Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bugatti Veyron Supersport

The last 30 cars of Veyron are going to be more powerful 1200hp a bit lighter and totally new ayerodynamic styling..

The name is Supersport..

--
    na

Re: Bugatti Veyron Supersport

http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/06/19/rumours-bugatti-veyron-supersport-confirmed/

"If the leak is credible then it appears to have confirmed that there will only be thirty made with a 1200bhp engine and a price tag of € 1,650,000. Further to this, carsuk also claim that there will be a 300kg reduction in weight with a number of aerodynamic adjustments to differentiate the flagship model". 

Wow sucks to have the Veyron.1 in your garage. 300kg lighter, aero changes, what are they thinking at this level. There are most Veyron trims then honda accord offers

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

They are thinking, we make so much money on this car, how can we afford not to keep doing this?

Atzporsche:

Wow sucks to have the Veyron.1 in your garage. 300kg lighter, aero changes, what are they thinking at this level. There are most Veyron trims then honda accord offers

Isn't that THE problem of today's (sports) cars?

If you buy a 997.2 TT, shortly after there will be a TTS. If you decide for the new MP4-12C which will be delivered in 2011, there's already the saying about a more extreme sports version. If you buy a SLS, you won't have to wait long for the Black Series model. And Ferrari's Challenge Stradale/Scuderia is another example how to milk the customers, not to mention what Lamborghini does with Balboni and Superleggera versions. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Technology and marketing marches on. The need faster cars to sell NEW ones, else everyone who get them used.

Two scenarios:

1) stick to last gen, buy a 2 year old car and save a lot of cash

2) money is not important, get the lastest always

wedouglas:

They are thinking, we make so much money on this car, how can we afford not to keep doing this?

Actually the Veyron is more of a marketing technique. They don't make money out of them, but it gives more prestige to the VW group for owning Bugatti.

SciFrog:

Technology and marketing marches on. The need faster cars to sell NEW ones, else everyone who get them used.

Two scenarios:

I have no problems to get always the latest, but the time between the latest and the latest is becoming too short.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    SciFrog:

Two scenarios:

I have no problems to get always the latest, but the time between the latest and the latest is becoming too short.

Exactly, if the OEM has a clear FL strategy I am OK with that. For example, with Porsche you know - and I hope that this remains unchanged - that a new version is due after approx. three years. Ferrari has even longer model cycles. Both is fine.

On the other hand: what Lmborghini does is inacceptable. 

Now, the question will be: how will a new producer like McLaren position itself Smiley The risk is that they don't have to lose reputation - regarding model cycles - as they are a new OEM Smiley

Enmanuel:
    wedouglas:

Actually the Veyron is more of a marketing technique. They don't make money out of them, but it gives more prestige to the VW group for owning Bugatti.

Highly doubt it. I believe they may not have profited over the entire development cost, but I assure you they make a shit load of money on the cars themselves. You really think those optional wheels cost $80K? haha

worst ever was mercedes with the facelift of the SL. first facelift then complete facelift few months later.

what a joke. buddy of mine ordered the original sl55 the went for the facelifted sl55 less than a year later only to be confronted with another one within just  few months. gave them the finger instead of an order

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I remember that, my dad got the facelifted round light SL500 and then the damn new thing came out with ugly lights and weird new grille. Very weird marketing from Benz indeed. Cannot wait for the all new SL though, 3 facelifts is too much.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

I remember that, my dad got the facelifted round light SL500 and then the damn new thing came out with ugly lights and weird new grille. Very weird marketing from Benz indeed. Cannot wait for the all new SL though, 3 facelifts is too much.

Do you talk about the current facelifted version? I actually like the new front Smiley

Ya, well its decent, but the shape/appearance of the car is still too much like the old one hence i feel like it has a wrong front every time i see one. They should have changed some other bits, fenders, doors or rear to differenciate...

This is hot...

This is NOT 

HOWEVER, THIS IS HOT AGAIN

--

Hey Aaron, I have no knowledge whatsoever about mercedes, but judging on looks; you're right! :-D

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I figured that if the center grille in the lower bumper makes a V is does NOT fit the SL. If it does an A shape however, it's more fitting design wise.

--

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport driven by Autocar...

Bugatti Veyron 8.0 W16 Super Sport -- FIRST DRIVE

Test date: 17 October 2010

What is it?

There are all sorts of crazed statistics about the new £2m Bugatti Veyron Super Sport with which you can fray the outer edges of your imagination. Quite apart from the fact that it boasts 198bhp beyond that of the regular 987bhp Veyron and can do 268mph, when the crankshaft of this car’s 8.0-litre W16 engine is rotating at precisely 6400rpm in seventh gear, it will quaff its way through a 100-litre tank of fuel in just under eight minutes.

The W16 quad-turbo engine also develops its maximum torque figure the entire time between 3000 and 5000rpm, so there is no torque ‘peak’ as such. How much twisting power does it actually generate? How does 1105lb ft grab you? Or, to put it another way, near enough twice as much as a Noble M600 – one of the most potent cars anyone on this magazine has ever driven.

But the number to end all numbers concerning the Super Sport, the one that will stop you in your tracks and make you either laugh or cry, is this; in the same time that it takes a McLaren F1 to get from rest to 200mph, the Veyron SS can go from zero to 200mph and back again – and then do zero to 60mph as well. Think about that for a moment – and then think about it for a little while longer.

There will be just 30 Veyron Super Sports in total, each one handmade at Bugatti’s small factory in Molsheim, at the foothills near the woods of Alsace. So far Bugati has sold some 260 Veyrons since the original planned batch of 300 went on sale in 2005. Think of the Super Sport therefore as the last and final version – the best version no less – of the world’s best car.

What’s it like?

What’s perhaps most amazing of all about this most amazing of cars, however, is that despite its heart-wrenching, lung-bursting performance, it is also quite incredibly civilised to drive. Such was Bugatti’s desire to provide the Super Sport with a refined personality, the overall impression you get after spending a day at the wheel is indeed one of supreme luxury.

When you put your foot down and feel your internal organs squeezed to one side under the sheer g-force, there is also the unique, rather lovely sensation of sitting in your favourite armchair in your favourite lounge while doing so. And in the end it is the Veyron Super Sport’s pure breadth of ability that separates it so completely from the rest of the automotive world – the fact that it can throw you at the horizon with sufficient force to make you feel physically uncomfortable, while at the same time providing you with the sights, sounds and smells of the most luxuriant car money can buy.

By fitting bigger turbos, bigger intercoolers and improving the way it breathes, Bugatti was able to generate the extra power and torque required without trying too hard at all. What needed rather more time, effort and re-engineering skill was making sure the powertrain remained cool enough when on full reheat – as did the retuning of the chassis, suspension, braking and steering systems. And, most crucially of all, the aerodynamic package as well.

Because the Super Sport accelerates that much faster than the regular Veyron, the speed and angle at which it deploys its various wings had to be completely recalibrated – otherwise, says Bugatti, the car would have become ‘terminally unstable’ before it got anywhere near its top speed. Hence the reason the massive bi-plane wing now emerges from the redesigned rear bodywork at 180kmh and at a different speed/angle compared with the standard car, whose wing doesn’t appear until 220kmh.

You can genuinely feel the difference on the move, too. The Super Sport very obviously has more straight-line performance than before; however fast you think it might feel when you put your foot to the floor and hold it there for a few seconds, double it, add another 100 per cent and you still won’t be anywhere near. Yet despite its ability to go into hyperspace harder and faster than the standard car, the Super Sport’s extra high speed stability and, surprisingly, its superior ride comfort (afforded by a set of ultra-trick new Sachs dampers) are every bit as apparent as its extra go.

And that’s before you even mention its gearbox, which remains, in my humble opinion, the stand-out item in a car that hits quite a few peaks. The speed and smoothness with which the Super Sport shifts gear, up or down its seven ratios, is absolutely and completely extraordinary. The fact that it has 1105lb ft of torque to deal with while doing so proves, more than any other aspect of this incredible car, just how big an achievement the Veyron – Super Sport or otherwise – actually is.

Should I buy one?

As swansongs go the Veyron Super Sport will take some beating. Of the other 25 Super Sports that Bugatti will make over the next two years, just six cars remain unsold. If you fancy one, in other words, best get on the phone to the UK’s most renowned Bugatti dealer, Jack Barclay of Berkley Square, London, PDQ.

Let’s hope, no, let us pray that there’s more to come from Planet Molsheim in the months and years to come.

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

Price: 1.65m euros, plus local taxes; 0-62mph: 2.5sec (claimed); Top speed: 268mph; Economy: 12.2mpg; CO2: 539g/km; Kerb weight: 1838kg; Engine: W16, 7993cc, petrol, turbocharged; Installation: mid, longitudinal, four wheel-drive; Power: 1184bhp at 6400rpm; Torque: 1105lb ft at 3000-5000rpm; Power-to-weight: 644bhp per tonne; Gearbox: 7-speed paddle shift dual-clutch

Smiley SmileySmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

628476 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 8/6/22 1:00 AM
    W8MM
    264062 1183
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 10/2/22 12:14 AM
    watt
    158959 1176
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 9/30/22 10:36 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    149822 418
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/5/22 2:19 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    132527 577
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 1/15/22 10:41 PM
    watt
    67405 1
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 10/5/22 3:56 AM
    BONES
    3080 21
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/5/21 7:04 PM