Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bad Experience - BH Porsche

So as some of you know, the check engine light on my 997S has been going on and off and the idle engine speed has occasionaly fluctuated. I finally brought the car into Beverly Hills Porsche to have them look at it. Of course, at the time I brought the car in, the light was not on. As you might guess, they could not find anything wrong with the car. That was a little annoying because I know I will be back when the light comes back on.

But here comes the kicker. . . They pull the car up and there are a dozen or so long, thick scratches on the front bumper! The scratches were not too deep and they were able to buff them out most of the way and re-wax the bumper. But I am weary of what the bumper is going to look like once that wax wears off. BH Porsche has offered to paint the bumper and I may have them do that after I have my body shop guy look at it. To their credit, they were very apologetic and offered to paint the bumper at whatever shop I want and they will give me a free oil change when I am ready. But I just cannot believe the level of negligence at a place that handles dozens of $100K+ cars on a daily basis.

And here's the real kicker. This is my second Porsche 911 that they have scratched. Can you f'ing believe it? Yeah, they also scratched my 996, which had to be painted, several years ago. Thank God for leasing.

U-Boat

Re: Bad Experience - BH Porsche

i tell ya man, that's why i took mine to rusnak pasadena

U Boat,
    Whilst I'm not trying to minimize what occurred....'cos I would have been PISSED if it had happened to me, everyone makes mistakes (I had a Ferrari 360 where the dealer 'ripped' part of the front bumper with a jack trolley) surely what you have too do is judge them on how they address the problem when it's brought to their attention, and in this case they offered to pay for a repaint at any bodyshop (I suggest Avio) and give you a free oil change.

I've had first class treatment from BH Porsche service dept. & when something has gone wrong they've always stepped up to the plate to make things right. I presume you dealt with Trevor when you found the scratches.

Quote:
    maoun said:
    i tell ya man, that's why i took mine to rusnak pasadena

My friend had an even worse experience at Rusnak!
    I'll stick with BH Porsche for now. They haven't done anything to me yet!

Wow I find it hard to believe they scratched 2 of your cars. I know I don't work for BH Porsche but to me they should at least replace the bumper.

I found that the best way to show a car problem that as a rule always never happens when you get to the service department, is to video tape the problem.
    I had a Volvo that had a noise that only happened when the car was cold , so obviously when I took the car to the dealer it never showed up again, they kept the car , Etc, but nothing , then out of frustation I set up a video camera with the sound and date and time on the screen and video tape it , then they were able to find the problem.

Tell them to stop drinking while repairing your car!

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    So as some of you know, the check engine light on my 997S has been going on and off and the idle engine speed has occasionaly fluctuated. I finally brought the car into Beverly Hills Porsche to have them look at it. Of course, at the time I brought the car in, the light was not on. As you might guess, they could not find anything wrong with the car. That was a little annoying because I know I will be back when the light comes back on.

But here comes the kicker. . . They pull the car up and there are a dozen or so long, thick scratches on the front bumper! The scratches were not too deep and they were able to buff them out most of the way and re-wax the bumper. But I am weary of what the bumper is going to look like once that wax wears off. BH Porsche has offered to paint the bumper and I may have them do that after I have my body shop guy look at it. To their credit, they were very apologetic and offered to paint the bumper at whatever shop I want and they will give me a free oil change when I am ready. But I just cannot believe the level of negligence at a place that handles dozens of $100K+ cars on a daily basis.

And here's the real kicker. This is my second Porsche 911 that they have scratched. Can you f'ing believe it? Yeah, they also scratched my 996, which had to be painted, several years ago. Thank God for leasing.

U-Boat

Man that sucks big time! Whenever I have taken my car in to the dealer here in Tokyo, I tell him clearly - if he scratches my car then he can keep it! End of discussion! The Japs take very good car when they handle you car - I wouldn't feel bad about keeping the 997S loaner they give me if something happened to my car!

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:

U-Boat

I suggest taking a good look at the porters at any car establishment. Granted, it is hard for owners to get real motivated and responsible porters for their establishment...

My friend just purchased a BMW M5 and at our local Bimmer dealership, they offer to drive the car over to you, but I suggested that he picked it up...

The porters love flooring the cars, even if the engines aren't broken in

One porter at my local Porsche Audi got in 5 accidents before they fired him because his dad was a dealer... nepotism

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    My friend had an even worse experience at Rusnak!
    I'll stick with BH Porsche for now. They haven't done anything to me yet!

it's a massive conspiracy.

Here's one for worry: The service manager said that this sort of thing happens more frequently than you would think and if they do less than $3000 of damage they are not even required by law to tell you about it if they fix it. And I assume that means they do not tell you about it. Next time your service department calls you and tells you that they need an extra day or two to fix your car, now you know why.

Well, I didn't want to say this when it happened, but when I brought in my 997S to have the PSE and sport shifter installed almost a year ago (at a dealer who I won't name), I noticed the next day or two that there was a nice scratch on top of the left hood housing the headlight and two lesser scratches on the right side. I'm pretty careful of where I park my car (at work only, pretty much) and the car was immaculate until I after I took my car in. I'm pretty sure it happened at this dealer but I'm not sure it happened while it was being worked on or when they parked the car outside when they were done. Because I didn't check for scraches right before I brought it in, I'm not 100% sure it happened there, so I didn't complain. But I'm about 90% sure.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 5/18/22 6:36 PM
    Pilot

681193 1306
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 10/9/22 4:08 PM
    watt
    314980 1186
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 11/27/22 12:22 PM
    DJM48
    211996 1251
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 11/9/22 4:37 PM
    Joost
    197640 434
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review 10/6/22 12:37 AM
    WhoopsyM
    181115 580
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 11/22/22 8:19 PM
    GaussM
    123163 9
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 11/25/22 8:11 AM
    M3ike
    52303 67
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/1/22 10:14 PM
    SSO.
    516004 3954
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 2/1/22 9:49 AM
    RCA
    471402 2655
    Porsche 992 GT3 11/27/22 2:46 AM
    WhoopsyM
    467097 3785
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 9/30/22 6:31 PM
    Grant
    225126 774
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 7/30/22 11:46 AM
    Wonderbar
    223331 1446
    AMG AMG GT R 3/13/22 8:52 PM
    spudgun
    194826 834
    Lambo Aventador and SV 5/20/22 5:24 PM
    Topspeed
    190784 710
    Others Tesla 2 the new thread 10/27/22 2:59 PM
    Leawood911
    185615 1863
    Porsche GT4RS 11/24/22 3:09 AM
    GnilM
    184811 1193
    Motor Sp. [2021] Formula 1 4/19/22 10:08 PM
    Leawood911
    158637 1590
    Others Bugatti Chiron 8/30/22 4:31 PM
    Josef
    155419 525
    Ferrari Ferrari 812 Superfast 6/12/22 5:09 PM
    watt
    151714 535
    BMW M BMW M2 Rumors 2/28/22 7:42 PM
    Topspeed
    138130 409
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 10/6/22 11:48 PM
    DJM48
    135209 501
    Lambo Urus (SUV) 6/7/22 1:20 PM
    Topspeed
    133396 593
    Others Corvette C8 7/18/22 12:40 PM
    WhoopsyM
    132633 443
    Porsche Dave and Gnil @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 7/4/22 10:42 PM
    DaveGordon
    131200 722
    Motor Sp. [2022] Formula 1 11/23/22 5:52 PM
    Enmanuel
    121962 1553
    Others Toyota Yaris GR 4/13/22 8:33 PM
    Grant
    102208 640
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 7/21/22 8:37 AM
    RCA
    101500 335
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 10/24/22 7:42 AM
    RCA
    99050 402
    Ferrari Wandered to the dark side 8/29/22 9:35 AM
    BiTurbo
    74168 418
    Ferrari Ferrari Roma 4/18/22 4:33 PM
    watt
    31446 438
    176 items found, displaying 1 to 30.