it on, but the rear?!? It makes the already busy TT look even busier I fear.
    -Joost-




    I agree. You guys should wait and think about it for several months.

    It could be like a gorgeous woman who starts thinking she needs her lips inflated or her boobs overfilled. It's unnecessary AND after the surgery she actually looks freaky, not more beautiful.

    Just trying to help... .



    MMD, considering Rami uses his at 160+ mph all the time, using GT2 aerodynamics is an extremely good idea.



    Yeah, I really should try driving more under 160mph next year

    Re: 997 GT2 Front Apron (bumper) on 997TT?

    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Already thought of that. I'm planning to get the GT2 rear wing or something else like it.



    Are you sure Jason?
    I fear additions like that spoil the beautiful clean lines of the "standard" 911. The front bumper of the GT2 seems cleaner to me than the TT's, that's why I can imagine putting it on, but the rear?!? It makes the already busy TT look even busier I fear.
    -Joost-




    I agree. You guys should wait and think about it for several months.

    It could be like a gorgeous woman who starts thinking she needs her lips inflated or her boobs overfilled. It's unnecessary AND after the surgery she actually looks freaky, not more beautiful.

    Just trying to help... .



    MMD, considering Rami uses his at 160+ mph all the time, using GT2 aerodynamics is an extremely good idea.



    Yeah, I really should try driving more under 160mph next year



    Yes, you should. But you won't .

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    767929 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    438154 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261633 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258775 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    83266 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5352 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    878118 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    811048 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM
    nberry
    389021 1526
    Porsche GT4RS 4/17/24 8:53 PM
    GaussM
    387138 1452
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 12/13/23 2:48 PM
    CGX car nut
    370067 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/3/23 12:30 PM
    Porker
    367613 797
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 4/21/23 8:09 AM
    the-missile
    291218 550
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 4/11/24 12:32 PM
    Ferdie
    287299 668
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 10/19/23 7:06 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    259747 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/30/23 6:59 PM
    mcdelaug
    238330 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 6/25/23 2:53 PM
    Enmanuel
    226936 101
    Others Corvette C8 10/16/23 3:24 PM
    Enmanuel
    220530 488
    Others Gordon Murray - T.50 11/22/23 10:27 AM
    mcdelaug
    167703 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 6/11/23 5:13 PM
    CGX car nut
    139614 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 12/29/23 9:04 AM
    RCA
    116249 303
    Motor Sp. 2023 Formula One 12/19/23 5:38 AM
    WhoopsyM
    107866 685
    Others Valkyrie final design? 4/28/23 2:45 AM
    Rossi
    99440 219
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 3/7/24 4:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    83776 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 2/23/24 10:03 PM
    blueflame
    74927 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/3/24 7:22 PM
    WhoopsyM
    53345 314
    Motor Sp. Porsche 963 3/16/24 9:27 PM
    WhoopsyM
    24791 237
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 1/21/24 4:29 PM
    GT-Boy
    21027 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 4/8/24 1:43 PM
    Ferdie
    19297 140
    AMG G63 sold out 9/15/23 7:38 PM
    Nico997
    16491 120
    129 items found, displaying 1 to 30.