Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I debated posting this but since everyone finds me negat

Quote:
    floren said:
    the version with stereo system does automaticaly include navigation, the same system you could order with the standard modena.

best, floren.

my stradale has the stereo, but no NAV

Re: I debated posting this but since everyone finds me negative

Quote:
    floren said:
    So, did you get your strad new or did you buy a used one?

I just posted a question if one could still buy a new strad. Propably i can't, so what would you recommend me to think of or look after?

Best, Floren

I bought it new. Delivered September 2004. I don't think you can buy one new now.

If I were you, I'd check with some dealers to make sure and perhaps they would have one inbound that a customer had to back out of. The other option is to buy one with very low or delivery miles. They're out there but selling at $10-$30,000 premiums: http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srR...&modelname= DuPont Ferrari ads are usually slightly higher then the market.

It's a little hard to advise you because I don't know which market you are in and I'm not familiar with the European market for Ferrari. Having said that, if you have the money and don't have the patience I would get a pre-owned car. If you have A LOT of patience I would get your name on a list at a dealer asap for a 430. I've considered asking my dealer to take a deposit for a possible 430CS. But I wouldn't recommend that if you don't already have one to enjoy because it could take years if ever. One thing you need (unless you can get lucky and catch someones elses order) is patience. Cause let me tell you, waiting for my Stradale was the longest year of my life.......... The last month when I knew it was on a ship felt like a year.

Hope you guys don't mind if I pop a gratuitous pic. in here while I'm at it.

Stradale, beautiful auto!!!

I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I must be STUPID! Porsche & Ferrari make outstanding cars! One of them is more expensive (purchase price, operations/maintenance, insurance, etc.), more exclusive and better resale value (possibly because it is not driven as much in addition to limited build numbers), but performance wise they are outstanding machines that are equivalent.

As a side comment, those of you, who resorted to personal attacks against Nick, disappoint me. Come on. Play nice.

Thanks for your info and for the georgeous pic. Your baby looks awesome!

I had some bad luck last year in money terms, but may get some back early this summer, after lots of lawyers and [censored]. I have to decide after all that mess. I would very much like to go for one with delivery mileage. Rosso scuderia with tan leather, no stereo and no cave. I'm in the european market and could get more extras than in the US.

i'll keep you guys posted, thanks for sharing your pic and also for your comments!

All the best, Floren.

Gorgeous! Enjoy !

i've never been able to figure out how to post pics here. would someone please tell me how? tia

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    May I ask what new Ferrari, be it a Stradale or whatever
    is "only" $200K? are they offering secret rebate deals??

I paid $160k for my 2004 360 Modena.

Gary

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    i've never been able to figure out how to post pics here. would someone please tell me how? tia

Ben, click reply and after you fill in the text, click "continue button (leaving the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" box checked). In the next window click the BROWSE button and select the image file from your hard drive (<300Kb) and click "Ok,Submit" at then bottom, and its done. I you need to resize photos and have any problems just drop me a PM.

test pic also bought new with 9/04 delivery. (had to pay over sticker though as i was the 2nd owner of the brand new 30 mile car).

thanks carlos, it worked!

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Gary

I dont mind being wrong!

I looked online at the usual suspects and saw lots of slightly used Stradales for near 200K and used Modenas for $160K.

Quote:
    Holminator said:
    Stradale, beautiful auto!!!

I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I must be STUPID! Porsche & Ferrari make outstanding cars! One of them is more expensive (purchase price, operations/maintenance, insurance, etc.), more exclusive and better resale value (possibly because it is not driven as much in addition to limited build numbers), but performance wise they are outstanding machines that are equivalent.

As a side comment, those of you, who resorted to personal attacks against Nick, disappoint me. Come on. Play nice.

Exactly.
    In terms of insurance my Stradale is actually less than my Porsche because I go through a collectors car insurance firm and only buy for the miles I use. Obviously if I had to buy as many miles for the Ferrari it would cost more which kinda meets your point.

Both the Stradale and the TT are fantastic cars. Two of my favorites from all the model's out there. Unless someone personally had a bad experience with Porsche and the Turbo I don't see how they could be negative but not everyone can agree. There's something about the sum of the parts in a Porsche that gets my blood pumping. The shape, the smell...(Bet most Porsche guys know what I'm talking about.) The sound. The driving feel. Reminds me of a Harley Davidson saying : "If I had to explain you wouldn't understand". Same goes with Ferrari, even more so (IMHO). But as it's been said in this forum before, 'different strokes for different folks'. In terms of driving excitement and thrill of ownership there's not many other makes that rank with Porsche and Ferrari. Less than a handful... And with cars this good it's all a matter of personal preference. But I guess that's part of the fun in this place.

btw: At the risk of sounding even more gushy I don't know how many other sports car forums there are, I've never really posted in a place like this but wanted to thank whomever put together and maintains this place. It's a blast to read and learn from posts by other sports car enthusiast's.

ps: Curious - How did this place start ? Are the "Moderator"s the folks that put it together

Quote:
    floren said:
    Thanks for your info and for the georgeous pic. Your baby looks awesome!

I had some bad luck last year in money terms, but may get some back early this summer, after lots of lawyers and [censored]. I have to decide after all that mess. I would very much like to go for one with delivery mileage. Rosso scuderia with tan leather, no stereo and no cave. I'm in the european market and could get more extras than in the US.

i'll keep you guys posted, thanks for sharing your pic and also for your comments!

All the best, Floren.

Good luck floren.
    What do you mean by "cave" ?

I put a bunch of pics in "my gallery" yesterday. Finally figured out how to get that done. There's a few shots at the place that installed my 3M Clear film body armour with my Stradale and 2 other Stradale's. Another Rosso Scuderia and a Black one. The Black one had all Black leather ...My interior is Black Alcantara with red stitching instead of the red and black seats and dash. I had that custom ordered and if you look at the pic (top row of photos labled "1stra" ) taken head on you can see the red cavallino stitched in red at the top of the seats. It's the first time I've ordered a Ferrari so I was nervous as anything about how my dealer would communicate my order but he did a great job.

Definately keep us posted on your search.

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Gary

Jim- My CS stickered at $197. I have the optional radio, Rosso Scuderia painted calipers, stitching througout and fire extinguisher. THANKS for the comment about my pic.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    test pic also bought new with 9/04 delivery. (had to pay over sticker though as i was the 2nd owner of the brand new 30 mile car).

Your car is gorgeous. Is that Titanium ?

How much over if you don't mind

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

thanks, yes it's titanium. $8k over

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

I love the Titanium. I wish Porsche had that paint. The Seal is somewhat like Ferrari's Titanium but Ferrari's Titanium looks miles deep under sunlight. It has a beautiful metallic.

The last one I saw was Joey Kramer's. (Drummer for Aerosmith) He has a beautiful Titanium on Black leather, silver stitch Stradale. He drove it down from Boston last October as the celebrity judge in the 1st Annual Concourse D'Elegance, put on by Ferrari Maserati of Long Island/ Giorgio Armani.

$8k over is a great deal. Especially one that is brand new with delivery miles.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

I love the Titanium. I wish Porsche had that paint. The Seal is somewhat like Ferrari's Titanium but Ferrari's Titanium looks miles deep under sunlight. It has a beautiful metallic.

The last one I saw was Joey Kramer's. (Drummer for Aerosmith) He has a beautiful Titanium on Black leather, silver stitch Stradale. He drove it down from Boston last October as the celebrity judge in the 1st Annual Concourse D'Elegance, put on by Ferrari Maserati of Long Island/ Giorgio Armani.

Yep, Ferrari's titanium is so nice. The seal grey on our CGT is definitely darker and less deep/metalic. The "titanium" on our Cayenne looks more like pcar seal than fcar titanium. I agree, though I never realized it before, the Fcar titanium is much deeper.

Yeah $8k at the time was not bad at all - especially given I'm in goofy pricing S. Cal. Used titaniums were going for $25k+ over in S. Cal when I bought mine. Gotta tell ya though, paying over sticker really isn't in my being and I still can't believe I did it. But, titanium is so hard to find and this was the only delivery miles one in the country. The dealer was really screwing with me trying to delay the deal so I'd walk away (can't find the title, etc) since I later learned they had two much higher offers than mine behind me, but I'd already sent them the deposit and signed the contract. Real dirtbags.

Tell ya what though, while red isn't my thing, I've been having second thoughts about passing on the "proper" red and the stripe just for the simple reason that it would be the "genuine" color should I decide to keep it for a really long time. A buddy with a red one gave me a very cool Stradale book (I think by Ferrari) this weekend and it had a ton of pictures of that red w/stripe, w/plastic windows and w/out leather (and the dark blue w/out stripe but w/leather, stereo, and electric glass windows) That's the first time since I got it that the "red thing" regret messed with me a little. But, they did have a lot of pictures of the non traditional blue with leather so whatever, eh.

You are welcome!

I read up on Stradale reviews and sum up is that it is best
    Ferrari sports car ever.. and in many ways better than the
    F430.

They look good in any color, but red just says it all!

Many happy miles!

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Yep, Ferrari's titanium is so nice. The seal grey on our CGT is definitely darker and less deep/metalic. The "titanium" on our Cayenne looks more like pcar seal than fcar titanium. I agree, though I never realized it before, the Fcar titanium is much deeper.

Yeah $8k at the time was not bad at all - especially given I'm in goofy pricing S. Cal. Used titaniums were going for $25k+ over in S. Cal when I bought mine. Gotta tell ya though, paying over sticker really isn't in my being and I still can't believe I did it. But, titanium is so hard to find and this was the only delivery miles one in the country. The dealer was really screwing with me trying to delay the deal so I'd walk away (can't find the title, etc) since I later learned they had two much higher offers than mine behind me, but I'd already sent them the deposit and signed the contract. Real dirtbags.

Tell ya what though, while red isn't my thing, I've been having second thoughts about passing on the "proper" red and the stripe just for the simple reason that it would be the "genuine" color should I decide to keep it for a really long time. A buddy with a red one gave me a very cool Stradale book (I think by Ferrari) this weekend and it had a ton of pictures of that red w/stripe, w/plastic windows and w/out leather (and the dark blue w/out stripe but w/leather, stereo, and electric glass windows) That's the first time since I got it that the "red thing" regret messed with me a little. But, they did have a lot of pictures of the non traditional blue with leather so whatever, eh.

Red usually isn't my thing either. The Stradale is only my second red car. The other red car I've owned was a 2002 Viper (pic in my gallery ,which is also a good car for red) When I first put down a depoit it was for a 360 Modena F1. I had it spec'd out to be Black on Black with Daytonna seats, Challenge grills, Scuderia shields, Modular rims, Leahter rear shelf, headliner etc,etc. After enough knudging my dealer agreed to change my order to a CS. When that happened I decided to go with the Rosso Scuderia because the car was launched and promo'd that way etc. etc. I was a little nervous about the Orangie shade under certain lighting conditions but couldn't be happier with it now. No doubt my other preference is Titanium. It is so sharp ! The richest color imo.
    Paying $8k over doesn't hurt as much on a CS because you would probably get that back if you went to flip the car now. I see ads for $30 over and don't know if people are getting that but I do know one sold here recently for $15k over. If you so desired coming out -even or up ain't bad. What other new car can you pay a premium drive it and then get your money back ? Maybe more.. It's all good.

You should put some pics in your gallery.

BTW: Going to the NY Int'l Car show at the Javits Center tommorrow. If anyone has any requests for pictures let me know and I'll put them in. Taking the day off to see the show then bringing my kids to the circus at the Garden.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    You are welcome!

F430.

Many happy miles!

The amount of Carbon Fiber inside the cockpit is amazing. The entire seat is carbon fiber and you can see this on the seat backs. The entire door panels inside are all carbon fiber. It's amazing how much weight they were able to skim off the Modena. Doing this with bigger wheels, larger anti roll bar. 250lbs off an already light car (Modena) is a feat. Add 25 HP, lower the car with titanium coil springs, pop on the Enzo's brakes and man what else can you ask for !Damn, I love that car !

Thanks Jim. Many happy miles to you TOO

Very nice car!

Congrats!

Best, Floren

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Both the Stradale and the TT are fantastic cars. Two of my favorites from all the model's out there. Unless someone personally had a bad experience with Porsche and the Turbo I don't see how they could be negative but not everyone can agree. There's something about the sum of the parts in a Porsche that gets my blood pumping. The shape, the smell...(Bet most Porsche guys know what I'm talking about.) The sound. The driving feel. Reminds me of a Harley Davidson saying : "If I had to explain you wouldn't understand". Same goes with Ferrari, even more so (IMHO). But as it's been said in this forum before, 'different strokes for different folks'. In terms of driving excitement and thrill of ownership there's not many other makes that rank with Porsche and Ferrari. Less than a handful... And with cars this good it's all a matter of personal preference. But I guess that's part of the fun in this place.

Well said, Stradale

Nick, Ferrari builds wonderful cars, I think nobody can deny this. But when it comes to owning only ONE sportscar, I'd go with a Porsche. Why does this guy keep his TT as a daily driver? Why does one of my friends keep his TT although he gets a F430 Spider soon?
    If I would have the financial possibility and the guts not to care about my neighbours/customers, I would surely add a Ferrari to my garage, a 360 Stradale or more likely a F430.

Nobody said that Ferrari doesn't make nice sportscars, there is no question about it. But if you want it all in ONE package, I guess Porsche is a better choice.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    skinnylad said:
    Right, that's convinced me. I was very happy, ecstatic even, with my 996 TT but now I know that the neigbours will be pawing my ferarri and I can get real camel leather (such attention to detail boggles the mind!), I'm going to flog it.

The person who wrote that post doesn't deserve a ferarri. I think it's made up. No-one could be that peurile, could they?

Why all the bashing???
    There is no such thing as deserving a "Ferrari" more than another car.
    You workd hard for it, you make a lot of money, and you buy it, it's that simple.
    Yes, that man doesn't like the car for the reasons as us Rennteamers, we love performance, he loves the car cover, the leather manual holder or whatever, etc. and cruising by the neighbours.
    So what?
    FWIW gents, that man represents the majority of buyers.
    I am sure my London fellows will agree here, you go to the King's road on a sunny weekend afternoon and you see all the amazing sports car being catwalked!

A bit sad.
    We should not forget that we represent a drop in the ocen, the real enthousiast who actually DRIVE their car. And yes, Nberry is one of us too of course.
    End of the day, people buy an asset, they own it and they do whatever they want with it.
    Skinnilad, that post wasn't intended to you personally mate.

No offence taken, boyo! You're right, of course, and I probably over-reacted. But I just see about one gazzillion things to drool over in a Ferarri before I get to the leather log book.

I hope he enjoys it, honestly - but I still think the comments are puerile - and I still think it's a wind up!!

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    You are welcome!

F430.

Many happy miles!

The amount of Carbon Fiber inside the cockpit is amazing. The entire seat is carbon fiber and you can see this on the seat backs. The entire door panels inside are all carbon fiber. It's amazing how much weight they were able to skim off the Modena. Doing this with bigger wheels, larger anti roll bar. 250lbs off an already light car (Modena) is a feat. Add 25 HP, lower the car with titanium coil springs, pop on the Enzo's brakes and man what else can you ask for !Damn, I love that car !

Thanks Jim. Many happy miles to you TOO

What i got in mind when i searched the usual suspects and asked a few dealerships today is that it needs patience AND flexibility. when the perfect car comes around the corner, which is nearly perfect for you, go for it. titanium could make you the happiest guy in the plante although you always wanted a red strad. or the anti roll bar which i named cave yesterday, although you never wanted one. so, let's see what happens.

Best, floren

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Stradale said:

Well said, Stradale

Thank you very much Carlos.

Hey, I put a pic. in my gallery of me on my 660 Raptor. I don't have it anymore but it was a blast. I have other shots with me about 10 ft. in the air but haven't gotten around to scanning those yet.

Quote:
    Stradale said:
    Hey, I put a pic. in my gallery of me on my 660 Raptor. I don't have it anymore but it was a blast. I have other shots with me about 10 ft. in the air but haven't gotten around to scanning those yet.

Very cool
    Its a complete blast!! and quite a workout too...
    Stradale, take a look at this video
    http://members.rennlist.com/raptor/911&GSX-R&Raptorvideo.wmv

Stradale's Raptor

Holy !
    How nice is that video. I loved when you had the Carrera pinned !
    It's like watching something from Guy Ritchie.
    You can really drive/ride.

Thanks Man !!

Thanks Stradale, glad you liked it!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781802 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442805 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261875 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85965 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5990 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881640 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819560 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM