Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

red stitching on black seats

I am looking for pictures of red stitching on black seats. I know I have seen pictures of a few cars that had this...Does it look good?

Re: red stitching on black seats

I'm afraid to get deviated stitching because it may __seem__ to be a good idea _only_ at the time I ordered it.

For example, kinda like this "stitching:"

Reminds me of an _LSD_flashback_, but that's just I. It is just I, right? Is it he or is it I? It's I right? Or is it he? Nooooo..., it's _gotta_ be I, right?

Quote:
    MMD said:
    I'm afraid to get deviated stitching because it may __seem__ to be a good idea _only_ at the time I ordered it.

For example, kinda like this "stitching:"

I guess this puts a new twist on reading biblical verses. I can only imagine the situation where some gentleman is reading the "stitching."

Seriously, I have seen red, yellow and white deviating stitching on black leather. Red looks great in person - I have seen it both new and on a 2002 GT2 - it seems to hold up well and really gives the interior a wow factor. White and yellow both look good too. I worry that white would get really dirty. The photos do not do justice to yellow - it look great in person. If you go with deviated stitching, make sure Atomic80 and The Groom look over your order so you don't miss anything. I have never seen a car in person where something was not missed.

Im looking for the string thats red locally around here its all like orangy red. Any one have any leads?

are they really too bloody stupid to do the shifter boot ???
    haven't seen a sungle car where it was done correct.

was going to order deviating stitching on my GT2 and cancelled only as I was SURE they would not get it right.....

deviated stitching with omitted (forgotten or f'd up) stitching is worse than tone in tone....

I think it depends if you order the car from a bloody stupid dealer

Here is the interior of my Turbo...

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    I think it depends if you order the car from a bloody stupid dealer

Here is the interior of my Turbo...

I must say I am in love with your interior sir

I was unaware that there was a separate order code for deviated stitch for the shift boot. I guess I need to study up a bit before I order.

Ouch..I'll bet because he got803..the carbon shifter which isnt an exclusive option..The Groom has discussed this

Does anyone know what the cost is?

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    I was unaware that there was a separate order code for deviated stitch for the shift boot. I guess I need to study up a bit before I order.

If I remember correctly in the beginning you could ONLY get stock stitching for the shift boot no matter which color you ordered for the rest.

They changed that.

BTW: Would be nice for the new guys if they fkn corrected the SC stopwatch dial so it will match colored dials. (only comes in silver ("white") or black)

Quote:
    sparkhill said:

I guess this puts a new twist on reading biblical verses. I can only imagine the situation where some gentleman is reading the "stitching."

LOL! I know..., wow!

UN real!

Oh...! Here's another one I can't resist posting (sorry to hijack):

Deviated stitching... some people like it, some don't. But if you do it, do it right.

Ordering deviated stitching is an arcane process as Porsche. You have nine options to order:

24891: seats
    24901: dashboard top
    24902: door top panel
    24903: door handle
    24904: PCM side panels
    24905: rear side panels
    09991: all Exclusive options
    one Exclusive shifter/handbrake package
    one Exclusive steering wheel.

Shifter/handbrake package must be one of the following:
    on a manual:
    DAW (same as DAD shifter; see blueline's car)
    DAT (same but in Alcantara)
    DAX (same as EGA shifter)
    on a Tip:
    DAV (same as DAW)
    DAU (same as DAT)
    Don't forget to add CDZ to DAT and CFA to DAU as those nice-looking options are not included in the Alcantara shifters (but they definitely are in DAV/DAW/DAX).

Exclusive steering wheels:
    XPA: thicker sports steering wheel
    CFA: thicker rim for "triangular" steering wheel or multifunction steering wheel
    CLA: thicker rim in Alcantara for sports, triangular or MF steering wheel
    XPV: Aluminum-look MF steering wheel.

Regarding carbon fiber (or wood for that matter) options:
    As RAKLAW mentioned, the carbon fiber package (803) is not an Exclusive options and is not covered by any stitching option. If you order 803, you get what MMD posted. To avoid that, don't order 803. Order DAT/DAU/DAV/DAW/DAX to get the shifter boot right. Order the missing CF dashboard trim strip from your dealer and let him install it when the car arrives.
    Similarly, the CF MF steering wheel is not available with deviated stitching. You have to go aftermarket if you want CF inserts and deviated stitching.

Exception: carbon fiber on the GT2 and GT3:

AFAIK the carbon package is actually an Exclusive option on the GT models (EZA), so it is covered by 09991!
    However, you must order XPA to get deviated stitching on the steering wheel.
    (unless there is a hidden option to get deviated stitching on the stock Alcantara wheel that I have not heard about).

Nice write-up... lots of options... and possibilities make mistakes

I just checked my Turbo specification. I only have one option for the stitching with a code SZ and the explanatory text says "All stitching in Guards Red".

These are my interior options (if anyone is interested). Freely translated from German in close-to Bablefish quality:
    SZ All Stitching in Guards Red
    CDZ Leather in front of the shift-boot
    DAD Aluminum shifter and handbrake leaver
    XMZ Center console leather
    XPA Thicker sports steering wheel
    XTV Door panels leather
    CFX Floor carpets with Guards Red borders
    XNS Steering column in leather
    XSB Sport seats with rear "panel" in leather
    XSX Guards Red seatbelts

The other thing about DS?

It's probably like the Wart. People get in your car and first thing the see and ask about is your..., ahem..., "outstanding" stitching.

Same thing happens with the SC when they realize it's not a clock. "What's a stopwatch doing there?"

Gets tiring because you always have to make an excuse for Porsche putting such a stupid fkn thing on the dash.

The introduction of unified ordering codes is a major improvement. But those codes have not made their way into the 2008 ordering guides.

I know that the ordering process has changed since the 997 was first introduced (especially regarding the whole shifter/handbrake situation). It might change once again when the facelift is introduced.

Many thanks. Very useful Groom

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Deviated stitching... some people like it, some don't. But if you do it, do it right.

Ordering deviated stitching is an arcane process as Porsche. You have nine options to order:

24891: seats
    24901: dashboard top
    24902: door top panel
    24903: door handle
    24904: PCM side panels
    24905: rear side panels
    09991: all Exclusive options
    one Exclusive shifter/handbrake package
    one Exclusive steering wheel.

Shifter/handbrake package must be one of the following:
    on a manual:
    DAW (same as DAD shifter; see blueline's car)
    DAT (same but in Alcantara)
    DAX (same as EGA shifter)
    on a Tip:
    DAV (same as DAW)
    DAU (same as DAT)
    Don't forget to add CDZ to DAT and CFA to DAU as those nice-looking options are not included in the Alcantara shifters (but they definitely are in DAV/DAW/DAX).

Exclusive steering wheels:
    XPA: thicker sports steering wheel
    CFA: thicker rim for "triangular" steering wheel or multifunction steering wheel
    CLA: thicker rim in Alcantara for sports, triangular or MF steering wheel
    XPV: Aluminum-look MF steering wheel.

Regarding carbon fiber (or wood for that matter) options:
    As RAKLAW mentioned, the carbon fiber package (803) is not an Exclusive options and is not covered by any stitching option. If you order 803, you get what MMD posted. To avoid that, don't order 803. Order DAT/DAU/DAV/DAW/DAX to get the shifter boot right. Order the missing CF dashboard trim strip from your dealer and let him install it when the car arrives.
    Similarly, the CF MF steering wheel is not available with deviated stitching. You have to go aftermarket if you want CF inserts and deviated stitching.

Exception: carbon fiber on the GT2 and GT3:

AFAIK the carbon package is actually an Exclusive option on the GT models (EZA), so it is covered by 09991!
    However, you must order XPA to get deviated stitching on the steering wheel.
    (unless there is a hidden option to get deviated stitching on the stock Alcantara wheel that I have not heard about).

This post is certainly important enough to warrant own thread. You and Jason were incredibly helpful to me. I have yet to see a car in person that had deviated stitching done correctly.

Quote:
    sparkhill said:

This post is certainly important enough to warrant own thread. You and Jason were incredibly helpful to me. I have yet to see a car in person that had deviated stitching done correctly.

Those guys are amazing aren't they?!

Porsche should hire guys like A80 and Groom to help buyers in ways the sometimes-goofy sales guys can't even dream of.

Unless something has changed in the last two months, there is no DAX option in the United States. Also my deviated stitching is perfect. Just takes some homework.

It depends on your brakes (PCCB?), but yellow is another cool alternative:

Remember that Western Look in men's clothes? I think it was around the time of the Leisure Suit. Hummmm maybe it _was_ the Leisure Suit!

The _stock_ stitching used to bother me in our cars. When they first came out I thought the prominent stitching was put there so there could be no doubt that the interior was leather; seemed kind of a silly justification to me.

Also, all those extra _lines_ (especially across the dash) took away from the flow of the interior. I tried and failed to attribute that to a reference back to the original form-follows-function of the earliest 911s.

Okay..., sorry gents, this is horrible but..., I had to pull it out..., it just wouldn't be fair to leave it hidden:

That Hurts!!!!!!!

Quote:
    imcarnuts said:
    That Hurts!!!!!!!

LOL.

Here' a comp showing what stitching is and does. Upper left is original 911 look (it's an SC).

Have fun with stitching or leave it alone!

I like the stitching in person it looks better.

That picture with the manicon is not fair your looking at a cheap peice of garment whereas the interior of the 911 is quality leather in a car.

pictures dont do things justice somtimes. I think the interior of the 911 is awesome it just needs some touch up to make it look 1st class.

I like how the red looks. Is there anything else that looks good done in red on a blk/blk car? I am also considering red seat belts?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804166 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448759 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266404 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90179 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6781 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886123 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834648 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM