Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Great Cars, Good Beer and Good Food

Surely, this is what Sunday lunchtimes are all about? Rich C and I (with Significant Others) met up at a local hostelry to discuss the important things in life such as the merits of PASM, Parkassist, good beer and food. Significant others discussed the pub decorations. And then we stood around in the car park taking pictures like a right pair of muppets.

Re: Great Cars, Good Beer and Good Food

G-R-E-A-T, picture!!!! It seems you two had a very nice and exciting day!!!! ..thanks to rennteam!!

Post more pics please

All in the cause of planning a Rennteam meet.

Arctic silver or seal grey? Black leather or ocean blue leather? Ringwood bitter or lager?

Very nice Guys
    Thanks for the pics

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    And then we stood around in the car park taking pictures like a right pair of muppets.

Sorry, couldn't resist. You need a Dr.Phil pimp-job to go with the outfits though...

And now for the competition. Please make a caption on what the two ladies are saying to each other whilst Rich and I did Muppet impressions. (Thanks, Wtsnet). We enjoyed meeting up again and look forward to the summer Rennteam meet. This would be a great place to meet up.

Out of interest you can just make out the different ride height between PASM (arctic silver) and standard.

You're welcome... Still jealous. Good 6 weeks to go for me, at least. Roll on summer!

Great pics - thanks! Seal Grey looks the mutt's (not that arctic doesn't look great too!!). If only you had a Slate Grey there too for a full 'shades of silver' comparison.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Out of interest you can just make out the different ride height between PASM (arctic silver) and standard.

On pic 2 rear shot and the last pic front shot you can tell the difference. But doesn't jump out at you or anything, at least on photos.

So, the big question: how does PASM compare to standard? My car's not in build until next month so I've still got time to upgrade to PASM...

With PASM you get 2 cars under one hood. The normal setting gets a rather comfortable ride while the sport setting is making the car steel solid.... test the system at your dealer and I would be surprised if you wouldn't get the "I gotta have this" feeling. The standart suspension might be great as well. But PASM really adds plesure.

Only if you consider driving the Boxster but on the racetrack the solution of getting only one sports setting would be the best choice.

I reckon its great. No regrets at all about spending the extra money for it. The sport mode IS too hard for continual street use, but in the normal compliant setting the system instantly stiffens up (and it IS instant) if you adopt a more agressive driving style. Similarly in sport mode in it softens up if rough roads are likely to upset the balance. There is absolutely no body roll and even under hard braking no front end dive. In either mode.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    On pic 2 rear shot and the last pic front shot you can tell the difference. But doesn't jump out at you or anything, at least on photos.

You would need to be a really sad Boxster anorak to notice, even with the two cars side by side. The most obvious difference is in wheel arch clearance.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:

You would need to be a really sad Boxster anorak to notice,

Well that's us then....

Not having my car photographed with yours again - everyone so far prefers seal grey to arctic silver.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Not having my car photographed with yours again - everyone so far prefers seal grey to arctic silver.

My other half prefers your arctic silver. I did ask her several times! She'll just have to put up with the seal.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:

My other half prefers your arctic silver. I did ask her several times! She'll just have to put up with the seal.

A lady of great taste and a good eye for colour, clearly. Mine prefers seal grey

Quote:
    dreamcar said:

Let It Be Said : DREAMCAR, for me the Arctic Silver Boxster IS the Better Looking Car !!

Definitely Arctic, looks so much better than seal. You don't want to hide those lovely Porsche lines in a dark colour. Attach another great example of arctic from PPBB.

That's a great picture, wonder where it was taken? Much better backdrop than a cold English pub car park

That pic is great. I love it except the smog in the background is yucky

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    That's a great picture, wonder where it was taken? Much better backdrop than a cold English pub car park

Yeah, but I bet the beer wasn't as good! Or as warm!

One more...

Ah! Beverley Hills. That explains the smog! Those fender extensions look horrible but handy for those of us that haven't got Parkassist

Huh! Hope you did not think we had such air in Sweden, here it is cold but clear skies.

And...surprise...I also ordered Arctic....what else when you live in cold Sweden...delivery in May...loooong wait...

No, I was thinking Meditterranean somewhere. Maybe Italy. (Scenery, not smog)! Trust me, your wait will be worthwhile. Even here, in the Tropic of Hampshire, it is still too cold to drive with the roof down. We did on Sunday when we went to meet Rich C but only because we didn't want to be accused of being a wimp.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Even here, in the Tropic of Hampshire, it is still too cold to drive with the roof down.

Go and wash your mouth out with soap - it's NEVER to cold to drive with the roof down, that's why they invented heated seats! (And hats, although I think they may have come first)

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    [
    that's why they invented heated seats! (And hats, although I think they may have come first)

OK, where can I buy a heated hat, then?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    [
    that's why they invented heated seats! (And hats, although I think they may have come first)

OK, where can I buy a heated hat, then?

OK.. "eats, shoots and leaves" but then again try
    http://www.heatfactory.com/Products/Secret_Pocket_Headwear/secret_pocket_headwear.html

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690446 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409726 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255966 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235261 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65643 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774654 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM