Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Problems with my 997s..........very upset.

Last Saturday, my brand new 997s broke down with only 700 kms. The car was towed to the Porsche dealer.
    Today, the technician has told me that the car has a faulty fuel pump and they are waiting for a new one coming from Germany. I will have to wait seven more days for the car to be fixed.
    I am very upset with Porsche for several reasons:
    1) I ordered my 997s on July 31 and it was supposed to be delivered on December. The car was delivered last week. Therefore, I waited 7 1/2 months, and three months more than expected. My Porsche Dealer never gave me an explanation of such a long delay.
    2) Three days after delivery, and with only 700 kms, the car breaks down in the middle of a highway, creating a traffic mess. It was one of the most dangerous situations in my life. According to the technicians, the fuel pump was not working properly. The car needs a new fuel pump.
    3) A new fuel pump from Germany will take more than ten days for delivery, so I will spend the holidays with a courtesy car.

How do I feel?. Terribly bad. I am so upset that I am thinking in writing a complaint to Porsche Germany. I know that these things happen, and that new cars can have small bugs, but, WHERE IS PORSCHE QUALITY?. How can they sell defective cars?. Why is Porsche so proud of their quality systems?, and what about the fu...ng logistics?. Two week to send a fuel pump from Germany to Spain? Why they do not have fuel pumps available in Spain?. I will never buy a Porsche again.

Re: Problems with my 997s..........very upset.

Quote:
    raul said:
    Last Saturday, my brand new 997s broke down with only 700 kms. The car was towed to the Porsche dealer.
    Today, the technician has told me that the car has a faulty fuel pump and they are waiting for a new one coming from Germany. I will have to wait seven more days for the car to be fixed.
    I am very upset with Porsche for several reasons:
    1) I ordered my 997s on July 31 and it was supposed to be delivered on December. The car was delivered last week. Therefore, I waited 7 1/2 months, and three months more than expected. My Porsche Dealer never gave me an explanation of such a long delay.
    2) Three days after delivery, and with only 700 kms, the car breaks down in the middle of a highway, creating a traffic mess. It was one of the most dangerous situations in my life. According to the technicians, the fuel pump was not working properly. The car needs a new fuel pump.
    3) A new fuel pump from Germany will take more than ten days for delivery, so I will spend the holidays with a courtesy car.

How do I feel?. Terribly bad. I am so upset that I am thinking in writing a complaint to Porsche Germany. I know that these things happen, and that new cars can have small bugs, but, WHERE IS PORSCHE QUALITY?. How can they sell defective cars?. Why is Porsche so proud of their quality systems?, and what about the fu...ng logistics?. Two week to send a fuel pump from Germany to Spain? Why they do not have fuel pumps available in Spain?. I will never buy a Porsche again.

You may be mad now but I am confident once they repair your car you will forget all about.

BTW your dealing with a mass producer of automobiles. Delays and poor workmanship are the norm. Accept it.

Raul, I am really sorry to hear about your terrible time with your brand new "S" ! That really does suck. Unfortunatly, something like a fuel pump may test well at the factory where it was built, and then be perfect at
    Zuffenhausen, and then be perfect in the new car preparation
    phase, and then at delivery to you; you drive your new car 700 KM, and suddenly it fails at the worst possible time !
    That can be the case with a hydro-electric device; failure
    with no warning. I am sure that after the Porsche techs
    install a brand new one, you will have no more problems,
    and you will really start to enjoy the awesome qualities of your beautiful 997 S ! Give it a chance; you'll see !
    Best Regards, Revvv

Sh.t happens, parts brake down and fuel pumps can jump into Nirvana, I had a faulty fuel pump on our ML55 but lucky me, it made a horrible noise and my dealer exchanged it before it could cause serious trouble.
    Of course this is no excuse but it can happen. What should NOT happen is that your dealer lets you down.
    First, he has to explain to you why you got the car that late. Second, he should be able to get you a fuel pump much faster if he really wants to.
    The 997 Carrera S is a "premium" sports car and customers should get a "premium" treatment.
    Yes, write to Porsche Germany, it may help a little bit.
    Sometimes they listen and improve things, sometimes they ignore customer complaints completely. But one thing is for sure: if you shut up, they'll never really find out that you were unhappy.

I had the same problem with our Merc S600L. The fuel pump failed at 8000km, and I was stuck in middle of traffic, on the fast lane of the highway. The dealer blamed it on bad gas (i.e. impurities in the fuel), but Shell denies this. Anyway, the fuel pump was replaced, and the car runs fine.

Raul

Hang in there.. I'm 1 week from taking delivery of my S and panicking like crazy in case something goes wrong... but as the others say, things do go wrong and be thankful they have found the fault and will fix it.

No harm in writing to Porsche - having seen numerous quality and technical issues raised, this is, in my opinion, not typical of a prestigious brand.

Rgds
    Prashan

well just be patient and have a scotch, it feel terrible for sure.

We give you our support. You will be compensated while driving your car afterwards.

Hi Raul,
    I also have had little trouble with my dealers service and I wrote to Porsche. I got a reply where they told me, how thankfull they where, cause I told them about my problems. They wrote that Porsche, like its cars, want's to be "perfect" and it's like in a race. The mechanics can only make a car better, when the driver tells them what problems he has while driving it.

Write Porsche, let them make your car better and enjoy it!

Greetings from Germany...

Statistically, the odds of having a problem like that are extremely small. It sucks when you're on the wrong side of the statistic, but that's life. I'm sure that there's a few Rolls, and Bentley, and Mercedes, and Ferrari, and Lexus, and on and on owners out there who were also unlucky enough to be stuck on the side of the road with a brand new expensive car....

No argument from me on the time delay on the part, Porsche should spend more money on inventory investment throughout it's distribution network. It's not as if they are not PROFITABLE, as they are sh***ing in high cotton these days.

can someone write directly to Porsche?

When i had a BMW i tried to e mail them, and all email form greece where diverted to the Greek importer.

The same with the tuner (ac-schnitzer) when you wrote a mai to mother company the mail was diverted to Ac Schnitzer Greece.

Terrible to destroy customer-factory relation

Raul, Sorry to hear of your problems. I had a similar new car experience a few years ago with a BMW 330i Touring. I had specced it well, and was told it would be a 3 month wait, but it turned into 5 months. Dealer was good enough to give me a "demonstrator" as a loan car for the 2 extra months. When the car finally arrived, the tyres were flat spotted, and vibrations at anything over 60km/h were bad. After heat treating the tyres, the problem was slightly lessened but still there, and even after around 500km, it was the same. After test driving a new demonstrator the dealer had, I asked them to swap my tyres fr the demonstrator's, which they did, but even this went wrong.... I had sppecced the M'style mixed wheels/tyres, and ended up with three front wheels and one rear!!, I only noticed this when I got home and was livid. I ahd already sent emails to the GM at BMW NZ about the tyres and they got another one!! The wheel was changed and problem resolved to my satisfaction, though a tyre dealer friend maintains that they should have replaced the tyres prior to delivery as they were so out of round.

The car was perfect after this and though I can still remember how upset I was at the time, I had forgotten about it till reading your post. My memories of that car are good, and I get on very well with the dealer, whose service has improved tremendously since then. I am certain your outcome will be the same... and hopefully soon. AND I hope they gave you a 997 as a loan car!!!

Quote:
    raul said:

raul, like everyone here I'm also sorry to hear your news and cant imagine how awful it must have been to breakdown in a fast lane.
    Once the car is sorted the fun of ownership will overtake any negativity you're suffering at this time.
    When I received my car I was extremely critical about the reliability due to some of the posts I'd been reading on forums, I've now done 1100 miles and would trust my car to travel across Europe and back trouble free. My point raul is you've had some bad luck and poor dealer support but it will get better and you wont look back.

Complain to HQ they need to know

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691051 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410173 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256222 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235417 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65746 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858820 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775122 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM