Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: ***BREAKING NEWS - official Enzo lap time @ Nordschleife

Quote:
    nberry said:

Yes there are differences in the level of Sap's.

Yes, and since you have in the past and still own current Porsche products, you Sir Nixalot ,are as Sappy as they come, I'm afraid. BTW, you STILL haven't answered where you are from

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Carlos there is a venue where all car manufacturers can set up their cars as they like to compete. It is called Formula One racing. Oops I forgot Porsche does not like to compete in any race events where engineering really matters.

Better to dope the public and live off your pass laurels. Why not, the sap's continue to buy their cars.

Isn't the reason Ferrari got into Formula One is they got the butt kicked at Le Mans by Porsche? Why did Ferrari drop out of Le Mans way before Porsche did? Is it because Porsche dominated the race for so long?

I thinks so. Ferrari are not successful at Le Mans nowadays( Porsche dominate in GT and Corvettes dominate in GTS).

Quote:
    I drive it for as long as I want

Just be careful not to put too many miles on it (i.e. more than 20k), the resale will be greately affected

20k miles = 32k km - is that a lot for porsche ?

Bridgestone special tyres for Enzo's attack

perhaps only special compound by Bridgestone.....some secrets applied from F1 to enzo....

Re: Bridgestone special tyres for Enzo's attack

My humble opinion about that :
    1. Ferrari does not need to break the time in the NS . They are WORLD CHAMPIONS in the F1 for some years. Where is Porsche now ?
    2. Come on guys ... every car maker has a special dept. for producing the press cars. ALL .. even Opel/GM when they give a "Corsa" to the journalists ...
    3. NS is the "territory" of Porsche
    I am a Porsche lover, a Ferrari lover, but it's unfair to criticize Ferrari b/c they would bring engineers with the car. Only, didn't you think about that : when you bring an Enzo to a place you don't really don't know officialy, a car with a value of 600 Keuro +, pay all attention for journalists or whatever reason, what happens if a little problem occurs ? They need the persons to repair. Plus, it's always interesting for them to acquire some technical data's ...

Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Yes there are differences in the level of Sap's.

Yes, and since you have in the past and still own current Porsche products, you Sir Nixalot ,are as Sappy as they come, I'm afraid. BTW, you STILL haven't answered where you are from

DAMN! Did you have to remind me?

Quote:
    jecey said:
    1. Ferrari does not need to break the time in the NS. They are WORLD CHAMPIONS in the F1 for some years. Where is Porsche now ?

Jecey, that will be of any value when F1 cars are legalised for street use and readily available for purchase by customers, until then that has no relation to who the production cars we can drive on the streets perform.
    Also bringing a support crew for technical and repair assitance to the journos during the test is not a problem, thats normal procedure, but creating a special Nring prepped and tunned car specifically for the test is not. None of the other rivals has had that advantage in the SportAuto test, the point is how do the production cars as sold to us customers faires in the ring for comparison, it should be just like any other normal production Enzo supplied for the other magazine tests that the Enzo appeared in.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    jecey said:
    1. Ferrari does not need to break the time in the NS. They are WORLD CHAMPIONS in the F1 for some years. Where is Porsche now ?

Jecey, that will be of any value when F1 cars are legalised for street use and readily available for purchase by customers, until then that has no relation to who the production cars we can drive on the streets perform.
    Also bringing a support crew for technical and repair assitance to the journos during the test is not a problem, thats normal procedure, but creating a special Nring prepped and tunned car specifically for the test is not. None of the other rivals has had that advantage in the SportAuto test, the point is how do the production cars as sold to us customers faires in the ring for comparison, it should be just like any other normal production Enzo supplied for the other magazine tests that the Enzo appeared in.

That's a good point, I didn't know that F was bringing a specially tuned car for the NS.
    I guess the NS is just a benchmark, not really relevant in itself, but it's like 0 to 60, you don't really do it, but it's nice to know.
    So yes, car should 100% client car.
    We'll see, this is exciting!

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Carlos there is a venue where all car manufacturers can set up their cars as they like to compete. It is called Formula One racing. Oops I forgot Porsche does not like to compete in any race events where engineering really matters.

Better to dope the public and live off your pass laurels. Why not, the sap's continue to buy their cars.

Isn't the reason Ferrari got into Formula One is they got the butt kicked at Le Mans by Porsche? Why did Ferrari drop out of Le Mans way before Porsche did? Is it because Porsche dominated the race for so long?

Nick, nick, nick, 1965...

Great year, that was the last time Ferrari won Le Mans. How many times did Porsche beat them since then? And then they had to drop out and go over to Formula One. Le Mans has been the single road race where most manufacturers have tried to win and some have except for Ferrari, who has not won at Le Mans for forty years!

I don't think it's worth getting into a Porsche versus Ferrari battle here, cuz the two brands are excellent in their own field.
    Ferrari rules in F1, and Porsche rules in the real world.
    Ferrari are great at making cars that last a weekend in F1....and that seems to be the same case in the real world.

Just because the Enzo is unable to go at full pace for 22 odd kilometres in NB without a batallion of engeneers to fix it if it should break down, the Enzo is still a fast car from 0-100 kmh.

And just because Ferrari do not want to let the Enzo get humiliated at NB because they know it's too slow for the CGT - the Enzo is still a beautiful car.
    I know a lot of girls who would love to have one.

So I don't see the need to get a fight going here?

Just because the Enzo is unable to go at full pace for 22 odd kilometres in NB without a batallion of engeneers to fix it if it should break down, the Enzo is still a fast car from 0-100 kmh.

And just because Ferrari do not want to let the Enzo get humiliated at NB because they know it's too slow for the CGT - the Enzo is still a beautiful car.
    I know a lot of girls who would love to have one.

Ferrari engineers are there to give advice to driver and take notes for future models. There won't be any funny business. Enzo will beat CGT hands down.

Even if the F60 doesnt beat the CGT, I'm sure its still an amazing car not to mention theres probably little or no owners that would drive their Enzo like a CGT

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:Enzo will beat CGT hands down.

Based on???

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Based on???

The Stig.

Top Gear's test track??? thats just for entertainment purposes its not meant for any real comparison like the one I just posted or SportAuto's, etc, the way the tests are conducted there they are meant to be taken with a grain of salt in Jeremy Clarkson's style. The Enzo could be fatser than the CGT in the ring for all we know, but Top Gear is not the best place to look for info.

well well Carlos, I don't know ... to mention about F1 is relevant. The CGT and the Enzo are so specials cars, so few people are able to drive to the max. potentials, few owners are bringing their cars to the track, or even on the road. These cars stay main of their time in boxes or showroom (private showroom) ... so why to make a comparo ?
    for marketing ? to prove who's is the best to make cars .. so why do they invest so much in the racing activities ? Everybody knows that these F1's can't be used or sold for road. Clear. For me is relevant who can win a season of F1, cause they put all their "savoir-faire" (know-how) in the race, and use this for the road applications.
    for owners ? I don't think so ... as I read here, most of Enzo owners have also the CGT.
    for us ? nooooo ...
    It's interesting though to know the times.

Quote:
    jecey said:
    It's interesting though to know the times.

Thats all it is, I agree Jecey, its curiosity, we all want to know which can lap the ring the fastest, in the end it won't matter cause 99% of their owners won't be able to take those cars to such a limit as to tell the difference and its not why they bought either one anyway. I just want to know who built the fastest car outside the track, and for that the ring is the best predictor IMO since ist not a real track, its the closest thing to a little sample of the real world. But I just hope we can find out without any special treatments and all cars under the same conditions, otherwise we will never really know

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Top Gear's test track??? thats just for entertainment purposes its not meant for any real comparison like the one I just posted or SportAuto's, etc, the way the tests are conducted there they are meant to be taken with a grain of salt in Jeremy Clarkson's style. The Enzo could be fatser than the CGT in the ring for all we know, but Top Gear is not the best place to look for info.

I don't think you should denegrate any source just because it disagrees with your biases. Top Gear's comparison is fair and reputable, IMO. So, I simply extrapolate those numbers and figure the Enzo will be about 8 seconds faster.

With regards to Clarkson, I'll admit he may be a character, but nevertheless, a fairly straight shooter in my estimation.

As for your source, I have no clue what is says, because it's foreign to me. But, if it's German, I could see how they might be a bit biased, themselves. I'm not say they are... just saying it's possible. Most of the magazines I've read regarding the Enzo and CGT have the former being a tad superior. The empirical data seems to point that way.

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, nick, nick, 1965...

Great year, that was the last time Ferrari won Le Mans. How many times did Porsche beat them since then? And then they had to drop out and go over to Formula One. Le Mans has been the single road race where most manufacturers have tried to win and some have except for Ferrari, who has not won at Le Mans for forty years!

Sorry I forgot the the hallmark of a Porschephile is living in the past. It is consistent with styling, performance and marketing of Porsche.

Carlos, one of these days the epiphany will come. When it does this is what you are going to do .

The Top gear tests really are for show. If they wanted serious tests they would do head to head tests on the same day and at the very least test on a dry track. Half of the tests they have are done are on a wet track! LOL There have been very few tests showing the Enzo and the CGT head to head. What I have seen is the CGT handles and brakes better. The Enzo is a tad quicker in a straight line and top speed due to is 50 odd HP advantage. Von Saurma is all about getting the most out of a car. Out of all mag tests theirs(AMS) seems to be the best in the world.

Lemans is the ultimate test for race cars. Like Carlos states some manufacturers have tried many times to win the Grand old race only to taste defeat. There is a huge difference between endurance and sprint racing with endurance being the most difficult on the car. Having the most wins at Lemans and all endurance races speaks for itself. Soon the Past will become present with the return of a factory Porsche team. Here is to number 17 at Lemans in 2006.

Re: ***BREAKING NEWS - official Enzo lap time @ Nordschleife***

I don't know why it is wrong to "adjust" the suspension on an Enzo in the same manner a customer car can be for this test. These are supercars which are designed to shine on the track and every racing team in the world tweaks (suspension settings, tire pressures, etc) their cars for specific tracks. And afterall, the CGT was R&D'd on the 'ring. If Ferrari tweaks the ECU or messes with tires, etc though, that's pretty much cheating.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

I don't think you should denegrate any source just because it disagrees with your biases. Top Gear's comparison is fair and reputable, IMO. So, I simply extrapolate those numbers and figure the Enzo will be about 8 seconds faster.

With regards to Clarkson, I'll admit he may be a character, but nevertheless, a fairly straight shooter in my estimation.

As for your source, I have no clue what is says, because it's foreign to me. But, if it's German, I could see how they might be a bit biased, themselves. I'm not say they are... just saying it's possible. Most of the magazines I've read regarding the Enzo and CGT have the former being a tad superior. The empirical data seems to point that way.

I'm not denigrating Top Gear, I'm just pointing out its just an "show" that is more oriented on entertainment that on being empirical abourt their info. Its very funny and entertaining but I hope no one takes then seriuosly for a source for info. If you have been following the show these years you will know how they conduct their tests and how they focus their stories. There is not "one" stig that tests all cars, the tests are not conducted under the same conditions, some days its raining some days is hot, the airport field they use can hardly be called a track, etc... its just for fun and entertainent.

Yet you denigrate the source I posted but take Top Gear seriously? let me tell you that in that true test, each car had its own factory team to oversee that the cars were in OK shape during the test and that the test was fair, all the cars were tested the same day and under the same conditions, and all with the same driver. In the handling track, the CGT pulled 1 second per lap over the ENZO, but let me say this can't be extrapolated to the nurburgring BTW since it was a tight smooth track that has nothing to do with the ring. The reason I pulled it out is because its the only real handling comparison I'm aware of between the CGT and Enzo.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    I don't know why it is wrong to "adjust" the suspension on an Enzo in the same manner a customer car can be for this test. These are supercars which are designed to shine on the track and every racing team in the world tweaks (suspension settings, tire pressures, etc) their cars for specific tracks. And afterall, the CGT was R&D'd on the 'ring. If Ferrari tweaks the ECU or messes with tires, etc though, that's pretty much cheating.

Ben,

The CGT used the ring for its development in order to develop its performance for the street and for its customers, but it wasn't set up "for" the ring. There is a difference, in other words, one thing is to use the ring for development, another is to make a ring CGT tunned version. The first is the production version, the latter would be even faster than the production version at the ring yet it would not represent the customer car. Same with the ENZO. No morel, no less.

The best way is to tune both Enzo and CGT for testing then...

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Ben,

The CGT used the ring for its development in order to develop its performance for the street and for its customers, but it wasn't set up "for" the ring. There is a difference, in other words, one thing is to use the ring for development, another is to make a ring CGT tunned version. The first is the production version, the latter would be even faster than the production version at the ring yet it would not represent the customer car. Same with the ENZO. No morel, no less.

Come on guys. These are street legal RACE cars. They are MEANT to be adjustable as ANY "race" car is to whatever track it is to be run on. So what if Ferrari's engineers actually have racing experience that isn't 6+ years in the past. It's just in their nature to concentrate on winning races first and profits second.

In the 6+ past years Porsche 911GT3s have been spanking Ferrari's 360s in sportscar racing. The point is Porsche tested at the Nring and got an incredible time using JUST a standard street set up. Ferrari knows if they hope to beat this time they have to send the race dept and give the Enzo a special Nring only set up. This isn't a RACE, its a mag test. LOL It's laughable that they don't have the same faith as Porsche in just sending a stardard street example to be tested. Man it sounds like Enzo really taught Ferrari management how to carry on in their old ways. LOL Ferrari can get away with putting profits second because they aren't even Independent! If it were not for Fiat Ferrari would have gone tits up.

Quote:
    NeverLift said:
    In the 6+ past years Porsche 911GT3s have been spanking Ferrari's 360s in sportscar racing.

Oh, I didn't know those were Porsche factory teams.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761745 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435010 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260317 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80877 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871837 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807195 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM