Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1 Season

Don't you all forget about the starting of F1 season this weekend. I can't wait, I guess I'll be cheering for the guys in red this year too .

Re: F1 Season

Blue and yellow for me

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    guess I'll be cheering for the guys in red this year too .

Q: Schumi smashes his car directly and fatally into a concrete wall doing 320 km/h during a televised race that you are watching. You manage to spill a drop of coffee on your pants. What do you do?
    a) Cry. Those pants were new.
    b) Stare in disbelief at the TV....the colors are a bit off and u adjusted the set yesterday.
    c) Your heart goes out to the officials who have to clean up this mess.

So sad that Barri, the most sympathetic guy in all of F1, is teaming up with a completely sickening pile of puke like you know who.

Sorry Ron. Guess I wont be wavin those red flags as eagerly as you

Iceman & Hothead.
    They rule and are the future of F1...if only Mercedes could built a car that lasts more than half the race. LOL. I'm wondering if they are using Ferrari engines and Ferrari are using Merc engines, cuz something is very wrong with the quality-swap from the real world

Dr. Phil.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? IMO, it's totally disgusting and more... I slowly begin to wonder what you are

Gregor

Quote:
    Gregor said:
    Dr. Phil.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? IMO, it's totally disgusting and more... I slowly begin to wonder what you are

Gregor

Sorry you feel like that, Gregor.
    In real life I'm sure I wouldn't find it amusing if something should happen to Schumi (other than technical malfunctions).
    But as a fella-to-fella talk about what teams we support (or not) I choose to make jokes about his person, way of driving etc.
    Maybe it's not politically correct, but that's MY opinion and MY way of expressing my likes and dislikes.

You dont have to agree, and youre certainly welcome to wonder what I am.
    Hope this make it less unclear.

I hear ya!

However, would't the joke have been the same without the
    Quote:
    and fatally

statement?

These two words were 'over the top' for me.
    No hard feeling though.

Gregor

Probably, but like I said: Political correctness never was a strength of mine.
    And no matter what kind of disaster I might wish on any given person (humorously or not), there's a pretty long way from wish to reality.
    Like I said, if anything fatal happened to Schumi I wouldnt laugh..not real loud anyways (for our american readers: JUST KIDDING!)...but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't cry either.
    I know. It's kinda childish wishing bad things on others...but my doctor says it's healthy for me.

I'll spare you a transript of my actual comments when I watch the races then..

BTW, McLaren will have THREE cars on the line up, and the driver of the third car is Pedro Martinez de la Rosa

This way, McLaren can distribute the pre-race tire and setup testing between three cars instead of two and therefore duing less miles with each car before the race since engines have to last 2 races and more limited number of tires than last year.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    BTW, McLaren will have THREE cars on the line up, and the driver of the third car is Pedro Martinez de la Rosa

This way, McLaren can distribute the pre-race tire and setup testing between three cars instead of two and therefore duing less miles with each car before the race since engines have to last 2 races and more limited number of tires than last year.

Wont all teams do it this way? ..or what's the catch for McLaren?
    I'm sticking to Kimi and Monty (as usual) so I hope for the best ...but this sounds like an advantage thats too good to be true.

Who is the third driver for Ferrari, WIlliams or Renault then? no, I believe only McLaren is doing it but maybe the others will join in if they have the money. Ferrari could do it if they feel they need to, and if so that would probably mean a third spaniard in F1!... Marc Gene would likely get the seat before their other test driver

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Blue and yellow for me

Me too!!!!!hehehe
    And the winner of this sunday grand prix is..........

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Me too!!!!!hehehe

Dream on! Monty & Iceman will eat him for breakfast

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Me too!!!!!hehehe

They'll have enough to try to beat their own teamate underdog "De La Rosa" first, who ate them and everybody else for breakfast today... fastest man of the day!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

I thought the so-called Iceman only ate strippers for breakfast
    (Forza Ferrari)

hehehe

Guys,

F1 rules state that teams which finished 5th or below in the 2004 F1 Constructors Championship can run 3 cars. Ferrari, Williams, BAR and Renault filled the top 4 positions in 2004 so they are not eligible for this. McLaren had a terrible 2004 (they came 5th) so they are taking full advantage of this concession designed for the weaker teams that are expected to do less well.

Ahhh, there is the reason

You're welcome Carlos - I'm a total F1 addict (been following it every year since I was 12 , now 35 ) so at least knowing all that trivia came in useful to somebody for something!

It was surprising to see Schumacher not leading the time sheets in practice. Looks like Mclaren and WIlliams both have a good shot.

To early to tell, Fridays sessions are more for testing tire compounds and gathyering info, tomorrow is when the real lap times start to come out, but McLaren sure look strong. But will they be reliable enough?

@ easy_rider911, so who will you be chrearing for?

Quote:
    temm said:
    I thought the so-called Iceman only ate strippers for breakfast
    (Forza Ferrari)

Yeah, like a stripper he likes the pole-position.

"McLaren dominant on day one.
    Silver arrows pierce Ferrari armour.

Pedro de la Rosa and Kimi Raikkonen pushed McLaren firmly to the fore in Melbourne this afternoon, as they set the two fastest times in the dying minutes of practice to dislodge Michael Schumacher."

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/2650/732.html

But with the lack of endurance in the Mercs - who knows...they might end up last on sunday.

Forza Fiat?

Well, the rain ruined Saturdays qualifying and those that got a drier track got "significantly" better lap times, Schummi for example made only 18th at 25secs away than Fisichella
    Since this season's starting grid is determined by an aggregate between Saturday's qualifying and Sundays qualifying session, the whole grid will be flawed for Sunday's race
    Oh, well...

Oooh yeah!... Alonso 13th on the grid... caught stuck behind Villeneuve for 17 full laps loosing over 25 seconds to the lead of the race and distance to all the drivers that were in front of Villeneuve... finally gets a chance to rid of him... storms through the field making the fastest lap of the race and winding up in 3rd place behind Barrichello and only 6 seconds behind Fisichella

If 2005 regulations wouldn't make you re-use the same engine for the next race he would of probably kept the pace and attacked Barrichello for 2nd, but best not to risk it.
    Barri also made a great race, I think this will be his year in Ferrari since he is a smoother driver than Schummi and that is very important with the new tire regulations. M.Schumacher, you can tell he is the brother of R.Schumacher with the move he pulled on Heidfeld he deserved to not finish

This F1 season is looking more interesting than last years (which is not hard to do) with the competition between McLaren, Renault, WIlliams, Ferrari, and the drivers and tires.

Yes Charles( ), Alonso did a great race!!!, he has been the best pilot of today's race!!..He had to slow down in the last laps, because of those new regulations...in the next grand prix, temperature will be over40*C.
    As you said Villeneuve, was another major factor for this 3rd place...Alonso deserved being 1rst place

Also great race for "redbulls"cars!!!

Schumi deserved his "out of race"

Well, Alonso is the youngest driver in F1 history to win a race, to get a pole, to set a fastest lap, and to make a podium finish... so all he needs now is to win the championship and would then become also the youngest driver to win a championship!! :grin

Very impressed with Fisichella and Alonso, The car's great too... Alonso hammered through the field and Fissi drove smoothly and no doubt his car will be in good nick for the next race.. Fisi's tyres looked brand new when he finished...showed he never really had to drive very hard..I think these two are gonna win more races this year for sure..

As for McLaren... Looks like they are fast but use their tyres up more than the Renault and the Ferrari..

Coulthard went a long way in repairing his reputation.. drove very well in a car that was obviously slower than the williams and Renault... Good on him, he's come in for a lot of criticisum.

Roll on Malaysia..

What, no credit to Fisichella for a good drive or to Barrichello who said, "After fifteen laps, my rear brakes were locking really badly, the balance all went to the rear and it was like driving a kart?"

Fisico did a good job I agree, but wonder if he would of had what it takes to finish in the same position if he wouldt of started back further in the grid after being the only driver to run qualifying in a dry track, unfair. In equal qualifing circumstances he would of been behind in the grid or at least behind Alonso (Alonso has been faster in pre-season and in Friday sessions until the rain of Saturday). The question will remain, but we will see though in coming GP's, Fisico is definately better driver than last years Trulli and Renault has a serious contender car this season if proves to be reliable. Today after being blessed by luck in qualifying, Fisico did what he had to do in the race, keep the first position and drive as conservatively as posible and make no mistakes, and he did a good job, he said his tires were still perfect at the end of the race as xpenscex pointed out, will the Michelins play a big factor in this season just like the Bridgestones played one in favour of the Ferraris last year?. And that engine of Fisico will be fresh as new for Malasia, unlike Alonso's after what he had to do today.
    Would of wished Webber could of made podium in fornt of his audience though.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Would of wished Webber could of made podium in fornt of his audience though.

If this were NASCAR, you could have bet good money the race officials would have found a way to make it happen !

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765207 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437148 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261364 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258171 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82737 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877422 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809649 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM