Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ford GT Assembly on Car Crazy

If you get a chance to see Car Crazy this week on Speed Channel, they have a tour of the Ford GT assembly plant. Pretty interesting on the way Ford assembles their supercar.

Re: Ford GT Assembly on Car Crazy

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    If you get a chance to see Car Crazy this week on Speed Channel, they have a tour of the Ford GT assembly plant. Pretty interesting on the way Ford assembles their supercar.

dang, it's part 2. did you see part 1?

don't they also assemble trucks and minivans thre...

Quote:
    Moogle said:

yeah, kinda like how porsche builds (V6) SUVs where they build the CGT?

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

ugh ...

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

ugh ...

btw, saw the show. it's a seperate assembly plant run by Saleen - no trucks and minivans assembled there - unlike someone else with thier supercar

Yeah, you can really compare a small manufacturer (Porsche) having only two assembly sites, with a huge one

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    btw, saw the show. it's a seperate assembly plant run by Saleen - no trucks and minivans assembled there - unlike someone else with thier supercar

What's the issue? is there contamination between the 2 lines? or is it that a CGT owner would prefer a sanitized assembly centered in a circle with a minimum radius of X miles to the next assembly line?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Yeah, you can really compare a small manufacturer (Porsche) having only two assembly sites, with a huge one

i'm not the one that brought up the comparison, am i. rather i just responded to it once it was made by someone else. didn't notice you making the sarcastic comment when the comparison was made with the erroneously porsche positive conclusion. how come?

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

What's the issue? is there contamination between the 2 lines? or is it that a CGT owner would prefer a sanitized assembly centered in a circle with a minimum radius of X miles to the next assembly line?

i could give a crap where it's made and what's made along side it as long as it doesn't turn out to be as big a POS as our cayenne which was made next to it has turned out to be. again, i didn't make the "don't they also assemble trucks and minivans thre..." comment in response to another comment: "they have a tour of the Ford GT assembly plant. Pretty interesting on the way Ford assembles their supercar."

remember, don't those stones if you live in a glass house.

ps. i wore my porsche t-shirt and hat at the car show/meet i brought my CGT to today. as well, i gave a couple of rides which i'm certain clearly represented what an amazing product porsche has made in the CGT. so guys, it's hard to call me a porsche basher. if they make a turd (our cayenne) and refuse to even acknowledge (much less repair) issues with it, i'll let the world and all prospective buyers with whom i communicate know about it. if they make a bad arse super reliable product like my 993 and 996 were and CGT has so far been, i'll let the world and all prospective buyers with whom i communicate know about it. i'm not biased - just vocal about the truth.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

i'm not the one that brought up the comparison, am i. rather i just responded to it once it was made by someone else. didn't notice you making the sarcastic comment when the comparison was made with the erroneously porsche positive conclusion. how come?

Do you really expect me to justify my NOT responding to some post? Come on

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

i could give a crap where it's made and what's made along side it as long as it doesn't turn out to be as big a POS as our cayenne which was made next to it has turned out to be.

The point is, you are entertaining the possibility that the CGT is a POS and (should that happen) you are hereby implying that there's a connection w/ another vehicle's production line. A very negative and convoluted rationalization if you ask me.

Quote:
    again, i didn't make the "don't they also assemble trucks and minivans thre..." comment in response to another comment: "they have a tour of the Ford GT assembly plant. Pretty interesting on the way Ford assembles their supercar."

remember, don't those stones if you live in a glass house.

I did not make those comments either... no glass ceiling here

Quote:
    ps. i wore my porsche t-shirt and hat at the car show/meet i brought my CGT to today. as well, i gave a couple of rides which i'm certain clearly represented what an amazing product porsche has made in the CGT. so guys, it's hard to call me a porsche basher. if they make a turd (our cayenne) and refuse to even acknowledge (much less repair) issues with it, i'll let the world and all prospective buyers with whom i communicate know about it. if they make a bad arse super reliable product like my 993 and 996 were and CGT has so far been, i'll let the world and all prospective buyers with whom i communicate know about it. i'm not biased - just vocal about the truth.

You are one of a few who continuously bash the Cayenne. I know a number of people who love them. I could care less, as I do not own one, but find it interesting that people who are so unhappy with a vehicle, keep it, instead of selling it. I see Turbos mostly used for local runs (grocery, schools, and such), not its ideal application... An S (or the V6) is a much more appropriate vehicle for that usage.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    The point is, you are entertaining the possibility that the CGT is a POS and (should that happen) you are hereby implying that there's a connection w/ another vehicle's production line. A very negative and convoluted rationalization if you ask me.

You are one of a few who continuously bash the Cayenne. I know a number of people who love them. I could care less, as I do not own one, but find it interesting that people who are so unhappy with a vehicle, keep it, instead of selling it. I see Turbos mostly used for local runs (grocery, schools, and such), not its ideal application... An S (or the V6) is a much more appropriate vehicle for that usage.

that's some poor logic re: "entertaining the possibility that the CGT is a POS and (should that happen) you are hereby implying that there's a connection w/ another vehicle's production line." aside from the broken glovebox (satisfactorally and speedily fixed by porsche) and the same fogged up headlights TSB'd already in the cayenne (but not yet addressed in the CGT), i've commented over and over how great the car is. remember, someone else thought it would be cute to bash ford (who made our 04 9k mile F150 one hell of a lot better than porsche made our 04 9k miles CT crapbox) by incorrectly suggesting they made SUVs alongside their supercar while ironically that is pretty much exactly what porsche does with theirs - unlike ford. i'm just assuming it's supposed to be a bad thing to make SUVs next to a supercar since that is precisely what the post by moogle sought to suggest. if it is in fact bad, which again "i" did not suggest, it is porsche not ford with that problem. again, the irony (or hypocracy) of posting that comment on the pro porsche biased website seems to have sailed right by you.

given your lack of direct experience with the product, it doesn't surprise me you are unfamiliar with what a crapbox the CT is (at least ours whose problems are apparently "normal" according to our dealer which by inference suggests they are "common" to the vehicle). i don't sell the crapbox because it is very safe for my wife and baby, it handles exceptional well (when the steering wheel isn't shaking in my hand and the tires are prematurely bald), and since i handle the service (ie: monthly feeding of oil, multiple visits to the dealership, and bi-annual tire replacement), she is content with the vehicle as her ownership experience isn't diminished by the hassle of the hyundai build design and build quality (sorry, didn't mean to insult you hyundai if you are reading). further, it's a lease so we'll just give it back at the end and move on to something else unless porsche has drastically changed their committment to both diagnosis and repair of their shortcomings which appear "normal" according to the dealer and the well over 100 TSBs the crapbox has generated in barely over two years of production.

btw, what exactly is the "ideal application" for a turbo SUV if not for "grocery, schools, and such"? keep in mind the hesitation and resulting surge of power partially due to turbo lag and partially due to poor engineering is most def not something you want while offroading. incidentally, if the 996TT did regular 996 chores (defined as anything less than what the turbo power can achieve) crapilly in anyway excuse it doing so? if not, why would that logic apply to the S vs. CT?

Quote:
    ben, lj said:I'm not biased - just vocal about the truth.

Sorry, but thats what Nicks says as well. Speaking the truth neutrally and unbiased is certainly not what you do Ben, you are extremly biased, biased due your personal experience and what have you, but very biased in the way expose your arguments, biased in what you decide to post and do not post about, and biased in the intentions of your posts. You realise 95% of your posts have always a negative content, you tend to exaggerate to make a point, and you are very visceral in your wording, sometimes offending to owners.

I'm not saying you don't have reasons to feel the way you do, thats totally subjective, but it has made you one of the most biased posters, and bias can work both ways BTW, its doens't have to be agaist Porsche. Three political journals can talk about the same poll results for example but the way they expose the same results ("truth") can lead to very different interpretations, effects on the reader, etc. One can be towards the left, the other the right and the other neutral and unbiased in the middle. You may be vocal about your truth but definately not on the middle there Ben.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765145 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437101 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261327 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258151 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82733 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877385 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809596 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM